Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 08:20 PM   #46  
Searching

Unhappy my arm is broken

actually its a little chip off the old elbow. dr. wants it immobilized for 2 weeks and then physical therapy. no weightlifting, light duty at work, and and the internal pity party is just killing me.

maybe ya'll can work out extra hard for me

i did call my mom last night immediately she reccomended the ice cream cookie therapy and i wonder why i have food issues

chris
Old 10-24-2003, 09:58 PM   #47  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

So sorry to hear that Chris. Hang in there, maybe some long walks would make you feel better.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:53 PM   #48  
Ilene the Bean

Good Evenin¡¦ Girls

*~ Ledom ~* I¡¦m so happy to hear about your # loss, I just know you can do this... You do sound so much more positive... I am very much enjoying this Venuto book! Along with knowing that you girls are reading it too is very motivating for me...

*~ Miss Chris ~* You poor girl! ƒ¼ Sending healing vibes your way girl! I think Ledom¡¦s idea of walking is a great too...

*~ Dip ~* Congrats on the 2# lucky you!!

*~ Hi Karen! Nice to see ya! ~*

*~ MEGG!! ~* You¡¦re gonna freakin¡¦ kill yourself!! ( I just gotta try that workout tho... I wanna kill myself too... ) I told my morning partner today that we we¡¦re going to work hard on Monday. I hope she¡¦s up to it, because I find she¡¦s slowing me down since she¡¦s been back...

I¡¦m feeling kind of lucky today too.... As you guys know I NEVER go down in the scale.... This morning I measured myself and I have lost 1¡¨ on my thighs and 2¡¨ on my hips since January this year.... WOOHHOO!!! I really couldn¡¦t believe it!!
Old 10-24-2003, 10:55 PM   #49  
Ilene the Bean

Geez I hate that when the site does that when I cut and paste from a document!! I wonder why it does it sometimes and not others??
Old 10-25-2003, 02:51 AM   #50  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Default :)

Hey girls... I am heading off to Sydney shortly!!

Have a great weekend and I will see you all here on Tuesday Aus Time!

Old 10-25-2003, 06:24 AM   #51  

ledom - I don't know how I missed your post! I am so happy for your accomplishment and glad you are stoked again! Some times it just takes a good week or 2 to snap us back. Know what you mean about publishing the weight numbers; it was hard for me too. Also, putting pics up. But once you do it, you get over it and it made me even more accountable to myself to make the changes happen. I had to laugh at myself when I read Venuto recomending the principles of "Think and Grow Rich." I have used those principles for over 25 years to change other things in my life, but never thought to apply them to losing weight until last March when I decided I had no more excuses left. (I buy a new copy of T&GR every time I go to make a change because I write in them pertaining to the goal.) Being a marina rat, my mantra has been, "Wait until they see me next summer." That book should be required reading or taught as a course in high school, IMO.

Cindy - So happy to see you back! Hope you can get your lifting back on track soon, and get over the bugaboo quickly.

Chris - This too shall pass. Take care that it mends correctly.

Ilene - I thought you were posting in 'Canadian' with all the funny marks, LOL.

I had a pretty good leg work-out last night, but nothing compared to you heavy hitters. After squats and lunges, I did 2 sets of leg presses with the step, and only lost my balance once. That in itself was an accomplishment. I'll be really pleased when I can do them and weighted calve raises without losig my balance. Maybe walking with a book on my head will help.

Hi to everyone and hope you have a safe and healthy day. We're still doing boat stuff and will probably head down there next weekend. The temps are usually 10 degrees warmer there than here; just hope it doesn't rain.

dip
Old 10-25-2003, 11:41 AM   #52  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hey Dip, I like your goal reward. I have often thought a leather jacket would make a good reward, that and diamonds, and trips. I can always think of a good reward!

Think and Grow Rich, maybe I should add that to my library as well. I need to get back to reading Venuto. I made it about 3/4 through and then the week got in the way. I haven't put it in a notebook yet either. As I was reading last weekend I kept thinking, I need to highlight this. Actually I just think I need to read it over and over and over......next go through I'll get out my highlighter.

Another change I have made in exercise. This past couple of weeks I have made my weight lifting times shorter, but more frequent. I am not sure this is the best way to go about it but while I am so busy it seems the best for me as I am not as likely to avoid it altoghter. I am working out every morning, but just doing one body part. When I feel rushed in the morning I hate doing the workout and so this is at least psychologically better. Also it helps with the tiredness issue. I am pretty much sore every day and I am also finding a little more time to devote to cardio which has been on a backburner for a long time.

Well, speaking of workouts I need to do it now. I have had a lazy Sat. morning but don't want to let it become afternoon before getting around to it.
Old 10-25-2003, 04:30 PM   #53  

Thumbs down Im back!

Well I made it back to the gym today!! I did 25mins of intervals on the elliptical and then back/triceps. I was feeling pretty short of breath during the cardio, probably due to my cold but I stuck it out!

My new back/tri day looks like this:

1a) Lat pulls - 4 sets (8, 10, 12, 15) starting at 40kg and lowering
1b) Lying tri-press (half presses as my elbows dont like this one), same setup starting at 5kg and decreasing to 3kg.

2a) Seated rows, 4 sets of 10-12 at 25kg
2b) Tri- pushdowns, starting at 20kg and lowering (4 sets of 10-12)

3a) Muscle snatch (like the olympic lifting snatch, but with a pump bar) 3 sets of 10
3b) Oblique crunches, 30 on each side (3 sets of 10)

I acutally quite like the change, and LOVE the muscle snatch. Its supposed to be for the rotator cuff and it is really effective! I had a hard time with my last set but no stabbing shoulder pain, just the nice fatuige feeling

So how is everyone else doing? Sick-ee's recovering?

*hugs*
Tidey
Old 10-26-2003, 09:36 AM   #54  
Lovin' Zumba!

Good morning gals! I'm still reading through last week's posts, and wanted to share my own Krispy Kreme story.

On my vacation week I was down in North Carolina, the home of Krispy Kremes! I have had them in the past, and absolutely loved them. I moved from Michigan just in time, as they were just starting to build them there.

So, last Friday, after we get settled in our hotel in Asheville, we decided to go do some exploring. Of course, our radar takes us right by the KK store. So, we decide to have some. (Now, remember, I'm traveling with 3 other BFLer's!)

We each order 3 doughnuts. I got an original, and original with chocolate glaze and a pumpkin spice. Coffee to go with. I ate the original, then started on the chocolate covered one. Was much too sweet for me, so I picked off all of the chocolate glaze and then ate it. At that point, I was done - soon I started to feel sort of nauseous - not a pleasant feeling. Apparently my body just wasn't up to eating all that sugar in one sitting.

However, my friends, who have been much more relaxed in their BFL-eating, finished their 3rd doughnut, and even bought more! This episode pretty much led to the errosion of their eating for the rest of the weekend - that night our dinner reservations at the Grove Park Inn included a seafood buffet, which included a dessert buffet! I was happy that I was content to just sample the different desserts, but did so only after eating my authorized meal first.

Rumour has it that they are building a KK here soon - I'm glad to have had last week's experience to keep it into perspective for me. I love them, but they don't like me, so I won't be as tempted.

It's funny - right now, the thing that keeps my eating on track the most is the fear of having to deal with feeling crappy after eating things I shouldn't. And, not wanting to have to go through fighting the sugar demon or battling carb cravings afterward. It was hard enough the first time! Is this what Bill means by having "crossed the abyss"?
Cindy
Old 10-26-2003, 11:16 AM   #55  
Searching

Talking getting on a better attitude

talked to my mom and dad last night.

1. the pity party has to stop, so after oa tonight i am going home and tossing the sugar. its time to detox and eat clean.

2. i can do some cardio, no matter how slow and worthless it feels its better than none at all.

3. in a couple of weeks i will start PT and my dad says they will probably let me use some weights

THANKS LADIES FOR ALL THE SYMPATHY AND ENCOURAGING WORDS!!!!!

cindy- u were absolutely right, when i was eating really bfl clean and went on a sugar binge on a business trip i spent about 6 hours on a toliet, it so wasn't worth it.

tidey- glad to see u back, YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

hope you had a good workout ledom and dip!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!
miss chris
Old 10-26-2003, 01:10 PM   #56  
Ilene the Bean

Miss Chris ~~ Glad to see your positive attitude coming back, Welcome Back!!

Cindy ~~ The next time I go on a sugar binge I will remember my experience this week... I ate, yes, counte 'em 1-2-3-4-5-6 GRANOLA Bars !!!! Silly as it is, chocolate covered granola bars are my downfall!! But after I eat them about 30 minutes later all I want to do is go to bed. This week after I had my binge I couldn't go to bed because I had a nail appointment with my esthetician for my nails... Good grief I was so embarassed I had NO conversation, and hence no personality for a whole hour... Imagine spending an hour in front of someone and barely talking because you are too tired?! HELLLLLO!! So with this in mind I will NOT have any for quite a while and when the urge hits again, and I sincerely hope it doesn't, I will think of this experience. Needless to say that evening I had a salad for supper, that's-it-that's-all!!..

Later all...
Old 10-26-2003, 02:20 PM   #57  

I had a slip up this week too.... a big bowl of crunchy granola cereal with coconut and raisins. Coconut is my poison. I love it, and it tempts me to insanity heh About 30mins after eating it I thought for sure I was going to barf tho. Definatley puts me off wanting it again anytime soon. Most likely a combo of the sugar and milk *shudder*

Tidey
Old 10-26-2003, 06:39 PM   #58  
Lovin' Zumba!

Chris - sorry to hear about your arm. I can relate a bit - I'm still in physical therapy for my knee, and it's severely hindering my lower body workouts.

I've found that my best bet for avoiding poor eating is to keep my house absolutely free of anything that might tempt me. As I'm single, that's pretty easy for me to do, but I know that my friends with kids have trouble since they need to keep some stuff in the house for the kids.

Tidey - glad to see you're back. I'm still working through my own sinus infection, but I think I'm going to attempt some cardio later today to get myself back on track.
Cindy
Closed Thread