Old 12-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #271  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Well, I am down the 1/2 pound I gained over Christmas, so yea me! I had the trainer last night and did another circuit barbell workout doing lifts, dead lifts, squats etc. Then he had me on the stationary bike for 20 minutes, increasing the resistance as I went. So, this morning I am sore! My legs are not used to squats, so I gotta get back into my workout routine.

Rocky: Don't let one bad day derail you! Get back on track! We're here for you. Did you eat because it's TOM and you were craving, or were you hungry for something? Just curious.

As for the boob issue...it's strange, I have lost 55 pounds, but my "girls" are the same size they were when I started. Of course, breastfeeding does a whole other thing to them, so they aren't what they used to be. My biggest fear is the extra skin on my stomach. I actually spoke with the hubby about this and he said that after we have all of our kids and the weight is off, he has no problem with me spending the money on a tummy tuck. He feels that if I've done everything and the skin doesn't go back to where it was, and I would feel more confident with a tummy tuck...go for it. Of course, I would also love to get rid of the granny flab on my arms! Maybe I can get a two-for-one deal?!?? LOL

Dance: Your meal sounds yummy! Grilled veggies are always a good choice: asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms. Just an idea. Have fun at dinner! I'll be staying home with the hubby and baby!

Forgot to tell you all...saw the hubby's family on Christmas and I was running to my car for something and his aunt said "vicky I didn't recognize you when you went to the car...you're so thin!" That made my day. It's the little compliments that make all the difference sometimes.

Have a great day ladies!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:43 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

maddiesmom - great idea on grilled veggies - thanks! I'm so happy for you with the compliments from your in-laws - that must feel great!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:06 PM   #273  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Stacie- OMG...reading your dinner last night had my mouth salivating...yummy! Did you follow through with your workout? I am amazed that I have gone to the gym every night this week and really pushed myself hard. Still staying in tomorrow night?

Dance- ugh, your so lucky...they banned mini fridges at my work (dont ask, lol), it was easy when we were able to keep things within close distance. Your NYE dinner sounds great, Im sure it will go over great and keep you in range.

Maddiesmom- yay for losing it girl, see...we just needed to get through the holidays and were good to go now. Congrats on the compliments, that always keeps me motivated. I dont hear compliments anymore (as I shouldnt, I havent lost much more since Oct./Nov. but still, its good motivation.

AJ- cant wait to see the hair, youll have to get on yahoo tonight. OH and I couldnt agree more, Dance is gorgeous!!! I love her hair, lol.

Rocky- your post about the boobs made me giggle, lol. I had a friend who went for a lift and the doctor actually told her that they discourage that these days and prefer implants, now naturally...Im sure that is because it cost more, lol...who knows. I just thought that was kinda weird. Anyway...if your BF knew what was good for him, yeah...I wouldnt say anything either, hee-hee.

Ok, so I went off the diet a little bit today, I went and had pasta at Olive Garden but didnt make it a domino affect and I plan on doing 2 hours at the gym again, so we'll see. Not too much else to report on. TTYL!
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #274  

lindy - you're my hero - 2 hours at the gym is just a ton - wow! I'm trying to convince my bf that we need to go for a hike or snowshoe or something on new year's day as I feel like an exercise wimp lately.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

bad comp cam photo but its all I can do until I get home!! =)

Rocky- Its okay. We all do it during that time and so forgive your self and move on!! Dance and I talked about that yesterday! Not turning a snowball into an avalanche.

Vicky- I am so impressed by you 55! Its such a huge number to say outloud!!

Lindy & Dance- Dance you have the most beautiful hair I have ever seen! I would give one of my girls. lol =) <3

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2323/photo11lh.jpg

Last edited by ajowens; 12-30-2009 at 04:35 PM.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #276  

aj - wow, I love it! That's a big change in less than 24 hours!! Are there lighter, caramel streaks in with the dark? It was hard to tell in the picture.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:21 PM   #277  

So I went to my weight loss place today for the first time since leaving in Sept. Not only did they love my hair but they didn't chew my butt out and make me feel terrible for being up 10lbs!! (10lbs OMG) So here is the plan.

Meat, 1 orange and Veggies for 2 days. (Restart your metabolism)
Then I am going to document every thing here. I mean if I breath the steam off of Daveys food I will document it. Its good for me =)

Then my NY's resolutions are:
1. Walk 4 hours a week and workout 3 times a week minimum.
2. No more soda at all. Have you ever noticed that really fat people are always drinking diet soda.... it isn't good either so I need to be done. Tea and lemonade when I am out!
3. And my third one is to be less *****y and demanding. I try to control every thing. I am done with that!!

Dance- Thank you. Yes it has lighter colors init to give it depth. Other wise it looks black at night. How was your day??

Lindy- I am working on getting on Yahoo! I just cleaned for 3 hours though so I bet I look wonderful =)

Rocky- How did you do with the rest of your day???

Anybody feel like catching me up on the last ohhhh 8 pages. lol. Where is staccie?
Old 12-31-2009, 04:20 AM   #278  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi all. Didn't get a chance to check in today but I figured out how to get this on my bb now so that is great. I had a good day, busy and I slept in. The teeth grinding at night is a problem. I missed the gym but heading out tomorrow. Eating is good. Aj I love that hair color on you and your plan sounds great, you will rock it! Dance I'm envious of your fridge! I will check in tomorrow and comment on the other posts, it too hard to read that much on my phone. But sounds like everyone is doing pretty good other than that arse tom! Well it 130 am so I'd better get to sleep. Still no plans tomorrow night other than watching a movie and doing some cooking! Maybe next year! Ttyl
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:53 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 250/SeeTracker/150

Height: 5'2''

Good Morning Ladies!

MaddiesMom: During my TOM I crave sweets and greasy food... plus I'm just dealing with feeling bad both physically and I turn into an emotional mess... so I don't want to have to cook anything (which normally I love to do) and it is the time where I go into the self esteem black hole of "I'm never going to lose weight" "I can't do this" etc...

AJ: I love that... "don't turn a snowball an avalanche" So True!!!

So yesterday I ran to the store and got lots of veggies that I'm cutting up today (have the day off for NYE, yay) and putting into quick to grab baggies, and then I got some healthy (besides for the ridiculous amounts of sodium) steam in bag meals that we can throw in the microwave when nobody feels like cooking or we don't get in til 8 or 9pm and are STARVING, which is when we typically just grab fast food on the way home. I also have my fiance on board with trying a new veggie every week since our veggies are just green beans, broccoli, and I'll eat carrots (he wont)... and corn, but that isnt a great veggie... so every week I'll pick a random veggie and try a couple new healthy recipes with it to see if we can add more veggies to our list for variety. This week is Zucchini! Tonight we're trying using a veggie peeler to make thin slices of zucchini and then serve it like pasta... Anybody else know good ways to use zucchini...

Oh and on an icky note I am going back to my old diet habit of egg whites for protein. I did the 6-Week-Body-Makeover three years ago and lost 40lbs and it involves getting protein 6 times a day, so to save money and be quick I'd just take shots of egg whites (the ones in the carton that are pasteurized) since I don't like the taste of eggs it was easier to take shots of them and barely taste them... low in calories, high in protein... so I got a carton yesterday and the fiance just said "oh no, that again?"
RockyMtnGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:01 AM   #280  

Morning, girls! My bf was wide awake at 4am this morning so I got up with him to have coffee and stuff and stumbled back to bed a while later so now I'm all groggy and out of it. I have a bunch of office stuff to crank out this morning to meet the last bit of my yearend deadline but it's nothing super hard, just tedious. Then I'm headed to costco to pick up some things for our impromptu dinner/game night tonight.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:25 PM   #281  

rocky - wow, the egg white diet sounds kind of grim to me - I admire your will power in giving that a shot. We love thinly sliced zucchini and chopped onion sauteed until it's almost carmelized (brownish) - almost tastes sweet. Yum! If you get sick of that, sauteed zucchini and onion with some tomato sauce (straight from the can) and topped with low fat grated cheddar sometimes helps me when I'm craving pasta and it's pretty healthy and satisfying. Good luck with your cooking experiments and let us know how it goes!
Old 12-31-2009, 02:32 PM   #282  

S/C/G: 250/SeeTracker/150

Height: 5'2''

So we have Netflix Streaming on our media center (our main tv runs through a PC so we have cable, netflix, all our movies on our there, pictures, music, recorded tv shows, etc... it is awesome) and there are very few exercise videos on Netflix Streaming but I found all those Crunch videos from a few years ago... so I just did the Fat Burning Dance Party... and I have discovered I cannot dance! It was hysterical trying to follow along! Whew!
RockyMtnGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:26 PM   #283  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Happy New Year everyone. I bet this year is going to bring lots of skinny, happy and healthy chicks!!

RockyMtn - I am a lover of protein and that's what I am doing right now, South beach like but I don't call it a diet. I have just eliminated all bread, pasta, rice starchy carbs basically and I am on day ah - 5 or 6 I think. I eat a lot of protein with veggies - and it can get expensive so I eat egg whites too - they are good with salsa! But I like eggs so I guess that makes a difference. What about protein shakes too? Good luck, it sounds like you had good success with that before. And if you can find a way to implement some of that in a forever long plan that's even better!

Dance - have fun at your party tonight!! Hope you were able to crank through everything today!

Lindy are you partying like a rockstar tonight?

Well I am going to head downstairs for a swim, sauna and hot tub. I had a good workout today but I did too much cardio to start off with and then I couldn't do as much weights as I wanted to. I should know better, only 20 min cardio to start so I don't burn out so quick.

Hope you all have a good night whatever you are doing!!

S
Old 12-31-2009, 11:59 PM   #284  

Love you girls!!! Happy new years!!

Home safe. Hope you all make it home safe as well!!

*next day*

Wow slow... people must be sleeping off their drinks??

I am off to the store to buy healthy food. We have an empty fridge so it makes it easy =)

Last edited by ajowens; 01-01-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #285  
Brown Eyed Staccie

2010...oh my!

AJ - glad you made it home safe...hope the drive wasn't too icy. I just booked a u haul to move back to Edmonton and I'm scared to death to drive that thing through the mountains but I can do it

Any crazy stories from last night girls?

I'm at the office cleaning out my desk and listening to Courtney Love (my angry girl, needs to kick butt kind of music We move to venue soon. I'm going to the gym here at work since my other one is closed and I'm on a role and I don't want to stop now!

What are your plans for this weekend to bring in 2010? I'm working...story of my life up until March 22 (that is my last day). Then I am resting for a bit, moving back to Edmonton, getting set up and then taking a 2 week vacation to a tropical place (last min deal). I start my new job on April 19th. It seems kind of soon but since it's really not that 'new' I'm not too worried. I am anxous to start my new life, I feel like I have been in limbo since I heard I was coming here in Sept 07. That's a long time to be in limbo!

Well I hope you are all having a good day and/or recovering. I am going to run off my getting smaller arse in the gym

PS - I am down 6 since last week - some was TOM and salt but hey I'm taking it and I am not gaining this weight back, I feel determined and motivated like I haven't been in forever and I think it's because of the pressure of fitting into that damn Olympic uniform - hey whatever it takes!! I guess it helps when you cut all starchy carbs out of your diet. I have not eaten any type of bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, crackers (anything with flour) in almost a week. And it's not too bad. Lots of protein, veggies and laughing cow cheese And I feel great!