Old 12-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Popcorn-feel better soon!!!!!

Lindy- 5 more day. I am so ready. Did you do 30ds today? I was thinking about pulling it out when I get back.

Dance-Im trying to stay positive even with the scale hanging out at 201 for so long. Keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow for 200.

Staccie-rats, yuck. Did your day get any better?

Kitty-some is better than none.

AJ-love the idea of painting a pic for your hubby. I would love to see it too if you want to share.

Neesy-I was looking back a few days ago too. I am so thankful to have all of you too. I have come a lot farther with all of you as buddies than if I would have gone at this alone.

Did good with food today and exercise. Ready for a new day tomorrow and to hopefully see that drop on the scale.

5 DAYS!!!!!! I want to get out of the north!!!

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 01-13-2010 at 11:59 PM.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:23 AM   #182  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi chicks,

I just got done making some turkey chili for something different, kind of fitting for the winter season too. I'm pretty tired now, going to bed. My day was just blah...snappy and grouchy. Oh well I hope to be better tomorrow!

So this morning I came out of my gym and this rat comes around the corner by the garbage bin. I've never seen one before and it massive. It CHECKED ME OUT - I swear I saw it's beady little eyes squint and his teeth clack together in anticipation - I admit it, I ran. I was seriously freaked out all day.

I don't know what contributed to my poor mood, maybe not enough sleep - the alcohol - not too sure. Or the fact I weighed myself this morning and it was way up, and I knew I shouldn't have because when you drink alcohol and don't go poop for a few days your weight is bound to show it! That's the problem with that stupid scale!!! I will weigh in on Sunday, I feel good, I think, ah I don't know but I am keeping going. I've noticed that I am gradually adding a few things in I shouldn't so I need to monitor that more, but the portion sizes are very minimal so maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself. Next Wed I get measured and that will be a true testament to change.

I have another christmas party tomorrow, but I am not drinking. It's just not worth it, I'm not going to stay too late either, just a chance to say hello and in many cases, goodbye to people (once people get on other venues, I probably won't see them again). I will nurse a glass of wine all damn night if I have to - just for appearance sake so I don't get razzed Hangovers, yeah NOT worth it!

AJ - that's so awesome about the art...maybe you will do it more now that you've started again...and you get to go home soon - I bet you are so excited!!!

Burgandy - fingers crossed to see a change this week!!!

Dance - I agree on the outfit, I get it tomorrow. I hear that it doesn't fit big hipped women too well - OH GREAT!!! Here come the SPANX!

Neesy - so agree on this, I've been around since April and was sporadic a few times but I can't be now - it's such a lifeline!

Lindy - it's so nice to have you back on here!!

Well sorry for no more - but I am falling asleep. Will check in tomorrow before my party and after.

S
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:33 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 250/SeeTracker/150

Height: 5'2''

Staccie - I can't wait to be at my goal weight and not have to worry about clothes, but until then Spanx is a lifesaver!!! Spanx and I are best buddies!

AJ - That's awesome you paint! You should definitely post a picture when you're all done! I do graphic design as my creative outlet and I think creative outlets are so necessary! I actually just started up a design shop!

Dance - Costa Rica! How lucky! That should be such a wonderful trip! You'll have to post some pictures once you get back!

Hope everybody is having a wonderful Thursday and staying on plan!

I was 50 calories short yesterday according to my GoWear Fit, which was a bit sad, but that is so darn close I can't beat myself up for that. I'm trying to burn 3000 calories a day and eat 1600 calories. I should lose 2-3lbs a week that way meaning I'll lose most of the weight before going wedding dress shopping in August & September! Yay!

I just realized I use "!" way too much!
RockyMtnGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning girls! Couldn't fall asleep last night until 3am so I'm a bit of a wreck today. Granite countertops come today and of course I'm having my girlfriends over for pizza and salad tonight to see how the kitchen turned out so it will be a LOOOONG day, oh well.

So cool that this board has been around for a year. I've only been around since May but can't imagine having made progress without you all. I was just reading the latest oprah mag last night (during my bout with insomnia) and there was a whole article on how people do better at doing things like losing weight when they're part of a group with different strengths, not people just like themselves. Some people are quick starters, throw themselves into dramatic things with gusto (Lindy??!!??), others plug along and stick to a plan, others analyze too much, etc.... Anyway, it made me think of the power of this group and what everyone's individual roles are - check it out if you get a chance.

Staccie - if you keep up the good habits, you WILL see a result on Sunday - you can do this!

burgundy - fingers and toes crossed for you!!

neesy - thanks for the post reminding us about this thread - so glad you guys were around to create it!

aj - it's going to be tough with the lack of sleep and busy-ness but I'm shooting for 3 miles today - wanna join me?

Last edited by dancerindenver; 12-17-2009 at 01:38 PM.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #185  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Dance- Im going to pick up this months mag to read that article, its sounds really interesting and accurate to our forum because man oh man are we a diverse group of woman (which is what I love about everyone) Are you able to take pics of the kitchen and post them here (or post them on FB)? I would love to see the renovation, I love stuff like that.

Rocky- your right, dont beat yourself up too much about the calorie thing, we all have our days, you sound like you have great drive--so you will be steadily tracking along. What type of exercise routine are you doing?

Stacie- oh how I have missed your animated stories. I seriously think you should look into being a vet doctor or dog whisperer or something, lol...because animals/rodents seem to flock to you like bees on honey, lol. Sorry about the hangover thing, Ive been there. I remember the last hangover I had, I didnt want my mom to know I had a hangover so I tried to suck it up and go to breakfast with her the next morning and my head nearly fell into my plate and made it home just in time to toss it all back up, lol...I know TMI. Anyway, you made it and its a new day. How are you feeling today?

Burgundy- oh no, really...not eating? Is she losing weight or has she actually gained it back x2? No, I didnt do the 30DS, I had to run errands last night bc Gabriella failed to give me a paper that had a list of arts and craft items that she needed to bring for school today, so her teacher send a "reminder" note, so I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. **sigh**, oh well. I did get my 2 miles in, so thats what matters. As long as I am doing SOMETHING, thats what matters. If you do end up going back to the 30DS I would love to be your buddy this time around.

AJ- I had no clue you were doing a painting!!! VERY COOL!!! I have always wanted to get into painting, I used to do it when I was younger but just make up excuses. Anyway, I agree with Dance, what a great escape/detourant for you--awesome! Make sure you take a pic and share with us your final product.

Neesy- one year! Insane! You were the original "founding father"-haha, and are still going strong, good for you. So technically, if it wasnt for you...we wouldnt have all met each other, technically...so THANK YOU! Your doing a great job, heres to a new year where we all MEET our goals.

Ok, skipped the gym again today...ahhhh, what is going on with me?! I did get my 2 miles in though. Tonight I have to cook for our work Christmas party tomorrow, so I know I wont have time. Besides, I have been getting some crappy sleep lately. Staying up late...ugh! Not too much else to report on, doing well with food. I donated blood this morning so I did indulge in a cranberry juice and it was sooooo good. Tomorrow is the Christmas party so my butt better make it to the gym, no excuses. Feels good to be back.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #186  

Staccie-turkey chili, yum. I should make that for everyone in AL. Good luck at the next christmas party.

Rocky-your plan sounds amazing. You will be able to buy a smoking hot wedding dress. You know when the time comes we will all want to see pictures.

Dance-I am having some friends and family over tonight too for pizza. I think I am gonna have a salad instead. Would love to see your kitchen when its all done. Thanks for the info on the article, gonna check it out.

Lindy-If I do 30ds it wont be until sometime in January so I'll let you know.

THANKS to everyone that had their fingers, toes and anything else crossed for me today. I finally made it to 200.6 this morning. YAY!!!!!!!!!! Gonna really watch my calories the next few days and exercise exercise exercise. I have 5 days to lose this one lb so I can do it. I need to get up and workout, then go tan, get a few things for tonight and come home and make sure my house is all clean.

Now everyone can keep their fingers crossed again that I make it to 199 by Sunday.

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 01-14-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #187  

Lindy, I've been working on getting up to 90min cardio 6x a week, so I started at 35min cardio, and have been adding 5min a week as I get into things since I'm way out of shape! So I am at 45min cardio 6x a week right now... I do a variety of things... go on power walks with the dog, go to our apartment's gym and do the elliptical, or if it is a rough day I strap on some wrist weights and do some aerobics while watching tv... I also am doing some weights at the gym about once or twice a week, but I'd like to bump that up to three or four times a week.

I'm thinking of trying to throw in 20 minutes yoga in the morning too... anybody have a good beginner video for yoga for a chubby girl ???
Old 12-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #188  

burgundy - woohoo - that's great news! You are going to kill the next five days, I just know it. I'm making a big giant salad to have along with the pizza tonight with tons of veggies so that I can fill up on that and just have a little slice of pizza. I'm not serving dessert at all - do you think that's too weird?

rocky - your exercise plan sounds great! All that cardio just melts away the pounds!

lindy - ok, you've said in public that you're going to the gym tomorrow. Don't think we'll just forget and not check up to see that you went! Curious to hear your reactions if you do read the article the next time you're at the supermarket or whatever. It basically said something like most people hang out with others of a similar type so their groups of friends can't always help them - I think that's what makes this forum so interesting - definitely not a lot of similarity! But like you said, in a good way
Old 12-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #189  

Being super good today and having a salad with just romaine lettuce, grilled chicken (on the foreman grill, just chili powder seasoning) and LOTS of grape tomatoes with just a little fat free ranch! Woohoo! Plus I made some extra for dinner but I'm splurging and throwing in a few black olives (my favorite!) and some corn... Then I always make a PB&J sandwich for the fiance since salads never fill him up...
Old 12-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #190  

rocky - your salad sounds great!
Old 12-17-2009, 04:38 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 209/149/140

Sorry it's been so long and I've been mia girls. Things have been crazy busy around here, and still trying to keep to a good workout schedule. Only lost .8 lbs last week... TOM. But this week shall be better! Off to the gym I go... talk to you ladies later!
hopefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #192  

Dance-on the dessert, not weird at all. Im not serving one either. If its not here I cant eat it. Still gotta get my workout in today. Have fun tonight.

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 12-17-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #193  

got my run in so I'm good for today.

burgundy - thanks for making me feel better about the dessertlessness : )

hopefalls - nice to see you - have a good workout!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 161.2/161.2/130.0

Height: 5f3

Wink

hi girls wats up still cant seem to make it here when u gays r on lol DANCE - O, and like it lol im still gettin used to it

Last edited by Kitty13; 12-17-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Kitty13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:45 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Its been a terrible food day. Honestly... its been a pretty bad day all around. I have a tooth problem and have a dentist apt in the am. Hoping to get some numby stuff.

I miss you all. Kinda quiet around here. Have a great one.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote