YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 07-21-2005, 07:36 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Awesome Misty... I know what you mean about looking back on a full year and saying I couild have lost more then I did. That is what is motivating me as well I swam yesterday and will prob take today off except to do light yoga.
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:56 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 235/235/140

Well, I am back at the gym working out and lifting weights. I am starting to feel like a normal human being again. I haven't gotten back on the scale to see if I have lost any weight. I don't think that I have but, at least I am working out. I have been doing upper body and the lower body. I did miss 2 days though (too lazy to do it.) and wondering WHY I do that. Because I feel so good after I do it.

I found out that my sister-in-law (my brother's wife) had 5 what they call feather stroaks. The sad thing is that she is not that old. She is only like 43 or something like that. She has lost some of her vision in her left eye and has a catarac on her right. She hasn't taken very good care of herself. She smokes like a chimeny and she has diabetes and a number of health problems. So I think that is a good enough reason to get back in shape. Plus I don't want to be like my cousin who recently died from complications to diabetes. She was on dialisys and had several heart attacks and that is just not my way to live.

Karen
flormansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 12:12 PM   #78  

Great Job Karen! You too Nikki. I just can't seem to get into teh whoel exercise thing.

I am going to my best friend's this weekend. I am leaving tonight and coming back tomarrow. So I ahev a ton to get done before then. I am trying to eat light today to sav emy points for tonight. I have 31 flex points left so taht should help. We always end up eating out. I amhoping to make smart choices.

I will not give in to Olive Garden Chicken Con Broccoli and bread sticks with Alfredo Sauce. I will not give in to Olive Garden Chicken Con Broccoli and bread sticks with Alfredo Sauce. I will not give in to Olive Garden Chicken Con Broccoli and bread sticks with Alfredo Sauce.

Maybe I should look up the nutrition information that way I know what it looks like and will not be able to kid myself should the temtation arise.

Well have a great weekend!
~misty
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:13 AM   #79  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been MIA. We've had half of the house torn apart and my computer is in the basement and not hooked up to anything. I haven't checked my e-mail in days!

I still haven't weighed in, I'm actually kind of dreading it now. Basically I've just been eating whatever and not really worrying about what or how much. Yes I've thought many times how much weight I could have lost by now but it doesn't motivate me anymore, rather it just depresses me. I'm not sure where I am with my weight loss. Right now I'm so concerned about getting the house ready for sale and worrying about getting a full-time job that I just haven't really thought about it much. I'm just not at a stable time in my life right now that I can put forth the effort that I really need to. I haven't been to the gym in about 2 weeks. Last week my 3 year old was at home all week plus I was doing a ton of painting and other stuff around the house. This week I am working 3 nights, tonight, wednesday and friday, with that schedule I'm going to be sleeping half of the time! Next week I am working mon,tues, thurs and fri so it is going to be even worse. Anyway I have decided that when my membership for the gym comes due at the end of next month I am just going to end it. I enjoy it but I just have trouble working it into my daily routine. Plus we are planning on moving in the fall so we are probably going to be far enough away that I won't be able to go anyway.

Misty - how was the wedding? did you resist olive garden temptation???

Take care all. I promise I will weigh in on Wednesday and see where I am at.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 04:35 AM   #80  
Jen

I weighed in at work and was at about 230 so that is promising. 5 weeks and 2 days to go til the end of challenge!
Old 07-26-2005, 09:35 AM   #81  

Hey there,

Yeah Jen with that schedule it would be hard to get anything done. Sometimes I think in our lives it makes sense to put active weightloss on hold. I know it's hard to pick back up and we ofte end up gaining in that hold period, but sometimes I think the rest of life has to come first you know? Just try your best and make the best choices you can in the moment and when things settle down you can dedicate yourself to it. But it sounds liek you really aren't doing too bad though, Jen.

My weekend was ok. I yelled at my bestfriend's husband for screaming at my daughter. I have absolutley no problem with them correcting my daughter when she is doing something unsafe or dangerous. Or even if she is getting naughty about sharing to a degree. But she and my friend's little girl were both very tired Saturday night. They had had no naps and we had shopped all day. Well thier daughter had recently gotten a new doll bed and my daughter wanted to play with it. When thier daughter who is 19 months old came over my daughter, who is 2 my daughter, thought she was going to take the bed away from her. So my daughter yelled "Stop it" at thier daughter and they began pulling on each end of the bed. My daughter told the other little girl to "stop it" again and my friend's husband screamed at her. I had already been in mid motion to go difuse the situation. Both girls were tired. My thought was my daughter is only two. They expect so much from her b/c she is OLDER. And I thought considering she was doing pretty well, she was using her words and not punching the other kid. So I very loudly informed her husband he is not to yell at my children that way.

I honestly should have left right after dinner then this whole thing would not have happened. I could tell that my kids were too much for my friend, who is rigid and a neat freak. She has all these rules about when her kid can have this or that. No juice or milk after dinner only water. If my kids had half a cup of juice or milk left after dinner she'd take it away and dump it out. My kids usually use one cup all day I just rinse it out and refill it. Well she insists that everyone uses a new cup everytime they get a new drink. So then she was complaining about all the extra dishes three kids dirty and how much more work it is. My opinion is she creates work for herself. She is very strict with her daughter. If her daughter drops a toy more than once from the stroller she takes it away. Well my son dropped his toy and she picked it up twice. The second time she put it under the stroller and wouldn't let him have it back. Yeah great, it was the only thing keeping him entertained through the mall. I gave it to him.

The reason I didn't leave is b/c my husband did NOTHING of what he was supposed to which was the reason for us going. In the end he went flying SUnday anyway and still got nothing done so I should have left.

So I think futrue visits may be limited to one day outings. They are great people and have really helped us out. They all but clothed my daughter her first year. They bought a bunch of stuff at yard sales for thier daughter and let me use it first since mine was older. They bought tons of stuff for my son when he was born and owuldn't except any money from me. They have been given outdoor play toys and if it's too big for thier daughter or if they already have one like it they give it to us. We pass things back and forth. But we just have really different parenting styles and really family dynamics. My husband and I rarley yell, we disagree and it is tense. But my best friend SCREAMS at her husband, about everything from folding the laundry to changing his shirt b/c she doesn't like the one he is wearing. My kids get WAY too stressed out there.

But the happy news is I stayed on plan. I weigh in tonight.

Ok my son is ready for his morning nap. talk to you laters
Old 07-26-2005, 10:25 AM   #82  

Hi All-

I weighed n this morning and wanted to share. I am up .8 which is not a big gain at all. Someone said 5 weeks to go. That means I am looking at a little over a pound loss a week. How is everyone doing today and in general?

We can do this !!!

Nikki
Old 07-26-2005, 10:33 AM   #83  

Nikki-You are right .8 is not bad. I have about 14.5 to go. So that is almost 3 pounds per week. I weigh in tonight so I will have an updated number then.

I probably won't make it. But I really won't be that upset. B/c honestly this is only my third week of actually trying to lose. As long as I stay on track from now until the end of the challenge I will be happy.

I have sooooo much to do! SO I better get off the computer and go do it huh?
~misty
Old 07-26-2005, 04:22 PM   #84  
Jen

Hey all. I weighed in when I woke up this afternoon and I'm up to about 232 but I'll see what I am tomorrow morning seeing as I was up all night I don't think it is accurate. It sounds like your friend is a nice person but as you say having different parenting styles makes things difficult. I suspect as her daughter gets older your friend might loosen up a bit. I don't think I would have yelled at another person's child like that. Screaming at children that young doesn't accomplish anything except usually to make them break out in tears.

Good luck with your weigh in tonight, I'm sure you'll do well!

Yeah you are right that it is hard to lose weight when things are so crazy. I'm not going to drive myself nuts over it, there is no sense in it. I'm hoping that my weight will at least stay stable and I'll try to modify my eating a bit since I"m having troubles getting my exercise in.

Last edited by Jen; 07-26-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:42 PM   #85  

Weighed in tonight. I am down another 3.5 pounds. For a total of 10 in 3 weeks. 11 more to reach my goal

Well have agreat night. Get some rest Jen!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:22 AM   #86  

Way to go Misty.... You are doing awesome .
Old 07-28-2005, 01:04 AM   #87  
Jen

Misty you totally rock!!!!! Great work!

I weighed in this am at 231 so I'm not totally unhappy with that. I've made a conscious effort the past couple of days to stop eating after 7pm and cut out dessert at supper. I ate a bit too much at lunch today but I only had a protein shake at breakfast and it wasn't that much calories so I'm not beating myself up about it. I even made banana walnut muffins this afternoon and I didn't have one!

Had rather an upsetting day yesterday, we had a ton of rain, like monsoon weather and the basement got really, really wet. I was down there with the shop vac trying to stay ahead of the flood. Nothing was damaged but it is discouraging because it is worse than what we thought. We knew the basement leaked a bit but it has never been this bad. Considering that we are going to put the house up for sale it is definately not a good thing.

Well at work tonight, should be quiet, off tomorrow and back Friday. Next week will be a nightmare because I'm working a lot but it won't kill me and at least I know I'll have a decent pay.

Take care all.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:20 AM   #88  

Good morning!

Sorry to hear about your basement Jen. That sucks! Great job on the muffins!!!! Isn't it hard to taste what you cook. DH wants cookies sometime while it's cool teh next few days. YIKES.

Sounds like you are doing well though. Even if you don't see huge drops in the numbers you can be sure that during this kind of crazy time you aren't seeing it going way up either. Great Job!!

well got to run
Old 07-28-2005, 04:33 PM   #89  
Jen

Thanks for the encouragement Misty. I did end up having a muffin and a piece of fruit and called that breakfast. VG too. It is very inspiring to see your ticker taking a downward spiral. Geez, next week you are going to be in onderland, I just know it!!
Old 07-29-2005, 03:56 PM   #90  
Jen

Well TGIF! It has been a terrible week. I don't think I've ever been so tired. This has been a crazy work schedule this week, I won't be doing that again!! Next week will be just as bad but after that I think I have some down time where I will actually feel like a human being. I work tonight but have Saturday and Sunday off and back in on Monday night. Sunday we are taking our son to see Thomas the Tank Engine at this event where we get to go on a train ride and there are other activities. I hope he enjoys it. Likely to be a long crazy day though.

Wish I could say things were good on the diet front but things are spectacularly bad and I'm not too worked up about it right now. Was kind of depressed today, I think more from having to go to work tonight feeling so sleep deprived and just in general not feeling like working. So I ended up going back to bed after I took my son to daycare and caught a few more hours of sleep which is good because it will make my night a little easier but even when I woke up I didn't much want to get out of bed. Just one of those days.

Well here's hoping that the weekend is good and next week flys by fast so that I can have a few days where I can catch up on sleep!