Old 01-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Staccie- OMG 6 lbs!! Thank you botch dentist. lol. I wish I could live with NO starches. I just might cry thinking about it I love them so much. Davey and I crashed in the rockies on Vail pass leaving CO to CA with a Uhaul. Scary but we are okay. They are heavy which is great in the snow! The more stuff you put in the safer you are so start shopping =)
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #287  

Have you guys heard of spark people.com? Just wondering about feedback. I am thinking about doing that with planned meals instead of just plain tracking.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #288  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

AJ - I like your new tickers - looks like you are raring to go!

Everyone one must be recovering today

I had a good workout...I listen to my body though when it's had enough. I don't want to be too ambitious and hurt myself. But it feels really good. I had extra lean ground beef stuffed in tomatoes with a bunch of cut up veggies with salsa - it was really good. I am changing up what I am eating almost everyday and not eating the same thing (like I usually do), it means spending more time in the kitchen but it's worth it. I think that was one of my faults before is eating the same thing everyday. In the last few days I've had pork chops, turkey burgers (no bread) and these stuffed tomatoes (as entrees)

Well I am going to watch a movie and go to bed. I have a hair appointment tomorrow, continuing with the lightening...I love my hair appointments.

Big hugs for everyone
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:33 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls! I'm back! My husband is leaving in the morning.. in less than 6 hrs.. he's asleep.. and of course I can't sleep at all. ugh... I have been basically eating whatever for the last 2.5wks since he's been here. Going out to eat everyday. I weighed 185 before he got here 2 weeks ago.. I feel like I've gained 50lbs! I'm so afraid to weigh myself. But i will in the morning. So I have another starting point. I'll take whatever it is..I'm sure I'm up at least 10lbs. I feel disgusting. But I'm going to be on point.. starting now. I won't see him again until Feb 10th. All I'm going to do from now until then is focus on my diet and exercise.

Hope everyone had a great new year. This is going to be a good year. I can feel it! I'm so motivated already and it's only the first day. Here's to reaching out goals this year. We can do it!
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #290  

Just weighed myself... 185! WOW... I am surprised. I was afraid to weigh myself cuz I thought I was close to 200. I didn't really gain anything. That's crazy. I guess my metabolism is better than I thought. Looks like everyone is doing great. You'll be hearing a lot from me now that I have a lot of time on my hands. I missed you guys! TTYL!!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #291  

Staccie- How was the movie?? And your hair??

Neesy- Great to have you back. Great job on the 185. I did the same the last two weeks and really did gain 10lbs back =( Its okay. New Year, new motivation. I forgot to tell you that my brother was suppose to get out of the Marines dec. 10th. Nope... screwed him. He didn't even get to come home for xmas. He "will be home" Jan 17th now but who knows with the military. I told you its not just you =(

I am back on plan today. I have had cuties and yogurt for breakfast with a cup of tea. That website plans my meals for me so I don't really have to think. LMAO! I am getting a little bit of shopping and more laundry from our trip done today.... exciting day. =)

Miss you and hope you are all have great days to start the new year!!
Old 01-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

neesy - Sooo glad we have you back and it sounds like you had a blast with your hubby. Major kudos for maintaining - it kind of gives you hope for the future, that it won't be impossibly hard to maintain.

staccie - wow - you are one motivated chickie - good for you! Congrats on the 6lbs! Eliminating starches is so hard and I'm so impressed with what you're doing. Very healthy!

aj - glad you guys made it back safe and that you're cranking already!

I started packing today and have been going up and down stairs a lot so I'm going to call that my pseudo workout for the day. Am headed over to my bf's for some houseprojects and then dinner and a movie.

Hope you all are doing well!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #293  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Welcome back Neesy, glad to hear that you maintained - it shows that your previous habits must have changed!

I'm sitting here waiting for FEDEX - I have tons to do and can't leave until they come...ewww. So I'm bored, bored, bored and want to go and work out!
Old 01-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #294  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Movie was ok, hair is getting done this afternoon (if I ever get out of here)!!

AJ - sorry to hear about your brother...will you get to see him when he comes back? I assume you are pretty close? And kudos to you getting back on track - when I come visit you we want to both be a couple of healthy big boobed gals hanging out (well not our girls hanging out - well not too much anyway).

Dance - I'd say what you are doing today counts are more than a workout, I bet you are burning a lot of calories! Have a good night with the movie and bf!

As for the starches, it's not as bad as I thought - add fruit to that. I'm not a big fruit eater anyway (other than berries) so it's all good. I have another three weeks and then I can incorporate one starch and one fruit in my meals per day. I might just leave out all the pasta and stuff though and just have oatmeal (I miss that). I feel so good - it's hard to explain - almost cleansed. For me, it's trying to find a way to change my habits and not feel like I am always on a diet. Pasta is good but feeling this good is even better. And my hiccups are gone - I used to get them 3-4 times a day and I haven't had them in almost a week.

Still waiting for FEDEX...my eyes are coming (contacts). I can't believe that I ran out. I ordered enough for the next three months so I don't have to worry about it again

As soon as they come I'm heading to the gym, shower and then my hair. Tonight I don't have too much planned, I got to get some work done and i work all day tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm going to post some pictures of some construction at the Olympics (for my venue). I am thinking about doing a blog but I don't have time. So I will post them on facebook. For those of you that don't have facebook I will send you the link, you should still be able to look at them!
Old 01-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #295  

Dance- Dinner and a move sounds so fun! Esp after a long day of working on packing. I hate packing.

Staccie- LOL!! Yes we will def be hangin out. =) I would never get a reduction because of the horrible scars but I would def consider a lift once I lose as much as I can. PS LOVE YOU and you fun sense of humor!
Old 01-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #296  

AJ-that sucks about your brother. Will he be completely out when he comes home on the 17th? and I like the planned meal idea. I need to do that more.

Staccie-Kudos to you for cutting out starches. They are my weakness. You are a stronger person than me. Looks like you are doing awesome. Way to start the new year. Your job sounds so exciting by the way.

Dance- thanks=) What are you packing for? I must've missed somethin. Have fun tonight!
Old 01-02-2010, 06:33 PM   #297  

Neesy- Yes. He is done. Her is over due to be done. He tried to re-enlist but he has a bad knee now.

I love planned meals.

I have had 2 cuties, 1 egg, 2 slices 45 cal bread, 1 tbs peanut butter, 1 plain yogurt, tea and water. I am about to eat a cucumber and make some vegi chili for dinner. I am only at 490 cals so I am read y to eat a big dinner and quit eating until tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #298  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Aj what are cuties? I am curious

I did my workout (leg day) - ewww. I'm pretty tired. I haven't even't checked my phone today - just don't feel like it. They are both on silent.

Don't feel like doing work either...it's so hard to get motivated on the weekend! I am thinking a nice relaxing night.

My hair appointment got cancelled so it's tomorrow...

PS I get grumpy when I can't go number 2 - sorry for the info. Must be too much protein!
Old 01-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #299  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Happy Sunday ladies.

My hair appointment got cancelled again he's still sick. SIGH Now I have to wait until next Saturday and I'm going to be wearing my hair down to hide the curly pubic looking grey hairs. Look at the positive, I can get it done again right before the Olympics and it will look great.

I had a bit of a workout this morning, but my back muscles are tired so I took it easy. I noticed that when I weigh myself after a day off at the gym, it's always less - it's that whole muscle holding water thing I guess. Mental note to do that. I was the same weight today as Thursday and I'm pretty happy with that regardless and I put on a pair of pants yesterday that wouldn't even do up last Saturday and they go on now (a lot of bloat is gone but I like to think maybe I've lost like 1/2 an inch or something lol).

For my FB friends...I'm taking a break from it for awhile. I waste too much time on there and I would rather spend the free time that I have on here because this is a better social and emotional support for me. I have to start thinking about how I am going to allot my free time to do the things that are important and valuable for me. And this - you girls are definitely a top priority. I figure if I can kick starches, I can kick my facebook addiction!

Today I have to do work, I haven't really been lately and so today is all about catching up. I had a nice breakfast of egg white scramble with onion, garlic, tomato, red pepper, salsa and avocado with a bit of extra lean ground beef with some taco seasoning. For lunch I'm having dill tuna on cucumber medallions. Yum!

Chat later - hope you all had a good weekend!
Old 01-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #300  

Staccie- Cuties are really tiny clemintine oranges. They are soooo good and in season. I could eat a whole bag. I really admire you giving up starches. I think that is the hardest thing to do but remember that NO starches is linked to depression! Be careful or you might end up on wacky weight gaining pills someday =) I only say it because I love you lady!!

I slept 13 hours last night. Not sure what my deal is but I was liking my sleep schedule in Denver. Damn! Well start of day 2 =) I feel good.

On a great note.... I weighed in at 165 at the doctors last week and today I am at 163.1!! I am moving in the right direction. Water water water!
So I am officially up by 8lbs instead of 10 for this challenge. LOL.

Last edited by ajowens; 01-03-2010 at 02:56 PM.