Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #61  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Kris don't beat yourself up over the numbers.

How do your clothes feel? Did you measure yourself before you started? If you did you may be looking at a lot of inches lost.

Are you eating the same food every day? Do you have the same ammount of calories each day? A lot of people do the Wendy plan varying their calories each day.

Hang in there it will get better.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:20 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Kris~join me in my pity party. I've been 3 weeks of being perfectly on plan. No wine with dinner, 1200 calories per day, walk/running the c25k program. And what do I have to show? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. It's really exasperating. But I'm not going to throw in the towel. I just need to find that one thing.....whatever it may be....that's holding me up and tweak it so I lose again.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:25 PM   #63  
Want to be thin!

S/C/G: 156/146/140

Height: 5'6"

Those plateaus really suck, don't they? I always call myself the plateau queen and I generally do everything right as well. Chin up, one day the pounds will drop. Try to be patient. I know how hard it is!!!!

Ughhh, just have to get this out. I cheated today for the first time in 6 weeks! I had Chinese take out at my dh's uncle's house. Worst of all, it wasn't even very good. Full of grease! I could smack myself! I ordered veggies and tofu. Sounds healthy right? No MSG etc. I didn't think to ask if it was deep fried. Ehhhh! I felt guilty with every bite but I was so hungry. I had only eaten two bananas all day.

Makes me so angry because I specified that I didn't want it deep fried. So, knowing that I completely blew it, I dipped into the other's fattening dishes. Whatever. Got home and packed up dh's lunch and dipped into more of the containers. Grrrrrrr. Guess I'll workout extra hard tomorrow. I have a big "L" on my forehead right now.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:03 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Thanks gals for your support. I'm not giving up. Went to the gym and beat out a few of the frustrations and feel better now!

I'm bouncing around a bit on the calories....ranging from 1450 to 1650 on any given day. My sister is going to run my numbers by her nutritionist as she thinks for my weight I might be a bit low on the calories - so will see what she says.

I seems so early in the game to be hitting a plateau. I guess I need to stop comparing myself to others. Just because other people with 100+ pounds to lose seem to melt away the pounds quickly doesn't mean that is how it will happen with me.

And yes, my clothes do feel better. I only measured about 3 weeks ago so don't think there will be much difference, but I might find those numbers and do a check.

Thanks again everyone! It's so good to have the support.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:38 AM   #65  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

feelingroovy- don't fret, the scale will probably show a loss tommorrow. I kid you not- I stay on plan, I sit pat. I eat out and go over my calorie limit, and I drop weight- by five or six pounds! How, I have no clue, but don't beat yourself up over the goodies you had today. Tommorrow's a new day.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:26 AM   #66  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Oh boy- I was REALLY bad yesterday-we had to stay in the house because it was 115 out and the pool was so hot that it felt like bath water. So, I whipped up a big ole batch of nachos. They were delicious. Oh well, that was yesterday. I'm not gonna leave my office too much today-it's already 99out at 6:20am.
Kris we are so jealous-enjoy that beautiful weather.

I hope everyone stays cool today........

-Jan
Old 08-13-2007, 11:06 AM   #67  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Must have been the weekend for slipping up! I too did the asian dinner thing that was probably less than healthy. Had lunch with some old college friends and couldn't resist the wine or dessert either. Did choose not to eat the entire plate so that was a bonus! Today is a new day and an new moment of focus.

As for those of you with the plateaus.... This may or may not be the case... but make sure you are getting in that all important H2O. With the weather and heat being what it is for some of you (fortunately we are seeing beautiful weather here in the Great Lakes!) the humidity and heat may be causing some water retention. Wouldn't hurt to do a couple extra gulps!!
Old 08-13-2007, 12:20 PM   #68  
Eleny

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

WOW a lot to catch up on. I haven't had time to read. I will come back later and do personals.

I have been having a very hard time. One more week of total stress and then some changes will be happening and I hopefully will be able to get back to posting and to eating right and exercising.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:02 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

I don't think I slipped up, but the scale says I did. Back up to 147. What gives?

I think I MAY have pinpointed my problem though. I make myself a plan each morning....I pack the food I need for the work day....and regardless of whether I'm hungry or not, I eat it. I need to rethink that. It doesn't HAVE to be consumed JUST because it is on the plan. If I'm not hungry, I shouldn't eat it. I CAN save it in case I get hungry later, though. That's what I'll be working on this week. That and keeping my dinner portions lower. I fix very healthy dinners, but I haven't been measuring or weighing the portions. I need to do that.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:33 PM   #70  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Ladies. Just dropping in to say 'Hi.' Work has me snowed under these days. I'm doing well. Today was weigh-in and I've been able to lose for four straight weeks in a row! This is a big one for me as lack of committment has been my issue. This week, I'm hoping to get myself working out again. I want to get into my motivational jeans I bought two weeks ago....and, I need to lose major inches to do that.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll catch up more later.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #71  

Rhonda - how fun in that to have 4 weeks in a row of losing? Contrats!

Allison - trying to only eat when hungry has been something I've been working on for quite a while now. I think I lost the hunger switch somewhere along the road because of overeating for so many years. In my slightly warped mind, I equate hunger to something bad and therefore struggle to let myself go there. I think you may be onto something though - just because you have it on your plan, if you're not hungry, why eat it?

Jan-I spent the monsoon season in Tucson last year - my first taste of the Southwest - so I can sympathize with the 115 degrees. ugh.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #72  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Ladies....Kris, you mentioned that you exercised like crazy this week.....is this new for you? Could you be building some muscles? Also, what kind of exercise are you doing? Some type of cardio exercise works best for burning the fat....just make sure you can still talk, but get a little breathless, know what I mean? One other question, are you eating some type of protein with all meals and snacks? I have insulin resistance and I'm in full menopause, so my metabolism stinks. Eating protein has really helped my metabolism keep going. I'm no nutritionist, but a lot of my fellow 3FC friends on the 100lb club forum need to eat between 1200-1800 calories a day to lose. Many start off with 1800 and end up at 1200 by the end of their diet. Or, you can try varying your calorie intake each day from 1200-1800. I'm currently eating 1700 calories a day, but I anticipate having to lower that number eventually.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:37 PM   #73  

Hi. I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I am new to this thread. I got a message from slashnl inviting me to check you all out. I am really happy I did. I have been having a tough couple of days (three picnics in 2 days) but I tried and did pretty good. I have a long way to go so I will be around a while, I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:01 AM   #74  

Hi Rhonda,
I've been exercising pretty steadily for the last 2 months (3-5 times per week, lap swimming and aqua aerobics mainly). The last 2 weeks I've started including treadmill/bike in the gym 50-60 minute sessions alternating with swim/aqua days (5-6 days per week of 50-60 minute cardio workouts). This last week I starting doing pilates/ball work 3x/week/45 minute plus trying to add an extra 15 minutes of dance/movement in the afternoon most days of the week.

I've been tracking food with fitday for about 6 weeks now and think my protein consumption is ok. Fiber is a bit on the low side of normal so I'm going to work on getting that up a little. Calories are running an average of 1500-1600 per day. I'm kicking around the idea of upping the calories a bit - maybe to 1800 per day for 2-3 days per week and see how that goes.

Talking with a trainer today at the gym and telling her about my slow weight loss, she suggested I pitch the scale and just use measurements. Or, go to weighing less frequently (monthly instead of weekly, maybe). I tend to think this might be a good idea for me as the scale makes me a bit crazy - but then I worry about lack of accountability. Anyone with any experience with less frequent weigh-ins?
Old 08-14-2007, 08:00 AM   #75  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Hi everyone. Yes, I'm actually posting two times this week. Yeah for me!

Kris, I just got done reading your threads. to help w/the stupid non-movement of the scale. I just read your exercise routine -- where do you find the time to do all that exercising? WOW!! A few suggetions to get that scale moving again. You're doing tons of cardio and while cardio is good, if you're doing the same level of resistance everytime, your body adjusts pretty quickly and you just don't get the same benefits from it (weight loss wise). I use the TM and discovered intervals a while ago. I'll warm up then walk at a very brisk pace for xx amount of time, then crank it up and run for xx amount of time, then back down again to a slower walk, etc. You can use specific interval times -- like 2 minutes slower w/a 30 second high interval or what ever; I tend to just listen to my body vs. being a clock-watcher. I used to be on the TM 5 days/wk for 50-60 minutes and I found that after the inital shock my body went through when I started exercising again, the weight loss was minimal. So I started doing intervals -- you can do these w/any type of cardio exercise -- and I also cut my workout time in half. I now do about 30 minutes of cardio 4 times a week (ok, I will start this routine again when the kids are back in school; summer exercise for me has really plummented ) but I really, really put everything I've got into those 30 minutes. I strive to do 2 miles in 28 minutes or less. Mentally it's easier because I know I will only be on the TM for 1/2 hr. It took me awhile to get into that "zone" but it seemed to help. I also try to walk the dog several times a week (1 1/2 miles) at a brisk but enjoyable pace.

The other thing I started last spring was lifting weights. Again, I had to ease into it slowly and I did alot of reading but once I acclimated my muscles (and mind ) it seemed to help w/the scale. Initally no, but eventually yes. I also notice that the day after I lift the scale usually is up a lb because the muscle w/retain water but it leaves and the scale drops.

I was stuck on a plateau after Easter and got annoyed and my eating has been off since then but the scale remained steady even though my mouth just kept opening and inserting the wrong foods! The past few weeks have be crazey here and I haven't been lifting and I feel myself gaining. The scale was the same last week but I can tell from my clothes that the lack of exercise -- particularly the weights -- is starting to affect me.

Gosh, this is really long -- sorry! The other thing is I was doing the "eating 6 small meals a day, every 3 hrs. or so" w/out really paying attention the whether or not I was actually hungry. I kept reading that your metabolism slows down if you don't feed it frequently and it's better to fuel your body w/small and frequent meals in order to keep the metabolism up. Well, for me personally I find it better to eat bfast, lunch, dinner and when I'm hungry snacks, rather than just eating because it's 'on the menu for the day'. Hope that makes sense. When I did this the scale started moving. I was on a 'loss' roll about a month ago then my schedule changed and the exercise became less and grrr, feeling like a putz right now. Also I always try to eat protein w/whatever I'm eating (ok, again when I'm eating on plan which hasn't been recent ). The protein really helps my blood sugar remain steady, which helps avoid that up and down swing.

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. Good luck and keep up the good work. The scale will move down -- for all of us if we just perservere.

Steelslady -- I've had this happen to me and thought I was nuts!! I'd been OP for weeks w/little to no results, get annoyed and be a piggy then whamo! - the scale drops a few. What is with that??? No clue either just know that it happens. Like your body goes 'oh, was all that dieting just a joke? You just gave me gobs of calories, there must not be a famine, ok I'll let those few pounds go'. LOL. The tricky part of it all is realizing that it's the 90% on plan eating that will get results, NOT the 10% off plan eating and not beating yourself up over the 'over eating'. Thanks for posting this; makes me feel less koo-koo.

I checked out the 'Wendie Plan' link you provided. I've read about this type of plan alot on weight lifting threads and such. Good idea; thanks for the link!

Jo

Last edited by Is that really me; 08-14-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Closed Thread