Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-02-2011, 11:09 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 229/226/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggo75002 View Post
Hi, just bought the full bars as I was seeking something to fill me up before I eat so I don't eat as much at dinner. I already use flax seed and was cautious of the psyllium (sp?) because of getting too much fiber. If I take the Psyllium (sp?) in addition to the flax seed and other fiber I take during the day, would that be too much fiber? I am glad I ran across this site and hope you ladies don't mind the presence of a male user.....
Brian
Are you taking the flax seed for the Omega 3 benefits? If so, you need to crack the shells because our digestive systems don't have the enzymes to dissolve the shell. You can use a mortar and pestle or coffee grinder. You'll still get the benefit of the fibre from the shells.
As for psyllium, start out with a small amount and gradually increase until you find what amount is right for you.

[

Last edited by valwal; 04-02-2011 at 11:30 AM.
valwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 305/258/170

This is the thread that brought me to this site. I was googling Full Bar and this site popped up. I am so glad that I found the forums, as there is so much helpful information.

Just adding a note about the original topic, Full Bars actually have made a huge difference in me succeeding in the life long weight struggle.

I only take them to work for lunch and I only eat one. I usually have mini meals through the day and I added a Full Bar into the schedule. I can't eat 30 minutes after, as directed. I'm still too full. I drink more water than recommended, so that may make the difference, and I take 30 minutes to eat/drink.

I found in the beginning, I could only do the pattern 4 days in a row. The 5th day, my digestion felt wonky, so I would eat as healthy as I could. Now after two months, I can have one every work day and if I skip one day, I am able to minimize my food intake during the day. I focus on healthy choices and lower calories/high nutrition.

Over all, I think the Full Bar made a huge difference in how I eat, crushed the cravings, and now I easily maintain a healthy low calorie eating plan. Something I have never accomplished no matter what program I tried before. While it may seem a lot of money, the bar is responsible for me being able to be in control of my weight loss and not the weight loss in control of me.

It certainly was a better choice than gastric bypass surgery!!!
MissAngelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:36 AM   #318  

Default No Bariatric Surgery!!

Hi everyone - I have just purchased a few boxes of the Full bars and will be getting them in a couple of days.... I hope they work for me as well as they seem to for some of you!!

I am new to this forum and found it while researching the Full Bars.... I'm really glad I found it and I can agree that using Full Bars or another form of weight control, other than Bariatric surgery, is what we should all be looking for.

I know that for some the surgery has been a God send but for my sister-in-law, it ended with her passing away on the operating table because she hemorrhaged only three months after having the surgery. She was over 300 lbs and needed to lose the weight in order to have knee surgery. She chose the "Foley Pouch" procedure but it wasn't meant to be. Still it was very, very sad for us to lose her.... All she wanted was to be thin enough to get her knees fixed.

Anyway, I find it comforting that a bariatric bypass surgeon came up with these bars and well, I hope they work for all of us that have chosen to try them! I know we're not asking for "miracles" just some help to get some weight off....

Take care everyone and hope to see some of you all around the forum!

Hugs,

Softheart
softheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 197 lbs

Height: 5-5

Smile full bars

i just started the full bars yesterday.found then at kroger.i eat one while drinking a bottle water. i fill full after i eat it.little bit later when i eat i am still full and i do eat less.i also have been eating less often through out the day.i eat 2 bars a day at lunch and supper.i still have to weigh myself but so far so good on my eating.seems to work
nessa1up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:45 AM   #320  
Wear 9/10 by 9/10/11!!

S/C/G: 160/158/130or9-10inPants

Height: 5'4

Question

Im new and I have a question because im confused. I have read 2 different things. 1) take 1 bar before you 2 biggest meals and then 2) take 2 bars a day.
Which is it? Is there a difference?

Im 160, need to lose 30lbs. So not a ton.
Morethananumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

I tried these as a snack between meals (i think it's kinda dumb to eat 30 minutes before a meal to curb your hunger...since if it's mealtime that's one time that i DO want to be hungry...i'd rather curb my hunger BETWEEN meals). Didn't do anything for me. Tastes kinda like cardboard but it's edible--enjoyable enough that i'm going to eat the rest (bought 4).
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #322  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Um okay they actually made me hungrier than usual yesterday. In fact i binged for the first time in 25 days because of them. Ok just kidding...the binge was my own fault. But they did make me hungrier than usual.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #323  
Looking for the 200's

S/C/G: 325/311.4/174

Height: 6'0

I am not sure if they work I tried 2 different flavors and could only get a few bites down. The taste was to much for me.
milliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:10 AM   #324  
Wear 9/10 by 9/10/11!!

S/C/G: 160/158/130or9-10inPants

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl2 View Post
Um okay they actually made me hungrier than usual yesterday. In fact i binged for the first time in 25 days because of them. Ok just kidding...the binge was my own fault. But they did make me hungrier than usual.
Thats because you need to follow the directions and eat them 30min BEFORE a meal WITH water. They have Fullbites and Truffulls for snacks.
Morethananumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #325  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

I also didn't do well on FullBars. I think they might work better for obese/very overweight people who would be candidates for surgery, than for mildly overweight people. After all, my calorie budget to lose weight is about 1200 a day. If I exercise daily (and I do), I can eat 1300-1400 and still lose, but spending 10% of my daily intake on a Full Bar still doesn't make sense, and would require more restriction at meal times.

For people who are having trouble adjusting from a 3000 calorie diet to a 1800 or 2000 calorie budget, of course Full Bars could be a godsend. But these are completely different scenarios.

I've found that GG Bran Cripsbreads are a good alternative: 5g fiber and 12 calories per large cracker (they come in packs of 10 for $3). The fiber fills me up naturally and is very convenient to pack. I would also eat it 30 minutes before meals with water.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 156/143/127

Height: 5'3" or 64"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eratosthanes View Post
Egads! I don't care if they work or not, at 160+ calories for one (little, medium, big doesn't matter) bar, I am going to have to say no. My homemade Mexican soups usually run about 110 cal a bowl, which is THREE LADLES FULL and not just broth! It's packed with tons of veggies, lean protein, some carbs and a tiny bit of fat. It's everything that keeps you going for less calories, and from what people have been saying, WAY BETTER TASTE!

If you have little time, sure this might help, but honestly I prefer my diet-food to be delicious, not "okay."
Mexican soups??? recipe please?????
suchafattypatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #327  

Question Bought some today

ok not the best tasting thing I've ever put in my mouth but it does kinda feel like a dessert, like rice krispie treat sorta thing..It's does seem to help with appetite control but I'm testing it out for a few days..I wouldn't say you feel "very" full more like you don't feel especially hungry. They are expensive but then so are most diet aids. I'm sure a resourceful person could make something homemade to mimic this diet bar and it would probably taste a lot better..but then that is kind of dangerous too because if it tastes too good you might be tempted to eat more of a serving then you should. the cost makes one think twice whether it will promote impressive enough weight loss to invest $50 a month. Somewhat skeptical but again I'm also an optimist
Ruslana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #328  

S/C/G: 170/164/130

Height: 5'2"

Okay I read all 22 pages of threads yesterday while researching these full bars. Today I ate a fiber one granola bar for breakfast while running errands. I stopped at CVS and bought six full bars for 12.00 after using 3 dollar extra care bucks. Thought the price was very good. came home to dump off groceries and cut a peanut butter crunch full bar in half, grabbed a bottle of water and was back out the door to pick up two kids for the dentist. Thought I would stop at Mickey d's for lunch with kids, even though they had lunch at school. I know teaching them very bad habits. Instead I was surprised to find that the bar made me feel almost uncomfortably full!! Skipped mcdonalds and stopped at walmart after the dentist to buy two more boxes of full bars. I had the other half of the bar a half hour before dinner and only ate one bowl of chili. Yay me!! I joined a challenge that runs till July 4th and hope the bars will help. I will keep everyone informed as to how they work. Day one success!!
Iam2sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 215/212/165

Height: 5'8

I picked up one of these Fullbars just to try. I took it to work and ate it in a meeting around 10am. At 1:30pm I realized I hadn't eatten lunch and I still wasnt hungry. I am skeptical so I bought a box of 6 from Rite-Aid. I can honestly say these curb my appetite and I am on Weight Watchers and they are only 4 ww points. My only complaint is the price! 6 bars for 10 bux only gets you 3 days. Has anyone tried the other products, the protein shakes? Also, have you found them any cheaper anywhere?

Last edited by stefnee; 03-25-2012 at 09:19 AM.
stefnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #330  
I'm a loser, yay!

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'2"

If it says drink a full glass of water with it, maybe it's just the WATER that's causing the "full"ness. And water is free. So methinks that's the answer.
everdeen is offline   Reply With Quote