Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 12:09 PM   #3
floridarusty
Lifetime Loser

Phyllis - Golden Girl

PERSONAL INFORMATION: I am 62 yrs. young! Married and live in south Florida, 3 children, 2 step children and 7 grandchildren under the age of 7 yrs. and that includes 4 two year olds! We have a Doberman named Rusty and he is going on 14 yrs. old and we were the proud owners of a Mainecoon cat and a solid black cat that lived to the ripe old age of 19. We retired last year after owning an office supply business.

This is my third marriage....I have been widowed twice, once at age 28 and then again at age 38.....my dh (my best friend) and I have been married 20 yrs.

Computer is one of my hobbies, needlepoint, reading, walking, traveling and running a priviate discussion group on the web are a few more. We are TV watchers and love all the CSI shows, Medium, Idol, Dance shows, 2 1/2 men, How I met your Mother but dislike reality shows in general. Oh and I must confess to watching The Young and The Restless and General Hospital if I am home!

DIET / EXERCISE REGIMEN: I am 5'4" and as of today weigh 186. My highest weight was around 203. I was skinny in high school 115 lbs., 125 after my babies. I have been on every diet there is I believe. I joined a weight loss clinic and lost 45 lbs. and put it all back on in a year after I stopped going.

Right now I am walking 1 or 2 miles each day with the WATP dvd and have just added Oxysize in the afternoons a couple weeks ago. I have lost 6 lbs. since June 1. Also the best thing I have ever done but the most expensive is going to a hypnotist....I still go about every 3 weeks and listen to his cd's every day. He has helped with the motivation and will to make daily exercise part of my lifestyle and cut my food intake....I'm a true believer.

SPECIAL HOPES / ASPIRATIONS / ACHIEVMENTS / CHALLENGES: I want to be in the 160's by the end of Oct. for a family reunion at Disney World and be in better shape for walking and keeping up with my grandchildren.

I have a couple serious health issues to deal with. I had a single heart by-pass 8 yrs. ago and have Chronic Kidney Failure which leaves my kidneys only working at 20%. What that mainly is doing to my body is I get tired easily but I am building some stamina with the exercise and weight loss now.

With the Kidney failure I have to watch certain foods that I eat so most diets are not feasible but I still can eat most anything in moderation. Also have IBS which flares up on occasion.

My main goal is to keep the kidney function at 20% and not have to go on dialysis, so far so good.

I must say I am feeling younger, better and more toned since I started walking, hypnosis and smaller food portions in May...........in my case my health and life really depends on my keeping this lifestyle.

P.S. I LOVE the Golden Girls thread.......a wonderful group of women.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
floridarusty is offline   Reply With Quote