Weight Loss Support - New to 3FC and looking for a weight loss buddy!!

Sunshinenmysoul
07-12-2010, 01:35 AM
Hey!! I'm Courtney and I'm 23. I'm brand new to 3FC and don't even really know how to work everything on this site yet lol.

I started at 203 and am looking to get down to about 135. Also, I'm 5'4''. I've started and failed so many times and I just want this to be the one time that I make it through. I don't want to start and lose and be happy then gain it all back. I feel like if I have someone else to talk to and report to then I'll feel more accountable for what I'm doing and eating and how much I exercise.

I'd be totally fine communicating through e-mail or something like that. Anyway, I just graduated college and I'm trying to find a job, which is stressful, plus trying to lose this 68 lbs. on top of that. I've been doing well so far and have lost 5 lbs. LOL I know it's not much, but this is just the beginning. ANYWAY if you're interested let me know!!

Onederchic
07-12-2010, 03:41 AM
Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle

Losing It 2010
07-12-2010, 07:43 AM
Welcome Courtney, we are glad you found us and posted. Love your profile picture, stick around and let us know how you are doing

Hey!! I'm Courtney and I'm 23. I'm brand new to 3FC and don't even really know how to work everything on this site yet lol.

I started at 203 and am looking to get down to about 135. Also, I'm 5'4''. I've started and failed so many times and I just want this to be the one time that I make it through. I don't want to start and lose and be happy then gain it all back. I feel like if I have someone else to talk to and report to then I'll feel more accountable for what I'm doing and eating and how much I exercise.

I'd be totally fine communicating through e-mail or something like that. Anyway, I just graduated college and I'm trying to find a job, which is stressful, plus trying to lose this 68 lbs. on top of that. I've been doing well so far and have lost 5 lbs. LOL I know it's not much, but this is just the beginning. ANYWAY if you're interested let me know!!

PlaygroundLove
07-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Hey Courtney,

I'm new and looking for a weight loss buddy as well :) We're just about the same age, height, and goal weight! I tried to message you, but apparently you can't send private messages until you have a certain number of posts.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-12-2010, 05:39 PM
LOL I learned that too! I can't put a ticker or anything either until a certain number of posts. Yeah we're def. about the same so that's awesome. What kind of weight loss program/diet are you doing? Just watching calories or weight watchers?? What's your name by the way? If you're comfortable giving it out.

PlaygroundLove
07-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Haha, no problem- my name's Dani. As of now, I'm just trying to get in a lot of exercise and counting calories...I'm trying to stick to somewhere around 1200-1400 a day. What about you?

Sunshinenmysoul
07-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Rock on. I'm doing Weight Watchers. It's my staple diet program lol. It works for me when I don't CHEAT! Which I usually have issues with. It's been a week so far though and I haven't messed up. I got the Biggest Loser: Last Chance Workout video though and have been using that and it'll kick your a$$. I'm coming down from the most I've ever weighed in my life. All throughout high school was in the 160s-170s then after I got to college and got married it just shot through the roof. I got over 200 and was just like um...I don't think so. That was my tipping point. Then I got a skirt that I thought was a size 16 and it fit and I got home and read the tag and it was an 18. Devastating lol. So from that point I decided to just freaking finally accomplish something and achieve a goal for once in my life. Do you have problems sticking to it?

zarra
07-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Welcome!
The girls here are great! If you participate in challenges and keep active around the forum, you will have more than enough motivation to achieve your goals. I lost about 20 lbs the beginning of this year, just by checking in here and keeping myself accountable. As soon as I drifted from 3FC, I gained most of it back :(
YOU CAN DO THIS, GIRL!! :)

PlaygroundLove
07-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Oooh yeah, I've been wondering about the videos! Good to know it's working. I've never tried any sort of video workout...I've been going to the gym and doing plain old weights, treadmills, and ellipticals.

As for the calorie counting...my problem with eating healthier is I always start out REALLY strong and then after a month or so I get cocky and think, "Hey, I can cheat for one meal, right?" and "one meal" turns into "the next 6 months."

Strangely, even my weight gain was similar to yours, haha. I weighed 160-175 all throughout high school and then got to college and gained...um...the freshman 40. :o

I'm going into my senior year now, so I guess my main motivation at the moment is to graduate at a healthy weight.

Congratulations on staying on plan for a week! :carrot: Do you like WW? I've considered it, but haven't ever really looked into it.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Haha that's hilarious. I just graduated in May so I know how hard it is to stick with it during school. That's stressful enough as it is. My sister has a gym membership and I was going with her as a guest every once in a while, but it really wasn't consistent so I got that video and today was my 4th day in a row doing it. I made my husband do it with me today and he was like DANG! He was sweating too.

I do the EXACT same thing with starting out strong then falling off. Last time I did well I was like ok...after I lose 10 lbs. I'll reward myself with Chinese food. Then it was all over lol. I'll never reward myself with food again. This is going to be good for both of us then I think because we'll stick to it and be accountable to someone.

I really love WW because you have a certain amount of points each day and you follow that. Basically you can eat whatever you want as long as you stay within your point guidelines. You'll learn very quickly though that if you use all your points on chocolate cake you'll be very hungry later that night and cheat. So you have to make good healthy choices and stay within your point limits. I use a food journal too to see how much I eat.

freshsteph
07-12-2010, 09:04 PM
I have done some workout videos too. One of my faves was Jillian Hough ballroom dancing video. It was tough! I also was wondering about WW, do you have to buy a book or ??

Sunshinenmysoul
07-12-2010, 09:12 PM
I have done some workout videos too. One of my faves was Jillian Hough ballroom dancing video. It was tough! I also was wondering about WW, do you have to buy a book or ??

Well, here's what I did. I went to one meeting and paid for that week (go when they're having a free registration special) because you just pay weekly, there's no monthly commitment or anything, and get the first book and the points calculator. Learn how to do it and then just use it at home and don't go back lol! I got the digital calculator and I like it a lot and also there is a website that tells you all the points values of food at restaurants. If you follow it, it will work. The website is dwlz.com by the way. Then you go to the restaurants tab.

lilweezycarter82
07-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Hey All, I am In The Same Situation, Tried The HCG Diet In April Only Lost A little Started At 226 went down to 202 from April until now, pretty much just doing alot more active work, like I moved and had to do it all by myself and probably shed lbs that way as well as doing some wii fit, and weight watchers online which is awesome. But I just started the Belly Fat Cure Diet From Jorge Cruise last Tues, but instead of my scale going down in one week it has sent me up to 204 but I don't even know if that's accurate LOL, because it keeps elevating (the scale I Mean) So I may just got back strictly to Weight Watchers & Wii Fit etc. Whatever works out for me.

If Anyone has any diet plan suggestions or ideas let me know. I live in Scottsdale, Az but Also Would love to have a weight loss buddy, either by phone, email, im or facebook. Motivation is key and having someone in your same position I feel will really help.

My name is Jamilah Jones On facebook.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Me, you, and Dani all have pretty much the same height/weight/goal which is pretty awesome. We can all help each other out. I can't believe I haven't cheated yet on my changed eating habits. Last night I did grab a handful of trail mix without even thinking, but I guess that's not as bad as finishing off a bag of cheetos or something lol. Also, my mom brought home this giant box of cut up fresh fruit and I ate the crap out of it! I always get on this kick like I'm dying if I can't have chocolate, but I forgot how amazing fresh fruit can be! I'm on my 5th day straight of doing my BL workout vid too and my muscles are SO tired, but I don't want to give up.

Ohh and I'm going on a 3 day vacation this weekend with my family to float down the river and stay in a cabin. In the past, when I go on vacation is always when I mess up really bad and then never continue my diet/exercise. I don't want to do that again so any suggestions on how I can do well on my trip?

PlaygroundLove
07-13-2010, 04:43 PM
I agree with you, I think it's good that we both have the same weakness because then we can both hold each other accountable!

WW sounds like a good way to make a lifestyle change instead of just "dieting"- I like that the plan doesn't expressly forbid anything. I don't plan on forbidding anything permanently either, but I AM being stricter with myself for the time being until I get my sweet tooth under control! I don't trust myself to "just have one" of any of my favorite foods at the moment, haha.

Good point about not rewarding yourself with food, too. Are you planning on rewarding yourself (with anything) at mini-goals? I've been toying with the idea...

lilweezycarter82
07-13-2010, 05:06 PM
I am Going Crazy Trying To Figure Out What Went Wrong On This Belly Fat Cure Diet From Jorge Cruise It Looks Totally Awesome I Own The Book And Follow It To A tee but in one weI Actually Went from 202-204 While everyone else from what I read everywhere else including people on here keep saying all the weight their melting off. Check It Out On Here Search And type belly fat cure or also google it or go to amazon. It seems totally awesome just not working for me.

Jamilah

Sunshinenmysoul
07-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Yeah I've been toying with the idea too. I need to actually set up some mini goals though lol. So far I've just been diving right into it and losing weight, but haven't set any goals for myself. Today I said that I want to lose 15 lbs. by labor day so that's going to be one of my mini goals. We should both set some up and let each other know and post them on here so we can help keep each other accountable and motivated as we work toward them. We probably should reward ourselves too...so I'll think of some rewards for the mini goals and the put that in parentheses next to my mini goal. I'll come up with it and post it later this evening!

How is your day going btw? Struggling at all? I'm trying to find the motivation right now to go do my exercise vid...ugh.

PlaygroundLove
07-13-2010, 06:36 PM
15 by labor day sounds good! My first mini goal is to hit 197, which will officially put me in a lower BMI class (I'll go from obese II to obese I...yikes). I haven't really planned much beyond that, but you're right, we totally should! I'll post mine too once I decide on them.

Also, any idea how many posts we need before we're allowed to PM and have tickers and whatnot?

My day was going well until my boss sprung a lunch business meeting on me. I tried to make good choices, but it still ended up being way more calories than I would have eaten otherwise. On the bright side, I think that's just pushing me to work even harder at the gym tonight, and my eating was great otherwise!

How's your day going? With regards to struggling with the motivation to work out...I can totally relate. What helps me is to just keep picturing how great it'll be when I get to goal. That, and you've already worked so hard- what's one more night? You can do it! :carrot:

Sunshinenmysoul
07-13-2010, 07:21 PM
I hate it when unexpected stuff like that happens. Eating out is one of my worst enemies. For a while, when I was gaining all the weight, I was eating out EVERY DAY. It's so sad now that I think back on it. What was I thinking?! I wasn't apparently. Anyway, I just have to steer clear of fast food all together and most restaurants. What's good though about WW is that there's a website that tells me the point values for food at various restaurants. So that helps a lot. Some things you'd think would be low in calories just aren't. Now when I go places too I ask them if they have any pamphlet or board with the nutrition facts for their food. Sorry I'm rambling lol.

I don't know how many posts to PM but I know that you can have a ticker after 25 posts.

My day is good. I almost gave up mid-workout and started crying haha out of frustration and fear of failure AGAIN. I went to my husband and go "Please tell me to go finish the video" so he did and came in there with me. My eating for the day has been great though. So at least I'm proud of that.

I don't even know what my BMI is so I should probably check that out. I know I'm obese :-( I always hate saying that because I don't feel like I look obese, but health wise I am. I'll get back to you with the other mini-goals too. Going to go eat dinner!

Sunshinenmysoul
07-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Ok I think I got this

Mini-goal #1- Lose 15 lbs. by or before Labor Day, so get to 186.6 (pedicure and manicure)
Mini-goal #2- BMI no longer in the obesity category at 174 lbs. (10 songs from itunes lol)
Mini-goal #3- 165 lbs. (massage)
Mini-goal #4- 155 lbs. (new purse)
Mini-goal #5-BMI no longer in the overweight category at 145 lbs. (My lowest weight I can remember) (new dress...and shoes lol)
Mini-goal #6- Reach my goal weight of 135 lbs. (vacation with my husband)

It's hard for me to think of rewards because there's not much I really want. So that's what I came up with haha. Goal 3 and 4 are just 10 lb. marks so they don't really signify anything.

PlaygroundLove
07-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Aw, you sound like you have a really sweet and supportive husband :) I'm really glad to hear that you finished the video!

I just got back from the gym too...hopefully I compensated for eating out at lunch. Do most restaurants actually provide you with the nutrition facts when you ask for them? I usually just google them in advance, but today I couldn't since it was so last minute...ah well.

Anyway, your goals look great! Here are mine:

Mini-goal #1: 197 lbs, move from Obese Class II to Obese Class I
Mini-goal #2: 189
Mini-goal #3: 179
Mini-goal #4: 169 lbs, move from Obese to Overweight
Mini-goal #5: 159
Mini-goal #6: 149
Mini-goal #7: 140 lbs, NORMAL WEIGHT!

I decided to stop at 140 for now, since I know I won't have any idea what my body will look like 'til I get way closer to goal. I'll reassess then and try and figure out what my ACTUAL goal should be...anywhere between 108-140 would put me in a healthy BMI.

I also decided not to include rewards in my list because

a) rewarding myself every 10 pounds will get expensive fast (what about every 20?) and
b) there's not that much I want, like you said.

Instead of setting it in stone, I figure if there's anything I reallllly want (like a bag I've been eyeing or new makeup or something), I'll let myself get it when I hit one of those goals.

I have one more goal that I wasn't sure where to place, haha. I really, REALLY want a pair of Frye boots, but my calves are too big for them at the moment! The second my calves are less than 14" around (I have no idea how long that will take), I'm going after the boots.

I agree with you about the word "obese"...I don't FEEL obese. I don't think I LOOK obese. What an awful word.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Yeah he is definitely sweet and he has seen me start diets and fall on my face over and over. I told him I want this to be the absolute last time I do this. He will help me and if I go to take a bite of something bad he's like um no haha.

You reminded me though that I want to try that Bare Minerals makeup so I might switch out one of the rewards with that lol! I've been trying to think of a reason to buy it and try it out. Now I have a good one.

I don't know what Frye boots are, but I know what you mean about the calf thing. Luckily, my legs are like the smallest thing on me haha. So, when I get a pair of boots they BARELY zip up and are uncomfortably tight. It's very frustrating. Ok, so now that we have our goals let's start working toward them and let each other know how we're doing along the way.

I have a craptastic right knee that is killing me from working out so I'm going to have to do the light version of my video from now on so I'll prob. be burning less calories. Trying to think of something else to do now to supplement that.

PlaygroundLove
07-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Yikes, what happened to your knee? You could always just go for a long walk, if that wouldn't hurt it too much- it certainly puts less strain on it than a workout video. Also, what about just doing arms/abs tonight and leaving the stress off your knee?

Frye is just a brand that makes reaaally nice (and out-of-my-budget expensive, hahah) leather boots....I tried posting a link, but apparently I can't do that till I have more posts either.

I'm experiencing some MAJOR scale frustration- I've been eating perfectly and working my butt off at the gym and it hasn't budged a single ounce in a few days. I know that's more normal after you've been losing for a while, but usually at the start of a diet you drop a lot of pounds reasonably quickly...which I'm not doing. I can't figure out what's going on!

Ahh, Bare Minerals is SO GOOD. I definitely recommend it as one of your rewards :) How's your day going?

Sunshinenmysoul
07-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Well, I've had weak ligaments in my knee since I was a kid. My doctor made me drop out of my 8th grade dance class in middle school lol. So it has always been a problem if I do any workouts with a lot of impact so like running, jumping, etc. I am going to go back to the gym with my sister for a few weeks I guess and do the elliptical and bike until my knee starts acting better then go back to the video but do the low impact version.

Yeah this site is weird about letting you post links and stuff.

I am experiencing scale frustration too!! I'm getting pissed. This is what my weights have done for the past 4 days

It's STUPID! I'm used to losing quite a bit at first too and I'm doing perfect on my diet. I'm not cheating, I'm exercising...so I too don't understand what the effin deal is. GRR. Ok so are you weighing everyday? Cause I am. Maybe we should both try to not weight again until next week. My weigh-in day is on Tuesday..so if you can make it I'll try to make it too until then without weighing. THEN maybe if we see a larger drop we'll be happier and less frustrated lol. I'm down to try if you are.

I went in once to get them to do a "makeover" basically just to see what it looks like and I loved it. It's just a bit expensive, but perfect for a reward :-)

My day is going great. I went and bought a bathing suit today (ugh) for my trip this weekend. My family and I are going to the Guadalupe river this weekend to a cabin to stay and float down the river and on tubes. I always feel though when I get a bathing suit I'm stuck get the grandma ones. It's like they only make cute suits for size 6 girls. Super annoying. Let me know if you want to try the not weighing til Tuesday thing.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-14-2010, 06:30 PM
I just noticed I have 9345309485039845 typos in my last post so forgive me haha. I'm a little tired!

PlaygroundLove
07-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Haha no worries, I didn't even notice the typos...I guess I'm a little tired too!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one whose numbers are doing bad things. The last 4 days my weight has literally just been

I'm totally willing to try not weighing til Tuesday! I think it'll be hard for both of us (since weighing daily gets kind of addictive), but wayyy worth it if we actually see the numbers go down. I vow not to get on the scale before Tuesday if you don't, haha.

I agree with you about swimsuit shopping...super frustrating! Is it just me, or are a lot of clothes for "bigger girls" designed to look like something my mom/grandmother should be wearing? Hopefully you found something cute :)

Sunshinenmysoul
07-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Ok it's a deal then! No weighing til Tuesday. It's going to be hard because I'm definitely addicted to hopping on the scale as soon as I wake up. Tuesday we'll compare loss and then go from there. Hopefully it'll be something to be excited about! Just keep it up, keep eating right, and exercising and we'll see a loss. No worries!

I tried to find something cute. It's a one piece though. (not brave enough for a 2 piece yet) I agree about the clothes though and especially bras and undergarments. I still want to have a cute bra and underwear even if I am bigger! All the cute lacy bras are for the teeny tiny chicks while I get stuck with something ugly. Luckily I found Fredrick's of Hollywood and they make cute bras and lingerie and such for lots of sizes. It's awesome. Before I found that I was wearing the ugly grandma bras from Wal-Mart lol.

DhaniCauldwell
07-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Welcome and good luck!

:queen: Dhani :queen:

PlaygroundLove
07-15-2010, 07:51 PM
How was scale-less day #1? I'm not going to lie, I've been having a staring contest with mine all day- I REALLY want to know what that number is! Hahaha, hopefully a few days without weighing will help us break the habit before it gets obsessive.

Also, is Frederick's of Hollywood a store, or do you have to order online or something? I don't think I've ever heard of it...Victoria's Secret actually carries a surprising amount of sizes, BUT it's also super expensive.

I experimented with avocado today (which I had never really tried before), and I decided I love it! It's high in calories (for a fruit/veggie, anyway), but it's "the good kind of fat," I think.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Well, it was VERY hard for me too. This morning I almost forgot, went to the scale went through my routine of undressing haha and was like oh wait. I want to know too, but this is going to be good for us!

Fredericks' of Hollywood is a store. It's a lingerie type store and they carry my size 40F lol. At Victoria's Secret I can fit into a 40DD but I pop out the top a little, which I'm not a fan of.

I absolutely LOVE avocado and you're right it is the good kind of fat. That makes me think of this thing I read in my weight loss journal I bought at Border's. It says:

Adding a little fat can give you a lot more nutrition. When lettuce, carrots, or spinach were eating with avocado, test subjects absorbed 8 to 13 times more antioxidants, including beta carotene, linked to cancer and heart disease reduction.

So yeah it's good on a lot of different levels. I've been experimenting with baby spinach leaves lately. They're more nutritious than regular iceberg lettuce. So today I put some on my sandwich instead of lettuce and last night my husband made tilapia and white rice and I added in some baby spinach leaves and it was amazing.

I'm going out of town tomorrow until Sunday so I won't be replying for a bit. Just wanted you to know so you didn't think I dropped off the face of the earth lol. It's a good thing we're going out of town too I guess because I won't have a scale there to be tempted by!

PlaygroundLove
07-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Ahh, thank you for the information about avocados! Now I'm a lot more excited about eating them, hahaha. Baby spinach is delicious too..have you ever had a "green smoothie?" Basically, you sneak a handful of spinach in with all the fruits- it's surprisingly good!

Have an amazing time on your trip! I can't wait to hear about it when you get back. Oh, and rock the new bathing suit :carrot:

Catawumpus37
07-16-2010, 12:03 AM
hey, I just joined like 20 minutes ago! i read your situation and was like oh boy that sounds familiar! After losing a few pounds, i had some stuff happen and rocketed up about 45 pounds, i'm a senior now and hoping to get back to my starting point and then working down from there after school. I got a Jillian Michaels kick butt yoga dvd that i'm going to try out, she seems like the way to go for workout dvds since she's so super intense! and congrats on losing 5 pounds, the first steps are definitely the hardest

Sunshinenmysoul
07-16-2010, 01:04 AM
Thanks cat!! Glad you joined too and good luck on your weight loss journey!

I have never had a green smoothie but I will definitely have to try it now. Have you ever tried those yoplait smoothie bags? They are the frozen fruit already and you just add milk or juice and put it in a blender. It's delicious. Next time I'll throw in a handful of baby spinach lol.

I'm thinking this trip is going to kick some major a$$ lol. I packed all my healthy foods so I don't have to eat what my family eats. Today my mom told me she could tell I had lost a few pounds and I got so excited!! Def. gonna rock the bathing suit...even if it's grandma-ish or not lol.

Talk to ya when I return! Have a great weekend and no weighing lol!

PlaygroundLove
07-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Ooh, I've never tried the smoothie bags, but I just googled them and they look delicious. Maybe I'll experiment this weekend...

It's awesome that your mom is being supportive--and that your progress is already showing! I don't think I see much of a difference in myself yet, but hopefully I'll start to soon. I wonder how much weight you have to lose before it becomes like, very noticeable to those around you. I can't wait to get to that point :D

Day #2 scale-less has been a little easier...I know I'm eating well and working out, so I'm trying to just have faith in the fact that the number must be dropping as a result. I guess we'll find out on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend!

SmilingAtTheFuture
07-16-2010, 04:59 PM
All right, I just had to jump in. Your idea of using iTunes as a "goal reached" reward is just fabulous! I had never thought of that, and honestly, since I'm not much of a "stuff" person I have a hard time coming up with extrinsic rewards.

VicSin13
07-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Hey all!
I was thinking earlier today about some goals/rewards for myself and I am also having such a hard time with it! There isn't too much I really want and honestly my diet/healthy food costs a lot more than the food I normally buy for the rest of the house. (My boyfriend nearly choked when we were at $70 and only half way through ringing only my healthy groceries up)
So with the new eating habits being so costly even though I know its supposed to be inspiration/rewarding to spend on myself I am feeling selfish (I have two little girls and a boyfriend I would rather spoil) But I know I should have things I so FOR ME as I go through all this. 100-120 lbs of loss is a big goal for me, I could have done it sooner and had a lot less to lose but I could never find the motivation.
Even now, though I know in the long run my weight loss is going to be an Epic positive thing for me, my kids, and my boyfriend, the only reason I feel compelled to do it is because I don't want to be the fat bridesmaid in November of 2011 when my younger sister gets married.
BLAH this turned into a bit of a rant/emotional deluge and I am sorry but I think I am done....for now....I think LOL :devil:

mzitalian25
07-17-2010, 09:47 PM
So I just read all 3 pages of this post and was like I wanna be in their group! lol I think we all do the same thing yo yo back and fourth. I know for me personally I keep telling myself this is my last chance. I am doing weight watchers as well and today is my second day, HOWEVER i weighed in at 313 pounds and I am 5'6 :( Very depressing, this is the biggest I have ever been and am determined to lose 10 pounds a month every month until I get married in October of 2011. My cousin has done weight watchers for a little over a year and had went from a size 24 to 8 :) she does the meetings and all. she has copied stuff and mailed it to me and i have been doing the points aspect. The first thing I measured was tune for lunch yesterday I was shocked at how much 4oz actually was. My fiancee is great about cooking and fixing my lunch but i feel that holding myself accountable is measuring myself. i tried 50 million pound challenge in January and lost like 25 pounds in the first 3 weeks however cheated once then twice then forget about it, then i was like oh we go on a cruise in 3 weeks i will start again after. that was the first week of may....

sorry for my rant just giving you a little insight on myself to see if i can join, anyone in florida?

mzitalian25
07-17-2010, 09:48 PM
PS my ultimat goal is losing 150 pounds, but i was thinking the BIG REWARD should be a cruise, maybe some of us on here all together with our spouses ?

jj0383
07-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Hey ladies I just read all 3 pages and i'm on the same boat as all of you, I'm at my heaviest weighing 230 and being 5'5. I just had a baby well kinda he's 8months now but I just need someone to help motivate and talk to about how the weight thing is going. I've just started a food journal writing down everything I eat and excersing 5days a wk for about 30min. My goal is to reach 150 within the next yr or so, i'm hoping this time I'll stick to it and not cheat...i'm tired of being overweight. Sorry about just rambling.

PlaygroundLove
07-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Welcome, ladies!

VicSin- Agreed…healthy groceries are so much more expensive! The rewards don’t need to be expensive, though…what about something like a manicure or (as Courtney suggested) a few songs from iTunes?

Mzitalian- I was shocked about how much 4 ounces was too…I think I’d been eating at least double that every time I ate meat, haha.

Jj0383- How’s the food journaling going? I’ve been doing it for a bit now too…I think mostly it’s a good thing, but I’ve found myself getting a little obsessive- it throws me off when I eat something I don’t know the exact calorie count of (like if you go out to eat). I also understand what you mean about needing someone to keep you motivated…hopefully this site will help!

My weekend went surprisingly smoothly, but I really beat myself up at the gym. Everything is sore…hahaha. I also found out that there’s a pole dancing exercise studio near my house, so I’ve been trying to pluck up the courage to go check it out! I managed to forget about the scale over the weekend (mostly), but now I’m getting really curious. Only two days left until I can weigh in...

Sunshinenmysoul
07-18-2010, 04:48 PM
OK so I'm back from my weekend family get away and it was a BLAST! I was so surprised when I came back to see how many people posted on here!

I am surprised at how much I missed talking on here too and how much it really keeps me motivated. As far as food goes for the weekend...I didn't do so perfect but I was on a camping trip and I did watch what I ate for the most part. I did drink a little lol which is very fattening and had ONE hamburger.

The 1st day was the worst eating wise because I got a little um...intoxicated and starting eating sausage LOL and then was like oh crap...

The 2nd day I held it together and didn't drink any alcohol or eat anything bad at all to make up for the previous day.

Today we came back and I've done well again so I'm curious to see what my numbers will be on our Tuesday weigh in. I can't believe I have had the will power not to weight myself this long! We're doing amazing :-)

Smiling, I love itunes, but it gets really expensive so I figured it would be a great reward since I <3 music.

Glad to see everyone else here to and I'd love to talk to y'all so we can help encourage each other! I'm definitely a yo-yoer too and just want that part of me to be over with.

Playground You HAVE to try the pole dancing class so I can live vicariously through you hahaha. I would never have the courage so you've got to! I'm super curious about my weight and hope that I didn't completely screw myself this weekend by eating a few things I shouldn't have. It's so easy to get carried away. I need to go to the gym or do my video that's fo sho. I kept wishing I had internet at the cabin so I could see how you were doing lol! Glad you worked your butt off and it's so going to show up on the scale on Tues. Gotta think positive lol.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Don't ask why I referred to you as Playground instead of Dani lol!! Long weekend. I'm crackin' up.

PlaygroundLove
07-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Hahaha, I laughed when I read "Playground" too.

Anyway, I'm so glad to hear your trip went well! I wouldn't worry too much about going off plan over the weekend, as long as you get back on plan now- I guess if this is going to be a "lifestyle change" instead of a diet, we have to accept that not every day will be perfect- it's the overall progress that counts. Also, one hamburger and some beer doesn't sound too bad at all! If you're worried about calories from alcohol, try switching to a low-cal beer...I always drink Corona light, which only has 105 calories. That means that even if you had 5, it would still just be 525 calories...not the end of the world :)

As for the pole dancing class, I think I might make THAT one of my rewards- if I went now, I'd be worried about breaking the pole or something! So for now, I'm tentatively setting it as my reward for getting from "obese" to "overweight," which I'm hoping will be around Halloween. If I DO try it any sooner than that, I promise I'll let you know, hahaha.

Also, I'm with you- I was surprised when I realized just how much posting here helps hold me accountable. I feel like logging on is a nice safety net for when I'm considering making bad decisions!

VicSin13
07-18-2010, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=PlaygroundLove;3392672] I'd be worried about breaking the pole or something!QUOTE]

I am LOL lady, that is too funny! I feel the same way, I've wanted to get the Flirty Girl videos because they had a deal if you bought the videos you got the pole for $1 or something. Since we rent our Condo, I didn't think that it would be best to order something that needs to be screwed into the ceiling for ultimate stability. HA-HA I used to do the Carmen Electra Strip Aerobics videos all the time because I could sweat like a pig at a Luau or a Whore in Church but still not feel out of breath but since I haven't felt even a smidgen of sexy I kinda gave up on them, maybe I will take it back up once I feel a little lighter! ;)

Sunshinenmysoul
07-18-2010, 06:57 PM
LOL yeah I'm a little dorky sometimes so pay no attention haha.

Yeah I'm going to the gym in a little bit with my sister. I had to talk her into it by calling her a wuss haha. Lifestyle change is for sure it. So the fact that I still made some good decisions this weekend is a good thing! Thank you I feel better now lol. I drank Bud Light Lime...and I think it had like 116 calories or something. It was 2 points per beer according to Weight Watchers and I get 26 a day. I like doing shots anyway lol because beer takes too long to kick in and makes me full. With a shot you just do a couple real quick and you're buzzing like a cheap speaker. Hahaha. (Got that line from my mom and have been waiting to use it!)

The class sounds like tons of fun for reals. So you should do it at some point and making it a reward sounds like a plan! I'm so nervous about hitting my 15 lb. goal by Labor Day. I better kick it into high gear here!! Yeah, I think that now that I'm on this site I'm going to keep posting. It's such a help and we are a kick a$$ team. :D

PlaygroundLove
07-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Haha, yeah we are!

As for your goal...Labor Day is still 7 weeks away, which means if you lose 2 pounds a week (and one extra somewhere along the line), you'll be fine- that's totally doable! I started poking around the forums and noticed all the weight loss/exercise challenges there are...I think for added accountability I'm going to start taking part in some of those.

It's cool that you work out with your sister...are you close in age or weight? My older brother is training for a marathon so I went on a run with him the other day "for motivation"....worst mistake ever. I was dying and on the verge of tears and he was moving effortlessly (which makes sense- he runs like 18 miles every few days, and I think we ran 2, hahaha). He did say something that stuck with me, though. I wanted to take a break and we were near a hill and he goes, "If you stop at the bottom of a hill, you'll never get to the top. Keep going." I know he was talking about running, and I know this is totally cheesy of me, but I think that's pretty good life advice in general...

And speaking of things our family members say, your mom's "cheap speaker" line made me laugh out loud. I may have to use that from now on. I'm definitely a shot person too, I agree with you! It gets the job done quickly, hahaha.

VicSin- If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?
I've always been curious about those Carmen Electra videos...is most of the workout dancing? And does it ACTUALLY involve stripping? I'd be scared to try it- I have two left feet, which is the same reason I haven't tried zumba...

Sunshinenmysoul
07-18-2010, 10:58 PM
You're right. I've got time! My sister and I are NOT close in weight lol. Height yes, weight no. She's 5'4'' and 145. So she's only 10 away from my goal. She's cute lol. My husband is much more in shape than me so I can't keep up with him in exercise either. He's the same height as me too at is 160. Pretty muscley. :) I do think that is good advice and a guideline to go by in life. You have to keep pushing through when you want to give up or you'll never get anywhere.

My mom is freakin' hilarious. She comes up with some sayings sometimes that I'm just like...where do you get these things?

I would so love to be able to do a marathon at some point. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to with my knee, but who knows. Dancing will kick your butt though!! When we go out and dance I get tired and sore and sweat so I know I'm burning calories!

Close to weigh-in day!!! Excited!

jj0383
07-19-2010, 12:03 AM
Welcome, ladies!

Jj0383- How’s the food journaling going? I’ve been doing it for a bit now too…I think mostly it’s a good thing, but I’ve found myself getting a little obsessive- it throws me off when I eat something I don’t know the exact calorie count of (like if you go out to eat). I also understand what you mean about needing someone to keep you motivated…hopefully this site will help.

It's actually going really well..I'm hoping that with me writing everything I eat down that I'll eat only foods that are good for me and not bad ones since I'll have to write it down then feel as if I cheated myself or something like that. But yes, I've been lurking reading everyone's stories about their weight and it makes me believe that I can and will lose the weight over time.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-19-2010, 12:54 PM
I do a food journal as well. I think it's really helpful actually. I got one from Border's the bookstore and it has like daily tips and info and places for you to write what you ate and what time and your level of hunger.

It also had me write down in the beginning what emotion I was feeling when I ate and the eating environment. I found that sometimes I was eating because someone else around me was eating. Like, if they were having a sandwich and offered me one I'd have one just because they were even if I wasn't that hungry. Then it had me write down my post-meal thoughts. It's actually very helpful, especially if you're an emotional eater like me!!

JJ Canada
07-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi there Sunshinemysoul,

I too am doing WW at home. I started last wednesday and have been doing pretty good. My sundays are hard. It'd be great to share...have you checked out the WW at home thread? There doesn't seem to be alot of action there though. It's neat to see the responses that you get on the main page here. Good luck to you and may we all be an inspiration to one another:cheer:

PlaygroundLove
07-19-2010, 04:49 PM
SO CLOSE to weigh-in day! I'm going crazy, hahaha...how do people seriously only do this once a week?

I have so little motivation to go to the gym today- it's stormy outside and all I want to do is curl up in bed and watch things I tivoed, haha. I guess I'll suck it up and go to the gym anyway...

Have any of you guys thought about starting weight loss blogs? I've been thinking about it, but I don't know if I'd actually write in it. I guess it can't hurt, right?

mzitalian25
07-19-2010, 05:51 PM
I have thought about it but I think this is funner! Do any of you have a wii? if so i love wii fit and my walk it out and jillian michaels games, and they really do work :) I sit down at night during TV time and write out all my food for the next day to equal my points, right now I have 38 points! holy points right!!! haha i fee better about planning ahead and measuring and doing everything the night before so then tomorrow i know no matter what this i smy food and i portion it out throughout the day to last... i wanna weight myself too!!! I chose Friday mornings as my"pay day" i figured that is really my pay day for work but how rewarding it will be every frday to see my progress....
are you excercising on ww? I was told not to excercise the first week then read some posts on here that said wait until the 3rd week and try to get use to the points and food first, what are yalls thoughts?
i also was reading on here in the ww section about eating less points one day and more the next but still your same amount of points in a week...sorry i am rambling just trying to type everything i am thinking so i dont forget.
about the challenges lets on take one on and post our results :):carrot:

SmilingAtTheFuture
07-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Sunshine, have you tried yoga for your knee? While my knees are currently holding their own, a friend of mine who had a serious accident and who now has serious knee problems has gotten a lot of it under control with yoga. Now, I don't know what TYPE of yoga ('cause I'm kind of an idiot in that department), but it keeps her moving and living like she wants to.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Ahhh I know! It's tomorrow morning. I was feeling really positive about it all week and now I'm just nervous. If I don't see a drop I know I'll be seriously bummed. Grr. If I see a nice drop then I might keep up this one week weigh thing. Like...if I do it daily and see it fluctuate or don't see a drop I get depressed lol..but if you don't know what your weight is doing all week it keeps you on top of eating right and exercising so you DO see some results! For me anyways.

JJ yeah WW at home works for me!! I know how to do it all and the meetings are for support, which I feel I'm getting here on this site just fine and don't need to pay $12 a week for it!

I have been wanting to get a Wii but don't want to spend the cash!! The Wii fit looks so fun!! I'm doing the Labor Day Challenge. Lose a certain amount of weight by then. I chose 15 lbs. so maybe we can all get in on that in some way. Pick a goal and try to get to it and compare results at the end!

Smling: I was JUST talking to my mom about doing Yoga. She has super crazy anxiety lol so I told her we should try it together because it might help her stress and would be good for my knee. My knee is ok, but it's not great. If I do anything that has a lot of impact or even stand on it for a long time it starts hurting. Then it'll get better if I don't use it for a few days. But yeah yoga. I might be trying that soon.

PlaygroundLove
07-19-2010, 09:34 PM
I agree with you, I think maybe if the number tomorrow is significantly lower, I might switch to weighing once a week...I am a little worried about it, though- I decided to take tonight as my night off 'cause I brought work home with me and didn't end up finishing until a minute ago. So much for a last chance workout...haha. Still, I ate really well today, so hopefully the scale will show some sort of drop.

I like 15 pounds for the Labor Day Challenge...I think 15 is feasible- it's just about 2 pounds per week. I want to lose 15 pounds from whatever I weigh tomorrow by Labor Day. We can do this!

Hahaha, so I just made a ticker and got really excited, only to discover that I haven't been a member for long enough to post it yet. Booo.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I'm worried too. Fo reals. I hope I didn't mess it all up this weekend. Sometimes though I've noticed that when you've been doing good and eat a lot of calories it kind of spikes your metabolism and you lose still. I'm hoping that will be the case. That's happened in the past.

Ok we ARE going to lose 15 Labor Day. We have to keep working out. How many times a week are you working out and for how long? I'm doing like 4-5 times a week for about 45 min. to an hour each time.

Yeah I figured out the trick to putting your ticker up earlier than the 20 days but last time I posted how I got in trouble by someone. :-(

PlaygroundLove
07-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Haha, that's intense- I didn't realize it mattered too much if you weren't a spammer. I guess we'll just have to wait a couple more weeks...

As for working out, I'm doing about an hour 5-6 times a week...most days I go to the gym and run on this weird machine (not an elliptical) that I don't know the name of. It really hurts your thighs (in a good way) and it's kind of like the love child of an elliptical and a stairmaster...haha, sorry for the ridiculous description. I think that if we both keep working out and eating well, the 15 pounds should be easy!

Today for the first time since I started eating healthier, I started reaaaallly craving unhealthy food- I'm embarrassed to admit that I've basically been daydreaming about mac n cheese all day! Good thing I don't have any in the house. How are you doing food-wise since you got back from your trip?

Sunshinenmysoul
07-19-2010, 09:57 PM
I know right? I didn't realize it was such a big deal either, but that's ok. I'll wait my turn. :)

Hmm. I have no idea what machine you're talking about, but calling it a lovechild is no worse than my cheap speaker description haha. I want sooo bad to lose that 15 lbs. I'll be in the 180s!! Holy crap!! That would feel so amazing. I just asked my husband if I could have a body bugg for my anniversary present next month instead of a Coach purse...I think this means I'm really serious about this weight loss thing hahaha. He looked at me like I was crazy, but said ok.

Ahh! I know how cravings go. Chocolate is my weakness. I was soooo close this weekend to walking down to the little shop and buying a candy bar, but I didn't. I've been doing great on eating since we got back. Didn't go over my points at all. Tonight I cooked Meatloaf out of the Weight Watchers Cookbook and it was absolutely delicious. OHHH and I found the BEST loaded mashed potatoes. They're instant and only 80 calories and taste amazing. They're Betty Crocker loaded mashed potatoes. SO GOOD. I bought another Yoplait Smoothie bag today too haha. Us talking about it got me craving them.

Glad you're resisting temptation!!

jj0383
07-19-2010, 11:35 PM
I do a food journal as well. I think it's really helpful actually. I got one from Border's the bookstore and it has like daily tips and info and places for you to write what you ate and what time and your level of hunger.

It also had me write down in the beginning what emotion I was feeling when I ate and the eating environment. I found that sometimes I was eating because someone else around me was eating. Like, if they were having a sandwich and offered me one I'd have one just because they were even if I wasn't that hungry. Then it had me write down my post-meal thoughts. It's actually very helpful, especially if you're an emotional eater like me!!

I bought mine from boarders too, I had to write my stress level and hunger and all that plus I put an updated picture every month.

Everyone is so motivated and I love it...and willing to give advice and support.

I think I'm going try to lose the 15pounds by labor day also...just to see if I can push myself to do it and I'll have the support of everyone of you in here doing it to.

Oh has anywho tried the biggest loser for the wii...I've been thinking of buying it but I don't wanna spend the 40 if it's not worth it.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Yay! That's three of us now doing it! 15 lbs. let's go!

I think that's a really cool idea to put an updated picture each month to see your progress. I might start doing that. :-) I haven't tried Biggest Loser on Wii, but I have tried the videos and I love them.

OK sooooo today was weigh in day! I weighed in at 197.6. So I lost almost 1 lb. from last Tuesday. Wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it'll do. Especially after my weekend trip. I'm hoping to have lost 2 by next week! I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do the once a week weigh in thing yet. What do you think Dani? How did you do? I'm so curious! Get home so I can know haha!

6/30/10-203
7/6/10-201.8
7/13/10-198.6
7/20/10-197.7

I really need to step it up though. If I lose 1 lb. a week it's going to take me a year to lose all the weight I need to lose! I don't want it to take a year that's for sure. I'll keep my mind focuses on the 15 by Labor Day and go from there. 11.1 lbs. to go!

PlaygroundLove
07-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Hey, sorry! I had to work late today.

So I weighed in at 202, meaning I'm down 3 pounds! :carrot: I'm a little grouchy that I'm still in the 200's, but I'll take it, haha.

And I'm super glad to hear that your weekend didn't have any negative effects on your weight loss. A pound is great-- I'm proud of us!

So now that you've done your first week scale-less, what do you think...stick to weekly weigh-ins, or go back to daily? I can't decide...on the one hand, weekly is probably more rewarding. On the other hand, I'm super duper impatient! I think I won't weigh again till next Tuesday and I'll reassess then. Maybe slowly I'll become less scale obsessed.

I also like the "progress pictures" idea. Maybe I'll do one once every 10 pounds or something...

Also, going back to what you were saying last night about cravings- I'm obsessed with chocolate too, so I've been finding ways to incorporate it and still lose, haha. My 2 favorite things so far are Quaker's Mini Delights in Chocolate Mint (they're like, rice cake bites drizzled in mint chocolate) and Skinny Cow Double Fudge Brownie ice cream. A bag of the Mini Delights is 90 calories, and a whole container of the Skinny Cow is only 150. Mmmm, there's also chocolate pudding...

...okay, I have to stop talking about this, I'm getting too hungry :P

Sunshinenmysoul
07-20-2010, 06:15 PM
3 lbs! Holy cow that's awesome! We are pretty awesome I must say lol. Ok..so, we'll try one more week scaleless and see how we feel about it next week? I'm down for that again. I can't decide either right now. We only tried it once so doing it again is prob. the best idea.

A pic every 10 lbs. is a great idea. Which means I should prob. take one now so I can have to compare at 187. I'll have my husband take one tonight.

I love the 100 calorie chocolate covered pretzels too. Those are amazing. Today my husband came home from lunch and wanted fried okra....DUDE! I made him some and didn't eat ANY. I couldn't believe my will power haha. I freaking love fried okra. Ohhh chocolate pudding is good too. If I get the sugar free kind it's only 1 points on weight watchers.

Well, I'm going to my dad's house for dinner tonight. He's making shrimp and chicken alfredo...I don't know what to do lol! I'll have a small small small plate I suppose. WHAT DO I DOOOO?

PlaygroundLove
07-20-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm proud of you for saying no to the fried okra! It's 90x as hard to say no when it's right in your own kitchen.

Hmm...as for dinner at your dad's, what about a whole heap of veggies and a little bit of the alfredo? Also, would you feel comfortable telling him you're trying to watch your weight so he'll have food on hand that you can eat more of in the future?

I'm on a mission to figure out how to eat as much as is humanly possible and still stay under 1400 calories per day. The sandwich I'm eating right now was a great success--it's f*@&ing huge! Avocado, chicken breast, tomato, cheese, and veggie bacon...yummm.

PlaygroundLove
07-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Hey, also, I was just thinking...if you don't mind answering (I completely understand if you don't want to), what size are you? I'm a 14 right now, but I was reading stats for other people around my height and it amazed me how much variation there was! One of my best friends is pretty close to me in height and weight (maybe an inch taller and 10 pounds heavier) and we can share shirts, but she wears size 22 jeans-- go figure.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Well. The dinner was a success. I only had a small plate of food and he had the option of cheesecake (of course) and watermelon so I went with the melon. I think I did fine. I'm also going to the gym in a little bit so if I did go over my points I'll just burn it off.

I don't mind telling you at all! We are on a weight loss forum after all. I'm currently a size 16, and that's comfortably and a little baggy. I can fit a 14 but it's a little bit tight. I'm sure after I reach my Labor Day goal a 14 will fit just fine. That's what I've worn for as long as I can remember, but once I went up to 203 I went up to a 16 and I'm just not having that. Sizes def. do vary! I was reading on here about some people who weigh more than me, but wear a smaller size. It's crazy.

Here is something really sad. I was shopping at Kohl's and found a cute grey skirt for a job interview. I could have SWORN it said 16 and it was a little baggy, but fit ok. It was on clearance so I went ahead and got it and when I got home I noticed it was an 18. I almost had a full on nuclear melt down. I've also been looking at my photos of me in my bathing suit this weekend at my river trip and I look so TERRIBLE. I can't wait to lose weight now...it makes me sick.

I do that too with getting the most food for my points. Bananas are really filling and they're only 2 points. Also, there are some frozen smart ones meals that are only 3 points!! For a whole effing meal. That's pretty amazing if you ask me. I know I'm talking in the whole point lingo but you get the idea.

I seriously lol'd about the f***ing huge sandwich hahahaha.
Get it girl! LOL.

PlaygroundLove
07-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Hahahahah for some reason the "Get it girl!" after my sandwich comment made me laugh out loud.

I'm glad dinner went well, and I'm super proud of you for choosing the watermelon! I don't know that I would have been strong enough to turn down cheesecake, haha.

As for your Kohl's skirt, sizing can vary a lot by brand. I'm a comfortable size 14, and one of the tightest, most ill-fitting pairs of pants I own is an 18! I have no idea what's up with them. Still, I know it's hard to see a higher number than you're expecting. Man, I think it'll be the best day EVER when I buy a pair of pants in a single digit size.

Bananas don't fill me up for some reason...they're one of my favorite goods, and they're kind of dangerous for me- I sit down to have 1 and end up eating like 3. I agree with you though, the Smart Ones meals are great! Don't worry about speaking in points lingo- one of my housemates is on WW, so I'm pretty used to it. I just mentally convert- 1 point is usually roughly 50 calories.

How do you figure out points, by the way? Like, if you're out to dinner or somewhere where the number isn't readily available, how do you know?

Last night I ran myself into the ground at the gym, but it felt so good! I had taken the night before off, so I think I ran twice as hard. Hopefully my workout tonight will be equally good, although it's storming outside and it's killing all my motivation! How's your day going?

Sunshinenmysoul
07-21-2010, 07:00 PM
LOL. Well today is turning out to be a pretty crappy day. I do really great yesterday and have a total mental lapse today for some reason. I baked these brownies....hahahaha that's prob. all I need to say. They were out of the weight watchers cook book and are 3 pts. per brownie. Not too terrible for a brownie and all, but I've had 2 and ate a slice of pepperjack cheese....I don't even know where that craving came from. Anyway, so I have 5 points left for the day and so I guess all I get now is a Smart Ones and that's that.

NOW my dad invited me and my 2 sisters to go with him this weekend to San Antonio lol for a 3 day weekend. GEEZ. I'm getting invited to go on vacations left and right. He's paying so I'm cool with it. I'm just worried about screwing up again. I'm sure there won't be any drinking on this trip though so that will save me some stress.

For going to restaurants I use dwlz.com and it has like 2094380293840219834098 restaurants on there and you can click on whichever restaurant and it shows you the menu and how many points each thing is. So I take my iphone with me and connect to the website while there lol. If the rest. isn't on the site I go with a salad and baked potato that way I know what I'm getting.

I went to the gym last night and burned quite a few calories. So, that was good.

I should've never made those effing brownies. Fml.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-21-2010, 07:05 PM
The dwlz.com website also shows the calories for each item too. So, that's something you might be interested in. When you go to the site on the top click restaurants and then scroll down. They're all on there.

mzitalian25
07-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Hey ladies! Congrats on your weight loss!!! WAY TO GOOOO....any loss is a loss, so be proud! I do my first weigh in tomorrow morning, im excited and nervous! My cousin said that at her WW meetings they say its important to weigh the same time and day of every week, i am impatient like you as well. This was my first week and i weighed everything out to a tee and ate all my points. I will be starting excercise tomorrow but just my wii fit and bike riding for now. I am makeing a goal for this first week to get up earlier and do 30 minutes before breakfast and then 30 minutes after dinner :)
I have not tried biggest loser but love regualr wii fit (especially the hula hooping) (talk about a workout!!!! haha) and i was laughing too about your sandwich, for my breakfast i have a wheat bagel, 3 egg whites, 3 strips turkey bacon and a slice of fat free cheese YUM!!!! its 9 points BUT it is soooo filling so it lasts me longer.
Another trick I have learned is for example baked lays chips(i never ate chips before WW really) says serving size like 18 chips or 1oz, if you weigh out the 1oz you get more chips :) haha
pictures is a good idea monthly! i copied and pasted pictures of me and my fiancee, dog and little cousin (because i want kids) and put motivation in big letters and have put them in my binders for WW and on my mirrors and let me tell you IT HELPS!!!!
Sorry this is long! had to catch up, Im Tiffany by the way

mzitalian25
07-22-2010, 06:15 PM
why doesn't my picture show up and darn it i want a ticker!!! lol

PlaygroundLove
07-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Courtney- Thanks for the link to dwlz.com! It looks super helpful...I always freak out before going to restaurants 'cause I feel like I don't know what I'm eating, haha.

Don't guilt yourself too much about the brownies. You satisfied the craving at least, right? And from the sound of it, you didn't even go over your points. It's okay to have "mental lapses"--we're still relatively new to this. I think the important thing is to keep going anyway :) This week's been weird for me too..I swear, last night I was borderline fantasizing about high-calorie foods, hahaha. I was watching Food Network at the gym (okay, not the best idea I've ever had) and at one point it occurred to me that this is probably how 13 year old boys feel about the Playboy channel. Sigh.

Tiffany- I bet your weigh-in is going to go great! It sounds like you've done a good job of staying on plan, and you totally already HAVE been doing exercise. "Just wii fit and bike riding" still counts, y'know! I would bet that you're burning more than you think you are :D Your breakfast sounds so good! I'm not a morning person, so I'm pretty much perpetually running late to work and never have time to make anything...I usually end up just scarfing down Greek yogurt (mmm, Chobani) somewhere between tracking down my other shoe and applying eyeliner.

Also, to answer your question about the ticker, I think you need to have been a member for at least 20 days and have at least 20 posts. I can't wait to post mine, either!

Sunshinenmysoul
07-23-2010, 12:36 AM
No problemo. I think it's super helpful too! I used it today because I had lunch with my mom and she wanted to go to Golden Corral. A freaking buffet of all places for a dieter to go to lunch. BUT I did amazing. I had a piece of rotisserie chicken, green beans, steamed broccoli, and a SMALL serving of mashed potatoes (couldn't help myself on that one lol)

THEN I go to hang out with my 2 sisters so we can get pedicures and eat sushi(which is tasy and low in cals) and then I ended up at my dad's house singing all night lol. We're a musical family haha.

I leave tomorrow afternoon for my San Antonio trip. I think I'll have internet access at the hotel this time so I'll get on and keep you updated on my eating habits so I can stay accountable lol. They have a pool there so I plan to get in and swim laps for exercise.

ALSO I wanted to ask you something. I kind of want to weight before I go on this trip and then when I get back to see the diff. Do you mind if I break the Tuesday weigh and check it tomorrow? It's purely for experimental purposes lol to see if I gain on the trip.

I was supposed to go to the gym tonight...but like I said...singing at my dad's house until like...11:00 p.m. So I screwed myself over there. Once we get started though there's no stopping us haha.

Btw, that's why I made those brownies the other day cause I was daydreaming about chocolate hahaha. So I got the WW cookbook out and started going mmmmm and made them. I only had one today LOL. So, much better!!

Are you going over your calories at all? You need to get on my a$$ about the gym thing too lol. I need to GO every day and no excuses. Not even my favorite thing in the world (singing) can get in the way.

OHH ok I know I'm writing forever, but tell me if you agree. One big milestone for me will be when I can wear Forever 21 shirts and pants/skirts. They only go up to a large so I can only buy shirts from there that are stretchy :-( I want to be able to buy the cute stuff and not be stuck with stretch shirts that are ill fitting. Any stores like that for you?

mzitalian25
07-23-2010, 09:02 AM
So my first weight in was this morning, and I have not started excercising yet (today will be day one ) and I weighed in at 307.00!!!!! YAY!!!! and I lost a point, haha So I am down 6 pounds. This next week my goal is 8 pounds to be uder 300. I know that I have a larger goal than you gals BUT its just as hard and doesnt just melt off :( As far as sweets, I have the apple cinnamon rice cakes which are delish every day, 8 of them is 1 point :) ad the i made a WW recipe of no bake pumpkin spice cheesecake- OMG its 4 points but is sooo good and I dont eat it everyday (shawn does lol)

Have a great weekend on your trip and remember this little quote when eating :)

"There is nothing you can't have tomorrow so there is no reason to eat it all today" :)

If you ladies like meatloaf try WW Mexican Meatloaf, its to die for!

Sunshinenmysoul
07-23-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm glad you've lost 6!! Congrats!! I didn't know those rice cakes were 8 for a point. That's awesome. I'm for sure getting some. I freaking love pumpkin anything so I bet that cheesecake is awesome. Unfortunately, I don't trust myself enough to make one yet after my bad experience I just had with the brownies. Once I feel like I have my eating under control a little better I'll make one and you'll have to give me the recipe.

I'm sure this weekend will be phenomenal! I'm just worried about all the eating out we'll prob. be doing. I'm going to take my own snacks and such to try to help that out.

I love the quote! Thank you! I tried the WW Spicy Meatloaf the other night and it was really delicious. My mom didn't like the thyme in it, but I thought it was excellent and only 6 points for a big ol' piece. Good luck this week losing more! I know you'll reach your goal!

Dani, since I'll prob. be gone before you get off work today I went ahead and weighed before my trip and I'm 195.6. So 2 lbs. since Tuesday! Like I said, I'm only doing this to see if I gain over the trip. I'll have internet access this weekend so I'll talk to you later this evening I think!! Bye and if I don't have internet keep up the good work! :-)

mzitalian25
07-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Thank you! I am very encouraged! however I just realized my wii fit says it has a wegith limit of 300lbs (this is the biggest i have been and only in the last month) so shawn brought up a great idea, we are going to do the dancing with the stars workout video all week then wii fit next week :)
Do you have a WW calculator? Bring it everywhere! And suggest appleby's because they have WW items on their menu :)
something i read in my WW stuff is that if you go out to eat then automatically ask for a to go box when they bring your food and cut everything in half :) hey leftovers for later!!!
my cousin also suggested writing down things you typically eat out on a index card ahead so you have an idea of portions and points
have a great weekend and talk to you later and I have PLENTY of WW recipes and find more everyday...

tonight i am making broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken (i can have 2) then i am going to mix macaroni(1 cup), broccoli (1cup)and butter (2tbs) together and then 1 cup of apple sauce :) YUMMO!!!! :D

PlaygroundLove
07-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Hey guys, I'm about to head out so I don't have time for a long response right now (I'll respond sometime later tonight, I promise!) but I just wanted to say:

1) 6 pounds in a week is freaking awesome, Tiffany! :carrot:

2) Hahaha, no need to apologize for weighing yourself, Courtney! I would've wanted to know before I left for a trip, too. And speaking of trips...

3) HAVE FUN!

PlaygroundLove
07-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Courtney, I completely agree about Forever 21 shirts! I think it's not so much a specific STORE I'm looking forward to...it's more like having the ability to buy something because it looks hot, not just because it fits. I am kind of obsessed with the clothes at Modcloth (I still can't link 'cause it hasn't been 20 days, but you can google it), though. They do carry bigger sizes, but I'd rather not wear it till I'm closer to goal.

Based on your last post it seems like you're really close with your family, which is awesome! Are they a good support system for you when it comes to losing weight? I'm super close to my family as well, but....kind of lacking in support from them. I'm totally the black sheep when it comes to health- my brothers are both training for marathons and my dad's got solid abs at age 57. Instead of them being supportive, it's been more like "why did you even get fat in the first place? and why isn't the weight coming off faster?" They mean well, but those comments aren't very helpful.

So I brought home a TON of work from the office this weekend, so to break up the monotony and compensate for the fact that I won't get to go out at all, I decided to cook a different healthy recipe for every single meal. I'll let you know how the culinary adventures go!

To answer your question about exceeding calories, that hasn't been a problem *yet*, but in the past what seems to happen with me is that I'm super on-plan (and not even craving bad food) for like the first month and then, out of the blue, I cave. And once I cave, somehow "just one Hershey's bar" turns into a prolonged bingefest. I've noticed that that always happens at almost EXACTLY the same weight- 189 pounds. 189 is the lowest I've been since the beginning of college, so once I hit that point I get cocky and stop pushing myself. That said, my biggest goal for now is to just break through the barrier and get down to 188. If I can make it past 189, then I'll know that I can stick with this. What usually makes you fall off the bandwagon?

Also, how are you doing with exercise? Are you still doing the video, or have you been going to the gym more?

Sunshinenmysoul
07-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Yeah my family is amazing. I actually just moved back to Houston from St. Louis in May. I lived in St. Louis while going to college for 4 years so I've been missing them! We've been spending a lot of time together to make up for the last 4 years!! I only got to visit maybe twice a year so it's nice to be home!

They are completely supportive. Mostly because we are just a family who has to watch everything you put in your mouth or you'll gain 20 lbs. over night. My mom recently lost 20 pounds on Jenny Craig and is lookin' smokin' lol. My dad also has lost weight. So, they know how it is and are helpful. My step dad did order pizza tonight and I only had one slice (6pts) cause that's all I had left!!

I understand about the clothes thing. I know girls who are like this is sooo cute! I'll get it in a small and they don't even try it on. They just know it'll look awesome on their body. I want that kind of convenience and security lol.

I have the EXACT SAME issue as you!! I lose a bunch of weight and go die hard in the beginning and then I slip a little...and a little more...until before I know it I'm not exercising or eating right and I'm back to eating chocolate bars every day and fast food every day. I think I said this, but not so long ago I was eating out for every meal. It's shameful!! When I say every, I mean every. Then late at night when I got the munchies I'd go to the convenience store and get a candy bar and a bag of chip and a regular soda. NO WONDER I GOT FAT! DUH!

Well, the exercise vid was amazing, but it started hurting my knee so I'm taking a break from it and doing low impact machines at the gym like the elliptical and bike and etc. My sister is the one with the gym pass so I'm on her schedule which sucks. We were supposed to go tonight, but she was too tired so now I can't go. So when I get back from vacay I'm going to sign up for my own membership I think.

I am so going to push you past 189! You are not stopping this time and neither am I! We are going to look amazing.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-23-2010, 11:48 PM
By the way, I've seen the Modcloth site and some of their dresses are so freakin adorable and vintage! I'm checked them out too, but their biggest size has the measurements and I know it wouldn't fit. Especially the chest area.

PlaygroundLove
07-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Sooo I caved and weighed myself today too (sorry! I got curious after yesterday...hahaha) and GUESS WHAT?

I'M OUT OF THE 200S!!!! I weighed in at 199.4 :D

The bad news is (uhh, sorry this is way TMI) I also started my TOM today, which means that I'm going to be gross and bloated and probably not lose any weight for the next few days. I think that means I won't weigh myself on Tuesday--I'll weigh myself sometime later next week, whenever it ends. Is that okay? Hahaha.

Re: eating fast food every day, I COMPLETELY understand. Last year I lived on my own for the first time, and I was

a) too lazy to cook and
b) knew no one would see me eating a ton (because I lived alone), so I would just bring home obscene amounts of fast food and eat that for pretty much every meal. I'm kind of disgusted when I look back on it...you're right, it's like "well no WONDER I'm fat!"

Also, I agree with your statement- we ARE going to look amazing...and no way in heck are we stopping. Have you noticed any changes in your appearance yet, or not really so far? I don't think my belly looks any different, but suddenly I have collar bones and wrist bones that I haven't seen in a longggg time! I guess that's a good sign...

Hope you're having fun in San Antonio!

AmandaW
07-24-2010, 02:26 PM
To answer your question about exceeding calories, that hasn't been a problem *yet*, but in the past what seems to happen with me is that I'm super on-plan (and not even craving bad food) for like the first month and then, out of the blue, I cave. And once I cave, somehow "just one Hershey's bar" turns into a prolonged bingefest. I've noticed that that always happens at almost EXACTLY the same weight- 189 pounds. 189 is the lowest I've been since the beginning of college, so once I hit that point I get cocky and stop pushing myself. That said, my biggest goal for now is to just break through the barrier and get down to 188. If I can make it past 189, then I'll know that I can stick with this. What usually makes you fall off the bandwagon?

Also, how are you doing with exercise? Are you still doing the video, or have you been going to the gym more?

I know EXACTLY what you mean about that number! It seems like when I hit 230/229 (the lowest number I remember being in recent years, though I know 9 years ago when I started dating my husband/was in highschool I was about 215) epic fail happens. In all my efforts I've never gone below 228 without creeping back up. I recently completed a loss program and got to 233, and with healthy eating, regular activity, and getting sick in the last week I weighed in at 229.2 this morning. I am NOT letting me creep back up. I am pushing myself below it! When I see 225, I'll be stoked and know I've broken the 229 hurdle.

AmandaW
07-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Hi Courtney! Good luck with your goals.. I'm new here also and always looking for inspiration buddies, I'd be happy to exchange emails :)

PlaygroundLove
07-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Wow, congratulations, Amanda! Getting down to 229 is awesome...and I KNOW you're going to push way past it this time. That's what we're here for ;)

AmandaW
07-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanks! While I was replying in various places here, I realized one more pound will put me at 30 pounds lost from my highest last October! Most of it was in the last couple of months though.. If I can hit that milestone, I have all faith in myself to keep going.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Hey I'm in San Antonio so this is going to be short until I can fully reply tommorow night but I want to say I am so proud of you for getting out of the200s. Talk to you soon!

PlaygroundLove
07-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Thank you! Enjoy the rest of your trip :)

Sunshinenmysoul
07-25-2010, 07:53 PM
OMG! I had the best time ever. I'm sad to be back lol. I found the coolest effing store called Del Sol. You buy their shirts and they look plain and black and white inside and when they are in the sun they change colors. It's so cool. I bought 2 and a flower for my hair that's white inside and yellow in the sun. I don't know how they do it but I'm hooked now.

I did AMAZING on eating well. We went to the Six Flags theme park and ate there and I got a salad and green beans lol. For snacks I had low cal beef jerkey and fruit. Then we ate at IHOP and I ordered 2 pancakes and a bowl of fruit. The only bad thing I ate was last night at Dick's (a restaurant) and had steak and shrimp and 2 margaritas.Yikes! :-( If you haven't heard of Dick's you need to. It's hilarious! The waiters are mean to you and are literally dicks lol. They have to be. This one waiter was moving through the crowd of people and said to this lady, "Hey! Move with your ugly purse!" THEN they put hats on you that say things that make fun of you lol( I know this place sounds humiliating but after you've had a few drinks you're crackin up. My sisters said "future hooters girl" and mine said "I've made more home movies than Paris Hilton" I couldn't stop laughing lol.

Anyway, I had a great time and it's totally cool if you wait to weigh yourself. I would and will do the same thing when I have mine. I'm so happy you're out of the 200s! That's so awesome. I'll be weighing myself Tuesday to see if I gained or lost any weight since my trip. I hope that me doing well during the day and only eating one bad meal will help me out. Plus we did a crapload of walking around the city and at the theme park.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-25-2010, 07:53 PM
By the way, I can't really tell a huge difference appearance wise, but I did notice that my clothes are fitting a little better now. So that's good.

PlaygroundLove
07-26-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm so glad your trip went well! We don't have any Dick's around here, but now I really wanna find one...it sounds hilarious, haha.

I'm also super proud of how well you ate! You're definitely stronger than I am when it comes to "real world situations." I don't trust myself much at restaurants, so now I'm that annoying picky eater who packs their own food whenever possible. Eventually, hopefully, I'll be able to make good choices without needing to neurotically weigh everything out first...

Remarkably, I don't feel bloated or gross at all, so I decided to go ahead with our Tuesday weigh-in tomorrow...I have a good feeling about it! I think it's going to be a good week for both of us.

Also...I don't wanna jinx it, BUT I think next time I go shopping I'm going to try a pair of size 12s. My 14's are literally falling off of me....even with a belt. This is definitely a new thing, haha. I guess maybe I'm making more progress than I thought! I bought a tape measure, so I decided to start tracking inches too. I don't know how often you're supposed to measure really, though, do you? I imagine inches come off slower than pounds.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-26-2010, 05:56 PM
LOL yeah Dick's is interesting to say the least! I tried to post a picture but nothing was showing up.

I was being very conscious of what I was eating that's for sure and mid-meal at Dick's I was like aw crap. I shouldn't have had those fried shrimp. Oh well. One bad meal on vacation isn't the worst that could have happened.

That's awesome your 14's are falling off! I wish mine were! I think I must lose weight in my stomach the slowest unfortunately. Dude have you thought about the fact that you've lost 16 lbs.! Makes much more sense you'd go down a size when you look at it that way! That's amazing. I'm kind of dreading weighing tomorrow. I haven't exercised at all, except the whole walking around for hours in the Texas heat thing. That might have helped me out.

I've never been a measurer, but I would say maybe every 2 weeks or something like that. That makes the most sense in my mind anyway, which isn't saying much lol.

It's so crazy for me to go from having to weigh every day to being scared to weigh in lol. I need to find some equilibrium here! I do have to remember though that I shouldn't be looking for a difference from Friday, but a difference from last Tuesday. That way if I haven't lost much from my Friday weigh-in in won't be bad because I can look at my OVERALL weight change from the whole week. Let's cross our fingers for some good numbers!!

PlaygroundLove
07-27-2010, 07:25 AM
Quick update 'cause I have to run to work: I randomly woke up really sick and I look all puffy and gross...no weigh-in 'till I look like a human being. Good luck with yours!!

Sunshinenmysoul
07-27-2010, 12:16 PM
LOL well hey you know your body better than anyone else! Wait until you're comfortable! I was terrified to weigh in this morning. I just knew I had gained 2 lbs. or something. BUT I am 195.3 so that means I lost .3 lbs. I'll take it! SO total from last Tuesday I've lost 2.4 lbs. That's awesome! I'm so happy! Going to the gym today and I'll talk to you this evening!

PlaygroundLove
07-27-2010, 05:41 PM
First off, congratulations!! I knew it was going to be a good week. And I'm still super impressed that you managed to lose while you were in San Antonio...I think most of us wouldn't have done nearly as well. Also, how are you feeling about once weekly weigh-ins....are you keeping, or switching back to daily? I actually think I like it, BUT I just joined a challenge (the Alternachicks Halloween challenge) that requires you to weigh in on Sundays, so I'm changing my weigh-in day from Tuesday to Sunday.

Okay, now for my update....disclaimer: TMI

Sooo right after I wrote that I randomly threw up....and then felt totally fine afterward? I have no idea wtf happened. I ate a frozen meal last night from a brand I'd never tried before (Amy's), so I'm thinking maybe it made me sick? Anyway, whatever happened, I was 100% normal afterward. So I weighed myself just now, after having eaten breakfast and lunch and rehydrated and whatnot, and....196.4! That means I'm down 6 pounds from last week--holy sh**. Where did it go?? Hahaha. I feel like I eat a lot, but I guess I've been working out really hard too...Still, I know you only lose this fast at the beginning of a diet- I'm sure my weight loss will slow soon.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Thank you!!! I'm pretty stoked about it myself. I can't believe you've lost 6 lbs in a week! The most I've ever lost while dieting in a week is 5 lbs. so you got me beat! I am surprised that I actually like weighing in once a week as well. You get to see that bigger gap in your weight and feel better and more confident!! So, I'm going to stick with once a week.

What do you do for the Halloween challenge? I like that we're doing this together and it's really helping me stick to this more than you know!! So, since you're switching to Sundays I'll go ahead and switch too.

That's super weird about you getting sick, but at least you felt fine afterward. When you feel sick throwing up usually helps. I've found that I can't take vitamins because they make me sick. I tried taking One-a-Day Women's and it made me soooo nauseous and throw up. I thought maybe I was just sick so I took them again the next day and it happened again. Needless to say, I stopped taking them.

As for your weight loss slowing down...live in the moment and enjoy the 6 lbs. a week while you got it!! That's soooo awesome. I worked out at the gym today and did double the time on the elliptical that I usually do. It feels good. I burned 350 cals. on that one machine alone!

I only need to lose 8.7 lbs. to reach my 15 lbs. before Labor Day goal! How bout you?

PlaygroundLove
07-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Sooo I'm an idiot and forget how much I weighed when we "officially" started the Labor Day thing, but I think it was 202...which means that as of today, I need to lose 9 more pounds to make it to my Labor Day goal.

As for the Halloween challenge, there are 14 weeks left until Halloween (well, 14 weeks minus 1 day--it's on a Monday this year). My goal by then is to be "overweight" instead of obese (ugh, I hate saying that), which means I need to lose 27 pounds by then--totally doable, that's less than 2 pounds a week. You're welcome to join if you want! Go to the Alternachicks subforum...it should be one of the first threads.

It's funny that you mentioned getting sick with one a days...they made me SUPER sick too! Now I eat gummy vitamins (hahaha, don't judge me, they're adult formula!) and I never get sick at all. Maybe it's just something about one-a-days....

Also, I'm glad to hear that sticking together is helping you! It's realllly helping me, too. I haven't told any of my friends (or even my family) that I'm trying to get healthier, so without you I would pretty much be doing this alone. You have no idea how much I appreciate the support and motivation :)

Sunshinenmysoul
07-28-2010, 11:37 AM
LOL that's ok. Sometimes when I post on other threads I forget what my weight was that day so on some it says yay I way 195.3 and others it's 195.4 or something. That's awesome though. 9 is doable too.

I think I will jump on the Halloween challenge. My birthday is October 24th so it would be nice to be out of the obesity category by my birthday! My friend from Illinois is coming to Texas to visit me then too for her vacation. So that would be cool too to have lost weight and she'll be like wtf?! For me to be out of the obese category by Halloween I need to be 174. So I need to lose 21.3 lbs. If I keep doing my WW and keep exercising I think I can accomplish that. I kind of what to accomplish that goal by my birthday. That is more motivating for me.

What is the brand of gummy vitamins? I need something! I'm not ashamed to take gummy vitamins! I used to LOVE the Flinstone's Vitamins when I was a kid lol.

For some reason I got that urge back today to want to weigh in really bad. I'm not going to do it though! I think it's because I know I ate really well yesterday and kicked my a$$ at the gym. I'll be waiting til Sunday though. That's only 4 days.

It REALLY does help me. Fo sho. My mom, sister, and husband know I'm trying and I update them on Tuesdays (now Sundays) on my progress. Seriously though this is the longest I've ever stuck with it. I usually HATE exercising. I'll start out exercising then I'll just be like F it. I know I can't do that though and can only be successful (in the time frame I want) if I exercise and eat right and you're helping me stay on track! When I hear you kicked your a$$ at the gym and I didn't go I feel guilty and I'll go and work hard haha.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-28-2010, 11:38 AM
yay I way

Uhhh. That's not how you spell way? I'm an idiot. Hahaha.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-28-2010, 04:07 PM
This is a test to see if I can figure out how to add photos to a post!!

This is at a St. Louis Cardinals game with my best friend Katy. This is me at my heaviest. BLAH! (I'm on the right)

This is my and my friend Chelsie on New Years of 07. That's the thinnest and I was around 145-150ish

This is our engagement photos. I was like....188. I always go up and down. GRR.

Finally this is my wedding dress! It was a corset back dress so it sucked me in! LOL.

Hope this works! I think you click on them to make them bigger.

JJ Canada
07-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Well Sunshine, it worked. You are beautiful and look so happy in all of your photos. I keep following your posts since we joined the same day and your posts are uplifting and very easy to read. It's great that you found a weightloss buddy right away, it keeps you so motivated and goal oriented(or so it seems in your posts to each other) Keep up the great work!

PlaygroundLove
07-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Haha JJ, it's funny that you mentioned that you've read all of them- JUST before logging on I randomly started wondering whether or not anyone else is actually following this thread. Thank you for answering my question :)

Courtney, your wedding dress was absolutely stunning! And I second what JJ said, you look beautiful and happy in all of the pictures, regardless of weight.

I think 21.3 pounds by your birthday is completely doable...that's still less than 2 pounds a week, which you can definitely do if you stay on plan. I'm super excited for us!! I would kill to wear a cute Halloween costume and not look like a giant blob in it.

My big motivator for the time being is actually pretty far off--I'm setting my sights on the week of Thanksgiving. I leave for school next week and then I pretty much won't see my family (or anyone from my hometown, really) until I come home for fall break, which is the 3rd week of November. My town hosts a bigggg football game every Thanksgiving, and EVERYONE shows up (that's what I get for living in the middle of nowhere, haha). I want to show up at the game and give people something to talk about. There are 17 weeks between now and then, which means I can healthily lose 34 pounds. I *need* to stay on plan between now and then!

This is the longest I've ever stuck with it too...and I totally hear you on feeling guilty when you read the other person's posts, haha! If I read that you're doing really well with your videos, I feel compelled to go out there and do my best, too. It's nice to have someone to share the victories with when we both do well :) I think eventually I'll tell my family and friends, but as dumb as it sounds, I want to lose more weight first. I feel like I always TELL them I'm losing weight, then fall off the wagon-- and then I feel like I've let them down. This time, I'm not going to say anything until I've proven to myself that I'm in it for the long haul.

Oh, and I checked the brand of gummies- they're Vitafusion Multi-Vites. SO GOOD. I secretly look forward to eating them every day, hahaha.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Thank you sooo much! I loved that wedding dress. My family (the girls anyway) went with me to pick it out and it was one of the moments ya know like....I tried all these other ones on and we were like aw that's cute or ohh pretty...but when I came out with that one on everyone went nuts and was like THAT IS THE DRESS! Such a fun experience. I am disappointed that I was my heaviest when I got married, but hey it's ok.

I seriously lol'd at your costume blob comment. I always call girls who were skimpy outfits slutty lol but I'd kill to look hot in one too. The time will come! don't you worry!

I was actually going to ask you today if there were any motivators for you to lose weight other than health and looking cute...like is there anyone in particular you want to show "HEY LOOK WHAT I DID!" I know I do. It's my mother in law. She's always so evil (was in the past anyway) I'd tell her I would be losing weight and she'd say well you keep saying that but it just seems like you keep getting fatter. No joke!! SO I want to get thin (thinner than her) and be like BAM BIOTCH!

I always tell everyone too and do the same as you. I get all excited and tell the world how good I'm doing then I screw up. I ALWAYS do that...even though I'm doing better this time I just can't keep my mouth shut lol. I'm really surprising my husband this time though. I always tell him "I'm really gonna do it this time!" He's always supportive, but after 40 times of saying that he's getting a little apprehensive. He's surprised I've stuck with it this long and is excited for me. I'm excited too and I just feel it this time that I'm going to do this. That fact that I keep losing each week doesn't hurt either with the motivation lol.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-28-2010, 07:45 PM
By the way, thank you JJ! I'm very happy. I am unhappy about my weight, but I try not to let if get to me too much. After all I am working on fixing that issue! Thanks for the encouragement and compliments. :-) I'm glad I found Dani too! She's the shiz.

PlaygroundLove
07-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Wow, your mother-in-law sounds like she can be a bit of a witch. I can't wait to see you prove her wrong!

I have lots of motives...some are good, some not so much. A big one is actually the Peace Corps- I'm just finishing my application now, and I know that there's pretty rigorous medical check-ups involved before they let you go...they don't want anyone who could potentially pose ANY kind of health problem to go. Obviously, being overweight might be a significant problem, so in order to make my dream come true I have to lose quite a bit.

As far as "evil motivations," I don't really want REVENGE against anyone, but I don't want to be the fat friend anymore. I feel like whenever we're getting ready to go out, my friends are always like "ahhh that looks so hot...can I borrow that dress sometime? Man, you look AMAZING!" to each other, then they turn to me and they're like "oh...yeah....that's...cute," in a really patronizing tone of voice. They're gorgeous girls, so whenever we go out they end up with guys all over them and I...become invisible. I guess I just don't want to be invisible.

That, and I've secretly had a thing for my brother's best friend since I was 11 (yeah, a full DECADE), and he kind of has a thing for me too...but I think the weight thing has always stopped me from doing anything about it. He just moved away so I won't see him until around New Year's, so secretly I'd love to have a slammin' body and make his jaw drop the next time I see him. Maybe then he'll finally get up the guts to kiss me...

Oh my god, I sound like a 14 year old. Pretend that didn't happen, hahaha.

Mandaloef
07-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Hey, you said you like chocolate. I'm on weight watchers as well and I found a great smoothie recipe that fills my chocolate cravings and it's fairly low in points. I take 1 banana (2 points), 1 cup FF milk (2 points), and 2 tbs Hersey's sugar free (not light, the light actually has more points) chocolate syrup (0 points), and a small handful of ice and throw it in the blender. The whole thing is only 4 points and it's pretty filling and plus you get a fruit serving and a milk serving in while satisfying your chocolate craving. Give it a try and let me know if you like it. If you don't like bananas then you could just make a plain chocolate shake for only 2 points! I have a banana thing so that doesn't quite cut it for me :).

JJ Canada
07-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Hey Playground,

YOU GO GIRL!!!and turn that guys head around a few times when you see him again!!!:cheers:
I'm rooting for ya!

PlaygroundLove
07-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Hahaha, JJ, that made my night. Thank you!

My name's Dani, by the way :)

Sunshinenmysoul
07-28-2010, 08:48 PM
That's cute though!! I've known my husband since we were 14 and he was my first love. We broke up a few times throughout high school and got back together for good at 18 and it's been mostly happily ever after ever since lol.

Well, I also have aspirations to become a singer lol. For realsville. SO I know that I don't have a marketable image at the moment. Therefore, I'm working on it. Everyone says you should do this and that and I'm thinking yeah that would all be good and well if I lost about 70 lbs. I'm on my way though and then I'm going to give it a shot. At least if I try I won't feel like I never attempted to follow me dream when I'm older. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work and I have a degree to fall back on. BUT I'm going to try my hardest to make this one come true.

JJ Canada
07-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Well good luck to you both, and myself, I have been happily married for 14 years. Makes me sound really old...but i am only 34 and young at heart;) I'll be checking back in often!!

mzitalian25
07-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Hey ladies!!! Sorry I have not been around but I just read everything in the last week and WAY TO GO GIRLS!!!! See you were amazed at my 6 pound weight loss and look you did it too!!! Feels great right???
Tomorrrow is my second weigh in and im excited and nervous! I so bad want to be under 300 pounds for good! At the same time I didnt start excercising this week so if im not its my own fault. Being larger than you ladies I am more concerned with mastering the points with WW than toning up and getting in the gym.
I have a very solid build and am not flabby at all and did weightlifting for 4 yrs in HS so I dont need any extra muscle! lol. Once I get to 299 pounds I will start my wii fit then My first goal is 10% which is 31.3 pounds total. I think Halloween sounds like a great plan! Your birthday is the same as my aunt's! Next year on your bday I will be on my honeymoon!
Seeing your wedding dress got me sooooo excited. I wanted to buy my dress first however now that I am losing this weight it will be an even bigger reward to buy it last in a wayyyy smaller size :) My mom, grandmother, aunts and Maid of Honor will go to help me pick mine exactly for your reason, so they can all have that wow factor on one dress. The one I like picture wise is pretty similar to your bottom however the top is different and is a halter.

Enough about the wedding! Weekly weigh in's are great for me. I sooo badly wanna get on the scale every couple days but it is more rewarding for the larger weight loss I would say :) Well I know this was long as all mine usually are however its been forever it seems since I came on here since this week has been crazy busy!

Any exciting plans for yall's weekend?

PlaygroundLove
07-29-2010, 05:33 PM
MZ- I'm sure the weigh-in will go great...and it sounds like you're pretty darn close to getting into the 200's. I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

Also, 31.3 pounds by Halloween sounds totally doable :) I'm hoping that if we stay on plan, all of us will reach our Halloween goals!

How far before a wedding does one buy the dress, anyway? Seems like you ladies know a lot more about this than I do...hahaha. All the wedding talk is making me wish I were getting married!

Courtney- That's such an awesome goal! Do you play an instrument too, or do you mostly stick with vocals? Also, what kind of music would you want to sing? I feel like that must be really good motivation!

JJ- 34 is NOT old! I find that the older I get, the older my definition of "old" gets...currently I think it's somewhere around 85, hahaha.

As for me, today was a super exciting day for THREE reasons:

1) I work for a fairly powerful, well-connected guy and I never thought he really noticed how hard I worked. Today he called me into his office and told me that I was the best intern he had ever had, and then offered to "make a call" to get me my dream job--he's close friends with the president of the place I was hoping to work at once I graduate college. HOLY SH**!! I think I almost hugged him.

2) Cute Co-worker Guy asked me out today! Ahhhh! I'm not sure I'll say yes (long story), but I'm still super flattered that he asked, hahaha.

3) My boss said she'd bring lunch to the office, but didn't say what it would be. Usually she brings pizza and salad, or a variety of sandwiches or something, so I didn't bring any of my own food and banked on just sticking with the "healthy option." Instead, she walked in carrying 3 huge boxes of pizza and nothing else. I freaked out--it was the first time I had eaten anything "bad" since I started eating healthily, and pizza's a major trigger food for me--but then something amazing happened: I ate two slices and....stopped. Because I was satisfied. And then I didn't want anymore. I know it sounds dumb, but it felt like a major victory.

Sorry this message was so long! Just had to share. How's your day going?

Sunshinenmysoul
07-29-2010, 05:44 PM
MZ- Thanks about the dress and I'm sure you'll have that moment too and don't settle on a dress until it happens! I was getting so sad that I'd never find anything that looked good and then there it was! I wasn't even going to try it on either. My mom goes what about this and I was getting so frustrated I just go FINE! LOL and it was the one!

JJ- 34 is def. not old however I turn 24 in a few months and I hate to say this but I'm freaking out. I know it's a random number and has nothing to do with anything, but it's just creeping slowly toward 30 and I don't know why that scares me so much.

DANI- That's so freaking awesome. I've been looking for a job for months now and have been on interviews and I'm getting nothing. :-( So for you to have that kind of hook up is a big deal. Trust me!!

SLAP YO BOSS IN THE FACE! I'm glad you have will power though!!! That's awesome.

I sing mostly country (just because it's what my voice is best suited for) but I can do some pop type stuff. I play the piano and guitar as well. Not nearly as well as my husband, but decent. Our children will prob. be musical geniuses lol. Jk jk. Anyway, yeah it's a great motivation and I'm really going to give this my all. I'm going to do a karaoke contest with my dad tonight. He's an amazing singer. He used to be the lead singer in an 80s hair band. Makeup and all. I have photos and it IS ridiculous lol. So it should be fun. I'm pretty broke so maybe we'll win some money lol.

My dad is hiring me a vocal coach to help me out and work on a few things and she's coming this Saturday to hear me sing and all that. Sorry I'm talking about it a lot, but it's my <3 and I can't wait to get started. Everyone tells me don't worry about weight blah blah blah but I know it matters and I'm not in denial about that. I'll make it happen.

I have a bit of news myself (it's going to sound completely stupid) BUT last night at the gym I worked out so hard on the elliptical that I sweated droplets. DON'T LAUGH! I've never done that! I like...don't sweat and last night I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and was like AHHHHHHH OMG! Hahaha.

ChubbyBun
07-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Hi there and welcome! I'm doing WeightWatchers as well. I just joined this forum but I've been a WW member for a while and kinda fell out of it from the stress of school. I totally know how you feel on that one. I just got back on track with my points and I'm trying to find time to go to the gym as well. If you ever wanna chat WW or anything feel free to PM me. :)

JJ Canada
07-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Dani & Courtney...I know 34 is not old and you are so right, the older we get the more our def. of old gets. LOL

Way to go both of you with your weightloss. I haven't done any exercising at all so you are a step ahead of me(unless chasing my kids counts)

I think I got my dress about 6 months before the wedding. Then I lost weight without even trying...oh why doesn't that happen now??? I think I canblame my age on that.

I also wonder if we are considered athletes since we carry around so much extra weight all the time? haha Just something I've thought about..it's quite a feat for me;)

Have any of you guys checked out the 20 somethings thread about vengeful thoughts or something like that?? What a hoot!

I was laughing aloud last night reading through some of them.:rofl:

Take care, all!

PlaygroundLove
07-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Hahah, I love the thread about evil motivations. They're funny and, honestly, most of us can relate to at least a few of them. It's nice to hear that you're not the only one thinking those things!

Also, Courtney, let me know how the karaoke contest went! Getting a vocal coach sounds like an awesome step...how freaking great will it be when you've lost a ton of weight AND you've had the coach for a while? Haha, I feel like you'll be unstoppable.

And YAYYY SWEAT! I know the feeling--when you actually start dripping sweat from a workout it's like your body's confirming that you're working hard and doing a good job.

Today was my highest day (calorie-wise) in a longggg time, which is funny 'cause it wasn't actually very high at all (like 1500). Still, for some reason I'm feeling super guilty, and like I'm going to wake up 5 pounds heavier tomorrow. Yuck. Hopefully I'll still see some change by Sunday...

Sunshinenmysoul
07-30-2010, 01:43 AM
Whooooo! Just got home. I didn't eat dinner so that I could have some drinks tonight and man were they delicious lol.

I made it to the semi-finals in the contest which is a little less than a month away. Super excited! If I win I get 200 dollars. I'll take it!

I'm very excited about how everything is working out, but I had a mess up tonight. I think it's because I was drinking. My dad said let's get Taco Cabana!! (A drive through Mexican rest.) So I got quesadillas. I did split 1/2 them with Anthony (my husband) when I got home so that's better than scarfing the whole thing. I had such a blast.

Someone told me again tonight I should pursue a career in singing and I said yeah after I drop 60 more lbs. They were like nawwww, but I am a realist and I knooooow what I've got to do!

Hopefully, and I really mean hopefully I will be unstoppable. That would be a complete dream come true. You don't even know. I've wanted that since I was 10 years old.

Suzie Parker
07-30-2010, 05:05 AM
Ohh and I'm going on a 3 day vacation this weekend with my family to float down the river and stay in a cabin. In the past, when I go on vacation is always when I mess up really bad and then never continue my diet/exercise. I don't want to do that again so any suggestions on how I can do well on my trip?

Hi

How was your trip? Did you manage to follow your eating plan? Try buying lots of healthy foods and then packing a snack pack when you go out. Good luck with everything!

JJ Canada
07-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Hi there!

Chubby- i'm doing ww at home on my own so I can relate to you. Not sure how to PM someone though... I'm quite computer illiterate...that's my age again...HAHA

Courtney-good luck with your singing competition. yeah I find drinks hard when you are trying to count points. About how many points would a few daquari coolers be? Or do I care after I've had a few?? Naah!!:dizzy:

Dani-So are you going on a date or what??

MZ-I wish I could do weekly weigh-ins...I'm on that scale every morning, in the buff, after my morning pee, and hardly daring to look...LOL But the scale has been good to me:carrot:

take care for now!!

ChubbyBun
07-31-2010, 02:16 AM
Chubby- i'm doing ww at home on my own so I can relate to you. Not sure how to PM someone though... I'm quite computer illiterate...that's my age again...HAHA

Woo more WW at home people! And it's ok, you're not illiterate. New members can't PM someone during that 20 day grace period. :(

PlaygroundLove
07-31-2010, 02:46 AM
JJ- I don't think so...I got out of a serious relationship kind of recently, so I don't know that I'm ready to get back in the game just yet. But it was still a huuuge ego booster that he asked!

Courtney- Ahh, I'm so proud of you! How many people will you be competing against in the semi-finals??

My eating was fine today, but my exercise was awful for some reason! I was just really sluggish and burnt like, 200 calories less than usual. I need to get it together and get in a good workout tomorrow, haha.

Sorry this post isn't longer...wanted to check in, but it's 2:45 am, haha.

Sunshinenmysoul
07-31-2010, 10:46 AM
LOL It's cool. I'm having my TOM. Awesome right? Ugh. I feel like a cow and I feel like I've been eating like a cow. For some reason it makes me 1000 times more hungry. So, I'm prob. not going to weigh in tomorrow. I want to wait til I'm off then I'll catch up on the Sunday weigh-ins.

I'll be competing against 21 people. Hopefully I'll beat all their butts. I'm broke lol! So you don't feel so bad about eating the pizza that day...I had a slice last night. Just one! It was a frozen pizza anyway lol. I didn't exercise last night because there was drama in my house. Blah. Going out again tonight and I am nervous about drinking. Last time I did that I ate a quesadilla at midnight. I need to be on my A game!

PlaygroundLove
07-31-2010, 11:41 AM
Ughh, TOM is the worst. I completely understand your decision not to weigh in, hahaha. I'm kind of nervous about weighing in tomorrow too--I didn't do anything REALLY wrong this week, but it definitely wasn't my best. I think I'll be happy if I lose a pound or two.

I think the key to not eating "bad food" when you're drunk is to make sure you either

a) eat before you go out or
b) have slightly healthier "munchies" available--like a lean cuisine pizza at home...that's what works for me, anyway.

Sorry to hear about the drama in the house...hope everything's okay!

Also: I know we've both had a kind of shaky week, so I just wanted to remind you (and me) that we CAN do this. We're doing an awesome job- yes, there are bumps along the road, but I think as long as we get over them and keep moving forward, we'll do great :)

JJ Canada
07-31-2010, 02:28 PM
I agree, TOM makes me feel hungry all the time! I hate how huge I feel then as well.
Can't wait till monday to see how your weigh ins go!

CHUBBY...my 20 days should be up soon, although I'm not exactly sure what day I joined. I'll have to check on my profile.
Am I the only paranoid internet user??? I don't think I would ever dare to put my photo up on an open forum like this:o

DANI...absolutely it is an ego boost to have guys show interest in you!! Hope the B's BF finally notices you, and we like to say, live happily ever after:p

COURTNEY...have you figured out how many points a mixed drink is!!?? I think I should try to figure it out because it's gonna ruin my good intentions:)

Have a good weekend!!

PlaygroundLove
07-31-2010, 03:01 PM
JJ- Haha, thank you! I hope eventually things work out too, but we'll see :P As for mixed drinks...have you heard of Hungry Girl? She just released a new cookbook that's all low-cal cocktails...the average mixed drink at a bar can be REALLY high in calories, but if you use things like fresh fruit, Crystal Light, and diet sodas in your drinks, you can cut out a lot of the calories.

Also, you are not the only paranoid user! I don't plan on openly posting a picture here either, although I guess if anyone was really curious and messaged me or something, I might send it via PM.

JJ Canada
07-31-2010, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I'd probably do it through PM(whatever that is...just e-mail?) Who knows when I'll finally get it!
I have a craving for potato chips right now, so bad that I can taste them!:mad:
Great idea about the lowcal drinks. I'll have to look into that!

Sunshinenmysoul
07-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Dani, thank you SO much is all I have to say. I have been screwing up left and right. As soon as I started my TOM my mind went haywire and I've been making TERRIBLE choices. This is going to be the difference this time. In the past when I would mess up I'd give up. This time all I have to do is keep coming on here and talking to y'all and knowing that tomorrow is another day for me to pick back up where I left off and exercise.

I'm just having a difficult week and I'm completely frustrated with myself. Where's my will power that I've had? Here we go... just like always. Please help me help myself to not fail again! I'm freaking out lol. I don't want to revert to my old ways. AHH!

The problem has been for me the last 2 times I've been drunk is someone says let's go get fast food and I'm like WHOOOOOO OK! Haha. So, I just have to know in my drunken subconscious that I can't do that. It's so hard!

JJ I have the Weight Watchers app on my ipod and it has a list of mixed drinks like daiquiris, margaritas, blood marys, etc. and tells me how many points they all are. It's pretty cool.

Here are a couple-
- Long Island Ice Tea (6 oz.) 6 points
-Frozen Mudslide (12 oz) 19 points (DAMN!!)
-Bloody Mary (4 oz) 2 points
-Screwdriver (4 oz) 2 points
-Gin and Tonic (6 oz)- 3 points
-Mojito (6 oz) 3 points
-Mai Tai (4 oz) 4 points
-Manhattan (4 oz) 4 points
-Cosmopolitan (4 oz) 4 points
-Sex on the Beach (6 oz) 4 points
-Frozen Strawberry Margarita or Regular Margarita (MY FAV!) (4 oz) 5 points
-Martini (4 oz) 5 points
-Jack and Coke (6 oz) 3 points
-White Russian (4 oz) 7 points
-Rum and Coke (6 oz) 4 points
-Pina Colada (6 oz) 7 points

That's ALL of them that I have lol. So maybe next time you go out that'll help!

PlaygroundLove
08-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Courtney, you can do this! I'm not going to let you go back to the way things were, and (more importantly) YOU'RE not going to let yourself go back, either.

You had a rough week, yes, and you will probably have rough weeks again in the future, but that's not what matters! What matters is all those good weeks in between. Is there a chance that you didn't lose a lot this week? Yes. But it's not like you gained it all back, either! Think of how far you've come and how hard you've worked- I know you don't want to undo all that.

So today, get right back on the horse and stay within your points. Go work up a sweat, either at the gym or with a video. You can't change what you ate yesterday or the day before, but you CAN control what you eat today.

As for the drunk munchies, I struggle with this a lot too. I think the key is to not let yourself get drunk enough to become irresponsible--you can be kind of drunk and still be sober enough to know that eating fast food is a bad idea, y'know?

And I'm serious, if I know I'm going to be drinking, I always ALWAYS have a contingency plan for eating. Like, save calories for a Lean Cuisine pizza. Eat tons of popcorn (4 cups of some brands is 1 point, I believe). Keep a snack in your purse. Eat something with carbs BEFORE going out (that might be a good night to eat something like whole grain pasta or brown rice with your dinner).

Remember not to be too hard on yourself. Learn from this and move on--I think you're going to be just fine :) All in all, you're doing awesome!

As for me, I weighed in this morning and lost a LOT more than I expected to- I think I had a huge drop after TOM ended, so 3 pounds seem to have disappeared overnight. Unfortunately, I'm going away for a conference for work and won't really have internet access from this Thursday until the following Sunday (10 days), so this will be my last Sunday weigh-in until two weeks from now! I'll probably weigh in one last time on Thursday morning before I leave, just so I can keep track of whether I gain or lose while I'm there. I'm nervous about it...no gym time at all and all catered meals. I think my only hope will be to be really careful about portion control.

Sunshinenmysoul
08-01-2010, 02:06 PM
You are so totally and completely right. I messed up, but it's not the end of the world and it's definitely not the end of my weight loss. Ok, so today I am going to keep track of my points much better. Still skipping the weigh in today due to TOM and I'm going to get my butt to the gym and stay there for a while burning off tons of calories.

I took some photos last night with friends and could already see a difference in my face in the pictures. It looked a little thinner so that was motivating. I have had a rough past few days, but that won't define me and it won't be the end of me! Here I go again! (At least this time 2-3 days of messing up won't turn into 2-3 months right?)

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I know you will do amazing on your trip and you should definitely take snacks of your own with you. I'd suggest eating something low calorie and high in fiber before you eat one of the catered meals. Maybe take a printout with you of general food items and how many calories they have so that you can try to estimate your calorie intake for the meal without internet access.

I know there's a chance I didn't lose this week that's for sure lol. I'm just hoping I didn't gain. We will see Tuesday. After that I'm switching to Sunday weigh-ins.

My husband and I have been staying with my parents for now until I get a job and we can get an apartment and it's really starting to get annoying lol. It's so nice of them to let us stay, but after a few months of this my mom is kind of driving me crazy. I try not to let it show, but sometimes it's hard.

PlaygroundLove
08-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Boo, I'm sorry it's been hard having your family around all the time. I can imagine that would be kind of stressful...just remember that it's temporary!

I'm in a weird, impatient mood. I hung out with a few people I hadn't seen in a while today, and none of them seemed to notice any difference in my appearance. It's driving me crazy that I've lost 20 pounds and somehow barely look any different. I just wish there was some way I could wake up tomorrow thin enough for people to notice! Ugh. I think I just need to focus on getting into the 180s...part of my impatience is that it seems like the 190s have lasted forever!

Also: look, I finally got a signature! :broc:

JJ Canada
08-02-2010, 07:38 AM
OOOH,mudslide are 19 pts??? I had three of them over the weekend, no wonder I was up a bit!! Yikes, those drinks can ruin a diet really quick.

COURTNEY..you have to tell yourself this if you screw up " I can't believe I used to eat like this all the time..." then get back on track. I know, I have the same worries and failures and goals that you do. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!

DANI..How do you know when you get a signature? Do they e-mail you or what?

I think you are both doing great and we are NOT going to quit!! That scale is going to go down:carrot::carrot::carrot:

JJ Canada
08-02-2010, 08:20 AM
I just counted my days and Courtney, we should be getting our ticker tomorrow. Nothing like seeing the ticker moving to keep us motivated!! I was up a bit after the weekend...getting a little discouraged but ...gotta keep going. we can do it!!!

Sunshinenmysoul
08-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks! Yeah I'm going to weigh in tomorrow. I did horrible over the weekend. In my mind anyway. I would do bad and eat out like... I had Chinese food lawd help me. So I felt so guilty I didn't eat again for the rest of the day! I drank 2 nights this weekend, but I had cranberry and vodkas. It was fun, but now I'm nervous about what the scale is going to say. I just have to suck it up and weigh in!

I started a clean slate today for this week. I wrote down my goals for the week and what I hope to accomplish and I'm getting back on track. No more falling of the wagon and then staying off until I surpass my starting weight. That won't happen again. I'm a new woman! LOL.

I'm really excited to get my ticker!! It's going to be awesome to see my progress like that.

I know what you mean about people not noticing, but they will trust me. 20 lbs. is a lot to lose though and it's only a matter of time before someone notices. I know it's nice to have people notice, but you have to keep telling yourself that you're doing this for you and what really matters is when you can see a difference and you start becoming happy with yourself!!

Sunshinenmysoul
08-02-2010, 06:37 PM
I have a signature!!!!

PlaygroundLove
08-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Awww, cute! I tried to add one :dance: for every 10 lost too, but it made my signature too long since I already have two tickers...haha.

JJ- I was shocked by how many points are in a mudslide too! What do they put in them, lard?? Too bad that's my favorite cocktail...I'll let you know if I find any lower cal swaps!

Courtney- I'm super proud of you for getting back on the horse! I bet your weigh-in tomorrow won't be nearly as bad as you think it will be.

As for me, I'm...all doom and gloom at the moment. I'm obliged to go to this conference for work, but I REALLY, REAAAALLLYYYY don't want to go. I'm stuck with people I very much dislike, I'll have no control over what I'm served (the meals are catered and, to conserve costs, there's only one option), I won't have regular access to a gym, and I won't get to see a scale for 10 days. Oh, right, and I'll be working 17 hour days...literally. I don't know how I'm going to get through this, and I'm terrified about what it'll mean for my weight loss. Ughhhh.

Also for some reason the temptation to weigh in daily has returned in full force! It hasn't been this hard since we first switched to weekly, haha. I think the fact that I *won't* have access to a scale in a few days is making me obsess over my scale now. Maybe I'll weigh in tomorrow for a little peace of mind...

Ugh, sorry, I'm all over the place. Hopefully both of you are having better days than I am!

Sunshinenmysoul
08-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Well, I'm doing better. I worked out at the gym and burned around 400 cals. How many do you normally burn in a trip to the gym??

Are you sharing a room with anyone at the hotel you'll be staying at because you can always do pushups/situps/etc. if you're comfortable!! OR if you have a laptop you can bring it and pop in a workout vid at the end of the night...but I just remembered you are going to be doing 17 hour days so I don't know if you'll be up for that.

Also, whatever they serve you just eat 1/2 of it. Then however many calories is in it you know you'll only be eating half of that and it won't be so bad. Then you can pack your own low calorie snacks and have that too.

I totally had that crazy weigh-in fever happening to me too last week! I was like omg omg omg I need to weigh! I'm so curious! Then I got my TOM and was like eww I don't want to weigh at all lol.

I love those little dancing fluff balls lol. Too cute. I just have the one ticker since I'm doing more than one challenge right now. The Labor Day and Halloween one. So I figured that'd be way too complicated!

JJ Canada
08-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Hi there girls. I am just way to bummed about how my diet is goig. I think I have to cut out all alcoholic beverages because it seems the nights I have a glass of wine I'm up(in weight) the next morning . It's getting very discouraging. I'm eating less but yet I'm not losing like I did the last time. UUGH. You both seem so motivated to work out and keep going...I'm feeling like I'm ready to give up. Why track everything that goes into my mouth by points if there's nothing happening anyways?! I think I'm maybe just having a bad day...

Sunshinenmysoul
08-03-2010, 01:00 PM
JJ- Do you exercise too? I used to do WW and didn't exercise and would get so discouraged when the scale wouldn't move. That's when I gave up is when 2 weeks in a row my weight stayed the same and I said screw it and thew in the towel! Don't do that! You'll look back on it after you've gained all the weight back plus some and be so mad at yourself. I know it seems like nothing is happening, but if you're making a change and you put in some effort the scale will move and you will see results. The leader at the WW meeting I used to go to said you will reach your goals as long as you don't give up. It'll take some people 6 months and some people a year, but as long as you don't quit you'll get there! YOU will get there!

I know you said you weigh every day, but why don't you TRY what Dani and I are doing. We gave it a shot and actually liked it. We weigh once a week then compare and I'll tell you that going from weighing every day to once a week is hard, but when you see the bigger overall drop your confidence goes up and it keeps you wanting to do well all week to see a good drop the next time! Just try it one week and see how it goes. You can get on the same weigh day as us and do Sundays.

Dani, so I weighed in today and I'm at 193.5! I didn't lose a whole lot from last week due to this past weekends festivities lol, but at least I did lose! I'm not going to complain! That'll make this 10 lbs. so far! I'm so proud!! Thanks for helping me get back on track. You are the best!

JJ Canada
08-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Thanks Courtney! I think maybe it's just that horrible thing called PMS. Not sure cuz it seems a little early but ya never know.
I should get on, I must get on, I WILL get on that dang elliptical machine!!
I have one right here in my home but still don't use it.

I THINK I GET MY TICKER!!!! I'm gonna check as soon as I'm done here!

Dani...good luck at the conference. I am sure you will do great with your food choices, and if there are no good choices, just as courtney said, only eat half a portion. You're still doing better than you used to right?!?

I hope that I don't quit. My husband is so proud of me for what I've lost so far and I don't want to let him down.

thanks for the support as always. You guys just seem to know what to say...and me? I can never seem to write what I really think and feel but I hope you know that I am behind you all the way!!!

girlonfire
08-03-2010, 02:20 PM
You ladies are doing great! Welcome to 3FC :). Your idea of minigoals is awesome, I have set minigoals in 20 lbs increments: small enough to not be super daunting, big enough to make me feel like I've accomplished a lot. Congrats ladies!!!!! :)

JJ Canada
08-03-2010, 05:21 PM
WOOHOO!!! I got my ticker!!

Sunshinenmysoul
08-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Um so I screwed up bad again today. I get 35 extra points a week in WW to use on whatever. I usually never use them, or just a few of them. Let's just say that today I used almost ALL of them. PLUS my 26 I get for the day. That's outrageous. I had 59 points today and it's not even 6. The thing is, is I went to visit my grandma and she made my favorite German food. Then I went to my aunts (next door to my gma) and she had brownies...I had one...then another. WTF. Then my cousin is about to leave for college so she wanted to go to the local Mexican restaurant and talk for a while and she ordered cheese dip and chips and sopapillas. Shoot me now please. SO now that I got home and calculated all that I used all the extra points for the week and it totaled up to about 59 points for everything I ate. I can't believe it.

I haven't used any extra points at all this week and have been under my point allowance for a few days and have been going to the gym (3 days in a row) At least I know I have the points allowance to use and for once I used it. It just makes me feel crazy guilty. Especially after I just gave my "getting back on track" speech. I'm going to the gym again tonight that's for sure. I know it's not THAT big of a deal and lots of ppl use their extra points and still lose weight. It's just that now I feel terrible and I know I'm not going to reach my goal quickly if I keep that up! NO MORE GIVING IN TO CRAVINGS!

UGH.

JJ Canada
08-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Oh Courtney...go easy on yourself. You have done so incredibly well and we all have bad days. Just pick up and move on. It's not going to be easy and there will be tough days and even weeks, but you have to remember YOU CAN DO IT!!! Not every week will be a loss, but over the long term it will show. The scale will carry on its downward trend. You gain a few and lose more. All the exercising you are doing also builds muscle, and muscle burns more calories than fat so you may even surprise yourself and not gain anything. Don't worry too much and eat alot of carrots. or alot of fibre to move it out of you quicker!?!? Does that work? Sounds good anyways! Take care!

PlaygroundLove
08-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Hey ladies,

Sorry for my silence....I've been working like 18 hour days in preparation for the conference (which starts in a couple of hours), so I've literally just been coming home and passing out. After this message I won't have internet access again for a week and a half, so I just wanted to say goodbye and good luck! Don't forget about me, hahaha.

Also, my final pre-conference weigh-in was this morning: 191.4. I *better* be under 189 when I come back!

JJ Canada
08-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Dani...you will do great, I am sure of that. I look forward to hearing how much you lost during your time away. I also got thinking if there is no gym, most motels have stairs and what a great workout that is. I get one every night when my little one doesn't want to go to bed. It's up and down those stairs to tuck her in again, and again, and again!! Ha ha,this morning I weighed myself and was 240.8...so the scale is moving!!YAAY!

And Courtney, I still haven't exercised at all. I know, I know, I will start, I promise I will!!

I know all about that dang German food too!! My MIL is german and Ooooh can she cook! The good thing is she's been doing WW for 2 yrs now and usually has some healthy choices as well. What are sopapillas? We northerners here have never heard of that. Have you ever heard that if you use all your extra 35 points you will lose more weight? My SIL told me that and she goes to the meetings, not sure whether that's true or not. :?:

ChubbyBun
08-05-2010, 11:59 AM
"No. Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"-Yoda

I just wanted to say that your Yoda quote is full of win! I was watching The Empire Strikes back on Spike a few weeks ago and felt inspired by it then, and now every time I see you post it's a great reminder and motivator for me. Yaw for awesome sigs! http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQr2txmkNHNs9a7W8tAMaoqndZrnPZ-vvZgnqa6Janhvz0Pss0&t=1&usg=__MGH4gMqenSTX9t3agQZ2XX-_qn4=

Sunshinenmysoul
08-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Well, you know what Dani (even though you won't see this til you get back) you have motivated me for another mini goal! LOL. My mini goal is to be 189 by the time you get back!! So that's next Sunday and I need to lose 4.5 lbs. I have NO idea if I can do this or not, but I'm going to give it a go. Nothin to lose and it'll help me stay on track! We've stayed together so far, but you're just kickin' butt and losing weight crazy fast so I need to step it up! Thanks for the motivation.

Hm JJ I haven't heard that if you use all the points you'll lose more. It would seem to be that'd have the opposite effect, but maybe if you use them to spike your metabolism ever so often then that makes some sense.

GET YOUR BUTT ON THE ELLIPTICAL LOL! I know you can do it! Once you get on just watch TV while you do it. One T.V. show all the way through without looking down at how long you've been going and that's 1/2 hour. That's how I get through it anyway lol.

Sopapillas (don't know if you know any Spanish) but it's pronounced So-puh-pee-yuhs and they are like...the fried pieces of bread stuff (like a puff with just air in the middle) and they have cinnamon and sugar on top and you dip them in honey and they're amazing haha. They're a common dessert at Mexican restaurants. I <3 them but then I checked how many calories is in them and I freaked out.

Shame on me but I weighed myself today to see if my pig out session affected my weight and I weight the same. 193.5. That's good and all that I didn't gain, but I want to LOSE!

JJ Canada
08-05-2010, 10:07 PM
MMMMMMmmmmm, those things sound really good!! Here in Canada we learn french as a second language, not spanish. So about the only thing I know is Hasta la vista baby( is that spanish?? haha)

On another note...I WILL get on that machine in the morning, and I WILL do it for at least 15 minutes! I WILL!! I WILL...OK???

Thanks for the shove in the right direction.LOL

Your mini goal of 189 sounds so far off for me. The height difference in us clearly shows because we both have the same amount to lose..

Sunshinenmysoul
08-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Yeah lol that makes sense to learn French, but here it only makes sense to learn Spanish!! I took 4 years in high school and 2 semesters in college. I do ok with it, but I'm not "fluent."

Yeah height makes a big difference. Everyone in my family is tall but me lol. My mom is 5'9'', my aunt is 5'11'', my uncle is 6'0''....but me? No, 5'4''. Thanks God. LOL. It's ok though. My husband and I are the same height so if I were much taller it'd be weird to me lol.

I didn't work out last night cause I went to visit my sister. She wanted to go out to eat so I didn't eat anything all day so that I had all my points for going out to the restaurant and I'm glad I did because she chose Italian! I have a feeling that my weight loss isn't going to be what I want it to be this week, but like you said take your bad with the good and keep going.

I've already told everyone how I've lost 10 lbs. and so if I didn't keep going I'd feel like a big failure. I am going to go to the gym today! If it's the last thing I do. Did you get on the elliptical yet? The day isn't over so you better!!

DANI COME BACK! LOL.

JJ Canada
08-06-2010, 05:00 PM
OK, OK,:tantrum: I'M ON MY WAY!!:kickbutt:

mzitalian25
08-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Hey Ladies!!! Sorry I have been gone for the whole week,I work at Verizon and work like 65 hours in 5 days and on my 2 days off I run around like a chicken with my head cut off to do house work and run errands...thats being said, I missed coming on here :( Last Friday the 30th I gained .8 of a pound which I was a little discouraged so I looked over what I ate during the week and the only thing I could think of was the crystal light or the glass of fresca i had at dinner ...which overall was adding lots of sodium daily...so I changed it and yesterday I lost 3.2!!! I am going to see if I can get a ticker, I hope so!

If I lose 1.6 lbs this week then I have reached my first goal of 10lbs for the month!!!! yay!!!! ok I am not gonna rant but just wanted to check in and let you know Im alive and didnt fall off :) Have a blessed day!

JJ Canada
08-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Well Courtney....I er, er, uuummm...I did ...uuummm, about , uuummm, 2 mins ummm, on the elliptical...(hide my face) I had a glass of wine with supper and then tried to start my workout and my legs were like jelly. note to self...never drink before exercising. It's not even like I had had alot to drink. Do you get that as well? Anyways, it's getting late here and a good sleep boosts the metabolism; I just read that in a health mag. So, goodnight, we'll see if it works!!

Sunshinenmysoul
08-08-2010, 01:54 AM
LOL ok I forgive you. At least you didn't do what my mom did. She was prescribed Ambien to sleep and she took that after she drank and sleep walked into a speaker by the computer and crashed into the wall and woke up with bruises EVERYWHERE and didn't remember it lol.

I heard too that sleeping does that. I also heard it's best to exercise in the morning so try doing it after you wake up and maybe it'll give you a boost of energy for the rest of the day. I went out to a club with my sister last night (lol first time at an actual dance club) and so that was my workout! 2 hours of non-stop dancing and I was sweaty and tired! I've switched my weigh-in day to Sunday since Dani is weighing in on Sundays for the Alternachicks Halloween challenge. So, tomorrow. I am SO nervous. I feel like I've completely fallen off the wagon. I haven't counted my calories at all this past few days, haven't exercised, and have been eating crappy. I keep coming on here and saying that and it's because it's continuing. I CANNOT DO THIS. Damnit.

Since Sunday is my weigh day now it'll be the start of my new week of WW too. So, my points start over and I'm going to exercise EVERY day and follow my points. I have a feeling tomorrow will show a gain in weight, but that's ok I'll get it back off.

JJ Canada
08-09-2010, 06:41 AM
I weighed myself this morning and was up 2 lbs...AAARGH! But today is a new week and I"m gonna start new. I have not been counting points at all for the weekend so I wasn't surprised.
I did get a workout in this weekend though. I was digging soil into a wheelbarrow and moving it to another area to fill in holes. I was sweating and getting blisters so it better have given me a good workout!!!
We are GOING to do this. No GIVING UP!!! Things wil get better and easier. That's what so many of the others have been saying. They say it becomes a way of life. I'm just wondering when that will happen!?!
But don't worry...I feel the same as you but we have got to encourage each other. Just you wait till Dani gets back, you are going to surprise her with how much you have lost!! You have been doing great, just keep it up:hug:

Sunshinenmysoul
08-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Here's the big news. American Idol auditions are in Austin, Texas this week and I didn't know it. I don't know how I feel about that show, like if it's staged or what, but I do know that I've always wanted to at least try out. I really wanted to lose all the weight I needed to and THEN go...but with it being this week I'm not going to be able to accomplish my goals before I go. I've only sang in really small venues so I don't know if I can cope with my nervousness. I don't have a lot of money and I'd have to drive out there and wait in line four hours on end. I want to chase my dream...but am I thin enough? Am I ready for this? I don't know yet, but I have to give it a shot. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Say a prayer for me.

I gained a pound too! :-( I'm so sad. It's my own fault though. I got back on track though and I'm doing fine. I just have to stick with it. This weight loss will be about ups and downs I just have to remember that and to not give up!

JJ Canada
08-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Courtney!!! Go for it!!! I'm soo excited for you. You will have a great time! And there are overweight people out there who have made it big. Winona Judd, Rita McNeil(and I doubt you look like her) I am sure there are more but I can't think of any. You are beautiful and I'm sure you have great voice so give it all you've got. You can't say you didn't try then! I can't wait to hear how you do:D

I've been good today as well. I did 7 mins on the elliptical(boohoo) but I figure it's better than nothing and I will get on again tomorrow and try for 8 mins. My legs, just above my knees, hurt pretty bad(just that good burn i guess) but I gave up pretty quick since my kids needed their lunch and were waiting for me.

Sunshinenmysoul
08-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Thank you! My roommate from college lives near Austin and she said I could come stay with her while I went through the process so I don't have to pay for a hotel. So, that'll definitely help! I'm very excited and very nervous at the same time. It's a 3 hour drive up there, but that's ok. Nobody from my family can go with me. That's what makes me sad. My mom and dad and husband all have to work. I would ask my sister to go, but I don't want to impose on my friend by asking her if my sister could stay there too. I guess this is just something I'll have to do on my own!

I've done amazing to day with eating. I'm very proud and I'm going to the gym tonight with my sister to work out. I'm hoping that pound will have disappeared by the time I get back from Austin.

It would be so surreal and a dream come true if I made it through to Hollywood lol. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but that's hard you know? Here goes nothing!

JJ Canada
08-09-2010, 07:08 PM
When are you leaving? And how long does the process take? Maybe you'll have really good news for Dani when she gets back! what type of activities do you do at the gym? I'm wondering if I should get a workout DVD or not since a gym membership is out of the question for me. Any recommendations?

Sunshinenmysoul
08-09-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm leaving in the morning at around 7 a.m. and it was EXTREMELY short notice. I haven't been able to rehearse that much and I'm scared if I start really rehearsing now I'll lose my voice or something. UGH! I go tomorrow to get a wristband to try out then I come back at 5 a.m. on Wednesday morning to line up and get separated into groups to do the preliminary auditions. I've never done this before so we'll see. I would love to hope that I have good news for her! There are thousands of ppl auditioning though and Austin is one of the big music capitals of the U.S.

I do the elliptical at the gym, then I do the bike, then I do arms and back, then I do the abs machine. I had to build myself up to all that, but I spend about an hour there. I was doing the biggest loser workout vid and I loved it but I couldn't do it because there were a lot of squats and lunges and it was hurting my knees ( I have a bad knee )

lori8809
08-09-2010, 10:22 PM
welcome to 3FC. I am new to the site too. I have checked in a couple times today to read the great stories and goal accomplishments and it definitely feels like it will be a great place to be a part of for the friends and for the support. If you need anything, i am hear to listen. :-)

JJ Canada
08-10-2010, 07:09 AM
I wondered about hand weights and if they are beneficial for a home workout. Also pilates has always interested me(not sure why, but maybe I should look into it) Is it a Jillian Micheals Vid?,The Biggest loser one you have?
Anyways I'm thinking about you out in Austin...all the best wishes to you !!!!:encore:You WILL do great!!

mzitalian25
08-12-2010, 11:51 AM
GOOD LUCK!!!! You will do great! My friend just did the Orlando Idol competition and he is one of the 4 finalists, he finds out tomorrow who out of the 4 wins and the news station who hoted the competition is paying for them to audition for American Idol :) He is very excited! His name is Tim Eason, look him up ;)
We went to the gym for the first time the other night and my thigs are on FIRE!!!!! haha like you said a good burn, it hurts I did the Eliptical for 10 minutes and the treadmill for 5 miles...I burned 350 calories in a little over an hour but i feel it. Then yesterday we got all new furniture for the whole house and moving doubled my pain. I fractured my knee twice when I was younger and am paying dearly now :(
So weigh in is tomorrow and I am excited and nervous! But tomorrow will make a month that I have been on WW with NO CHEATING!!! but only one day of excercise :( I will be pleased if I reached my mini goal of 10lbs a month...Talk to you ladies tomorrow! GOOD LUCK AGAIN!!!

JJ Canada
08-12-2010, 06:31 PM
WOOHOO!!! I weighed in this morning at 238.8 lbs!!! So excited to see this number again! Uugh...it's TOM coming soon and I hope it doesn't throw for a loop! Last time that's when I gave up! Can't wait till you are all back:hug:

Mizitalian...I know what you mean about the burn...oooh. It's been two days since I went on the elliptical...don't tell Courtney! Haha!

JJ Canada
08-16-2010, 07:49 PM
missing you guys!! Come back soon:hug:

mzitalian25
08-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Hey JJ! I dont know where the other 2 are :( And I work soo many hours its hard to get online at times..We just bought all new furniture which was exciting! I got my excercise for sure...My weigh in on friday was 302.6 !!! SO i met my first mini goal of 10 pounds (which is what I would like to lose every month) I am soooo excited and even more motivated. I still cant believe how this month has breezed by.... Once I get under 300 I can start my Wii Fit again which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Sunshinenmysoul
08-17-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm back!! I didn't make it all the way through on American Idol, but hey there were thousands of people there so it doesn't hurt my feelings! It doesn't mean I'm not a good singer, just not what they're looking for and there are plenty of other avenues I can take!!

I went out while I was in Austin of course and saw a friend I haven't seen in a really long time. It was a blast, but I'm glad to be back home now and on 3FC!! I just got a gym membership with a friend and it's only 10 dollars a months. AWESOME! I went with my friend today and let me tell you she kicked my ever loving butt. We were there for over 2 hours and I'm not going to be able to lift a toothpick in the morning!!

I haven't weighed myself since I've been back, but I'm going to go to the gym all this week and keep up with my Weight Watchers and weigh this coming Sunday to see how I'm doing.

Excited for you MZ!! Keep it up and we'll all get there. We'll all reach our goals eventually as long as we don't quit.

By the way....JJ GET ON THAT ELLIPTICAL!! LOL!

JJ Canada
08-17-2010, 07:04 PM
It was too quiet when you were gone, and I'm so glad you are back!!

Great attitude Courtney! Your talent will someday be heard all over. I was hoping I would be able to hear you on Youtube or something but I'm not sure how many they actually post on there.

I joined the 30 lbs by Christmas challenge ans sure hope I get there with all the others!!

It's been a little slow going on the poundage here but I better get on that elliptical SOON!!! like tonight!!!

Hope Dani comes back soon too!:^:

Sunshinenmysoul
08-19-2010, 12:03 AM
I know!! I weighed myself today after going hardcore at the gym last night and I have only gained 1 lb. from 1 week of eating terrible lol. I just keep telling myself that I'm not going to forget what my goal is.

I was going to the gym with my step sister and she doesn't really push that hard or go crazy at the gym so I wasn't pushing myself either...but then I started going with my friend Kasey and she whipped my everloving butt!!!! I am sore in places that I didn't know could be sore! It hurts to sit or stand or sneeze lol. I feel good about it though!! We're going Tuesday to meet with a personal trainer and get our body fat percentage tested. Oh Lord I don't know if I want to know what mine is!!

But we've gone 2 days in a row and do the elliptical (your favorite JJ lol) for 20-25 minutes then do a muscle group (yesterday we did chest and biceps and tonight we did legs) then we did a bunch of ab workouts (which is why it hurts to breathe/sneeze haha) It's intense! I didn't realize I was capable of going that hard and I'm so happy she's there to push and motivate me!

Unfortunately, since I messed up, I won't be at 189 by the time Dani gets back, but I'll be close maybe! I can't wait to get out of the 190s. I'm so close I can taste it! I still have my labor day goal which is to have lost 15 lbs. so I need to hit around 186. That's 7 more lbs. in less than a month. I hope I can pull it off!!

I don't have any videos posted on youtube yet. I actually just made one to post, but every time I try to put it up something messes up and it won't load!

JJ Canada
08-19-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm constantly up a few, down a few...AAARGH!

That darn elliptical is calling me and I keep ignoring it:D

When is Dani getting back? Do you know? You may be able to pull it off if she drags this out any longer!! You can do it! You are much more motivated than me I think and are at the gym quite a bit so...once those new muscles do their job like they are supposed to, and burn the fat faster, you'll be there in no time at all!!

jackiemomto3
08-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Great work so far!!! I think its all mental to be honest, if we set our mind to it, we can do it! Blogging has helped me alot. I calorie count and walk as much as I can. Best of luck on your journey, we CAN do this,!!!!!

mzitalian25
08-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Hey ladies!!! Glad to see you followed through with AI, dont ever give up on your dream babe! So drummmmm rooooolllll, today I weighed in at 299.2!!!!! YAY I am under 300lbs FOREVER!!!! that sounds great to say and I keep saying it in my head over and over. I weighed 299.2 lbs which was a loss of 3.4 this week and let me tell you I ate at Busch Gardens, Publix Sub and 5 guys this week but stayed under my points the WHOLE week, I was so proud of myself!
AND I can start my wii fit again tonight since I am under the 300lb which is the maximum weight! I went a toured a new all womans gym however the hours are not good compared to my work schedule, have you ever heard of a circuit? They have it in the back of the gym and you go around it twice which is a total of 30 minutes and it works all areas of your body! They have all woman machines and a free personl trainer I just wish they had longer hourse :( For now my goal this week is wii fit for 5 days for at least 30 minutes each time...
Thanks again ladies for being such motivation!

PlaygroundLove
08-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Hey ladies, I'm SO sorry. I had a small change in plans and ended up directly going from the first conference to another conference, so I've literally just regained regular use of the internet.

I weighed myself after the first conference (last Sunday) and had gotten down to 186 (!!!!!!), but then this week I went hiiiideously off plan. Like, shamefully, binge-eating-like-I-used-to off plan. The worst part is, I don't have a scale with me (and won't be near one for another couple of weeks), so I have no way of knowing what damage I did. Obviously you can't do TOO much in a week, but I'm still betting I gained back at least a few pounds.

Starting today, I'm getting back on the horse. I've never come this far, and I refuse to undo all my progress now. Yes, I had a bad week. I'm just hoping I can learn from it and move on. Ugh.

Alright, all my whining aside, how have you all been??? What'd I miss? Have you lost a lot since I left? Update me!

JJ Canada
08-23-2010, 07:30 AM
HEY, YOU'RE BACK!!! Well Dani, I think you did better than me...I've stalled...but I will get back on track!!

Does anyone want to share some of their meals ideas?? Breakfast for me is ezekial toast with PB and jam but that is getting a little boring. It's 5 points for that and I hate wasting points on breakfast. Maybe that's my problem though. I've read that a bigger breakfast is good and to make your next meals smaller.

This morning I weighed in at 240 on the dot. That's up 2.5 lbs from my lowest number so far now :(

mzitalian25
08-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Great job on the 186!!!!!!! Dont get to down on your self about this last week, like you said you have come too far and its ok just get back at it girl :) I have lots of menus for WW stuff, which I <3! whats your email and we could email recipes back and fourth :)

Sunshinenmysoul
08-26-2010, 12:27 AM
HEY! Dani, not that I'm glad you fell off the horse, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's had a week of shameful binge eating recently. I've been doing better...but eating out has been killing me lately. My family is all about the eating out at restaurants or fast food. It's SO hard to say no. I haven't weighed myself yet because I'm too scared to see what the scale will say. I know I better do it soon because if I don't I'll prob. gain it all back! Last I checked I was 194 so I had gained back 1 lb. DANGIT. Ok...so I'm weighing in tomorrow. No if's and's or but's.

So glad you're back by the way! AND CRAZY AMAZING JOB ON GETTING IN THE 180s!!

I have a job interview tomorrow so I'm excited AND I made a video of me singing. I just need to upload it to youtube and I'll give y'all the link lol.

Sunshinenmysoul
08-26-2010, 12:28 AM
OH and I don't know if you read the previous posts, but I did try out for American Idol while you were gone lol. I didn't make it, but it's all good! I've got my karaoke contest tomorrow night and hopefully I'll win $175 dolla billz lol.

JJ Canada
08-26-2010, 08:15 AM
So, I've lost a bit more again. up a few, down a few. I was 237.1 and very surprised at that! I have had icesream, a fast food combo, and 2 donuts...eeek! I have been cleaning like the dickens and I'm sure that helps. Who needs an elliptical!!??LOL
Courtney, you WILL do it! I know you can!
good luck with the job interview and can't wait to see your video .:D

mzitalian25
09-03-2010, 11:03 AM
I have not been on since I worked 9 days in a row which KILLS me, lol but I have still been losing!! I am officially starting my 8th week of this new lifestyle and I feel great, no cheating and have kept to it every day of the way :) HOWEVER in this 7 weeks I have only worked out twice :( So this week I am determined to walk or do something for 30 minutes a day because in order to meet my second mini goal of 10 lbs this month i need to lose 3.8 this week, well I dont know where everyone is however it seems since you have done less communicating on here it allows you to sway away :( COME BACK and get on track again ladies, you can do this!!! Have a blessed weekend, ttyl

JJ Canada
09-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Not sure where every one is but I want you guys to come back!!!:?::?::?: