Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #271  

Default Full Bar at Costco

I was interested in full bar after seeing these posts. I tried a couple for the first week. I have issues with milk products so I cant do other diet program's shakes. I didn't have any "issues". I didn't see much difference until I'd taken them for a few days. I can definitely tell that I'm not eating as much. I'm not having any problems with gas or upset stomach. I have a desk job. I work behind a computer and tend to hit the snack areas often... you know the candy jar on that desk... the birthday cake in the break room... but I'm totally not feeling the snack cravings. I take one at 11am and warm up my lunch at 11:30. I'm full feeling until about 4:30 and even then not really hungry yet. I do notice that I'm thirstier. I drink a lot more water now.

I was at the local Costco this weekend and noticed that they have a box. I'm tempted to just break down and buy that big box. I wonder... how long would it last? I think it was under $20.
Heatherbbdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 163/147/126

Height: 5'7"

I LOVE Fullbar's Fullbites. They taste like Bugles and really fill me up. The first day I ate them I was full from 11am until 9pm. Now the fullness lasts about 4 hours. They have 150 calories, 8 g of protein and 2 g of sugar. I eat 1 per day before lunch and it carries me through. (I am on the Belly Fat Cure, so trying to limit my sugar intake to 9 g per day.) They are pretty pricey ... so I just placed an order for 144 bags at $1.23 per bag.
SandiCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:39 PM   #273  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs down

Egads! I don't care if they work or not, at 160+ calories for one (little, medium, big doesn't matter) bar, I am going to have to say no. My homemade Mexican soups usually run about 110 cal a bowl, which is THREE LADLES FULL and not just broth! It's packed with tons of veggies, lean protein, some carbs and a tiny bit of fat. It's everything that keeps you going for less calories, and from what people have been saying, WAY BETTER TASTE!

If you have little time, sure this might help, but honestly I prefer my diet-food to be delicious, not "okay."
eratosthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #274  

Cool like

I tried them and liked them. On Sunday, I ate 1/3 of a bar before breakfast. Ate some fruite. Ate the other 1/3 before lunch and could not finish my salad. I ate the last third before dinner and I ate much less than I would have if I had not eaten the bar.

Monday I ate the whole bar for breakfast. I helped keep me full through lunch. On the way home from work I ate 1/2 of another bar and again, full and ate way less of the food I always eat ALOT of. LOL

Yesterday morning I ate the other half, then Iwent online and saw the instructions. Normally supposed to eat the full bar before lunch and dinner. I skipped the full bar at lunch, but I still ate less than normal and last night I had a whole bar before dinner, I definitely was full.

I have got to tell you that I was pretty full this morning...without a bar and ate 1/2 of my usual portion of breakfast. So I think it might be working.

I know its not inexpensive, but I'm willing to give it a go now that I can tell that I am pretty full. My problem has always been being able to tell when I am full and I always overeat whether its healthy food or fatty foods. This thing is giving me the feeling of fullness that I've been wanting to feel. And, it's helping me to focus on protein, veggies and fruit, just because it is a carb. And, btw, carbs are good for you, everyone needs carbs.

That's my two cents.
YogaTicha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #275  
Mel Belle

S/C/G: 157/ticker/120

Height: 4'11"

Default Fullbar

I picked a fullbar and a pack of fullbites up at Walgreens yesterday. I ate the fullbites around 7:30 and didn't have the desire to munch the rest of the evening like I usually do. I ate the fullbar this morning and it seems to do the job. I placed an order for them on the fullbar website, so I could pick my flavors. I picked up a box of cocoa ones up from Sam's to hold me over in the meantime.
melaniea1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:35 PM   #276  
Weight Watchers!

S/C/G: 221/ticker/175

Height: 5'

I think I am going to get these to put on "stand by", meaning those time that nothing seems to fill me up. I have those days once a month, you know what I mean, and I just can not shake it. I was down to 205 and had one of those days the day after valentines, so I ate all the candy in the house, pizza, and whatever else I could get. I cried like a baby the next day when I went up to 209. That is when these could come in handy, if I feel full I will not eat.
After 3 days of hard work I am back to 205 but still sad that I could be lower if I would not have ate so much junk.
On normal days I would never take in as many calories, I have a BodyBugg so I know my burn and how many calories I can have. The calories in this would not be an issue it would prevent an issue.
I will let you know how these work.
eviemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #277  

Height: 5'4"

OK, I want to add my little review here. I'm on WW but I thought I could use these to try to enhance my weight loss, plus I'm just a sucker for trying new stuff.

I've only had two so far. One was a snack Friday afternoon--that was the chocolate. I didn't love how it tasted but yes, it definitely filled me up! Then I had one of the apple caramel kind on Saturday morning for breakfast. Again, it definitely filled me up to the point of feeling almost nauseous. But sadly, once the fullness was gone I felt SO extra hungry. I know it is not meant to be a meal replacement bar, and now I see why.

I allow a few splurge nights each week on my WW plan. Tonight is one--date night with my husband. I have the extra weekly WW points, but since we eat out for date night and counting points can be hard, I think the fullbars will be excellent before we go out for our date. It will really help to curb my appetite, which is what it was meant to do.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #278  

Looking through some of these posts I am amazed at the number of posters who just buy the bars without any idea of how the program is supposed to work! Please take the time to research the FUll Bar website and read and listen to the available videos, it is very helpful.

I think I have earned the title "professional dieter" and I am so ready to stop overeating and get healthy. I have tried (almost!) every diet on the forums, some with limited success but nothing that really worked long term for me.

I am an overeater, pure and simple, I love food and the more the merrier so, an aid that can assist you in eating smaller portions seemed a good remedy for me. I have just started week 2 and I like the entire concept of full bar: you think about what you are eating and you eat less. Is this easy to do ?Yes. I bought my first bars at a local store and just ordered the combo pack from the website which is much more cost effective. I think that the variety will keep me going.

I have 80 lbs (or so) to go, so, wish me well and let's help each other succeed!
RosieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #279  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

I have to say that I don't really care for the stats on the Full Bar; 170 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, 6 grams of protein and only 4 of fiber?

Ingredients: Purified water, brown rice syrup, peanuts, soy protein concentrate, honey, glycerin, agave syrup, acacia gum, natural flavors, salt and soy lecithin.

I can eat so many delicious, more nutritious, filling foods for 170 calories, foods with less or no sweeteners, more protein, more fiber, more antioxidants, vitamins and minerals as well as more "stay full" power.

Also, eating 170 calories BEFORE a meal...well, for many, that's half the calories allotted for an entire meal!
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #280  
Mel Belle

S/C/G: 157/ticker/120

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCat View Post
Looking through some of these posts I am amazed at the number of posters who just buy the bars without any idea of how the program is supposed to work! Please take the time to research the FUll Bar website and read and listen to the available videos, it is very helpful.

I think I have earned the title "professional dieter" and I am so ready to stop overeating and get healthy. I have tried (almost!) every diet on the forums, some with limited success but nothing that really worked long term for me.

I am an overeater, pure and simple, I love food and the more the merrier so, an aid that can assist you in eating smaller portions seemed a good remedy for me. I have just started week 2 and I like the entire concept of full bar: you think about what you are eating and you eat less. Is this easy to do ?Yes. I bought my first bars at a local store and just ordered the combo pack from the website which is much more cost effective. I think that the variety will keep me going.

I have 80 lbs (or so) to go, so, wish me well and let's help each other succeed!
I agree. I recommend that anyone who uses the Fullbars watch the videos about how you are supposed to use them. I absolutely LOVE eating, but I am trying to train myself to recognize when I reach my full point, and stop eating. I ordered a variety of flavors from the website. I didn't order the peanut butter ones, as I am not a huge fan of pb in general. I am not a huge fan of the lemon lime ones. The cocoa chip and berry blast are my favorites.
melaniea1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:28 PM   #281  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionista View Post
I have to say that I don't really care for the stats on the Full Bar; 170 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, 6 grams of protein and only 4 of fiber?

Ingredients: Purified water, brown rice syrup, peanuts, soy protein concentrate, honey, glycerin, agave syrup, acacia gum, natural flavors, salt and soy lecithin.

I can eat so many delicious, more nutritious, filling foods for 170 calories, foods with less or no sweeteners, more protein, more fiber, more antioxidants, vitamins and minerals as well as more "stay full" power.

Also, eating 170 calories BEFORE a meal...well, for many, that's half the calories allotted for an entire meal!
Well for me on WW, the Fullbars I have are either 2 or 3 points each. I get 25 daily WW points, plus a weekly amount of 35 extra points. I use those points for when I eat out, but it's so hard to track when I eat out. SO...I would say it's worth it for me to eat a 3 point Fullbar before I go out to eat, because that full feeling could very well prevent me from eating 10 points' worth of food. Which is, I believe, how the Fullbars were designed to be used.

I had a Fullbar yesterday at 4 instead of my normal afternoon snack so that probably only cost me one extra point, since a normal snack for me is 2 points. I think it kept me pretty full once I headed out for dinner even though that was 2 hours later. An apple just wouldn't have cut it yesterday!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #282  
Weight Watchers!

S/C/G: 221/ticker/175

Height: 5'

Ok here is my take on this..
I tried a HALF of a bar, 85 calories, and I feel like I just ate a whole meal. I do not get full easy either. I did drink the water with it. So that is a +
The taster is good, I had the peanut butter. It taste like sugar smacks just not as sweet. So that is another +

I have days in the month when I just binge. There is no nice way to say it but I pig out. It is part mental but also because I never get full, so when those days come around this is what I am reaching for.
There are also those times when I eat a little late and I grab whatever (usually on Thurs when my kids have volleyball and baseball) While I am trying to get some food on the table I eat, and I eat more than i realize. This would be a good time to grab one of these.

So for me these fit into my life as a backup plan.
eviemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:45 AM   #283  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I bought some full bars last week and have used them before meals, but I'm also severely rationing so I can't really tell if they're working or it's a placebo effect.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #284  

I also saw them on TV and have been thinking of trying them. I only bought two at Kroger and tried one the other day I think they may be good as a meal replacement but at 170 calories are they going to really cause you to eat that much less at a meal to be worth the cost. I agree with other posters that you can eat something like an apple and have water before a meal and it would have the same effect
brandi6503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #285  

Default Full Bar

I just got them today and they do fill you up and it is expensive and MAYBE it's hype, but I'm going to give it a shot. I'll give you updates.
bread is offline   Reply With Quote