Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default IP Chat Week of May 23 - 30

Thought I would start the new thread for the week.
again this morning!!! Yah! That is what sticking to Phase 1 does!!!! According to my scale I an dow 4.4lbs so far this week, I am so excited for WI on Tues.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
again this morning!!! Yah! That is what sticking to Phase 1 does!!!! According to my scale I an dow 4.4lbs so far this week, I am so excited for WI on Tues.
Awesome Job ! Keep up the good work .
Old 05-23-2010, 10:19 AM   #3  

Sorry for doubling up on the new weekly threads, wasn't sure how to do it at first
Old 05-23-2010, 11:35 AM   #4  

Okay so I broke down and bought two things with my Grandpa money:

1. new bras - I started out at a 46DDD and I'm down to a 38D!
2. cute jean shorts - I started out wearing a size 24 and I bought a size 16!

Hooray!

And that's it for my big splurge with Grandpa's money lol.

Oh and the other day I finally moved down in BMI to Class I obesity (I started at class III or super morbidly obese), I know BMI is archaic but it's still a nice to see myself moving down on that scale too!

Pretty great for 4 months. Have I mentioned lately that I ♥ IP?!

Last edited by jordanna; 05-23-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Congrats Jordanna! You've got to be feeling great!

Great job to you too Journey!

Now to see if I did my weight ticker thing right...
Old 05-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #6  

Is there something wrong with having the vanilla drink everyday? Someone mentioned in the old thread that they try to only have one a couple of times a week. My coach has not mentioned anything about this, I have one nearly everyday. Can someone clarify this for me?
Old 05-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Sorry for doubling up on the new weekly threads, wasn't sure how to do it at first
Congrats on the weight loss! Thank you for the new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post

Oh and the other day I finally moved down in BMI to Class I obesity (I started at class III or super morbidly obese), I know BMI is archaic but it's still a nice to see myself moving down on that scale too!

WOO HOO!!! Great job! It is so nice to be changing sizes! You are really doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrook View Post
Congrats Jordanna! You've got to be feeling great!

Great job to you too Journey!

Now to see if I did my weight ticker thing right...
I SEE IT!! I SEE IT! What a pretty ticker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpeachycc View Post
Is there something wrong with having the vanilla drink everyday? Someone mentioned in the old thread that they try to only have one a couple of times a week. My coach has not mentioned anything about this, I have one nearly everyday. Can someone clarify this for me?
It was me. I have heard nothing about the drinks being limited. For some reason my coach asks a lot of questions when I am having 2 or 3 in a week. I know CW and others are using 2 or 3 a day and Losing MUCH more than me per week. I have thought of forcing the issue and trying to drink at least 1 per day. They have a little more fat in them and my body seems to need that. THEY ARE AN UNRESTRICTED ITEM ON THE IP PROTOCOL SHEET.

CW Please read! This is directed to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Happy New IP Week, peeps!

I was trying to figure out why I couldn't reply to posts in the last thread when I realized that the thread was closed... haha

CW~ Yesterday was my daughter's graduation open house. We were able to have my brother-in-law 'there'. He is in Iraq and he was there via Skype. It was so cool! Some people, like his mom, hadn't seen him since he left. Do you and your hubby Skype? Congrat's on the new size! It's sooo fun, isn't it?
Good Idea!
Old 05-23-2010, 12:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

off to the baby shower, wish me luck! I know there wont be any vegetables there but am taking my pom/berry drink mix & a bottle of bubbly water.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #9  

Quote:

Hooray!

Jordanna you are doing so fabulous!!!! Such an inspiration to everyone to keep working on being strick with Phase 1!!
You have much more restraint splurging with your Grandpa's gift, I am sure I would go out and buy more than that!!!
My Grandson (9yrs old) made me a Mii on his Wii the other nite and when we put in my info he was sure my Mii shouldn't have gotten SO BIG!!! LOL He sees me as a perfect Grandma, which is great, but I will be even better when my Mii isn't so big!!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Regarding the premade drinks, my coach informed me that they used to be a restricted item but then changed to a nonrestricted recently. Maybe that's why there is some debate or whatever with them. All I know is that they are yummy. Especially the vanilla.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #11  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Has anyone tried using a waffle iron for the IP pancakes or crepes?

Last edited by ChelleFL; 05-23-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

my goodness, so much to catch up on in just a few days, have been having a wonderful weekend just hanging out at the house with my frisky 15 month old son. i'm so happy that these days i feel like i have the energy to play all day and clean on the weekends. before ip, i just felt SO LAZY!

Quote:
yipee!! keep us updated!

Quote:

Hooray!

wow, what a difference a few months can make! i too need to go bra shoping, started at 38DD and i just measured this morning and i'm 34 around on my chest!! not sure if i'm at a large C or a small D now, but goodness i don't think i've been in a 34 in bra since middle school! congrats on the BMI change too. i have a question you may be able to answer jordanna: my coach's weight watchers digital scale measures BMI and her scale shows 30%(started out at 34) bmi. my bmi calculations on the online calculators and on fitday are at 26.5, of course i'd prefer to believe those but how accurate are thse electrical current bmi scales??

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpeachycc View Post
you can have up 3 boxed vanilla drinks a day, there are a few ladies on here that do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
off to the baby shower, wish me luck! I know there wont be any vegetables there but am taking my pom/berry drink mix & a bottle of bubbly water.
good luck! and so excited for the 142 reading this morning i'm kind of thinking about investing in a scale for my house. wonder if i might scale hop too much then though. anybody decided to chunk the scale because it was stressing them out too much?

Carla-Thank you!!

CW, so excited to hear about your success you look beautiful in your pictures with your husband and are just glowing with self-esteem and pride now! you rock!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-23-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

This is my second week on IP and my first weigh in was great! I weigh myself every morning and my weight has been the exact same the last 4 days I am following it to a T. My coach said I should loose 3 to 5 lbs. a week. Am I doing something wrong or am I just not being patient enough?

One more thing......do you all weigh out your veggies?

Thanks
-------------------------- merged by MOD -------------------------------
good luck! and so excited for the 142 reading this morning i'm kind of thinking about investing in a scale for my house. wonder if i might scale hop too much then though. anybody decided to chunk the scale because it was stressing them out too much?

I am tempted to get rid of my scale or have my husband hide it. I am constantly on mine and it does get stressful.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:14 PM   #14  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
This is my second week on IP and my first weigh in was great! I weigh myself every morning and my weight has been the exact same the last 4 days I am following it to a T. My coach said I should loose 3 to 5 lbs. a week. Am I doing something wrong or am I just not being patient enough?

Thanks

don't be discouraged! i had the same issue with the scale not budging about a week ago, weighed on a friday, 180.1 and then again on monday, still 180.1. did my weigh in on wednesday(on same scale-i work at an office where ip is sold) and i was down to 177 in a matter of 48 hours. totally weird! but just keep going, you'll be amazed how quickly your body can drop weight once it realizes you are not starving and it's ok to let the fat go

i don't weigh veggies- 2 cups of veggies is a volume thing not weight(1 cup=8 oz), i could never eat 2 lbs of vegetables a day!

i think i may just hold off on getting a scale at home, i already hop on the one at work 2-3 times a day during the work week, no need to obsess over it any more than that i suppose

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-23-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #15  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
AMAZING JOB! you are so focused, it's inspiring!! I'm into my old bras (dug out of boxes) and trying to tell myself when I reach goal, I'm going to get some bra/panty sets like I've wanted all my life. Just because I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Thanks
I got confused with this at first also but here is the easy comparison (according to my coach):

Veggies: Measured by volume. 2 cups, as measured when RAW (this makes a really big difference when you have something like eggplant or zuchinni or kale chips, or other veggies that get a lot smaller once the water cooks out.)

Meat: Measured by weight. 7oz fish or 5oz meat/poultry, but this is measured COOKED weight.

So I don't weigh my veggies, but do weigh my whole protein. 5 0z of chicken is actually a good size portion. Or a good sized grilled hamburger.
Closed Thread