Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #181  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjoem View Post
Happy Friday to you! Were you given a choice with the nutrionalist appt? I was not....would definitely skip those if given the choice. That's what takes so long!! I am going to ask about that Monday. Did take today off....incision kinda swollen and I need the rest.
I am glad you took Friday off. I hope taking it easy for the weekend makes all the difference! It sounded like I would get a choice, but I am not 100% sure. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow. I am sure you will get "turned up." I am looking forward to meeting the surgeon on Wednesday.
Lorislosinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 230/204/150

Height: 67

Default surgery scheduled

Hi Lori,
I haven't seen you in a while. Thursday nights have been a problem for me the last couple of times. Don't even know when the group meetings are now.

Anyway, I have my surgery scheduled for Nov 21, the week before Thanksgiving - for that same reason. I want a little extra time too. Is Dr. Gilbert going to do your surgery? If so, she told me her surgery days are Thursdays (but Wen said something about Friday openings too). She also told me she was going to keep me overnight, which I thought was odd. But, I don't have a ride home on a Thursday anyway.

Stay in touch,
Cyn
CynRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #183  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynRob View Post
Hi Lori,
I haven't seen you in a while. Thursday nights have been a problem for me the last couple of times. Don't even know when the group meetings are now.

Anyway, I have my surgery scheduled for Nov 21, the week before Thanksgiving - for that same reason. I want a little extra time too. Is Dr. Gilbert going to do your surgery? If so, she told me her surgery days are Thursdays (but Wen said something about Friday openings too). She also told me she was going to keep me overnight, which I thought was odd. But, I don't have a ride home on a Thursday anyway.

Stay in touch,
Cyn
CYN!! Hi there! How's your world?? I am so glad you have your surgery scheduled. I meet with her tomorrow and I am aiming for Friday 11/22. Hopefully, that will work (Thursday would be OK too --). I have the same thoughts as you about the extra time. Overnight?? Interesting. I wonder if that will hold true to me as well. I'll let you know.

I have been at the last two Thursday groups, but once, only two of us were there and this last month only me and Shannon were there. However, we didn't end up meeting because Shannon's mom is very sick, so she was heading back home. So, bottom line -- I am missing every one!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #184  

Default keep me posted

I'm looking forward to hearing what you find out. I tried to send you my email in a pm, but I haven't posted enough messages yet.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #185  

Cyn -- we will be surgery buddies. I am scheduled for 11/21 as well!! So happy to have a date on the books!! Sent you a message.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #186  

KS -- how are you feeling? How was your first appointment? Thinking about you this week! My surgery is scheduled for 11/21!

Lori
Old 11-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #187  

Hey Lori, I went last Monday and was down 3 pounds. Went back today and was up 1 pound. Ugh! They turned up my device to level 4 and I can really feel it working...we sure would have known if we had a working device before! So glad to hear your surgery is scheduled...congrats!! If you any questions, just ask! Congrats to you too Cyn!! I'm going to really try to vamp up my exercise this week. I'm also thinking my weight gain is a lot of water weight. I have been drinking water constantly! No sodas or tea in a week..only water and a cup of coffee in the a.m.
ksjoem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #188  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjoem View Post
Hey Lori, I went last Monday and was down 3 pounds. Went back today and was up 1 pound. Ugh! They turned up my device to level 4 and I can really feel it working...we sure would have known if we had a working device before! So glad to hear your surgery is scheduled...congrats!! If you any questions, just ask! Congrats to you too Cyn!! I'm going to really try to vamp up my exercise this week. I'm also thinking my weight gain is a lot of water weight. I have been drinking water constantly! No sodas or tea in a week..only water and a cup of coffee in the a.m.
KS -- How ya holding up? Did you feel up to exercising? Don't worry about that pound. It takes a bit to get all that surgery stuff out of our bodies. I am sure everything will settle down quickly.

I have my pre-op on Tuesday and surgery on Thursday. Feeling mostly just READY to get going. You probably told me this and I can't remember, but did they end up keeping you overnight?

Have a good week, and I'll touch base on Friday or Saturday. Lori
Old 11-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #189  

Hey Lori, Happy Thanksgiving! How are you feeling? Did your surgery go ok? I'm down 7 pounds since my surgery.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #190  

Surgery went well. Didn't end up spending the night, but went home late. I think it was probably good they didn't let us compare notes. It would have been easy to tell the difference between the sugeries. My biggest complaint was the pain in my shoulder blades (weird). Everything else I would just categorize as "sore." So far, the biggest difference is that I get full and stay full so much faster. So, that's GREAT!

7 pounds??!!! Way to go! You still feeling ok? I dint have a follow up for a couple weeks, but I will be excited to see how things go.

Happy thanksgiving!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #191  

hey everyone. I had my second surgery in October. I'm down around 11-12 lbs. Kind of leveled off a bit though. very strange sensation, definitely would have known if I was active the first time around. Even though it's a strange sensation, I like that it reminds me that I'm full or don't really need to eat.
chubbyhubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #192  

Default Hello all

How is everyone doing? Chubbyhubby, 11-12 pounds is great!

My surgery went well too. I just had a couple minor issues with nausea and an allergy to the surgical glue (what a pain that was). Overall, I think the pain was less this time.

I was turned on just a week ago Friday and was down 4 pounds in the first week. I'm not sure how that happened - I wasn't set very high. I didn't feel it too much after the first day and I really wasn't trying. They turned it up to 5 this week and I can really feel it. It's very wierd!

I heard that they had some issues with several of the devices on the day that Lori and I had surgery. As a result, they have cancelled some of the upcoming surgeries until they figure out what the problem is. Would hate to be someone still waiting. Would also hate to get a device that doesn't work right.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #193  

Hi Lori,
I was turned up to 4 and for the first day or two I felt it all the time, but then I got used to it. He cranked it up to five this time and I really felt it first day or tow, now I feel it when I am paying attention to it. Even if I don't feel the surge, I am aware that there is a strange feeling of fullness/indigestion (or something like that???) that sort of comes and goes.
Good luck with yours.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:03 AM   #194  

How's everyone doing? I'm struggling! Up and down weight loss... Ugh!
Old 09-17-2014, 11:35 PM   #195  

Haven't check in for a long time! How is everyone?
Desertchick is offline   Reply With Quote