Old 04-23-2008, 11:01 PM   #751  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

***thanks*** for the warm welcome, everybody! I can't wait to be part of this process. It seems like just the kick in the tush I need.

PRE CHALLENGE CHALLENGE

Name five things you are doing today to make you and/or your family healthier.

Today...
1. I got up at 6:20am (wow for me!) and did 30 minutes of stationary bike (that's a huge amount for me, and it was only done because I discovered the joy of reading while on the bike. )
2. when I went to school, I left my credit cards and debit card at home so that I couldn't eat something out of boredom during my breaks...I did spend $1.89 on some fat free yogurt though.
3. for my mental health: on my break at school, I did some schoolwork instead of reading for pleasure. It helps my anxiety a lot!
4. stuck to my eating plan and am ending the day at about 1729 cals (my goal is 1800 or less)
5. drank more water than usual, although not enough (1.5 liters for the day is what I did today)

I hope tomorrow I can drink more water and not eat out of boredom. If I am bored, I'll just come on here and read you all's posts!
Old 04-23-2008, 11:23 PM   #752  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmyerica View Post
My pre-challenge 5 list:

1. Go to the gym EVERY day and WORK IT!!
2. Increase my water intake. (I'm so bad at this)
3. Deal with feelings instead of eating them away
4. Resist eating less, when I KNOW I should eat more for all the exercise I'm doing. (NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES TO SEE A DIFFERENCE ON THE SCALE!!!)
5. Work on my TEAM skills so I can be a great team member. I plan on being a cheerleader NOT a coach.

My god, woman!! The changes in you in the last few months are amazing and beautiful. If you never lost another pound, the new person inside would still shine and bless others!
Old 04-24-2008, 03:18 AM   #753  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Wow, this thread is really taking off and the challenge hasn't even started!!! I am jazzed about being in this challenge - it gives me some accountability. I don't get much anywhere as I work for myself and only get out to church on Sunday.

As to the five things, hmm, i don't know if I have enough . . .
1) I've been drinking a lot more water
2) I've done minimally more exercise than usual
3) I've taking smaller portions or putting back some of what DH piles on
4) I've been working on an online behavior modification plan which seems to have a lot of good information for me in particular
5) I've been logging every morsel into my personal home version of Fit Day, keeping calories eaten to around 1500 - 1700, within my goal

Hmm, I did have a few things right.
I enjoyed reading so many of your posts, looking forward to getting to know more of you and wondering what team I'll be on.

I'm feelin' pretty positive here . . .

Dora
Old 04-24-2008, 08:22 AM   #754  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

PRE CHALLENGE CHALLENGE

Name five things you are doing today to make you and/or your family healthier. (UGH!)

1. Buy Bob's book to see if I can figure out why I can never keep the weight off or finish losing all of it.
2. Go outside with my DS and DH (when he is home) each evening when the weather is nice (since it is staying lighter now) and do something outside.
3. Workout at least 4 days (prefer 5, but not pushing it) and at least 50 minutes each of those days.
4. Have only 1 off plan day during the challenge (3 May - my DS 1st Communion)
5. Get my DS's summer schedule completed (less stress for me and my DH knows what days he cannot work overtime then AND my DS works better with a schedule)
Old 04-24-2008, 09:28 AM   #755  

Height: 5'7"

I started thinking about my five things yesterday when I saw this crop up. So I've been pondering. These aren't things I'll necessarily be doing today, just generally....

1) Walk for half of my lunch hour at work at least 3 times per week until the weather gets too hot. I sit in front of a computer all day in a dreary office, the sun and air and motion will not only be good for my physical health but my mental health as well.
2) Bring healthy lunches to work (I do this most days anyway but it's always something I have to focus on).
3) Forgo the dangerous snacking that happens between when I get home and when dinner's ready. I can pack in a lot of calories in that time, and I don't need to.
4) Workout at home 3x per week (working on building myself back up).
5) I need to double my water intake, it's been slacking off lately! Today I will be sure to get in at least 64 oz of water, if not more. I will also do this tomorrow. And the next day. And the next day.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:30 AM   #756  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning Challengers!!! D-Day is quickly approaching!! Anyone having a last hurrah before we get down to business? Or is everyone in full swing already?

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Old 04-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #757  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default Newbie!

Good morning guys and gals!

Hun-E-B I can't WAIT for challenge to start. And unfortunately I think I've been last hoorahing for 2 days (Is Jack Daniels diet status?) Excited to fire up and shrink this body of mine!

This thread is SCREAMING! I've been lurking a bit here and there and seems to be a fabulous group to kick some butt with! I'm pumped! I wish it was the 26th already. Can't wait to see what team I'm on!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:01 AM   #758  

Good Morning Everyone ! ! !

Hun. E. - Onederland and my 100lb loss mark are so close....no last hurrah for me. <throwing gauntlet> LET THE GAMES BEGIN !
How is your DH? Everything going well?

Purple - I hope you are having a better day.

Onthetee - Did you get that dirt moved?

Nori - RealCdn may be right about those calories.

RealCdn - Isn't it amazing how many things we learn while going through this weight loss process? Like you, I have taken this journey before and really took a hit in my overall health...this time, it's taking longer, but I feel so much better.

Laurie - CONGRATULATIONS....

beth - Woohoo...Laundry ! ! I hear ya about that last hour of the work day, you do not suffer alone.

mj5, missingmyerica, CountingDown, trooworld, Doragone, krjpy, suitejudyblueeyes - fantastic lists...I too am stoked about the challenge.

To all the newcomers...do not fear the size of this thread, jump on in here.

Diva, ArmyWife, Nixmom, and everyone else -

Last edited by YWeight; 04-24-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:08 AM   #759  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Good Morning Challengers!!! D-Day is quickly approaching!! Anyone having a last hurrah before we get down to business? Or is everyone in full swing already?

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

If I hurrah, I will have to post a weight on Saturday that embarrasses me. After I saw some scale creep early this week, I got back on it and have been doing better and seen some loss. I have a hurrah May 3 for our school fundraiser, and that is more than enough.

Off to shovel more dirt!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:23 AM   #760  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

*bounces around*

We're almost there, we're almost ready to start! Yippee!!!

*bounces out of the room*
Old 04-24-2008, 10:26 AM   #761  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Quote:
Anyone having a last hurrah before we get down to business? Or is everyone in full swing already?
No last hurrah here, I've been 100% on plan since last Weds. Of course, the week is not over and the challenge has not started. On Saturday, we are having the teenage nephew of my friend over and when he comes over, we usually cook unhealthy things because he's a picky eater and only seems to like those things. But this time, we are making pita pizzas for ourselves and buying him a bag of Chicken Nuggets! The only real "hot spot" is tomorrow night, we usually don't feel like cooking on Fridays and will probably get something out. Since Quiznos has $5 subs right now, I might check out if they have any healthy offerings but if they don't, maybe we'll go to Subway or something. I'm trying my best to stay strong and go into the competition with a good start!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #762  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Anyone having a last hurrah before we get down to business?
Well, I wasn't intending on having a hurrah, but the scales are telling me that I'm definitely having one. Please God, let this challenge begin already!!

I realized today that I have sort of an attention deficit kind of problem. I can only have one project at a time....and, it is always sort of an obsession that consumes all of my time and attention. Does that make any sense? For instance, my current project/obsession is reducing our monthly bills. I spend a lot of time on-line researching cheap ways of covering the windows, cooling the house with fans, reducing the water useage, reducing the grocery bill...etc, etc,etc. But, like all of my obsessions, I know I'll soon get bored and drop this one in midstream and move onto my next one. When losing weight is my obession, I'm 100% on-plan and motivated. Then, I get bored, move onto the next obsession, and my weight loss totally stops.

So, those of you armchair psychology majors or who really are in-the-know, what do you make of this? And, don't tell me that I'm just a bit crazy. That's a given!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 04-24-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:34 AM   #763  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

*singing* "I'm so excited.. and I just can't hide.. I know, I know I know I'm gonna like it..yeah"

No last hurrah for me! I try to stay 100% on plan and know if I let myself waver just a little bit it will become much much bigger!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #764  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

My last hurrah was yesterday, no more hurrahing for me, I'm up 2 pounds from the weight I posted as my start weight. I know it's temporary, but yuck, I don't want to see that number anymore.

Anna- Was that you on the front page of Yahoo with your candidate? They had a bunch of photos from Indy.

Chellez - Volume 1 is in the mail! Finally. Sorry about the wait.

Melissa - How's your DH doing?

I didn't track down a copy of Bob's book yesterday, so that's on the agenda for today. I've also made out a menu and grocery list, so maybe I'll get to the store. I just need to go back and plan the menu day-to-day to figure my macronutrients. I was trying harder on the budget than the diet, so I figured out 12 dishes that we like that are budget friendly, and then figured out how cheap they were per serving. They seem to be higher in complex carbs like beans and whole grains, and a little low in protein, so I may have to tweak the menu some.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #765  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Anyone having a last hurrah before we get down to business? Or is everyone in full swing already?
I've been strong, OP for days now and don't plan on having a last harrah. We are going out of town tomorrow for the weekend. But just to one of my sisters and she's into Good healthy food, so I think I'll be ok...

Well, I'm meeting a friend at the gym to do a class with her. I've never done a class at this gym before...