Old 01-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 250/SeeTracker/150

Height: 5'2''

Good Morning!
Down to 237! Woohoo! 12lbs more to go this month!
Did NOT do yoga this morning... lol, just not me... I'm thinking maybe a 10 minute pilates video or something... or anybody else recommend a workout for the morning that wont get me too sweaty and only lasts 10-15min? Just something to help get the blood pumping and me waking up... then maybe I'll get used to the morning work out and be able to do two full workouts a day... I just shower at night, so I don't want to be all sweaty and icky for work...

Staccie- that is insane about FB and the profile that isn't you... my friend had that happen on myspace, and one of the guys tracked down her real account and then hacked into her computer and got her cell phone number... it was a huge mess! So definitely keep an eye on things... it probably isn't anything, but never underestimate the creepy guys online...
RockyMtnGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #317  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!

It is great to be back with you guys.

AJ - good job on the eating. I had to laugh about your comment about running from the nature noises if they were a reality. I would be 5 steps ahead of you on that one.

MaddiesMom - I feel so bad for you about your back. But I am amazed at your perserverence and commitment to being healthy. You should be so proud of yourself. I am glad that Maddie seemed to do well at that the new place, it eases your pain when they are happy. This was a particulary emotional Christmas for me as it is our last before our son graduates from college and moves to California to join his brother. I guess it never gets any easier to leave them.

Staccie - that certainly is creepy with someone else using your image. I hope your mood improves and your headache too. I am in the same boat today but it is not due to diet just irritating situations and excessively cold weather causing my headache.

Lindy - you ARE a rockstar! Good job on the 2 miles.

RockyMtn - I wanted to do the morning workout this morning too but I didn't have a good night so I stayed in bed too long this morning. I don't mind yoga but I don't do it regularly enough so I feel confused on the actual poses to feel like I am getting my best workout as I strain to see what they are doing on the television.

I did really well yesterday on food and water intake but I did something totally stupid when I went to exercise. Because the dog had a fifteen pound weight gain in four months over the winter two years ago I really felt that I can't ignore him just because the weather is cold. Therefore I decided that I would walk two miles outside in single digit temperatures.

So I bundled up in many layers up top but only had on a single layer of cotton sweats on my bottom. We were only out about 15 minutes when I noticed that my upper legs were numb. By the time I realized that this was a big problem I was already on the return part of the walk so there was no way to end the walk early. Anyway when we got inside my legs were tingling immediately and totally red.

I made the decision though that this situation is not going to deter me and that I would make the investment in some proper layering for my body. I called hubby who was on his way home, he picked me up and we went straight to an outdoor performance store in our area. I came out with great under layering bottoms, new gloves (my pinky was cold on the walk too but I need slimmer gloves for manuevering the leash and poop bags), a new neck gator (with holes for my breath to let out the moisture but will still protect my cheeks - I have roscea) and a new head band with more ear coverage (I get those previously mentioned sinus headaches when my forehead is exposed to the cold). Plus some good advice/reminders about layering, moisture wicking, etc. and doing away with any cotton if possible.

So now I am actually looking forward to taking the Abominal Snowman out for his walk today even though it is supposed to be even colder than yesterday.

This morning I found a note on the refrigerator that my son left yesterday when he went back to school even though he stopped by work to hug me goodbye. Besides apologizing for being obnoxious the night before with his friends he left us a picture of the four of us taken three years ago and told us how much fun he has being with us and how much he will miss us when he moves. (Sniff)
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #318  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Stacie- I saw your Facebook post and that is so creepy and an eye opener. Can you imagine what she may be saying or doing as your alias? It was a rude awakening that maybe I should put all my info private--I hope you work things out. So, did you make it to the gym? The fac that you have had so much self dicipline to eliminate white carbs is AMAZING. Im trying the same thing but Im finding Im stocking up on ezekial bread, which in too much quantity is not good...geez. You go go girl-your killing it lately and Im super proud of you!

AJ- your banana dish sounds yummy, I started drooling in my mouth a little bit when I read it, lol. Soooo...your have to PM me through Yahoo and let me know how last night went **snickers**(you know what I mean)

Rocky- wow, your so on point with plan, great job. Is your goal 12 pounds this month? Thats an impressive goal if so. As far as workouts go, do you have a Wii? If not, down the road you might want to make that a "reward" gift. We have a Wii Fit and its AMAZING. On dates I just dont have the mojo to do the gym, Ill hop on that. Its fun, gets your body moving and isnt "too much", my two favorite workouts actually come with the Wii Fit, its hula hooping and stair aerobics, they are fun. Also, if you are looking for something more intense, the Jillian Michaels 30DS is intense! It sucks but in a good way.

Maddiesmom- so, I have a question for you, with it being as cold as it is there---do you see membership attendance drop? I ask because we've been in the 30's every morning (I know...its nothing for you northerners, lol) but the gym attendance is slim to none. Just curious. Anyway-good job for making it out there and I like your thought process on the whole...1f to cookie ratio, lol...so not worth it.

As for me, I made it to the gym today and did a 45minute spin class. Then I got home and did my 2 miles. Food wise, not too shabby--2 pieces of ezekial bread with organic peanut butter, and an apple. I also have chicken to snack on and carrots and I might do a subway sandwich for lunch, not sure...that might kill my no white carbs, ugh...the challenges..the challenges. Ill check in later.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #319  

Popcorn- just saw your post, that is so cute about your son...what a sweetheart! Now...layering, lol...OMG I look ridiculous when I go running, I almost resemble the state puff marshmellow man with my arms sticking out like a giner breadman and barely able to move. I did the same thing with layering yesterday...I bundled up my upper body but not my lower, now...its not as cold here as it is there so it was berable but just barely for this Florida tanning girl, lol. Ya know what I find works...like a fleece type pants with wind breaker pants (with lining) over them, Im toasty warm in that.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #320  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

So cute all you girls so cold...sorry I had to say it. It's cold when it's like -40 out! That is where I am moving back to this year - I'm crazy! On a serious note though it's important to have the right outdoor apparell - both for comfort and keeping care of your body so good on you!

I made it to the gym, no change in my weight so I was kind of bummed but I know the scale is just an a**hole. I still worked hard and did a spin class. I didn't sleep well last night and I think my mood is slightly improved today. I have a long day today but that's ok - I can plow through it I'm a Taurus after all!

Lindy - high five for the workout!!! Thanks for the proud comment, that makes me feel good. I'm proud too, I'm on day 9 and I'm not sure I have ever eat this clean for this long before so it proves that I can do it. I just need to ensure that I don't have any derailers (like drinking or eating something bad). I need to keep this as long as I can (well I'm adding in some oatmeal or Special K and a fruit next week) because it's about changing habits and my lifestyle and not about a diet. I want to have success like you! You've done so awesome!

Popcorn - aww about your son! I always try and do things like that for my mom too, the little things they always mean so much don't they? And hooray on the eating and workout (and going to get good clothes) - if we invest all this time on exercise and eating healthy, we should do it right!

Rocky - woo hoo on 237!!! That's awesome. Sorry I can't recommend anything not sweaty - I wish I could work out at night too so I could have a shower and not have to fiddle around in the morning. Are you look for something more to promote stretching and flexibility? Cause if you're not sweating, it's probably not that much of a workout? I bet the girls have some suggestions though!!

Well I have to get to work...deep breath to have patience today!! Hopefully I can check in at lunch!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #321  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Staccie: Great job on making it to the gym. I agree, 30 is nothing...that's a heat wave considering what us Northerners have to deal with. I told the hubby I wanted to move somewhere warmer, and we both know that will never happen.

Lindy: Way to go on the workout! You are rocking it, a spin class AND 2 miles? Wow! I'm impressed. As for the gym...yep I do notice that it is a little lighter when it's colder, but it's in a central location, so I think people just force themselves to go after work, unlike me who goes at 8 p.m. What can ya do?

Well, I got my info from the doctor. He said that I don't have to stop working out, which I was surprised, but since I want to continue to work out, it's a good thing! HEre's what he said: since I've done the whole physical therapy and medication routes, that now I have to have an epidural spinal injection. So, basically, they are going to numb my back and give me a shot of anti-inflamatory medication directly in my spine. That's just to help me cope with the pain so I can do physical therapy 3 times a week for a month. After that time, we'll have to re-evaluate. He started talking about spine fusion, and I didn't want to talk about it until it came to that point. Spine fusion could work, but the doc said that there's no guarantees with that either, so spectacular! So, I have to go for the epidural next Friday...the pain in the butt part...it's my b-day! Oh well. If I can spend part of my day pain free, it's worth it.

Anyhoo..back to work. Foodwise I've been good. Granola bar and water for breakfast, grilled chicken sand on wheat bun and side salad and iced tea for lunch. Small dinner and off to the gym! Lucky me!

Have a great day!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #322  

Lindy: My goal is 15lbs in January, and I've already lost 3lbs this month since I went back up to 240 with the holidays... So 225 by Feb.1st! We have a Wii, but not the WiiFit, but I definitely want one My mom does a WiiFit workout for 20-30 minutes every morning...

Staccie: I do my hard work out in the evenings, so in the morning I'd like something that gets me moving a little, maybe helps with toning and stretching...

Anybody try the Walk Away the Pounds videos? I'm debating on if they're worth the price... if so, any suggestions on which ones?
Old 01-05-2010, 03:25 PM   #323  
aka Vicky

Small victory...

So, I really, I mean REALLY wanted some chocolate. I had the money in the vending machine to get a Twix...man that still sounds good. Then I thought...ok, you just spent $1K...and I hit the money return and went to the cafeteria for some baked chips and some water.

How is everyone else doing today?
Old 01-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #324  

MaddiesMom: Yay! That is FANTASTIC!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #325  

Rocly- great goal...I like the fact that you set such a high goal for yourself, thats awesome and I know you can do it!! You go girl!

Maddies- woot-woot, heres to will power! I have NEVER been able to do that, its like, ok...I did the walk of shame to the vending machine, I guess Ill just get it, even with hesitation--so kudos to you. Are you nervous about the spinal injection? I had epideral for Gabriella and my back was never the same, I know thats not the case with everyone but I get the occassional back spasm and read up on it and some doctors have said it comes from that, idk...not trying to scare you, sorry. Im sure anything is better than what your enduring now. Is it possible that the weather causes it to be worst than what it might normally be if it wasnt cold? I know..silly question, just wondering if anything like that has been said.

Stacie - do you use a removable padded cushion for spin class? I know you said that it hurts your arse, lol...I noticed in my spin class today that a lot of girls had those gel type seat cushions that you put on regular bikes...not a bad idea.

Did good with food today, I have came to the conclusion that I NEED to bring snacks and food with me to munch on everyday otherwise I will cheat. Today I did just that and did not detour at all, yesterday I had a couple hand fulls of cheez its, today...NOTHING...BOO-YAH!!! Haha. Ill talk to you girls tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #326  
Portion Control

MaddiesMom - good job on the vending machine. I would have totally caved. That is tough about your back - hopefully the shots will relieve you of the some pain. You have a great attitude.

Lindy - I stock the refrigerator at work with my healthy snacks for the week. Of course today I forgot to eat a morning or an afternoon snack - what a dumba** move on my part. Sounds like you did good today.

Rocky - that is an impressive mini goal. We will be cheering you on the whole month.

Staccie - good attitude on working out and the weight loss.

I did my outdoor walk with all my gear and it was a lot more comfortable today. Only the dark kept me from going farther as I wanted to cram in some agility training with the dog. I didn't work with him the whole month of December. I can tell that he is much more charged with his activity the last two days.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #327  
aka Vicky

Lindy: I'm not scared of the spinal injection, as I had a c-section with Madeline. Of course these are different circumstances. I am more worried and scared about what to do if this doesn't work. I'm trying not to think about it, but if I don't, I'll be completely blindsided if it happens down the road. I think what's causing it to be so bad is the herniated disc that is in the same spot as my degenerative disc disease. I guess herniated discs is quite common with something like that. The down side is that the spine fusion wouldn't necessarily work either. I guess they are known to fail. So, the fact that I want to have another baby, lose weight, etc. could be harder on my back, so I'm praying the epidural will work.

Lindy: congrats on your workout. I totally was going to flake out tonight, but we're supposed to get a ton of snow in the next couple of days, so I'm forcing myself to go even tho it's already almost 8.

Where is everyone? AJ, I miss you! Burgundy? Neesy?
Old 01-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #328  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi everyone!

Well I made it through today...barely. I felt so tired and moody. I'm convinced it's because I'm not getting enough carbs (headaches too), so after 10 days I am incorporting a healthy starch and fruit into my diet. Hopefully this helps. Feeling like this to lose an extra few pounds outside of what I already know I can do is not worth it! It's 8PM, I have another few hours of work to do and I just can't. I experienced some cravings too that I attribute to the headache and feeling tired. However I have never gone 10 days without chocolate before and I don't miss it - strange. I don't miss anything other than oatmeal and Special K I find - bread is just a filler and a lazy way of eating for me most times so I'm trying to stray away from it. I know there is really nutritious bread out there too though!

So...I'm going to bed. Work is just going to have to wait!

Lindy - huge high five on the good choice today, do you like seeds/nuts? I have some and keep them around for a crunch healthy snack - I make my own trail mix. Yeah my arse doesn't like that seat!! I might look into that cushion as spinning is really good for me, it allows me to spin out my 'stress demons' as I call them. I'm in my whole little world. This morning I chose to sit in the front so that pushed me to work harder cause people were behind me. I always sit in the back...it worked even though I was self conscious of my butt in people's face!!

Vicky - congrats on the choices! And I hope everything will work out with your back...so happy for you that you're still working out and making it through your life with that pain..that says a lot about your character, attitude and commitment!!! And I hear you have a lot of snow coming your way...good luck with that!!! I miss snow just not the cold (or driving in it!)

Rocky - you can reach that goal!!! I've based mine on clothes and not the scale since the bugger doesn't move on a regular basis. Got to fit into my Olympic outfit by the end of the month. I'd like to lose at least 15 too but ultimately if I fit into those pants comfortably - I'm good. I can already tell i my face, arms and waist (but I need it in the hips!!!)

Popcorn - I wish I had a dog to walk with!! Take advantage of it And glad the outdoor wear is awesome for you!!!

Well I'm heading to bed, my head is pounding. Hi to the other girls that haven't checked in - hope you're having skinny days too!!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:47 PM   #329  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Hi Staccie lady!! =)

I had an okay day. Lindy got me to go to the gym when I started to eat some shady food. I found that 45 min goes really fast when I am talking to my brother in the phone, listening to polices scanners during rush hour (fun stuff) and playing bejeweled on the ipod. All of that and 45 min were gone like poof!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #330  

AJ- woot-woot for making it to the gym, see....its not so bad. Good job chickadee!

Stacie- it was only a matter of time before you got headaches, I kinda knew it was coming. That happened when I gave up soda, the no caffeine gave me the most horendous headaches, fortunately it surpasses. I think gradually incorporating good carbs into your diet will help and eventually, you would have had to anyway...ya know. Your doing everything so perfect these days. OH and about being in the front of spinning class, lol..you will NEVER see me in front of the class, even if Im a skinny minnie.

Maddiesmom- yay-yay for making it to the gym on another day, simply amazing. I came close to banging out today and not going and then I said to myself...what would Vicky do, lol (WWVD)-and I was off!

Popcorn - my dog is the complete opposite, getting him to run with me is slim to none and its not even that cold, lol....damn Floridian dog.

Ok...g2g go to dentist..having issues. TTYL!

Where is Dance?