Old 08-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 237/228/192

Height: 5'11-15/16"

Free lunch today was a dangerous temptation. I ate lots but kept it to fruits and veggies for the most part. I did have a seafood wrap.

It's always the free food with me.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Oh yeah! I still have a way to go, but I'm still gonna celebrate with a lovely tat.
I've been designing my Ultimate goal tat lately too! I'm glad I'm not the only one that's planning on decorating her skin when we finally hit our goal!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Well I had a small victory last night. I met up with some friends at a pub, and while they went through pitcher after pitcher of beer and plate after plate of appies, I stuck to my one margarita and the good conversation! I had eaten a good dinner before going out, which kept me away from the pub food. Woo hoo!

It's supposed to be hot today, up to 33C, so I've planned a nice walk on the beach with a friend tonight. Have to take advantage of the last few weeks of good summer weather!

Jaime - Congrats on the 180s girl!

Rhonda - Sounds like some exciting, healthy changes are going on at your house! A big welcome to your husband too - I'm glad he'll be joining the challenge!

Shay - thanks for the healthy dinners. They all sound tasty! We've been experimenting with making our own turkey burgers lately - so far my favourites are the "Turk du Soliel" ones from "Eat Shrink and Be Merry". They're sort of Thai-inspired, very yummy.

No one else has healthy dinner suggestions for me??

Last edited by practiceliving; 08-14-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:41 PM   #154  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Shay - for you! GO JAMES BLAKE!!! (Sorry Roger.)http://www.nbcolympics.com/tennis/ph...id=213701.html
Old 08-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #155  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
Shay - for you! GO JAMES BLAKE!!! (Sorry Roger.)http://www.nbcolympics.com/tennis/ph...id=213701.html

For a man who has NEVER betten Federer in 8 matches playes, and lost 22 sets to him ... he picked a GREAT time to win.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #156  
One life, live it well

Marianne - my fav turkey burger recipe is this one: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spinach...rs/Detail.aspx I use lean turkey meat and use fresh spinach - drained real well. And it's not 10 oz either.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #157  
One life, live it well

I agree - he's not been that great in the past few years...but great timing now!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #158  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Wow - we are certainly a chatty bunch!! But that's a good thing. Went to the baseball game last night where they had free hot dogs and peanuts until the 7th inning. I had planned on packing my own food but left it sitting on the counter when we left. So I caved and ate 2 hot dogs. Guess it could have been worse. DBF ate 7 hot dogs and numerous cups of peanuts. He said he felt a little bloated today. Gee - ya think!!??

I too am having a hard time keeping my head in this while waiting for the next challenge to start. I'm trying but some days it's harder than others. I'd like to be able to not get on the scale between challenges but I'm a scale junkie. I'm on it every morning. Oh well. Guess it could be worse.

I'm going to a friend's house on Sunday afternoon. There are about 15 of us that went through grade school and high school together and we try to get together every few months or so. I'm going to eat something at home before I go over. Hopefully that will help me control myself!! Other than that not much new with me.

Have a good day. I'll be back either later or tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:28 PM   #159  

Height: 5'7"

Shay - healthy dinners: black bean and butternut squash tacos; meatless sloppy joes; cabbage and white bean rolls; combinations of beans and rice (my favorite has mango and cayenne); quinoa and mixed veg tossed in lemon juice and EVOO; chana masala; pasta w/home made tomato sauce or pesto...

If anything sounds tasty I have good recipes for all of these Just let me know!

Laurie - 7 hot dogs?!?! I am not sure I could do that even pre-healthy eating habits! I am actually kind of impressed! Horrified, but impressed!

Marianne - Awesome job at the pub. Pub food for me has always been notoriously difficult to avoid, when I've got a pint of beer in front of me the various fried items wind up in my mouth before I know it... So way to go!

Enygirl - What are you planning on getting as your goal tattoo? Mine is going to be a continuation of my Onederland tattoo. I can't wait

Nothing new to report since last check-in, just feel like being chatty Actually we signed a lease today on a new place here in Charlottesville, which is exciting and unexpected. We were totally unprepared but the place was just so awesome we couldn't really resist signing then and there, you know? It even has a seasonal pool and a fitness room with a handful of treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, a weight machine, and a rack of free weights! Woot!

Old 08-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #160  
Laurie

Jaime - I was pretty shocked at 7. I couldn't believe he could eat that many. And trust me - they weren't that good. Oh well, better him than me I suppose. Your new place sounds awesome. Congrats!! What does your Onederland tattoo look like and what are you thinking of doing to continue it? I don't have any. Thought about it but just haven't made the plunge yet.

Last edited by chiquita623; 08-14-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #161  
One life, live it well

It's funny how far people will go with "free food"! I've BTDT myself - well, not with hot dogs. But other crap. So congrats Habaab on being strong!
Old 08-14-2008, 03:39 PM   #162  
One life, live it well

Sorry that would be Hadaad! Sorry...
Old 08-14-2008, 04:16 PM   #163  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I am working on a design for my goal tat too. Dont know if I will incorp my existing one or do a completly new one.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #164  
Laurie

So is everyone thinking of getting a "Goal Tat"? I really haven't given any thought as to how I'm going to celebrate when I get there.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #165  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

I am thinking of getting a goal tat also! I wanted something major to celebrate reaching goal. Although I'm not sure because I may find something I want to do more, I have time before I reach my goal.