Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #151  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertchick View Post
How is everyone doing? Any word on being unblinded? I haven't been given adage yet.

I was told this week. Then ... finally ... we can support each other!
Lorislosinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 230/204/150

Height: 67

Question Unblinded today

Found out I had an inactive device. I managed to lose about 25 pounds over the year but there were a lot of plateaus. I have to admit I am surprised but I'm glad because I thought I had an active one, but it just wasn't all that.

Anyone else hear yet?
CynRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #153  

Default No news yet

I guess and hoping to find out at my appointment on Monday. At this point, I am hoping that my device is off because I have only lost 35 pounds on this year long journey. It has been super hard. Lorislosinit, was your on?
ksjoem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #154  

I have an activated device; surprise! I wasn't sure if I was on or not; I have only lost 20 pounds and its been hard - don't feel like the device was helpful.
CynRob-will you have a live device implanted?
Ksjoem-keep us posted. I am looking forward to hearing the results of the study. My doctor told me that other studies they have seen people do better in the 2nd year-I hope so!
Take care everyone!
Desertchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #155  

Default contemplating an active device

So, I am hopeful that an active device will be beneficial for me. Since I am going to have to have surgery to remove the device, I figure I might as well let them put in an active one. (I am NOT looking forward to that).

Has anyone heard about when they might anticipate getting FDA approvals? It would sure be a bummer if they got rejected now.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #156  

Just found out that I am not turned on! I've lost 35 pounds total over 15 months. Wish it had been more but optimistic that with an active device, I will have better weight loss results. The nurse told me that from our group, one lady with an active device lost 100 lbs! WOW. She said it was really spread out, as far as weight loss results. As far as another surgery, absolutely! Like you said, if you have to go through it to have it removed, why not give it a try and hope for more weight loss. She also said that it takes about a month to get surgery approvals completed so she anticipates it late May or June. That will work out best for me since I am a teacher and will have off for the summer....omg, I will have to go back to weekly visits, then bi-weekly, etc. That was a real pain in the butt! Almost impossible to get off work, etc.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #157  

I found out mine is off -- and honestly, I was thrilled. I have only lost a few pounds and I would have been devastated if it had been on. I haven't heard any "scoop" as to what the next steps are. KS -- I am a teacher too --. Part of me was hoping for surgery over spring break, but I guess that's way too optimistic.

I am nervous because I have totally reverted to all my bad habits now that I know I am off. And, I feel hungry all the time. Ahhhh .... the power of "thought." I want to move forward ASAP. And, my device is turned up so high that I have to charge sometimes twice a day (even though it's not active), and that's kind of a pain.

So glad we can now support and chat with each other (although I haven't had formal approval yet .... have you?)
Take care everyone! Lori
Old 03-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #158  

Default interesting

KS and Lori, I am a teacher too - how odd is that? Did they recruit a bunch of teachers or something? Or did they just decide that teachers should all have inactive devices?
(As far as surgery goes, I don't get summers off though, I teach in a college that doesn't take time off)

I am eating bad too. the mind is a powerful thing.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:21 AM   #159  

Default traveling

Anyone have to go through airport security with this thing?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #160  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynRob View Post
Anyone have to go through airport security with this thing?
I have - twice. No problems. Not even any comments. I even had one of those body scans. I expected a big ordeal (I carried on the charger) but not a single question.

Good luck!
Lori
Old 04-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 217/206/150

Height: 5'4

Ksjoem - what is the mediastinal diet? I've never heard of it... Thanks
Agalinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:00 AM   #162  

CynRob-I have traveled several times and always set off security-I have anxiety about flying now: (
We have had our first support grou here-most of the people with active devices have had good weight loss which was encouraging. Hoping to the spot where I wil lose weight.
Hope everyone is well!
Desertchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #163  

Oops, that should have said "medi-fast" diet.....damn spell check lol.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #164  

I am curious. Those of you who are turned on .... are you glad you did it? Would you do it again? I am "off", but I have decided to move forward with another surgery (although not sure when that will be), but I just wonder -- if you could do it all again, would you?
Lori
Old 06-07-2013, 05:38 AM   #165  

I want to have the surgery again but they have not scheduled it yet? I am given excuses that they are waiting on paper work. Anyone having the same issue? I have gained 10 pounds back and feel like crap. I need the surgery to jump start me again. Your thoughts.....holla back!