Old 07-31-2010, 04:46 PM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~~August Golden Girls~~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us

There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark? What's the best thing that happened since you passed the 60 mark?
Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #2  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good August, All...
Font, color, and picture changes... looking forward to a good month!

Last edited by jess1; 08-01-2010 at 12:25 PM.
jess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! Getting ready to shampoo carpets while there is no company! Hopefully it will get dry before anyone comes back! Have a great day!!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #4  
Bobbi

Happy Sunday!
You all kick my butt tomorrow if I don't get back on the wagon
Old 08-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3"

Good Sunday everyone!! Hope you are all having a good day. I can't believe it is already Aug 1st!! The summer is going SO fast!

I dropped 2.4# this past week! Recyled pounds of course but I am now at my lowest weight since one very low day in Jan. I think eliminating the heavier carbs from my diet during the day is helping me. Hopefully it will continue.

I am doing laundry today but plan to soon go to Walgreens for some bargain shopping. Dh wants to wipe down the car when I get back so he can do that while I'm in the garage doing the laundry so I can kinda watch over him.

Bobbi - please do get back on track...you are MY inspiration!! I know you will do it.

Well, I need to get out of here...
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #6  
Donna

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this - ever.

15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Darn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.

20. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.

22. I would rather try to carry 10 over-loaded plastic bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

23. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

24. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

25. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

26. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

27. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber and dumber every year?

28. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.

29. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate bicyclists, the rules of the road don't seem to apply to them .

30. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

31. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 17 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #7  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Whew. Is the weekend over already? And I took Friday off, too - after having last Monday and the Friday before that off, as well. Can anybody tell that I'm getting sick to death of my job? I LOVE your new pic, PT!!!!! I changed mine, too. I'm kinda liking the idea of new month, new pic. Also like your latest post. Most of those really do apply to me. Makes me feel more like I fit in with everyone else. The rest of humanity, I mean. Sometimes I wonder about me, you know? But reading those made me feel like maybe I'm more normal than I realized?
Lynn, I'm awfully sorry to hear of your friend's death. Hopefully, she wasn't suffering in those last days.
Congrats on the pounds lost, Mary! That's awesome! I have been SO off-track lately. I'm going to be climbing back on the wagon with Bobbi tomorrow.
Looks like you enjoyed your time with your son, Karen. Are he and his GF and baby going to be coming back and staying with you after they drop his son off? It's so great to have family with you, isn't it?
Karen3, my worst birthday was my 30th. Back then, I heard you couldn't trust anybody over 30, and suddenly realized that I could no longer trust myself! And, besides that, I had the nerve to feel OLD! Never did think that someday I'd be TWICE that age, and still feeling old.... I've got to say that none of my birthdays since my 30th have bothered me a bit, though. Now, I've come to appreciate being old....would absolutely HATE to have to start all over again, you know?
Hi Freda! Hi Rosey! Wow...Isabella still hasn't checked in, has she? Do you have her regular email address, Lynn? To check in and make sure all is well, I mean?
I enjoyed my solitary day in Newport. I may have to do that every couple of weeks, now.

Z
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #8  
Donna

Good Morning, All..
VERY lovely picture, PT/Zoe! You look like a celeb! Fabulous, Dah'ling! Glad you enjoyed "your" day, too!

Nothing to report... getting down to the dirt with the heat, just one month to go! I can DO this! Otherwise, everything is status quo.

Still no Isabella... I do hope she's okay. And, Lynn, are you doing all right? KarenMOFLO, Freda, Rosey, everyone.... hope all is well! Stay cool and be safe!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #9  

Morning everyone..its to quiet around here..it went from lots of commotion to very quiet..im missing my girls and grkids..my weigh in was great.i managed to loose 3# inspite of all the company and eating more than i should..ill take it gladly..nothing new here..hope your day is great rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi,

First antibiotic didn't work. Began 2nd one today. YUCK!!!!!!!

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #11  
Bobbi

Follow This Morning Ritual to Get SlimmerEver skip breakfast, secretly hoping you'll fit into your jeans better if you do?

It's a natural thought. Less food in your belly means more room in your waistband, right? Think again. New research shows that skirting the ritual of a morning meal can totally sabotage your waistline by setting you up for minimal calorie burn and a bigger appetite throughout the day.
Break Your Fast
In fact, breakfast skippers are twice as likely as breakfast eaters to pile on pounds, according to the study results. It may be because energy-deprived breakfast skippers tend to be less active throughout the day, so they burn fewer calories. On top of that, when people skip breakfast, their blood levels of ghrelin -- a hunger-inducing hormone -- creep higher, upping the odds of downing a supersized meal or high-calorie treat later in the day.
More Breakfast Boons
Here's yet another potential benefit of eating breakfast: a richer, happier life. Yes, really! In the study, people who often skipped their a.m. meal reported bigger drops in vitality, social functioning, and mental and emotional well-being compared with the breakfast eaters. So belly up to the breakfast table each morning. You'll look better and feel better if you do
Old 08-02-2010, 11:41 PM   #12  

Height: 5'3"

Never have to worry about me skipping breakfast, or any meal for that matter

It was a beautiful day in the great NW! My dh is wanting to go somewhere, anywhere...lol he's much more of a social gadabout than me anyway and he's tired of staying home so much. So after doing necessary running around all day he wanted to go to Taco Bell of all places! We rarely eat there but he saw something on a commercial that looked good. Here I was thinking that yesterday was my sorta splurge day and now I was back on track with my diet and now Taco Bell... Well I did the best I could and it is what it is. Will start on track again tomorrow.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #13  
Bobbi

Good Morning....... I did fantastic yesterday about counting calories. Today we're going to the fair and we'll be eating there. It's going to be over 100 degrees with the heat index, I'm already feeling sorry for the critters in barns and stalls.
The recipes below are from Hungry girl, anyone tried these yet? The Squash fries I've had before and they are yummy, hope we get plenty of squash this year in our garden so I can make more.
The onion rings I haven't tried yet but will, the calories aren't that bad and you can eat these in place of your vegetable.
Have a great day!

Quote:
Butternut Squash Fries 2 servings
PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe): 125 calories, <0.5g fat, 158mg sodium, 33g carbs, 3g fiber, 6g sugars, 3g protein -- POINTS® value 2*
Ingredients:
1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds -- large enough to yield 20 oz. once peeled & sliced)
1/8 tsp. coarse salt
Optional: additional coarse salt
Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Slice the ends off the squash, and then cut it in half widthwise. Peel squash with a vegetable peeler or carefully with a knife. Cut the round bottom piece in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
Using a crinkle cutter or a knife, carefully cut squash into spears/French-fry shapes. (For exact nutritionals, measure out and use 20 oz.) Pat spears firmly with paper towels to absorb excess moisture. Sprinkle evenly with salt.
Lay spears out on a layer of paper towels, and let stand for at least 5 minutes, to allow the salt to draw out any excess moisture. Then pat with paper towels again. If you like, sprinkle with additional salt.
Spray a broiler pan, a baking rack placed over a baking sheet, or a baking sheet with nonstick spray, and then lay spears flat on it. (Use two pieces of bakeware, if needed.)
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, and then carefully flip spears. Bake for about 20 minutes longer, until tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Enjoy!

Lord of the Onion Rings 1 servings
PER SERVING (entire recipe): 155 calories, 1g fat, 515mg sodium, 41g carbs, 16g fiber, 7g sugars, 9g protein -- POINTS® value 2*
Ingredients:
1 large onion
1/2 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original)
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder, or more to taste
1/8 tsp. onion powder, or more to taste
1/8 tsp. salt, or more to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Slice the ends off the onion and remove its outer layer. Cut onion into 1/2-inch-wide slices, and separate into rings. Set aside.
Using a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Season the crumbs with spices and transfer to a plate.
Fill a small bowl with egg substitute. Prepare a baking sheet (or two, if you have a lot of rings) by spraying with nonstick spray. Set aside.
One at a time, dunk each ring in egg substitute, give it a shake to remove any excess, and then coat it in the seasoned crumbs. Evenly place rings on the baking sheet(s).
Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes, carefully flipping rings over about halfway through. Enjoy!
HG FYI! You'll only need about 1/4 cup egg substitute to coat your rings, but using 1/2 cup makes it soooo much easier.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 08-03-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:45 PM   #14  
Bobbi

:balloo ns:
Happy Birthday Glynne
Old 08-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #15  

Hi evryone..another very quiet day here..am trying to stay on my lo carb diet..it harder once you slip up to get back but today so far has been great..ive been catching up on laundry and dishes and also have my nose in the into the wilderness series..really great books..happy b-day glynne hope your day is happy..((hugs)) for all rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote