Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 09:24 AM   #16  

Hello Again my lovelies!!

I did it Faye, I did my 2 miles watp tape!!! If i can ever just get started, It always makes me feel so good. I didnt even have to read your post before I did it, I just heard your voice cheering me on!!! Thanks, and I accept your challenge!!! I will tell you my plan for exercise every day and then get back with you to let you know if I did it.. Thank you in advance for that.

Julie!! bellydancing in a grocery store!!! You are awesome!!!

Sandyb, romance!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!! and added benefits, it burns calories!!!

Okay chicksters, check in this afternoon!!

sw 356 June 5, 2003
cw 309.2 loss of 47.8
next goal: lose 75 by 2/29/04
next goal: lose 100 by 6/5/03
goal: 135ish (spring/early summer 2005!!!!!)
Old 10-30-2003, 10:59 AM   #17  

Yeah!!!!!! PAM!!!!!! You go girl! I am on target today too! I even ate my first meal with no tv or book! I just finished the book before I ate!

Ok you guys, blab all you want! Boy, I never get a break around here. Everybody watching every word I say, SHEESH!

Wow, bellydancing in the store! I could just see me, knocking off the can goods, destroying the produce, defrosting the pizzas.....

Got my chores, my book and breakfast done so I need to get outside and get some exercise. See you soon!

Faye

Julie:
Old 10-30-2003, 11:23 AM   #18  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi ladies,

Welcome to Judy and Sue!. I'm sure you will both love it here!.

Judy - I am sorry for the death of your husband, losing him so suddenly must have been awful. I cannot believe the attitude of your step-kids - it makes me so angry!. You will always be accepted and loved here, and treated with the respect that you deserve.

Dorothy - How's it going sweetie?. I agree with the others - choosing to stick by Andrew is a decision that only you can make - it's definately a tough one whatever you choose to do. We are here for you and I will remember you both in my prayers.

Pam - I've got a confession - I'm struggling with my exercise aswell. I was in a really good routine but now I'm really struggling. I stopped my routine when I got PMS last month and I've found it really hard to get back into it. Maybe I should join you and Faye on your little challenge?. I've got PMS again (I can't believe it has come around so soon!), and I'm determined not to have a repeat of last month - I know exercise really helps my PMS, so I really should get down to it.

Faye- I think you are thinking of Belfast, which is where all the fighting was in Ireland. That is in Northern Ireland - I am going to Southern Ireland which is a completely different country. Northern Ireland is part of the UK (which is what all the fighting was about), where Southern Ireland is a republic, so it's completely safe. They've sorted out the problems in Northern Ireland, but I still wouldn't want to live there as there are still some rogue terroist groups.

I only got 1 point yesterday - I went out for a meal with my friend and got very drunk!

Bye Bye

amanda xx
Old 10-30-2003, 11:27 AM   #19  
2006 - Panda Remix

Oooops I forgot!

3 things I am grateful for today:

I am loved and saved by Jesus and he is with me always.

I have a job interview in Dublin next week.

I love Nigel and he loves me.

Amanda xx
Old 10-30-2003, 11:49 AM   #20  
I Can and I Will

Well Ladies... did the 2 mile watp video... just swept and mopped the floors... just cam e here to cool down so i can go and take my shower...lol I can just picture u bellydancing in the supermarket Julie... u go girl!! DS is having a hissy about who knows what... hes up in his room pouting... oh well... at least i dont have to listen to it...LOL Such a bad mom huh? LOL! It started cuz i went to the bathroom by myself... How dare i... LOL
3 things i am thankful for today...
My husband is coming home tonite!!
I love my exercise tapes
My friends here who keep me up and going always...

Take care of u...

Sandy
Old 10-30-2003, 01:13 PM   #21  

POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Amanda:

Amanda: DUH, I cannot believe I ask you that about Dublin! Sometimes, I amaze myself at stupid level! BTW, I can keep an evil eye on you too, so hop to it and get your tushy going on those tapes!

Man, I have black soot all over my fingers and fingernails. The cat's urine was a little strong so I am burning all my candles and broke off long wicks so now I have black hands, which soap will take off, but under my fingernails is the hard part!

I had a snack with no tv or book, yahoo! I wanted to turn the tv on, but I didn't. I had lowfat popcorn and a virgin bloody mary with hot sauce in it. YUM! Course, you can do the same thing with tomato juice, a little worcestershire and a little hot sauce. I just buy the mix in a bottle, chill it and pour it in a glass.

talk to you later ladies!

Faye
Old 10-30-2003, 01:28 PM   #22  
It is what it is...

Good Afternoon Girls, how have you all been, good it sounds like...

Pam - WTG on getting back into exercising, that is the hardest part for me, I have the WATP dvd so maybe I should just start in doing that, you seem to really like it , huh? I have done the one mile and it goes by so fast....

Faye - Your daughter is a skinny minney - is she naturally like that or does she work at it? Good luck on your challenge I know you can do it...

Dorothy - good luck in whatever you choose - you'll do whats best...

Julie - I hear bellydancing is great exercise, but in the store? That is funny, you sound like a blast...

Sandy B - have fun with your husband tonight...."absence makes the heart grow fonder" right? Right....

Everyone else, hello...

I have been OP for 5 straight days in a row now, I am so proud of myself, now if I could incorporate exercise I would be on one heck of a roll, huh? I am on my TOM now so I dare not weigh myself tomorrow, I dont want to be depressed by the bloating...

Have a great afternoon everyone....
Old 10-30-2003, 01:54 PM   #23  

Good Morning All!

Thank you all for being so open and welcoming. I guess its time to properly introduce myself.

My name is Susan and I've grown up in the North West. I'm a sophomore at (transfering for winter term) the University of Oregon. I love Music, theater, and being silly with my friends. I have no significant other, but a large family the imediate of wich includes my parents and 4 siblings, all about 10 years older, but we are still close and I love them all dearly.
I've been a chubby girl for as long as I can remeber and the time has come to stop my bad habbits. I'm not quite sure what my all time high was because I wasn't weighing myself at the time, but this July I weighed in at 218 wich is the highest I've ever seen the scale. I'm now at 194 as of last friday and am working toward 150 by my 21st birthday in January 2005. I drink water and go to the campus gym 3-4 days a week. On other days I still have to ride my bike and walk around campus. I want to drop the weight so that I can FEEL young and be the 20-something I know I can be.

P.S. How can you get those icons by your name

Last edited by Scuzin; 10-30-2003 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-30-2003, 02:07 PM   #24  

Ok, I gotta explain about the supermarket! When I was in college (and skinny!) I made my living doing "bellygrams" which are like singing telegrams, only I danced instead of singing. My very first assignment was for this guy who was retiring from the meat department at a local market. I was so nervous, but I said to myself "Self, I'm making a crap-load of money for doing this and it's gonna make some poor guy happy. If I can do this one thing, I can do ANYTHING!!!" So I did. I bellydanced for 5 minutes right in the middle of the grocerystore. And gave him his balloons and took a picture with me on his lap and walked away with 120 bucks!

Let's see, I've also done belly grams at a truckstop, country clubs, hotels, Bennigans, a furniture factory, schools, conventions....none were as weird as that grocery store though! Whenever I get nervous about doing something new, I just think back to that day and remember that I can do anything! Even lose weight once and for all.

Oh, I never got to say welcome to Judy and Susan.........WELCOME to our crazy group!!

Until soon,
Julie
Old 10-30-2003, 02:58 PM   #25  

Susan: To add what they call an avatar (either a pic or one of their selection) go to the top of you posting page and you should see USER CP. CLick on it go to edit options, click on it and scroll all the way down and you will see avatar and a button that says change avatar. Click on it and it should show you all the avatars you can pick from or you can use a personal picture. Scroll down past the list of avatars and you will see a browse button where you can load a pic, but it has to be really tiny I think 50 x 50 or something like that so you will have to resize any pic you want to put on. Hope that helps. You have given yourself plenty of time to lose the weight and I know you can do this!

Julie: You are ALL guts girl!

Carri: Kelly is very tiny but carries all of her weight in her behind, poor thing. Her husband is secretly terrified she is going to become me so I think he harrasses her about her weight. I keep out of it as it is not my business, but if I ever noticed something hinky about the way she eats etc, believe me I will step in husband or no husband. I like my sil but he has a very thin mother and sister and no clue what is is like to be overweight because he is a beanpole. He has no tolerance, but I think he knows to keep his mouth shut to everyone but his wife about me because I won't put up with it. She told me she asked him if he could tell I had lost weight. His response, "all fat people look alike to me." Plain disgusting ignorance is what it is so I told her, that he wouldn't acknowledge me when I become goal weight so I sure am not worried about what he thinks. I wouldn't let my own husband say anything to me, which he never would, so I am certainly not going to let that little pipsqueak get my goat! My husband worries Kelly is anorexic, but she eats and doesn't purge when I am around her and I know she weighs at least 125 lbs so she is NOT anorexic she is just tiny boned.

Well I need to go so you ladies have a nice afternoon!

Faye
Old 10-30-2003, 03:32 PM   #26  
It is what it is...

Faye - your sil sounds like a real treat to be around....with those kind of people you just be as cordial as you have to be, since he is family, and that is it...how rude....You are looking great so ignore that kind of attitude ( and I know that you do ! ) - love the new hair !

Old 10-30-2003, 04:46 PM   #27  

Good afternoon girls...wow I had a lot of catching up to do with all yours posts today...you girls been busy

Thanks once again for the continued support you girls are giving me while I am going through this situation...I am very grateful...thank you .

Pam-way to go girl!!! Proud of you keep it up...I know its hard. I decided today that I will make it a point to walk during 30 min of my lunch break if not the full hour to get some sort of activity in .

SandyB-wow you must be excited about your hubby coming back today. My parents fly in today and I am excited to see them too. Think I might take Gizmo to the airport to pick them up, some how he really attached to my mom, when she is in the house he ignores me and even sleeps with her! The rascal

Faye- I just wanted to reassure you you look great! Love the hair color and you're right you sil is just plain ignorant. Oh and I totally understand the strong cat urine smell...my big cat, Kit, sometimes does one of those...it's like a stink bomb, I immediately have to clean his litter box, open windows and spray neutralizers all over the apt .

3 things I am Thankful of today are:
1-my parents are flying in tonight
2-This thing with Andrew is not affecting my staying on program
and other mini goals
3-Halloween is tomorrow and I am spending time with my family
and trick or treating...I am dressing up as the excorcist( dd I
spell that right??)

Julie-wow that bellydancing 'grams musta been fun huh? I need to start doing that, once I have some extra cash...been paying off lots of debts. so I can be good by the summer and then save up to move to another apt during the following summer.

Amanda- hi girlie, thanks for your support...hey just wanted to say for quitting smoking again we all proud of you.

okay sorry if I missed anyone...take care you all.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:48 PM   #28  

by the way with the belly dancing I mean start going to classes for them. I found a place that cost $10 a class...not bad to be in the city. lol.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:05 AM   #29  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday! How many did you lose this week or month?

I will check in later and post smileys ladies!

Faye
Old 10-31-2003, 07:31 AM   #30  

Hello Girls!

Had a great 2 days off, now time to go back to work. 3-9 tonight then back at 7 in the am!!! ugh! then I am sure 11-7 on Sunday. off days again? who knows! But, I am grateful to have a job!! I must remember that! It helps me to have the things I need. (thank you God!) okay, going to practice at being more grateful, too easy to get caught up in all of "what we think is wrong in our lives", I certainly do have "many things that are RIGHT", I HAVE MANY BLESSINGS. (friends like you are at the top of the list of course)

pts for yesterday: 4! got in my water, stayed on my program, and GOT MY EXERCISE....YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE

PROGRESS: 9/18 - 318.2
10/16 - 311.3
10/29 - 309.2 = 9.0 lbs down

FAYE, MY COMITTMENT FOR TODAY: 2 MILES , CHECK BACK IN BY 10:00A TO LET YOU KNOW! THANKS FOR HELPING ME WITH THIS, I KNOW EXERCISE IS THE AREA I NEED IMPROVING IN!!! YOU GALS HELP ME STAY ON TRACK NOW!!
Closed Thread