YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 07-16-2005, 09:47 AM   #61  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I know what you mean about the snot, I hate it when my son has a runny nose. There is nothing that looks as nasty as a kid with a runny nose!

Yes you have to sand the mud after it goes on the drywall, give your hubby a smack!

How did you do at the carnival? I did well yesterday with my journalling. We had take out from an Italian place for dinner but I think I was pretty restrained with it. The food from this place is so good, we used to go there regularly and pig out like we were never going to eat again.

Still waiting for my book, I"m hoping it's going to be here before lunch as I'd still like to get out and do some stuff but I"m not leaving the house until it gets here!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 11:24 AM   #62  

Good morning. We decided to skip teh carnival and go to the balloon rally tonight. We opted to go to a smaller town with nothing going on and grab some dinner. DH and kids got pizza and I grabbed a Healthy Choice meal, fruit, and soem chips ahoy 100 calorie packs. Some ladies on the WW thread recommended this and boy was it YUMMMMMMMY

1 cup of no sugar added icecream-they used Edy's fudge swirl I had on hand Turkey Hill Dutch chocolate fat free sugar free
1/2 a package of crushed chips ahoy 100 calorie cookie pack
2 T fat free cool whip

It's like 3 points. And sooo worth it. The cookies fall into the refined carb category, but it's only like 50 calories for 1/2 a pack.

I had a big breakfast but I am hoping to save the rest of my points until tonight so we can get soem dinner at teh balloon rally. I am hoping to go to a restuarnt instead of sketchy carnival food, but who knows with my husband. We may not even end up going. I hate not having plans.

Enjoy your book! I can't wait to read it, of course I'll probably have to wait until the movie comes out and my siblings have it. LOL

~misty
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 10:41 PM   #63  
Jen

Got my book about 11:30 this morning, finished it at 8:30 tonight. Yes I am an incredibly fast reader when I am motivated! It's just a little over 600 pages, not as long as the 5th book. Kind of disappointed, not as many questions were answered to my liking, she's really going to have a lot to cram into book 7 I think.

On the down side my eating was pretty bad today, weekends are always hard for me.

Good for you Misty with your dinner last night, you are doing so well!
Old 07-17-2005, 08:39 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 235/235/140

Yesterday was the first day on plan. I am doing it on my own. I looked at ww and thought they are to expensive for*me right now. So I went to the gym and had a great work out. Then I went and got my hair cut came home and took a nap then dh called me and wanted me to bring some extra wood for this floor that he's doing so I did that and then we came home and had some chicken on the grill with sweet corn on the cob salad and cantaloupe. Then went to bed early. I wonder if my thyroid is still off bc I still feel tired even when I have had a decent night sleep. I have been taking meds for that but I still wonder if that is my problem. Oh well. I will be working out anyway this morning.

Karen
flormansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:14 AM   #65  

Good morning!

We did not get up at the crack of dawn to see the balloons. Thanks goodness my daughter doesn't seem to remember Daddy told her we would. What was he thinking?

Great job Karen, you had a busy busy day. My mom has problems with her thyroid. She has had to have her medication tweaked a few times. She's always tired. I do not know much about it though. Of course you might just be really tired after all that activity

Jen, I'm glad you got your book. I can red fast like that with a good book, I read some books by Dan Brown of late they were pretty good. I have not read The Davinci Code, yet though.
~misty
Old 07-18-2005, 03:32 AM   #66  
Jen

Hey there. I'm on nights tonight (obviously). My eating was so-so today. No breakfast then a big plate of scrambled eggs and toast at lunch, grilled chicken, mac and cheese and peas at supper. Then tonight I've had 2 cans of coke and a big bag of microwave popcorn. Oh I forgot some of those Social Tea Biscuits. So I don't think I'm going to have anything else tonight, water maybe. I'm really tired right now, still have 3.5 hours to go, hopefully it will go by fast.

Just a little over 6 weeks to go in this challenge, boy it has gone by fast eh? I won't mind though when summer is over because I totally hate this heat and humidity. We had no rain for like a month and over this weekend we had a huge deluge. Of course it didn't do a thing to cool things off at all, still as hot as it was before. I prefer the fall, that is my favourite season, still sunny mostly but cooler.

Take care, have a good day!
Old 07-18-2005, 06:57 AM   #67  

Good morning! Hope your shift went well last night. We had a pile of rain yesterday, if anything it made the humidity much worse. Usually you can look forward to rain cooling things off. Yesterday is just hung in teh air. Everything in the house even feels damp. Normally we can get a nice breeze through our house. Right now nothing is moving. My office is generall warmer than teh rest of teh house b/c the computers heat things up, but I can usually feel some air moving. Today and yesterday I'm just sweating.

UGHHHH! The summer has flown by. It's good and it's bad. I hae winter so I ahet to see it arrive, but some releif from this heat and crisp fall days does sound nice. Plus with the en dof summer ocmes my son's first b-day and I am just not ready for that. I feel like with baby sitting and having my daughter I just didn't enjoy his babiness as much as I was able to with my daughter. Makes me feel really sad.

Well I'm off to go give teh little guy soem breakfast. Also I am going to can some blueberry syrup before all these blueberries rot. Have a great day!
~misty
Old 07-19-2005, 08:34 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hello -

I had my weigh in this morning and wanted to share. I lost a whopping 5.8 pounds this week. That brings me to 167 ! I am so happy I have not seen 167 in about 6 years. 8 pounds to go and I'm eager to try to beat the goal I set for myself. How is everyone else doing?

Yard by Yard is hard,Inch by Inch is a cinch!
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:53 AM   #69  

YAY Nikki!!

You are doing great!!! I weigh in tonight,

Solved my weighing myself everyday issue....my scale died LOL!! So we'll see how tonight goes. I stayed on plan, but I am nerveous fo rsoem reason.

have a great day everyone!

OH!!!! I can do laundry again! DH finished his part and put away ALL of his tools, even the ones not in the laundry area!! I win I win

~misty

Last edited by MistySeptember; 07-19-2005 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:02 AM   #70  

Misty -

Thank you for being the cheering section I'm sure you did ok I can't wait to see how you do at weigh - in. Since when is doing laundry a good thing LOL. Seriously though glad the DH is finished and you can go back to your routine

Nikki
Old 07-19-2005, 12:55 PM   #71  

Lol yeah I really ahet laundry. I was enjoying the break. That is until this morning when I realized that I only have one pair of shorts left....they are ones I wore when I was 9 months pregnant!!! Yeah, I'm soooo glad I will be able to get some washed before my WW meeting tonight,

I'll let you guys know how it went. Byes
Old 07-20-2005, 07:46 AM   #72  

I lost Two Pounds Yeah! I lost Two Pounds Yeah! Ok I am a little excited, but after being in such a slump since the third week of boot camp in February or March I finally feel back in control. I did so well last fall, then I had my gallbladder out and everything went to pot. I did ok on Oprah's things for like 3 weeks, then totally lost control gaining back 15 pounds of the 27 I had lost. I am not enjoying the $12 weekly fee. But I do enjoy the support, and most of all the 1-2 hours ALONE!! Now granted last week DH screwed up and I had to take the kids, but the first week and this week I was able to go alone. I had some time alone in the car to listen to any music I wanted, get gas and if I chose to actually go in and buy a water without having to drag two kids in with me (but I didn't choose to LOL), I stopped at the grocery store after my meeting. It feels great. I lov emy kids dearly, but I enjoy standing in line not answering 752 "Who's that somebody's milk, Who's that somebondy's candy..." all while trying to put groceries on the counter and hold Hoodini the Master of the Grocery Cart Seatbelt so he doesn't smash his skull on the industrial linolium.

WW recommends you earn 28 activity points a week. That is 4 points a day which for my weight would take me 90 minutes at a low intensity, or about 60 at a moderate intensity. This will be hard for me. First I am in no shape to really workout at a moderate intensity for 60 minutes. But then, I don't so much have an hour and a half a day. Getting up at 5 am is torture. I used to be such a morning person, if I could just get going once I am out of bed and have my shoes on I know I would feel good about it. I would walk with my kids but when it's 80-90 out I just don't think it's a good idea to hoof my big butt up and down the hills. it's too darn HOT!

Well off to get some breakfast adn maybe do my resistance workout. That's hard work and I sweat but It's not so hard that I can't sing or talk, so I guess it's light intensity. It only take me 20-30 minutes so That might earn me a point LOL.

Have a great day~misty
Old 07-20-2005, 08:34 AM   #73  

Way to go Misty. I know what you mean about the exercise. I do 1/2 hour 3-4 times a week. I have amuscle disease which makes it hard so I do my best. Whatever the reason for not doing 90 min I think asl ong as you eat right and stick to it the pounds will come off. It took me a year to hit - 32 but I won't give up and neither should you. Again great job and sometimes just do a little extra walking a day goes a long way.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:40 AM   #74  
Jen

Congrats Misty, both on having your laundry back and losing 2 lbs. That is fantastic! I'm glad you are feeling back in control, that is such a big part of it, the mental motivation to keep going.

We've been in full swing renovation mode lately. We had the real estate agent in last week and sort of realized that we need to get on the stick with fixing the place up. Anyway in the past 2 days I've got a ton of painting done, tomorrow I am just finishing up cleaning the living room floor before I put on a glossy finish so it looks good when people are in to see it.

Completely forgot to weigh in yesterday and today so now I won't have a chance until Friday so I might as well wait until next Monday now.

6 weeks to go in the challenge!

Last edited by Jen; 07-21-2005 at 04:00 AM.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:56 AM   #75  

I guess you have been busy if you forgot to weigh in LOL. Great job on the rennovations. You have more ambition than me!

Don't worry Nikki I am not giving up. If anything I am more determined now that I realize I spent almost a year now and all I have lost is 18.5. Looking back I could have lost at least 50. So now I feel motivated to keep plugging away.

I got up and walked this morning. Not far and not very fast. I just kind of plodded along in a haze LOL. It's foggy and I hate walking in the fog. This morning I was doing it on two levels LOL!

have a great day!!
~misty