Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 07:55 AM   #31  

Morning chickies! And happy spooky day

Got 3 points for yesterday.....not enough water, totally distracted. But I did manage to get the exercise in, even though I was seriously thinking about blowing it off! But I bought alot more snack food at the grocery store this time....all healthy stuff, but still snack food. So, I need to be careful about that unconscious eating thing. Make sure I measure out the snacks, sit down and enjoy them instead of scarfing down a whole bag and going back to look for more

I'm another 2 pounds down!!!! WOO HOO!! 221 for me This one and two pound thing used to drive me crazy cuz it seemed sooooo slow, but it sure adds up in a hurry! And the numbers keep going DOWN, not down and up and up and down. So, Thanks to all of you! I couldn't do it alone (I tried for ten years!)

Dorothy, that's awesome about you taking dance classes. I just know you're going to love them!!! Who is the instructor? Can't wait to hear about your first class (hint, hint)

Well, gotta go.....kidlets are already in the van.

Hey, it's Halloween and I haven't had ANY CANDY during the whole "pre-Halloween" season! Which starts here in late August. Not even a single piece of candy corn!!!! WTG FOR ME I even strategized the whole TorT thing. I bought one bag of tootsie pops, which I don't really like, and I'm putting it outside in a bowl for other kids while I take mine out. With any luck, it will all be gone before I get back. I am going to a party tonight, though, which is bound to have lots of yummies. So, I think I'll try to stay realllly light today so I can have some and not do too much damage.

Anyone else have spooky strategies for tonight???

Later,
Julie
Old 10-31-2003, 10:06 AM   #32  
I Can and I Will

CONGRATS JULIE!!! WTG on your 2# loss and your no candy!! I lost another pound too! I agree... 1 and 2 are fine by me... as long as it keeps coming OFF...lol Got all 4 yesterday... will be carefull today as i am making the lasagna but shoudl be able to stay op... have to get ready and do the shopping then get cooking... take care of u... love you all!!

Sandy
Old 10-31-2003, 10:13 AM   #33  

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS!

Pam
Julie
Me
SandyB

SandyB: Great job girl!

Julie: on the lbs lost this week! Good job!

Pam: I am watching you girl and you are doing a good job, keep it up! I stayed OP yesterday too!

I trepidaciously stood on the scales and discovered a 4.5 loss which I will certainly take!

I hope everyone has a fun day today. We are going over to the big T's house and handing out candy while they trick or treat and then having dinner with them. My big boy is going to be a skeleton this year.

DON'T FORGET! We are looking forward to some SPOOKY pictures of the kids or you too!

Have a good day ladies. I have to get my chores done and some breakfast in me.

My tv-reading thing went well until dinner got finished while watching OPRAH. Other than that, I did a good job with it yesterday.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 10-31-2003 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:18 AM   #34  

Faye,

Just checking, I did my 2 miles! feeling strong!!!

Be back later girls
Old 10-31-2003, 11:20 AM   #35  

Good Morning!

I am happy to report dropping another pound this week which puts me at 25 total loss! I'm now 5 pounds away from my next mini goal of 188 wich is one pound less than I know (as in seeing the scale) I've weighed my entire full grown life. The only time I remeber weighing less than that was when I was in the 5th grade and was somewhere just over the 100lbs mark I've been up in the 190-220 range for a good 5-7 years now.

I get 3 points for yesterday. I drank plenty of Water and got to the gym, but I attended some Halloween festivities last night and they had Caramels! I'm going to try to control myself this weekend though, I'm heading out of town and I'm always tempted to over eat when I do that.

I had a very sad moment last night. My friend Trevor is about 130lbs overweight. He and I were walking across campus when a car drove by and shouted out of the window "get a treadmill" at him. I could not believe it. It just made me angry at how ignorant and hateful some people can act. I just thank God that Trevor didn't make out what they said.

Susan
218/193/150 - 188 next baby step!
Old 10-31-2003, 11:28 AM   #36  

Happy Halloween!!

I got all 4pts yesterday...lots of exercise and running around.

Congrats to all the losers I will weigh in on Sunday and let you all know, but I have a feeling I have lost...well very busy here at work today so I will check back later or tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of the day...TGIF and Happy Halloween!
Old 10-31-2003, 01:34 PM   #37  

AFTERNOON POINTS CATCHUP!

Dorothy
Susan

Susan: First off, let me say that you cannot control the ignorant behavior of other people. I know you felt bad for Trevor, but Trevor needs to get his back up and stand up to jerks like that. I believe that all people no matter the size are beautiful outside and that our obsession with how a person looks is twisted. I DO believe we should take control of ourselves and make ourselves healthy and look better IF we are not satisfied with ourselves, but it is a choice only we can make individually. I don't know if Trevor is actively trying to lose weight, but if he isn't, just love and care about him the way he is. There is nothing wrong with the way he looks unless HE thinks so and wants to change. If you feel he could use some encouragement, please logon to my website at www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/ and have Trevor check it out. I set it up not only to help me with my journey, but to encourage others that are obese like I am to make positive changes in their lives KNOWING that they CAN! Secondly, I just wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss! You are doing a great job and getting control of your life!

Dorothy: You are doing great, Dot, keep it UP!!!

You guys, tv was so funny this morning. I was watching Wayne Brady's talk show and he was dressed as Sammy Davis Jr. He had on some guy that brought a bunch of creepy animals and a female chimpanzee. Wayne was fooling around jumping around with the ape and SPLIT HIS PANTS right on camera. It was hilarious. Then on Sharon Osbourne's show, she had Ozzie on with her today and you know he is like 3/4 brain dead anyway and she has this guest that carves halloween stuff out of wood and Dennis Rodman was with them. Ozzie breaks wind and I guess stinks up the whole place. Everyone scattered so it must have been pretty bad, but it was pretty funny too! The guy who carves using a chainsaw said something like, "I am glad my chain saw wasn't on or the whole place would have exploded!

Well, I need to get some more things done. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Faye

TODAY IS SPOOOOKTACULAR!
Old 10-31-2003, 02:11 PM   #38  

JUST SOME FUNNNNN FOR HALLOWEEN!

FAYE (BTW, I found them all before time ran out)

http://view.greetings.yahoo.com/gree...?FGHMYFTYQSXDA
Old 10-31-2003, 02:55 PM   #39  

Angry

HAPPY HALLOWEEN LADIES......just a quick check in ...yesterday I only got one point as we went out of town to pick up my hubby's 66 ford truck that we had bought{a classic]...or should I say his new toy....anyway we did not get in until after 11:00 lastnight..thank god the kiddies slept on the way back...it was the only day we could go and pick it up and hubby was anxious to get it...anyway..I am on track today ...movin my buns to increase my steps on the pedometer...will check in later ...love all of yall....later...Joy
Old 10-31-2003, 09:29 PM   #40  

Well, my dd mucked up my op tonight. We were supposed to have Subway and she went and bought BBQ stuff. I only ate a sandwich not the other stuff, but I can't count my calories because I don't know how much etc. BUMMER.

Here is my little scary guy! Thomas is a grown up 3 years old going on 30. He and I did "skeleton" kissing and I ended up with black and white makeup all over my face. Looked like something from back in the riverboat "blackface" days! He had a good time and will probably be able to fund his dentist's new house now!

Talk to you all in the morning. Looking forward to seeing those pics, ladies!

Faye
Old 11-01-2003, 07:29 AM   #41  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday! Share with us something funny or sunny!

As usual, my funny is about Thomas. They are trying to teach him that it is improper to show his underwear to people. (He likes to show everyone what pictures are on them etc). They just had a satellite system put in a couple days ago and Thomas was showing the installer his underwear! Kelly said that wasn't the worst though. She and her husband were in their bedroom with the installer trying to move stuff so he could put it in and Thomas came running in yelling at the top of his lungs, "My penis is on fire, my penis is on fire!" Is he related to his NONNY or what?

Talk later ladies!

Faye
Old 11-01-2003, 07:46 PM   #42  

Evening Girls,

Im here, but way pooped out!!! Off tomorrow!! imagine it a sunday!! so I will have plenty of time to catch up with you gals. and off monday too.

Going to bed soon, not much sleep last night and was back in early this morning.

bye for now! be thinking about you chicks!! stay strong
Old 11-01-2003, 10:10 PM   #43  

Hi girls just popping in quickly to say hi. Hope everyone had a good halloween...I went trick or treating with my nephews and managed to get some candy myself...heeheehee it was fun.

I got 4pts for yesterday. I weigh in tomorrow and see how it goes, but for some reason I don't think very good...TOM is here once again!!! I think the new birth control may be too low in hormones and isn't working on me very well, I need to speak with my gyn and see how I can go around it...I can't use the other ones because of my PCOS...bummer...okay that's all girls take care.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:12 AM   #44  

Hi all, my computer has been down for the last couple of days. I have missed you!

I guess everybody weighs in on Friday. I weighed in at 298---ugh. Got a lot of work to do.

Points, 2 for Wed and 1 each for Thur and Fri, 2 for Sat. Getting my water in and getting better about exercising. The tips for my swollen ankles and legs are working, they weren't bad at all on Friday! Grocery shopping is on the agenda for tomorrow. Looking for good, low carb stuff that my son will like too.

I have news for today. I have been talking with a gentleman on line and on the phone for the last 3 weeks and I finally met him in person today! I went to see him at his work, he manages a convenient store, nice and safe, lots of people around. Very nice guy, we are going out next weekend. A date!!! OMG, it has been a long time. What do I wear??? A whole week to get stressed!!!
Aargh.

Question, do ya'll put your current weight and goal weight and such in the signature part of the post, so it posts automatically each time?? Or do you type it in each time?
Judy

SW 298
CW 298
Ist Goat 285 by 12/31
Old 11-02-2003, 09:16 AM   #45  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday. Our Silly poll for today is:

You work for a PR firm that gave you tickets to the Oscars. Your significant other cannot go so the firm arranged a celebrity date. Who takes you?(lots of pretending ladies, some of these men ar MARRIED TOO!)

Young Stud-Brad Pitt
Playful-Jack Black
Rocker-Sting
Middle aged gorgeous man-Pierce Brosnan
Computer geek very rich-Bill Gates
Mega Famous director-Ron Howard
Politician-Favorite Senator from your political party
Older interesting man- Paul Newman
Or "Hey I can go alone without a date!"

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS

Very quiet around here yesterday. No one posted but me until last night after my last peek in!

Dorothy
Judy

Judy: That is great! Hope this guy works out for you and turns out to be just right! As for yours stats, if you go to the user CP button up on top and go to edit profile, stick all your info in the signature box and it will post every time, then just go back when you stats change and edit them.

Brother, my food this weekend has been a disaster. We are shampooing carpets downstairs so the only place to stick furniture is the entranceway and kitchen which means high fat junk, but the last of the carpets is done today and I can move most of the furniture back this morning, yippee. My exercise consisted of moving furniture this weekend and walking around Lowes for an hour, but I am going to the mall to walk sometime today to get it in.

As for the poll, I think I would go with the Senator. That way, I could unload what I think about what is going on with this country! Luckily, Bill Frist who is the Senate Majority leader is from here in Tennessee so I get a double shot! I can wave to all the other cuteys I guess.

Well, need to get going, have lots to do today!

Faye
Closed Thread