Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #106  

I seem to be juggling back and forth with my weight. Up some days and right back down...ugh! Monday is my last weekly visit and I will be turned up to level 6. I went last week and turned up to level 5 but felt absolutely no different. I sure hope this thing is on! Since dec 19th I have lost between 12-14 pounds...yeah! I need to motivate myself to exercise.
ksjoem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #107  

Cakewalk...how are you doing? You still there?
I seem to be at a stand still. I lowered my calorie intake to 1500 but have not lost any weight for the last 3 days. Any suggestions on how to jump start my weight loss again? Anyone else having these issues?
Old 01-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #108  

I am right there with you, I stick to 1400 or less a day, maybe once every two weeks, I have a little extra like 1600, I excercise 4-5 days a week...eliptical for 20 minutes and I am not loosing and am constantly hungry...and I am at 6 Any ideas???
mngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #109  

Hey there mngl...seems like we are in the same boat! When/where was your surgery? How much have you lost so far? I go back today and will be turned up to a 6. I know my weight will be up and that's so depressing. Im going to talk to the nurse today for suggestions. I will report back
Old 01-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #110  

I live in the twin cities, I have been working out...tracking everything, even vitamins so I know I am not blowing it! (Have I had a couple of cheat days where I have hit 1500 calories in the last month, yes...but only two!) I excercise diligently (2days on and 1 day off). I am 4 weeks and 3 days out...this is very frustrating, please let me know what you hear
Old 01-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #111  

Ok so I just got back form my visit and I could not believe I was down 2.2 pounds since last week...wow! I talked to the nurse and she said I was probably holding water weight since I am in the middle of my menstrual cycle. This is the first one since my surgery and she said my body was trying to absorb as many calories during this time of the month. She also said that I might be staying steady because I am exercising more. However, she said not to give up. As far as my hunger level she said I just have to work through it and that it's a life changing event....ugh! I know but it is so hard! She also said that I am at the highest level now and I have to be much more dis ip,ones since I am now visiting the clinic every 2weeks from now on. The nurse said that all they want to se is a .5 to 1 pound loss a week. I guess I just want this to happen quicker. I feel that I am trying so hard and just want the pounds to fly off. I must be realistic and stay focused. She also suggested that I set mini goals....anyone want to set some mini goals and keep each other motivated? My goal right now is to be down another 5 pounds by next visit on jan. 30. As I write this I'm laughing be ause my husband said lets go out for Mexican tonight...oh how I love some chips guacamole and salsa!! I will try and be good tonight but I still have about 900 calories available for dinner....wish me luck.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #112  

I hear crickets.....how's everyone doing?
Old 01-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #113  

chirp

I've leveled off. up some days, down some days. not sure what to think.

For those of you discussing levels, I've been at level 6 for awhile now and I really never felt much difference between any of them. I'm not sure if we are even supposed to feel anything.

Last edited by chubbyhubby; 01-23-2012 at 05:26 PM.
chubbyhubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #114  

Hey there chubby hubby. I am also at level 6 and don't feel anything. I am up and down too but hoping to be down at least 4 pounds by next Monday. I will be 1 month post op on the 27 th and I would love to say that I have lost 20 pounds. I don't know. Right now I'm stuck between the 14-15 pound mark. I cut my calories down to 1400 and I think it is too low for me. I really don't get hungry - which is a good thing but I think my body is in starvation mode. It's reallynweirdnhow my hunger patterns change ...ugh. Oh I have also noticed that my device needs to be charged more often. Between 2 and 3 days ... How about yours? How are your meetings going with the nutrionalist?
Old 01-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #115  

My surgery was 12/15 and I'm down 10 pounds. I've only been dieting for the last two weeks. I think I'm losing about the same amount that I would have just dieting (without the device). I'm currently at a level 4 and will be bumped up to a 5 tomorrow. I'm hoping that it really helps my hunger, because I definately am still hungry. I do think that when I eat I get fuller faster. The problem with that is that by the time I feel uncomfortable, it's usually after I've stopped eating.
pdxloser71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #116  

I am down 16 pounds since 12/14...here is my issue, today while charging (I started at 4 bars) the device started blinking red (after about 1/2 hour) has this happened to anyone else
Old 01-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #117  

Congrats on your weight loss...way 2 go! No, I have not had any issues with the charging device...I would contact the clinic and ask about it. As for my weight loss, I went for my 6th visit today and only loss .3 pounds...I am so upset. All the said to me today was "at least you didn't gain". That is so depressing since I have been keeping my caloric intake between 1400 to 1600. I guess I'm at a stand still. I have got to find a way to jump start things again. At this point I really don't feel like this device is helping..ugh!
Old 02-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #118  

Hey there mngl. Did you ever get your charring device checked out? How are things going?
Pdxloser... You doing ok?
Old 02-05-2012, 05:48 AM   #119  

Chubby hubby are you ok? How is your weight loss going?
Old 02-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #120  

I'm doing okay. I was bumped up to level 6 on Friday and am really noticing the effects! I feel painfully full after any sized meal it seems. I have only lost 8 (was 10 but gained 2) pounds. Tomorrow I am really getting back on track! How are you doing ksjoem?
pdxloser71 is offline   Reply With Quote