Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 07:23 AM   #16  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Congratulations Mel!!!

I wish I could train with you. I know you'll be great at it!

Chris, the following is a link about body types, it isn't so in depth as it might be but it might help you out.
http://www.femalemuscle.com/fitness/bodytypes.html

Down to the basement for shoulders and then for my morning walk. Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:44 AM   #17  

Whew! Lots of catching up to do.

Mel - Congratulations on your achievement. I wish I had the ambition to take on what I'd like to do - activities driector for seniors - but I need to finish working on myself first. Your achievement gives me the inspiration that it's still possible. Best wishes for your success!

Tidey - Get well! I touched the monitor yesterday and I think I caught your bug. Got up this morning sneezing and ears stuffed. (It's going around here too - happens when the kidlets go back to school.)

Meg - your visit with RB sounds like it was really neat! Speaking of a reunion, I have been net buddies with some people for over 4 years now. We decided it was time we all met and got together in July at one guy's farm in Arkansas for a weekend. I had the time of my life. Chris's comment about being a "sillly scientist" reminded me of one of them, a toxocologist who is a riot, even though we got together with him last year, and knew he'd be the life of the party.

Hello to everyone, and hope your day is productive and healthy!

As for Venuto - oui vey. I just wish I had read it before or at the same time as BFL. The nutrition and exercise parts knocked my socks off and opened my eyes to some things I have been doing incorrectly, especially while eating high-pro. I was eating too many high-pro foods with high fat. Also, my cardio indiscretion wasn't duration or frequency, but WHEN. I was so low energy during high pro that I was eating breakfast *before* hitting the treadmill, whereas when eating low-fat, I was treadmilling first thing in the AM. Needless to say, I readjusted that this morning.

Since I hadn't lifted since last week, I did all body yesterday, concentrating on upper, 2 exercises per muscle, 3 sets of 15 each. This morning my shoulders look more square and my chest seems smaller, bi's are hard too. I worked tri's 3 exercises because they need it. I think the time has come to go a little heavier, though.

Thanks for the links and I'm off to check them out. Have a good one!

dip
Old 10-21-2003, 12:11 PM   #18  

hi all

MEL!! Congrats thats fab news I bet you will be successful and have a great deal of first hand advice for your future clients

thanks to everyone who sent healing vibes my way combined with the extra vitamins I seem to be on the mend!

dip, I hope you're feeling better soon. I can almost hear normally now but it sounds like im hacking up a lung over here :/

Hopefully by thursday I will be back in the gym *fingers crossed*

Tidey
Old 10-21-2003, 03:17 PM   #19  
Uber-Moderator!!

Red face Bleuggh!

(where is the stuffyheadachey icon when you need it anyway??? <-- this is as close as I could find...oh well!)

So yup, I either have a cold or a SLIGHT flu, or both. Not enough to make me STAY HOME or anything, although today's workout was less than energized! Ah well, this is what I get for missing this years' flu shot...

Mel is too cool! I know *I* wouldn't have been able to study for that test - when on EARTH do you have time?!?

Since I was feeling a bit under the weather this morning, I took it real easy on my workout - did 8 sets for back, 8 sets for calves and then 25 minutes on the elliptical - no biggie. I do have a riding lesson tonight which I wouldn't miss for the world!

Looks like a LOT of us have the LWL bug this week...ai yi yi. Didn't know you could catch stuff over the 'net!
Old 10-21-2003, 05:47 PM   #20  

Woweee Zoweee .... What a week this is. I feel like I just walked in the door, but it's actually close to quitin' time. And every day is like this!

You have all totally grabbed my attention regarding the Venuto book, and I'm trying to find a copy. So far, neither bookstore here seems to have it (that's right, for those of you in big cities -- there are only a couple of big bookstores here, along with a couple of tiny independents). I may have to order it. And of course I want it *right now.*

Thanks for your thoughts on beating the fatigue. This week, I'm trying a day on, a day off, a day on etc. We'll see how it goes.

I made a crustless pumpkin custard over the weekend; will post the recipe on the recipe thread. I adore pumpkin, and will eat this a lot over the coming months. I upped the egg white and cut the milk some, and it didn't seem to affect it much.

Congrats to Mel on becoming a training. Totally awesome. What a great gift to share.

Ilene, thanks for the web sites.

Hugs to you all! Hope those of you suffering from head colds and allergies make quick recoveries, and that the rest of your weeks go swimmingly!

Cheers.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:27 PM   #21  
Mel

Default Tuesday

With all the viruses out there (bioloically real ones) I'm almost arfraid to post at this site. Hope all the sickies are on the mend.

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I've been working on the certification for what seems like forever, and finally decided to just FINISH it. Now I'm looking for a part-time gym job- so keep your fingers crossed for me

Meg: We're gonna squat Hummers, not baby elephants! No baby elephants here, but there sure are a lot of Hummers. Even some bright yellow ones Sure, everybody can come stay with me!

Karen, Dip, Tidy- Hope you all feel better soon. I've got a scratchy throat and am downing vitamin C by the handful.

Indiana Robin: Check for a PM in a bit.

Did shoulders and calves today, and then an hour or Dip's triathalon cardio. After that I did one of those upthe ladder, down the ladder X 50 drapery installations, so I'm beat! I hope that's enough cardio to keep Venuto happy for today!

Hello to everyone else

mel
Old 10-21-2003, 09:04 PM   #22  
Searching

Talking GET WELL!

To all the sickies: GET BETTER QUICK! and PLEASE don't give it to ME!

My fingers are crossed for you Mel! Good luck comes through hard work and I think we all know that here.

Well I had my first 100% clean eats day in about a week in a half yesterday. I have been struggling with this and was beginning to feel quite desperate about it. But I can eat clean if I take it one day at a time. In this mind frame tommorow I will attend my first OA meeting.

Got my 20 min HIIT in today and crossed the 1.0 mile point at 13:38 which is a new record for me and inspired me to continue to set new goals for my 10's.

For some reason though I am VERY BLOATED TODAY MORE WATER!

Oh and here is something fun from my evening meal. I had 4 oz of lean steak, green beans, and what was my carb? Grilled asian pears with mushrooms and onions. Even got a little extra veg in there.

HAVE A GREAT DAY(EVENING, MORNING)!
Miss Chris
Old 10-21-2003, 10:21 PM   #23  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Default :) So far so good!

I have had a great couple of days... Week 5 is where it is all coming together baby!!!

Congrats Mel! That is so awesome to finish the schooling I hope you get a p/t job right away!

Nola.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:02 AM   #24  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Hey all, I am back from Melbourne (for the time being)....

Thanks for all of your well wishes and hopefully once my Dad's stuff is sorted out I can get back to regular posting.

JC
Old 10-22-2003, 06:34 AM   #25  

Good Morning, LWL!

JC - this is one of those times I wish we all weren't spread around the world. If I could be there for you, even in the smallest way, I'd put my arm around your shoulder, give you a hug, or a helping hand. Just know, no matter how far away, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'm rushed this morning since I have to work early. Have to get that cardio in before anything. And pack a couple of meals because I don't know how long I'll be gone. Eats were on track yesterday with low fat and high pro.

All your good wishes for the bug seemed to work. While I was on the treadmill, the ears unstuffed and the sneezing ceased. Energy was mediocre but I plodded through and got some things done around the home of which I was pleased.

I hope all the sickies get over it QUICK. One thing about taking VitC, for me is that colds or bugaboos aren't long or severe. I've been taking 2000 MG daily since I worked in a pharmacy a few years ago where I was exposed daily to sick people.

On with the day and hope y'all have a great one! Check back tonight.

dip

Last edited by diphthong; 10-22-2003 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:39 AM   #26  
Ilene the Bean

JC ~~ So happy to see you back... Your around the world friends were thinking of you all the time you were away... My condolences to you and yours in this time of grief...
Old 10-22-2003, 06:40 AM   #27  

Hi Ilene! We were posting at the same time again!
Old 10-22-2003, 08:45 AM   #28  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Good morning early birds. Abs and cardo done.

I have a string of good days behind me. I even ate clean over the weekend. Hoping to have a nice weigh in this week.

JC, please accept my condolences. Take care of yourself.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:37 PM   #29  
Searching

jc- post whenever u can u know the ladies are here for u

i am feeling a little depressed i fell down and sprained my arm. no ubwo today, just rest. was proud of myself for sticking to my eating plan when my mommy would have cured my arm with chocolate. i will eat clean today!

tomorrow is another day.
miss chris
Old 10-22-2003, 06:18 PM   #30  

awesome choice miss chris! contrary to popular belief, chocolate cannot fix a relationship problem or a sprained arm

As for ME, Im hitting the gym tomorrow for some cardio! *WOOT*

eating today was NOT clean, but will remedy that tomorrow! Onwards!

Tidey
Closed Thread