Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #91  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Autopsy View Post
thats weird why is 200+ in the 100 lb. club section? confusion! i'll try to find the thread i was SUPPOSED to be in, no idea how i even got here tbh
I get confused by the topic headings too. Maybe "100lb club" means people wanting to lose more than 100lbs?

Anyway, you're more than welcome here! I technically don't belong in this thread anymore either, but I've been sticking around
Old 04-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
I get confused by the topic headings too. Maybe "100lb club" means people wanting to lose more than 100lbs?

Anyway, you're more than welcome here! I technically don't belong in this thread anymore either, but I've been sticking around
Perhaps, I thought 100 club meant people who are 199 or below. Well, i'm always interested in conversation so if anyone needs some support i'll be around
Old 04-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #93  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Well welcome Alyssa We love posters here and love to converse. I think that the 100lb is .... is people wanting to lose 100+ lbs... but either way we all want to lose weight and conquer that gremlin LOL I have a few of those.... about 114 of them LOL It looks like you have done very well... Good for you and you are an inspiration to us here too.

Take care and join in!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 04-15-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #94  
Mary

S/C/G: 281/273.8/160

Height: 5'8"

I just purchased the 8 week Zombie 5K program - my big goal is to be able to (mostly) run a 5K, hopefully this helps me reach that goal. I tried C25K before but never made it past the 2nd week because my phone at the time wouldn't let me play music while I ran.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
Well welcome Alyssa We love posters here and love to converse. I think that the 100lb is .... is people wanting to lose 100+ lbs... but either way we all want to lose weight and conquer that gremlin LOL I have a few of those.... about 114 of them LOL It looks like you have done very well... Good for you and you are an inspiration to us here too.

Take care and join in!
thank you! well i started at 205 and want to be 105 (sounds very low, but even at that weight i had a belly and touching thighs, i'm pretty short) so i'm in the wanna-lose-100-pounds club. and as of this morning i am officially 25% of the way there!

and thank you very much! the calorie counting is really what's helping me, i didn't realize how many calories i used to eat! i used to get a 24-ounce lo mein and eat the whole thing for lunch, not realizing it was 2,400 cals in JUST that box of lo mein! and i would eat a lot of junk, like cold pizza for breakfast and lucky charms (3-4 bowls full) for dinner xP now i'm eating proper foods, as well as cutting out stuff like high fructose corn syrup as much as possible. i'll still have 1-2 sodas each month, but i really don't think that'll kill me.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #96  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Alyssa.... We do amaza ourselves with what we "used" to eat... thinking ... gosh I did not really eat THAT much LOL I used to eat a whole frozen pizza (and I put extra cheese on it too) and then lie down on the couch and fall asleep... yeah... I have been there too

You said in your post that you only drink sodas once or twice a month? It that is all.. then that's nothing.... But for me any kind of refined sugar.. heck even sugar alchohols kill my weight loss (thus I am low carb).

Yes this whole thing is a lesson in how to just eat well and be well I am thinking....
Old 04-16-2013, 12:46 AM   #97  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Just poking my head in to say hello - this will be my new decade thread sometime in May I think.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:34 AM   #98  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Alyssa, that's quite all right! Feel free to chat with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeogirl View Post
Just poking my head in to say hello - this will be my new decade thread sometime in May I think.
Rodeogirl!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #99  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeogirl View Post
Congrats on getting out of the 300s. We'll save a place for you here and see you soon!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #100  
Mary

S/C/G: 281/273.8/160

Height: 5'8"

I'm nervous we are heading down to family in CT for a visit tomorrow - I have such a hard time controlling myself food wise in CT. It is where I grew up so there are so many foods I miss eating (like grinders, they make italians up here but no one makes a real grinder) and places I miss eating (like good Jewish Deli's with half sour pickles). The next few days will be a challenge for sure, thankfully we are staying in an apartment at my grandma's place so we'll have our own kitchen I'm bringing lots of healthy snacks and things I know are safe to eat and I will just do my best for breakfast and lunch (the meals we usually eat at the apartment) and do my best if we go out to eat. I just need to practice moderation and really listen to my body when it tells me I am full.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
Alyssa.... We do amaza ourselves with what we "used" to eat... thinking ... gosh I did not really eat THAT much LOL I used to eat a whole frozen pizza (and I put extra cheese on it too) and then lie down on the couch and fall asleep... yeah... I have been there too

You said in your post that you only drink sodas once or twice a month? It that is all.. then that's nothing.... But for me any kind of refined sugar.. heck even sugar alchohols kill my weight loss (thus I am low carb).

Yes this whole thing is a lesson in how to just eat well and be well I am thinking....
ive eaten an entire large dominos pizza AND 16-piece bbq wings in one sitting xD see, i used to eat like once a day, but that one time eating would be a huge binge. i still have binging issues now, but it's getting better as i haven't been stocking up on the types of things i binge on... like donuts. i used to get those entemann devils food crumb donuts (my faaaaavorite) and i would be like "oh yeah i'll just have one a day" but then they're gone not 2 hours after i bring them home ;P

yeah soda has a lot of sugar and corn syrup products, so i have it very rarely. i loooove how it tastes so i drink only a little at a time (yesterday i drank 1/4 bottle root beer) and it lasts longer. i kinda make myself sick with it tho because i wasn't thinking about the soda and i had a chocolate carnation breakfast drink... soda does NOT go well with chocolate milk xD

yes, i think everyone, even people who are thin, would do well looking into the calories/fat/sugar/sodium/cholesterol/hfcs etc contents of their foods. its possible to be fat and healthy and possible to be skinny and unhealthy. i used to be skinny (size 0) and unhealthy. i'm much healthier right now at a size 16 since i am actually eating mostly properly and doing some light exercise.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #102  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!!! Well, that 270 did not last long. I'm not sure why. I have been completely OP and drinking a ton of water so I'm confused. I know it will come back off so Im not goin to stress too much about it. But the scale did go up to 272 today. Blah... And it seems everytime I work out for the first time I'm up a few pounds. Anyone here of that?

Alyssa your doing great. I know exactly what you mean about the eating thing. I could easily eat that whole pizza too with the wings. I feel so much better now that I don't eat like that. I'm sure you do as well. Your right chocolate milk and soda.. Blah!!! Keep up the good work.

Ladypurl, good luck on your trip. Just watch your portions. You can do this!!

Rodeo, congrats on getting in the 2's. See you soon. I think even when I get to the 260s I'll stay here and chat.. If I ever get there..lol..
Old 04-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #103  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

@Angies, yep, I've had small rises in weight after working out for the first time. I think it is related to our muscles storing water. I wouldn't worry. Either way, you'll get it off.

@everyone - best of luck staying on plan!

277.5 lbs. I feel excited and relieved! Fingers-crossed the weight continues to come off!!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyangies View Post
Hey guys!!! Well, that 270 did not last long. I'm not sure why. I have been completely OP and drinking a ton of water so I'm confused. I know it will come back off so Im not goin to stress too much about it. But the scale did go up to 272 today. Blah... And it seems everytime I work out for the first time I'm up a few pounds. Anyone here of that?
That happens to me too. It's frustrating to see the scale go up, but I figure if I know I was OP, it has to be water retention and it will go away in a day or so.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #105  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to getting here in a couple months - by then most of you will have moved on I bet!

But don't worry there will be more of us coming to keep the legacy alive.
Closed Thread