Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #91  

They told me that I would be responsible for medications, but I have insurance, so no big deal. No, they did not give me antibiotics before or after (luckily they weren't needed).
pdxloser71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #92  

Guess I have been pushing it to much by lifting and reaching more than I should. They now want me to take a week off work. I just want to get on with things.
Hope everyone is doing well.
cake walk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #93  

Cake Walk,
Sorry to hear that you have over done it! Take it easy! I guess my pain is from the same thing...just pushing myself too much. I'm gonna slow down too and hope for the best.

I go for my 2nd visit tomorrow. I have been hungry these past 2 days - ugh!
My stomach is growling and I do not feel full at all! This is so different, as the first weeks following the surgery I was remarkable full and forced myself to eat. I'm constantly drinking water to help me feel full in between meals but have that feeling I did before surgery....hungry and can't wait for the next meal....what is going on? I'm a little frustrated and will definitely talk to the coordinator tomorrow during my visit.

Pdxloser71, did I read somewhere that there were "levels" to this device? I would love to know more about that.
As for my device, I too have had 4-5 bars when I go to recharge it. It seems like it keeps a charge for a long time. Doesn't seem right (??) I will ask about that too!
Take care everyone and talk with you soon
ksjoem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #94  

Hey ksjoem,

Yea slow down. I did yesterday and today and the pain is less often and less intensive. I go in for my first (REAL) visit tomorrow. I have had my normal hunger and fullness ever since the my surgery on the 22nd of Dec. since we are both going in for our visits tomorrow, lets compare results. As far as levels I was told yesterday that they would turn up my level at my first visit.
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow.
Remember- It may not be a Cake Walk to walk past the cake, but it can be done.
cake walk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #95  

Yes, there are 6 levels. On my first visit they put me on a level 3. I go in on Friday and assume that they will turn it up more. I hope so because I'm still hungry, but fill up fast when I eat a meal.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #96  

Ok, so I went for visit #2 and I was down another 1.6 pds. My scales at home were way different but at least there was weight loss. The coordinator at the clinic said that everyone is complaining about their scale...that makes me feel a little better. In any event, I have reached the 10 pound mark today...yippee!

I'm not feeling well today - kinda sick to my stomach and tired...sure hope I am not coming down with something.

The rep was actually at my meeting today and I asked about the levels. He said that the device is installed on the lowest setting. Then, at each visit, they crank it up 1 until you max out on the 4th visit. I told him to crank that sucker up today...I have been way too hungry. Of course he just laughed but I did see him increase it so hopefully it will help with the hunger.
I also asked about the charging levels. He said that because the device is on a low level, it does not require much battery power. He said once I am at the highest level, I should definitely see a need to charge it more often.
If you have 4-5 bars you are good...no need to worry!

I go back on Monday for my 3rd visit. Hope everyone is doing well! CakeWalk, how did your visit go?
k
Old 01-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #97  

Veronica: The study folks told you not to wear underwire bras? When I charge my device I get some weird feelings right where the left underwire is. I'm wondering if its the bra??
Old 01-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #98  

Yes, when my device was turned up to 5 I started having some really bad pain just under my left breast, sometimes it would take my breath away because it was so intense. I noticed the pain occurring every hour on the tens and then three minutes after that - I could set a clock by it. I called one of the study nurses and told her about the pain. She told me it was the underwire bra causing feedback with the device and they found that out in a previous study (empower I think). I left work for the nearest Walmart, changed in the ladies room at work and IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference. My device is now at 6 and has been for a few weeks and sometimes I can tolerate an underwire bra now for a few hours. But I feel much better without the underwire, although I am sure I look better with it.

Veronica

Last edited by Veronica Blossom; 01-09-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Veronica Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #99  

Thanks for the info Veronica. I'm off to WalMart!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #100  

concerning the levels and battery charging. I've been at level 6 for awhile and I still don't need to charge all that often. Usually only every 3-4 days. After that, I drop down to 4 bars instead of 5 and a charge usually takes me about 1 1/2 hours or so. Pretty low maintenance, especially since they originally thought we would have to charge 30 minutes a day.
chubbyhubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #101  

I wear underwire also but never notice any type of feedback - just an uncomfortable feeling because of where it is located. Anyway, I went last week for visit#3 and they turned me up to a level 5. I don't feel any different...hmmmm? Makes me start to wonder.
I was down a few pounds but have been fluctuating a lot with the weight. Some days I'm down a pound or so then the next day I'm up some. I'm feeling like I'm at a stand still. Any advice?
Chubbyhubby, how much have you lost so far?
Old 01-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #102  

Hey CakeWalk, you there? We are on the same schedule almost and I haven't heard from you in a while.....how are you doing?
Old 01-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjoem View Post
I wear underwire also but never notice any type of feedback - just an uncomfortable feeling because of where it is located. Anyway, I went last week for visit#3 and they turned me up to a level 5. I don't feel any different...hmmmm? Makes me start to wonder.
I was down a few pounds but have been fluctuating a lot with the weight. Some days I'm down a pound or so then the next day I'm up some. I'm feeling like I'm at a stand still. Any advice?
Chubbyhubby, how much have you lost so far?
I seem to have leveled off a bit too. I gained a few during the holidays, and am trying to get back down. so far seems to be working. overall about 18-20 lbs. Had a few weeks where it came off pretty quickly, but seems to have slowed down. I haven't had as much time for exercise lately though, and that really seems to make a big difference.
chubbyhubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #104  

How is everyone doing with their weight loss? The 15th is one month for me and I'm down about 6 pounds. I haven't really been trying, so I'm happy with this.

Also, for those behind me, this week was great! I can finally lay on my side with the device and feel pretty well back to normal.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #105  

I was fown 8 but was put on prednisone for hives and now am down 5.
mngal is offline   Reply With Quote