Old 01-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

cakebatter I was a psych major, but switched to sociology after my second year. The school I was at, really focused on biology aspect of pyschology and it just wasn't for me. Over the last couple of years, I decided that I'd really like to get my Masters in Counselling. Since I don't have a psych degree I have to take a few psych course to meet the requirements. I hear ya on the getting back in enrolled.... I'm terrified about being a full time student again.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Hey guys. I just bought the 30DS off Barnes and Nobles.com because I heard so much about it. I figured 20 min a day ....I can do that. I am excited to use it. Has anyone used it before and got results? I sae on the "favorite workout DVD" thread.

Sabrina WELCOME. Awesome on your 5lbs loss. I just love bellydancing. I have a midsection too. I actually hate but I know if I keep working at it, it willgo away and then I can show it off. So I guess I am learning moves now for when I am skinny...LOL

Last edited by CakeBatter; 01-12-2009 at 03:49 PM.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 233/233/170

Height: 5'6"

What is a 30DS?
sabrinaforless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #34  
**My name is Rachel!**

S/C/G: 146/141.5/125

sabrina - haha i have the same problem with sunday nights.....i never want to go to bed b/c that means that when i wake up it is monday! drive DH nuts!

also, 30DS is the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels of the Biggest Loser. I haven't tried it but my friend *loves* it.

cakebatter - you can call me rach no problem!

water is usually pretty hard for me to drink, but I can down juice no problem. juice has calories though. I've tried some of the flavored waters but dont really like any of them. I like the water at my house but the water at work (where i am ALL day) tastes weird, i dont know why....

I can't decide if I like the elliptical or the treadmill better. Sometimes I think I work harder on the treadmill b/c I set it to a certain level/speed and I *have* to keep up! With the elliptical I find that I catch myself slowing down for no reason....any thoughts?
rnbg813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

rnbg -- Why not bring a BIG bottle of water from home into work with you? And if you don't like water, try drinking REALLY diluted juice, or, more accurately, using juice to flavor your water. It really works! Just fill a bottle almost all the way with water and then add a little of your favorite juice. I also love lemon/lime in my water. Give it a try, because calories from juice add up pretty fast, and water just makes you feel good!

Taylor -- YOU ARE SO AWESOME!! I'm impressed.

Sabrina -- welcome!!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 233/233/170

Rachel -- I've never EVER watched BIGGEST LOSER, I don't normally watch tv. In fact, I dislike it. I mostly watch movies OR if I do watch tv it's the Discovery Channel for me. My aunt called me up one day was like, "Don't be offended but I want you to try out for BL." OH yeah, sure that's not offensive. But really it didn't bother me too much. But I definitely wouldn't ever go on a show like that. If I'm going to be in front of the camera I want to look hot. Maybe I should check that book out though.

Last edited by sabrinaforless; 01-12-2009 at 04:11 PM.
sabrinaforless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #37  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

cake - oh! i understand i used to WW i might go back when i am closer to goal. yr making me really want to start bellydancing i am going to dvr some more shimmy and try it out

taylor - lol thanks that was so cute and made me smile lol. i totally love her its kind of weird. when i am in the gym i call her motivation cause i want a toned but still curvy body like hers. and ive had that before so i know its not a dream just a distant reality right now lol

hwga is the 30DS poster child lol! u should ask her but ive done it for a bit and saw amazing results in a short period of time. i had to clean my dryer out because the roommates jeans stained it blue. i'm glad i noticed b4 all of my clothes were blue. it would have been some furniture movin in this mofo lol
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #38  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone...
Been forever... and ever.
I have always been thinking about 3FC but just felt ashamed of myself for not keeping up as I should have.
I haven't gained that much but haven't lost either. Just back and forth and still in the 170's. I just updated my ticker and it says that I was 4 lb lighter almost 4 months ago. I can't believe it's been that long! Sigh... I think I kinda stopped after the visit to Korea...
I am going to start again really well and... missed you guys! I still see some familiar names, which I'm so glad to see. WTG girls!!

Last edited by taragettingthin; 01-12-2009 at 04:18 PM.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #39  
Can't wait till 170

Taylor, by the way I love your new pic! Cute!
Old 01-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #40  
**My name is Rachel!**

Sabrina -

don't worry I've never seen it either. i think its on nbc (?) which I don't get. even if it was, i think there are already two other shows that I watch on at the same time

BTW, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for American Idol to start tomorrow. It's my favorite show and last season was the best EVER! I'm excited to see what AI8 has in store
Old 01-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #41  
I will do this.

Tara I totally just asked about you in last weeks thread! I am so glad you are back! I really missed you!!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #42  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I walked 4 and a half miles today pushing the stroller! I was only gone for about 80 minutes! Not too shabby! It was a beautiful day outside and DS was in such a bad mood. I thought fresh air might do both of us some good Boy was I right! He's napping so hard right now!!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #43  
**My name is Rachel!**

Yay! 4/8 for my water. Now I am closing up at work and then heading home. This is where the real challenge begins, GETTING to the gym and NO SNACKING! wish me luck! hubby will be gone most the night so I will be bored and it will be hard.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #44  
**My name is Rachel!**

disgruntled one - that is awesome that you are a sign language interpreter. I was a speech-path major in college before I quit and took beginning ASL and loved it. i was actually thinking of switching to interpreting but never really looked into it b/c then i got married, quit school and we moved. i still love asl though. what is the job market like for interpreters? does it pay ok? do you have to just get a certificate or do you have to get a bachellors or something? thanks!
Old 01-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #45  
Can't wait till 170

Aww... thank you Taylor. I missed you too~~~!!

So I was taking a shower and realized that if I kept going at it without falling off the wagon, I would've lost about 28 lbs in the past 4 months and would be well in the normal range of weight..at 146! (I was losing about 7 lb/month average) But we human are quite interesting animals. Just yesterday, I was really feeling down telling myself I'm going to lose at least 35 lb till August.. Today? I'm actually feeling great. I was telling myself "Why bother to feel angry at myself with something in the past, which I can't do anything about? I will lose the 28 lbs by the spring and will look great!" How we look at things can really affect how we feel, for sure!

mbg813. I'm actually getting ready to go to work now and that's where MY challenge begins. lol. I work night shift and we can eat in the office so we eat and eat... Good luck with the gym and no snacking.

leighish, wow. when my DD was little girl, I never thought of walking outside pushing the stroller. I just gave myself an excuse that I couldn't work out because of the girl. Well. WTG! and I know how it feels to be in the "same" place.. I feel like I've been in the 170's forever...(I have only myself to blame but I still am tired of it. lol) btw, I just saw your progress pics. Wow! Good job! Has anyone told you that you look so much younger, too?

Disgruntle, my first ever work out dvd was also belly dancing set and I think I did it like 2 times altogether (and there are 5 dvds in the set...so... you can tell how much I hated it) Well. ever since then, I make sure to read reviews and stuff before purchasing workout dvd and it's been good so far.

rnbg, I used to watch American Idol too... but I think I stopped after the 2nd season because of my work schedule. I don't get to watch ANYTHING, which sucks. I'm supposed to get my work schedule changed to daytime sometime this year, which will be awesome for TV shows, and even for my eating schedule, although I will have to figure out work out time. Well, hopefully it will happen before the season is over so I can catch some of the show!

Last edited by taragettingthin; 01-12-2009 at 08:26 PM.