YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 06-02-2005, 08:23 AM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default End of summer challenge - Aug 31, 2005

I think summer is an excellent time to lose weight, there are so many fabulous fresh fruits and veggies available and the weather is perfect for being outside and keeping active. I don't like the challenges that are only a few weeks because I set lofty goals that are impossible to meet. I thought that a challenge for the entire summer would be more reasonable. Aug 31 is 13 weeks away (well actually 12 weeks and 6 days) so that would be a better time frame in my opinion. Anyway I am setting a goal for reaching 199 lbs. It would be so great to be under 200, I can't remember how many years it has been since I've seen that number!

Who would like to join me? Please make reasonable, attainable goals and I"ll bet we'll see a lot of success!!!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:53 AM   #2  
Mikey's girl

Im in for this challenge... I wanna lose a ton of weight. but my goal will be.... let's see, 212 now, I wanna say 180 reasonable. And If I lose more then YAY for me!! I like challenges, it pushes me that much harder!! Good luck to you!!

LONG TERM GOAL

END OF SUMMER GOAL
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 12:48 PM   #3  

Jen, I couldn't agree more. Summer is a great time to lose weight! We've got the weather on our side as well as an abundance of fresh foods.

I like having a long term goal to focus on. I like the weekly challenges as well. So sign me up, you know me I'll try anything! Between this and the weekly focus on small changes I think I will be plenty focused.

I'd like to lose 25 pounds. In 13 weeks I am sure I could set my goal higher, but 25 seems like a great number, it gives me some leeway (how do you spell that word? anyway....). Yet, if I can lose 25 pounds that will be a great accomplishment and I will be pleased. I am gonna keep my ticker set to 5/30-8/29 b/c I like Monday to Monday. I am weird like that LOL

Well I need to make a grocery list. Time to stock this new fridge I've had for almost a month LOL
~misty

Last edited by MistySeptember; 06-02-2005 at 12:53 PM.
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:13 PM   #4  

I'm in!

(30 lbs by Aug 31st)
ekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 02:02 PM   #5  

Welcome Ekka!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 12:05 PM   #6  

Thanks.
ekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 02:01 PM   #7  

So. How's it going? I wrenched my knee yesterday, but despite that I made myself walk. I went 50 minutes and about 2 miles. I got up at 5 yesterday nad today. Instead of doing this I should have napped with the kids lol. My eating is right on. I anewly motivated and actually doing it! Have a good one!
~msity
Old 06-08-2005, 08:50 AM   #8  
Jen

Great job there Misty!

I've been to the gym once this week. I worked Monday night so yesterday I was too tired to do much of anything. So I'm okay today so I'm off to the gym today and I should get there tomorrow as well. My eating has been so-so. I've been good as far as eating too many cookies or other snack foods but I bought a bunch of these mini ice cream sandwiches that were on sale and I've eaten a few too many of those.

I'm down 1 lbs since I began this challenge so that is a good start!
Old 06-08-2005, 12:51 PM   #9  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone. Is it too late to join in? I do LA Weight Loss and have lost 21 lbs since Feb. 2005. Is this an exercise specific challenge?
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 08:02 AM   #10  

WELCOME CARMEN!! Great job on your loss! I don't think we are doing anything specific here other than supporting each other. We make a goal and support each other while we get there. Everyone follows there own plan, and chooses a goal that is right for them. Waht is LA Weightloss like? I have seen commercials, but I don't know what teh program is like.

Jen- GREAT JOB!!! A pound is awesome! Mini ice cream sandwhiches? Soudns YUMMY, LOL!!

I really need to create a fail safe environment. I keep buying or making snacks for the kids and eating one here and one there, and those add up. This week I have done better, but still here and there I catch myself sneaking the kids' stuff. But over all I have done well this week.

I am gearing up for the weekend. We are gonna be on the run. I hope I can find ways to eat well on the go with limited choices.

enjoy the day!
~misty
Old 06-09-2005, 08:46 AM   #11  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Misty - Hi and thanks for the warm welcome. I guess I should get my goal down in writing. I'd like to lose 25 lbs by August 1. I believe myself to be around 230 now b/c I haven't weighed in in awhile. When I did last weigh in I was at 229, and I hope to have at least maintained. But I would be ecstatic to get down to 200!

LAWL is basically an exchange based diet where you eat all regular foods, with very limited amounts of refined sugars. You are supposed to weigh in several times per week and share your diet journal with a counselor so that they can point out what you've done well as well as where you could stand to improve. As you lose weight, they change the amounts of the different types of foods on your plan to keep you in weight loss mode. Like any eating program, it does work if you stick to it.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:06 PM   #12  

Hey all! How's everyone feeling?

Carmen-LAWL sounds cool. You're right though, alot of stuff works if you stick to it lol.

Whew I am beat. I am trying to get my house cleaned up, but really it seems like I am rearagning piles lol. I only have one extra child to watch today so, since the three are playing nicely I am puttering around. It's too hot though . Plus I am not sure if I am really doing anything productive. I am cleaning off teh pool table, but all teh stuff taht ahs been piled on it for months is just getting piled in my bedroom or office. All of it is waiting for a day when I can put it away...probably will just get pield back on the pool table

Anyway I am doing well this week. I weighed myself, I couldn't make it to Monday , and things are looking GREAT. I won't post it though or change my ticker until Monday's official weigh in. But so far so good. I want that 25 gone soooo badly. More than that I want to get back to oneder land, hopfully by the 20th, if not then soon. To help motivate me I changed my avatar to a picture of me at a healthy weight and a picture taken in March.

well have to run ~msity

Last edited by MistySeptember; 06-10-2005 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:41 PM   #13  

Count me in too. I would like to lose 10lbs by Aug. 1. That is about a pound a week, if I can't get past this plateau. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OFF YOU!!! I am excited, summer means grilling out and that is easy to enjoy great good that is good for you. It also means there is no excuse for the couch potato in me...

I'm cutting mine a bit shorter as I have 2 weddings and a concert to go to the first week in Aug.

Last edited by Gitterdone; 06-10-2005 at 01:50 PM.
Gitterdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 01:13 AM   #14  
Jen

Hey all. As of June 12 it is 11 weeks and 3 days til our Aug 31 deadline. I think overall I did very good this week, I cut back a lot on those ice cream sandwiches and got the gym 3 times this week. Hopefully Monday's weigh in will be good.

Misty - sounds like you need to purge some stuff if you are just moving it from pile to pile in a new location. We've gotten rid of a lot of stuff in the past few months. We've become huge fans of the tv show Clean Sweep, it is on TLC at least twice a day with reruns. It has really made an impact on my husband, he finally realizes that he can let go of some stuff that's been sitting around forever. He got rid of a ton of paper from various jobs and also from school which was at least 9 years ago. We also got rid of a lot of books, old computer games, appliances we don't use anymore, an old tent...there is really just too much to list. We made a couple of hundred dollars at a yard sale we did with my mom and we are going to have one more here at home and whatever is left is getting taken to Salvation Army.

Well have a great day everyone and looking forward to seeing good results with the next weigh-in!
Old 06-12-2005, 07:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Count me in I 'd like to be 155 by August. That is 17 pounds. Woohoo not sure I will make my july 4th goal but will do the August one !
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote