Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 173/178/ 165

Height: 5'6

I'm back from my adventure and happy to report I stayed OP. I really couln't be more thrilled and grateful at having been successful through 10 days of new, challenging ( sick for a couple of days) and sheer "magic" at the desert and then Disneyland with my 8year old and husband. I felt a freedom with food that has alluded me in 30yrs of dieting. In my Beck memory box I wrote: "eating one half of a (planned)gourmet cookie in front of a beautifully decorated Xmas tree in the lobby of the Grand California while sitting next to my husband with a quartet of Xmas carolers singing." The most amazing part of the memory is that the cookie was only a small part of the whole event. I realized my dream of placing food in its proper place in my life instead of becoming my life. I was glad I brought the scale. I weighed just once each day and it let me get on with the business of the day. My weight stayed on track. I know I am not finsihed and there will be more challenges but when I began this program I prayed for a new way of living and I have received it.
BBE: I love it when you remind me portions are so much smaller than I used to think I required. In fact, I am having salmon tonite at a holiday dinner.
Shepardess: you and I share a bday month.
onebyone: I am living proof of slimming down in my late 40's. It is a great ride.
gardenerjoy: LOL "vanity sizing"
seadwaters: thanks for reminding that it is perfectily ok to throw out food.
Ceejay: hope you cold improves.
Madrikh: enjoy your tree decorating.
Lexxiss: I hope to join you in the skiiing effort in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by maryann; 12-03-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

'Lo, Beckmates. Quick shout out to all, since snow has derailed any plans of traveling tonight. Sounds as if tomorrow will be OK. Credit all my dear Beckmates who don't get so "sucked into" weather events as I do. Have been known to listen to and compare the forecast from 2 different local TV stations, Internet, and whatever else weather-related- reading- of -the -tea- leaves to be out there. Pretty useless effort, as today's snow totals were *double those predicted. *laffin'.

Clarification for my Beckmate friends- of- the -4-legged: It's not that I think people food is harmful to my canine housemates; it's that this "No Choice" policy seems to have prevented them from ever having that *begging mentality/behavior. Since they share the run of the house, it's appreciated by all my 2-legged kindred that my dawgs don't beg. Still, a raw egg yolk in the food dish very likely would not be interpreted as "people food". OTOH, my dawgs are so shiny, I'm not sure I could stand the glare.

That's it; that's all I got. Pleased and tired from what I accomplished today professionally and personally (scored perfect Xmas gifts for 2 on my list..at least I think so!) Stay strong, all.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:18 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 218/210/183

Height: 6'0"

this has been a hard week for me, and I've had mixed results. It is the craziest week of the quarter so both students and faculty (me) are stressed and tired. Add TOM and I am jittery and emotional. Add cold, foggy weather and I am slowed down and bummed out, even when I take my happy pills. So for a recap:
+Exercise 3/5 weekdays--I remembered again today one of my cardsL I always feel better after exercise.
+OP breakfasts 5/5 and lunches 4/5; packed 'em or planned 'em
+intermittent attention payed to eating sitting down and not on the couch or in the car, also sticking to planned foods
Debits:
-mac & cheese from a box, two off plan desserts, and a giant burger special; all oops in the middle of reasonable days; usually eaten in exhaustion or frustration; I KNOW those are my two biggest triggers, how do I monitor that?
-Thursday no exercise, simply because I couldn't get my butt up the stairs to the Nordic Trak!
OK, back on track:
1) Write a plan for tomorrow that includes a shopping trip and DH's birthday party at the best pizza place in the county (great local beer, too)
2) Workouts for tomorrow & Sun: rec center tomorrow, x-c skiing Sun; the first of the season !!!!!!!!!!!!
3)Figure out a way to keep my needed reminders even more evident, easier to read when things get tough.

Maryann, sounds like a great adventure with recreation and healthy eating - sounds like you came back refreshed and restored, not harried and guilty for overeating all week!
Gardenerjoy, you're right - just another day is a good thing, it means the plan is becoming the lifestyle, not something you struggle to do or think about succeeding or failing at all the time
Bue Daisy, an uptick in the scale is a real test! Oh well is a great answer, and I have been focusing on how strong and comfortable I am moving around in my world-how good I feel- instead of just the numbers, which aren't moving like I would like
Old 12-03-2010, 11:33 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hello Everyone- Thanks for the birthday wishes.

seadwaters- you and I have the same issue-knees and ankles. I have arthritis in both my ankles and fallen arches so this is effecting my knees also. Some days are much better than others but I know that the only way to deal with this is to lose weight. I have a stationary bike and it is much easier on the knees and feet than walking is. Maybe you can find a used one.

madrikh-re your question about weighing- I do it everyday because I fluctuate all over and it is just too discouraging to weigh in weekly and hit a highter fluctuation. I am journaling every day in a small notebook that fits in my purse so I can keep track away from home. I also keep a check list for how many Superfoods I eat and plan on incorporating low GI foods in the list.

BillBlueEyes-I liked what you wrote about serving sizes getting smaller. Sorry to hear about your cold. Tis the season I guess.

onebyone-congratulations on winning Best in Show. Lovely. Your list of credits is growing every day.

Shepherdess-yay for going out for pizza and sticking to your plan.

gardenerjoy-congratulations on winning NaNoWriMo- that is wonderful. And also on slipping into a size 12 jacket.

Beverlyjoy-glad to hear you are hanging in there.

Woodland-waving hello to you.

maryblu-thanks for the turkey recipe. Will be trying that soon.

Lexxiss- a belated Happy Anniversary. Hope your trip is going well.

new2me2- hello again. How fantastic that you reached your goal. That is an inspiration.

Blue Daisy- welcome to the thread. You are off to a roaring start.

Nature Girl-sorry about your hard week. But it sounds like you accomplished alot despite the hard time.

maryann- congratulations on your victory while on holidays. Your post was wonderful to read.

For me- I went to the doctor today and have a sinus infection with lots of fluid in my ears. Miserable. Got some meds and plan on taking it easy this weekend. I have another horribly busy week next week so need to work up some strength.

Credit today for:
weighing in
posting here
planning healthy food for the weekend

Old 12-04-2010, 04:10 AM   #35  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Eating was on-plan including a box of zinc cough drops, CREDIT moi. Took a sick day from work and spent the day feeling sick. I never left the house. Oh Well.

maryblu - Double Ouch's for double the snowfall. The latest issue of The Economist has an article titled, "Endless elections, Minnevota" that references "Count Beltrami Recount Soup." You guys got a sense of humor up there that even a British magazine appreciates.

CeeJay - Ouch for facing a horribly busy week with a sinus infection. Great start to working up your strength by "planning healthy food for the weekend."

Joy (gardenerjoy) - That one's worthy of being a novel's first sentence, "Yesterday was a day." I took your advice and bought V for my first Thomas Pynchon read. It'll appear as a Christmas present to me from Santa. Since I'm so delinquent producing a list of what I want, I order things for myself and hand them over to be wrapped for under the tree. Don't tell my kids.

Shepherdess - Yay for a run with your dog-trainer despite predicted winds. And Yay for seeing the Harry Potter movie. I gathered up the last book to remind myself of the plot, but remembered that it was a long read. Think I'll go read the synopsis online before I go.

Beverlyjoy - Yep, "pace myself" and stay in the bubble wrap. And stick with your indomitable positive attitude. Job had nothing on you.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Yay for the pool and skiing in god's country. Love that having faith in your "new self."

Nature Girl - "x-c skiing Sun; the first of the season !!!!!!!!!!!!" is a terrific response to a crazy week; Kudos. Re: Monitoring? My take is that the key to monitoring off plan eating is to identify its accompanying feeling as you did with "exhaustion or frustration." Next step is to recognize that feeling as it's happening. Then it becomes possible to pull out your arsenal of Beck strategies. You're on track for beating that.

maryann - Yay for seeing the "magic" of the desert. And monster Kudos for savoring a planned half-cookie at a special moment. Very encouraging thought, "I realized my dream of placing food in its proper place in my life instead of becoming my life."

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 11
When to Stop Losing and Start Maintaining

Determine Your Lowest Maintainable Weight

Let's say that you've plateaued at your Lowest Achievable Weight for several weeks or months. Then you realize that the strict eating and exercise routine you've been following to stay there is too much of a struggle. Maybe you feel hungry or deprived too frequently. Maybe you'd like to be able to eat out more or drink wine with dinner. Maybe you have less control over your eating schedule or choice of foods. Maybe your lifestyle has changed, and you simply can't devote as much time and energy to food preparation or exercise. It's not that you've less motivated; there really are obstacles in your way.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 274.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:38 AM   #36  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello Beck friends

Yesterday was a good day. I'm grateful and I acknowledge that my days go much better when I read from my Beck chapters. I'm such a perfectionist and always "think" in order to do it right I need to start from the beginning and read every word. Truth be, on Thursday I started at the very beginning of the green book and ended up right where I needed to be. My day was not perfect, but did not include any off plan foods. I didn't have an evening snack in my plan and I added raw almonds and cantaloupe. My solution is to write them in beforehand, since we still have half a melon in the frig. Skiing was great. I have a written plan for today.

BillBlueEyes, ouch for planned cough drops, but glad you could take a day at home to care for yourself.

CeeJay, good that you're planning healthy for the weekend. Healthy choices aid in recovery, I always think. It sounds like you have a very busy week ahead.

NatureGirl, your list of credits was great, even as you endured the "craziest week" of the quarter. Evaluating your areas needing improvement amidst the craziness is such a great tool for success.

maryblu, I'm *laffin', too. Reading of the tea leaves sounds like a great weather predictor. I tend to find the predictions pretty useless and instead rely on my sturdy vehicle with super great tires. "Pleased and tired" sounds like a good spot to be in.

maryann, I must share that it was a joy to read your post and catch up. Model Beck behaviors do produce results and having received a new way of living, as you report, is quite an important gift which you have given yourself. A freedom with food that has alluded you in 30 yrs of dieting is just incredible! BTW-do you ski at Tahoe?

Beverlyjoy, *credit* for recognizing that sick is not a free pass to unrestrained saltine consumption. Sorry to hear that now DH has a cold.

gardenerjoy, yay for a day of just "sane living".

Shepherdess, good for you getting out for a run while the weather was cooperating. This time of year putting it off until later may very well mean it won't happen at all.

My planned Saturday includes a walk, a swim, healthy eating and a contra dance tonight. I'd better get all the fun activities in while I'm blessed to have this break from my routine.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:53 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

Didn’t do very well at planning yesterday. I found myself ready for a snack late afternoon and not sure what to eat. I did pick something healthy, a usual part of my plan, but it’s not a very good habit to get into.

No outdoor exercise yesterday. I half-heartedly tried to motivate myself to do weights, but just didn’t get very far. I did yoga instead, so credit for doing something.

Gardenerjoy, yay for “days that are just days!” I would love to get to the point where I have more of those than more with some struggle to report.

Beverlyjoy, great job continuing to keep track of your food. It’s tough when you are sick and feeling lousy to have one more thing to keep track of.

Maryann, great job staying OP while on your trip. It’s impressive that it taught you to put food in its rightful place. It’s great when you can have that positive attitude of being free from food rather than feeling deprived.

Maryblu, ouch for weather fouling plans. Hope you can get on your way today. I know all about obsessions with weather reports. I live and die by NOAA.

Nature girl, ouch for stressed and tired. Exhaustion and frustration are huge triggers. I find the most helpful thing is to have food so well-planned and simple during stressful times, that I can just go on autopilot. It’s easier for me when the choice is already made. Great job getting back on track so quickly.

CeeJay, yuck for sinus infection. An easy weekend is probably the best thing. Hope you are back on your feet when the work week arrives.

BillBE, glad you took a much needed sick day. Hope you spend your weekend recouping and are feeling better before too long.

Lexxis, yay for reading Beck and finding exactly what you needed! It sounds like you have a very fun and healthy Saturday planned. Enjoy!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:27 AM   #38  
Green Tomatoes

"Hunger is not an emergency" helped me yesterday. It was past time for lunch. I was hungry but in order to have an on plan lunch, I needed to wash greens, a fairly time-consuming process. Meanwhile, DH decided to go grab fast food. I was very tempted to request that he pick up something for me. But he was going to a place with food that triggers cravings in me and "hunger is not an emergency." So, I washed the greens and ate my salad.

I'm going to the Thank God It's Over (TGIO) party tonight with my NaNoWriMo peeps. Should be fun! I have already decided exactly what I will be ordering from the menu -- a skinny raspberry mojito and an entree spinach salad with goat cheese.

WI: -0.25kg, Exercise: +50 150/1500 minutes for December, Food: 70%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

Sending healing vibes to Beverlyjoy and BillBlueEyes and CeeJay (and thinking I'm overdue for my flu shot!)

BillBlueEyes: I love your Christmas hoax on your kids. DH and I stopped giving gifts to each other years ago, but we didn't have kids that might find something amiss with that.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 173/178/ 165

Height: 5'6

The journey continues. Back in my real life last nite, two holiday parties, getting my DS a babysitter ( always hard for me to let go) and TOM (thanks for the acronym Naturegirl) proved overwhelming. I jumped OFFP and then landed sometime later back OP. Credit moi for returning and for this morning slowly getting back to the ritual: write what I will eat, check in here, weigh in ( no gain). I am remembering what gardernerjoy was saying, "hunger is not an emergency." I have planned exercise. The Thin Man starts at 3:00. I'll put an hour in on the elliptical watching the first half. Congrats to Maryblu for some successful Xmas shopping. I might try a little online today. Ceejay and BBE get feeling better. Shepardess, you always remind me about yoga and I will do it 8am tom morning. Lexxiss We are hitting Tahoe the week before Xmas and I can't wait.

Last edited by maryann; 12-04-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Sunday

Hi Coaches

I think I have to (borrow to) pay for the hideously expensive dental work. Somewhere else would be a few thousand less but it is never successful when I try cheaper. I am a HEAVY grinder. SO think I have to bite the bullet and pay for it. These teeth have to last a few more decades and they won't. Yesterday was not really on plan so today am trying to get back on track.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Glad you got back to the pool. Well done avoiding a difficult lunch - hope the skiing went well. Which I see it did! Yes - reading the book certainly helps - will add it to my list
Onebyone - "Also a credit for winning "Best in Show" at the School of Art Holiday Show" I missed this when I posted last time - you are endlessly creative and it is great to see you getting credit
BlueDaisy - Not sure that even if you went below the 5lb on ONE day that it constitutes a gain - just a fluctuation. You might decide that after a week it is real for example. Others on the list will have ideas on this maybe. You seem to be travelling really well and credit for treating the scale reading as information
Marci (madrikh) - Enjoy decorating the tree - sort of happy lights in themselves really! 80% on plan sounds worthy of credit with what is going on
Ceejay - Yay for checking in and ouch for a cold - hope you get to pull it all together this weekend. Hope the meds and weekends rest work their magic. My knees are now bone-on-bone. I find it more amazing that I have many days or hours where they actually don't hurt! That is when I don't exercise of course. But will explore the stationary bike - thanks for the endorsement
BeverlyJoy - Glad your tummy is improving and your next door neighbour was sorted out. Sorry your DH is sick while you are still recuperating. Credit for not using sickness as excuse to overdo the Saltines - always easy to do!
BillBlueEyes - Commiserations on your cold - good idea to take a sick day. Hope you are well enough to enjoy your heavy weekend
Shepherdess - Clever for sticking to plan with pizza. Glad you got in a run between wind gusts. I'm sure the sheep didn't mind. And yoga has to be good
Gardenerjoy - I am looking forward to days with no regrets over food or exercise. You have worked hard to get there - maybe I have to too Credit for sticking with your salad
Maryann - yay for a great adventure and HUGE credit for staying on-plan and discovering a new way of being
Maryblu - My 4-legged companions didn't beg and didn't associate my eating with their eating at all - until I went away and a family member looked after them. Oh well - they developed some undesirable behaviours that just haven't gone away.
NatureGirl - I can relate to the craziest week in the semester - it is happening here to. But it is hot and humid. Your plan for dealing with it all looks like a plan - credit

Credits
- Weighed myself
- Stuck to lunch plan on Friday
- Checked in
- Exercised!
- am making lunch for work tomorrow

Have a good day
Old 12-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hello Beck Buds:

BillBlueEyes-hope you are feeling much better soon.

Lexxiss-yay for a good day yesterday and writing up a plan for today.

Shepherdess-waving hello!! I also wish for more days where there is no struggle.

gardenerjoy-good for you for resisting fast food and sticking with the salad. Enjoy your party.

maryann-credit for jumping right back on program.

For me- not feeling great but managed to clean the house, do the laundry, mail Christmas parcels, go to the dump, and other Saturday chores.

Not very many credits today:

Checking in here
Doing weights
Planning tomorrow

Old 12-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 161.8/153.4/ low 140's

Height: 5'7"

Default Day 7

Hi all,

I'm back from the soccer tournament. We didn't win. We were eliminated in the first game. But I was so very proud of my son. He's the sweeper for the team and he played his position excellently. He kept feeding those balls back to the strikers but the other team had such a good defense we just couldn't seem to break through. We lost 1 to 3.

Weighed in yesterday and to my shock I was down 1.6 lbs. I thought I had leveled out. I did not weigh in today because I was traveling and didn't have a scale. But I like Maryann's idea of taking the scale along when you travel. Will do that next time.

Food was on plan yesterday. I expected to be home tonight for dinner but we were still traveling so I did not eat exactly what I had written down but I chose a version of it at the restaurant. I didn't eat any snacks today but figured with restaurant meals and the added fats etc., I probably didn't need any. And, as it turned out, I didn't get hungry for a snack. The extra fat probably carried me through.

Credits:
Read Response and Advantage cards
Created a food plan
Ate on plan
Ate all food sitting down, ate slowly and enjoyed my food (It is much easier on the weekends to eat slowly)

I haven't exercised in 3 days. Plan to get back to it tomorrow.

CeeJay - Happy belated birthday. So sorry to hear you are sick with a sinus infestion. Kudos for weighing in and planning for a healthy weekend even though you are not feeling well. Get better soon.

Madrikh - Thanks for the welcome. Yeah ...you are only 8 lbs from your goal. Sorry to hear you've been struggling to stay on plan when you're so close to goal. Listen to see if you can hear what those self-sabotaging thoughts are and use Beck's techniques of creating responses cards for each. Kudos for making a food and exercise plan.

BillBlueEyes - Sorry to hear that you are sick and it ended up changing your plans for the weekend. Kudos for using "oh well". And double kudos for staying on plan even though you are sick.

Lexxis - Two thumbs up for believing in yourself and not listening to that internal, infernal voice of discouragement. And two more thunmbs up for recognizing your perfectionist thinking for what it is - a road block, a discourager, a killjoy. Your Saturday plans sound like so much fun. Hope you had a great time.

Shepherdness - Credit for staying on plan and going for a much needed run, for both you and your dog. Our dog loves to run with us as well. Hope the weather gets better again soon.

Gardenerjoy - Congrats for having "a day". Sounds like this program has truly worked for you.

BeverlyJoy - Glad you're feeling better and recognizing that you needed to stay on track after you began feeling better. That's always been a weak time for me...sick and using food to comfort myself. And as we all know, the excess food didn't make me any healthier. So extra, extra kudos Sorry to hear your DH is now sick. But I guess it could have been worse. You could have both been sick at the same time. Hope you all get back to 100% soon.

Maryann - Congratulations with your "freedom with food". What a wonderful blessing and result from your hard work of committing to and working the program.

Maryblu - Congrats on your accomplishments...professionally and personally.

Nature Girl - Sorry you've had such a hard week at work and with the weather being yucky too...it's hard not to feel yucky as well. See if you can identify those thoughts that are giving you permission to veer off plan when you are feeling exhausted or frustrated and develop some response cards to read daily. Maybe that will help. I know it can be so discouraging when we slip.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening and a great day tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:12 AM   #43  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Talking Early Sunday hello

Hi Coaches

I fell asleep at 7:30 and here I am up at 1:52am. Oh well! My one and only xmas show is behind me as is the Carp Farmers' Market season of 2010. I can say it was a poor year but enjoyable to have been there. I did some de-cluttering by not bringing home my display boards, my lights or my table or my chair or my tv table. I left all my booth furniture at the show for whoever wants it or they can throw it out. I won't be moving it to wherever I go.

I'm starting to get ready to move and making decisions with that in mind.

Foodwise I didn't track my food. I didn't exercise. I just worked like a maniac. I didn't overeat though. And when faced with HUNGER after the show on Friday night, I thought about fast food but just wanted my homemade soup and that's what I ate (credit). I am getting back into a reasonable weight-loss mind set. I did weigh in every day (credit).

DH came home early. He was back Friday night. After a tough day on Thursday he was given an exciting project on Friday. He REALLY wants to do this job. His bosses want to decide whether he stays with them before Christmas comes. In fact, DH says he'll know by the end of this week (he thinks... I'll wait and see). Neither of the bosses are willing to wait out the three months the Big Boss told DH he'd have to do. DH wants me to go to Toronto with him on Monday as he is making the *effort* to attend the staff meeting at 3pm there. It's not required of him but he's doing it anyway. I can take the car and roam around for a couple of hours looking at the place to see where I may like to live and/or what is around there. I would probably take the train home on Wednesday as I have stuff to do on Thursday here.
I don't really want to go just yet but I think I should go as DH wants me to.
I'll have Tuesday all to myself in Toronto. I could go to the art gallery or the art school or something exciting like that.

Tomorrow I am seeing my mom who, with her alzheimer's, does remember that I may be moving. Fortunately, Toronto is 4.5 hours away and I will probably see her only a little less than I see her right now. Had we moved to the Isle of Man that would not be the case!

Anyway, such is life and things are good. DH was talking about buying a new bed when we move. We have a double bed right now and he says he's looking forward to me not elbowing him at night. Who knew? I sleep like a rock!

haha.

Bye coaches.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:26 AM   #44  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Sunday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - I acknowledged my cough by not going on my bird walk yesterday - Ouch I missed that. But I felt sufficiently noncontagious to join my family for an Indian Restaurant dinner. I ate on-plan, CREDIT moi, ordering black lentils with coriander but, being family, we all sampled everything. Good sign was that there were a lot of left overs which look like my lunches for next week. Exercise was lifting the zinc cough drops to my mouth, LOL.

onebyone - Impressive dealing with reality to abandon your booth furniture; Kudos for your clear vision. Neat to plan some art touring in Toronto.

CeeJay - That's an impressive list of chores for someone "not feeling great." And that followed by doing weights. Nice day.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Kudos for "Fast Food is not an emergency" that can't be replaced with greens - however much one doesn't feel like washing them. LOL at TGIO - hope you had fun.

Shepherdess - Yay for yoga; wish that I had the patience to do that.

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - LOL at "bite the bullet" to protect your teeth. Sending my sympathy for having to deal with the reality of your body. Hoping that you find a way.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Beautiful day planned there, "a walk, a swim, healthy eating and a contra dance!"

maryann - Yay for "back to the ritual." This letting go business is difficult; Kudos for acknowledging that and working on it.

Blue Daisy - Yay for the excitement of your sweeper making it to a tournament. Reminds me of arriving at college and finding out that everybody was in the upper part of their class and competition began anew.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 11
When to Stop Losing and Start Maintaining

Determine Your Lowest Maintainable Weight

At this point, make a decision to eat a little bit more or decide to exercise a little less. You need an eating and exercise plan you can comfortably live with for the rest of your life. Rather than just drifting into changes in your routines, sit down (preferably with your diet coach) and write a new plan in your diet notebook. How many extra calories do you want to consume per day or per week? How much do you need to cut back on exercise?

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 274.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 12-06-2010 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-05-2010, 07:18 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

A quick check in this AM. We decided on a whim last night to go to Ft. Collins today and I'm going to squeeze in a quick workout before we go. Food was OP yesterday and I even managed to eat a single serving of chips. Always hard, but I like to know that, on occassion, I can do it. There was little wind, so I got out for my run. I don't take my outdoor exercise for granted!
Closed Thread