Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-19-2021, 07:15 PM   #166  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

So I am excited to be working at the fair, only to get down to the main office to pick up security badge and somewhere in the chain of command my info did not reach them. So I called my contact (from our conversations I am guessing she is in her 70's-80's which is typical of the 'higher level' for the fair organizers) She said she would contact them again and I should go back tomorrow......Now I had already stood in a line, outside in the heat, for over 45 minutes only to do it again tomorrow. Not happy at all. But I will

Now I have DH saying we can put all the yard waste in bags and take to the dump/yard waste recycle instead of just loading the back of the truck (he uses it for his business---sheesh I would clean it out) I have over 4 pickup loads of stuff to haul off. I'll be darned if I am going to struggle to put this in plastic bags just to keep his truck from getting pine needles in it. Once at the dump you have to remove all the plastic...what a waste of time, energy and expense.
Sorry for the rant

Ok update, DH just got home and saw the volume of pine needles/cones, branches, timing etc. and admits that is way too much for bags, and not practical. His concern is getting the truck to the back yard without scraping the paint to get past some bushes.....sheesh I trimmed those back too. So I guess Sunday we will load up. Saturday is family get to gather so no work that day.

xxoo thank you all for letting me rant
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 07:21 PM   #167  

Good evening! Power walked and ran errands after lunch. Stopped at the weekly farmer’s market. Bought 2 pounds of honey. Will be going for another power walk after Jeopardy is over. 😋❤️😷🍀😁
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 10:06 PM   #168  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow some of us ladies from church are going to a couple tourist spots in the area. One of the places is Angel Oak:https://www.angeloaktree.com/ The other is Charleston Tea Garden: https://charlestonteagarden.com/

Nancy The yard sounds like a lot of work and the fair does sound frustrating. BTW, I love the fair!

Total Approx 1460 calories +

Breakfast ( 310 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (500 Calories)
2 protein bars 500 calories

Dinner ( 650 Calories)
salad made w/lettuce, cucumbers, mandarin oranges, cucumbers, grilled shrimp & BHF's ranch 400 calories
figs 100 calories
honey dew melon 150 calories

Exercise:
2 hours swimming paddling around

Have a Blessed evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 10:49 PM   #169  

Good night all! Power walked and ran errands after supper. Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 08-20-2021, 05:56 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Teri, great that youwere able to catch the older "Creatures" series! I'd like to see those old re-runs sometime again. I am coming along with my hip healing. On Week four post-op, I will start new exercises to strengthen and stretch areas around the hip. That will be next Thursday.

Diana, may you church ladies have a LOVELY time at the tourist spots. Sounds like lots of fun!!

Nancy, had to chuckle at the pick-up/yard waste drama. That's what pick-ups are for, aren't they ?

Took in 1200 calories yesterday. Made good choices.

Today's Plan: 1200 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, vit/min/calx2 supp., post-op exercises.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 06:07 AM   #171  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Rachel Great job!

Steps for yesterday: 6,865
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

I don't like "Today's Thought"

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 20

Luke 10:41-42
And Jesus answered and said unto her, 'Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

'
Angie brought home a new diet book each week. She had a closet full of exercisers guaranteed to take off pounds and inches. She had a cabinet full of pills, powders, and liquids bearing promises of miraculous weight loss. Cindy just shook her head. Why go to all the trouble? Losing weight wasn't going to come from anywhere except from inside the person who wanted to lose it. Desire was the main ingredient. It was too easy to get caught up in fads and fancy claims. A quiet determination to lose weight was what was really important. Angie lost a few pounds, while Cindy lost many.

Today's thought: It's hard to lose weight when you have a fat head!
Old 08-20-2021, 06:24 AM   #172  

Good morning! Just did 2 miles Leslie Sansone. Will take a shower in a few minutes. Then I’ll have breakfast. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 08-20-2021, 11:03 AM   #173  
Work in Progress

Good morning to all
WI down a bit but calories were up yesterday. Cal 1300, weight 158.8
WO none for today, Still have to go back down to get ID badge so can't work in the yard in the am since they open at 10am. Then I have to wait for the UPS guy to bring medication I need to sign for.

Rachel...well I always thought that was what trucks are for but come to find out he is more concerned about scratching the outside trying to get it in our back yard to load up.
Diana, I do so wish when we blew through Charleston a few years ago we had taken the time to sight see, but I was so excited to see my grand kids we just kept on traveling north. Oh btw when I was there I did go with your recommendation and tried the she crab soup....wow. but the calories
Teri I had no idea WA had several varieties of hummingbirds. I just know the few we saw will come back at some point and when they do I am ready. Feeders are filled.

OK I am off for now. Have some in house organization to do. We are having family over for homemade pasta/lasagna for dinner on Saturday.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:33 AM   #174  

Default August 2021

Good Morning!

Rachel: HIP, HIP, Hurray!

HIP, HIP, Hurray!

Rachel, Rachel is on her way! //I wish All Creatures Great and Small had subtitles...I missed some of it...I am a bit of a scatterbrain.

Nancy, I have been reading about crows. Did you know that a group of crows can be called a flock, a horde, a muster (a group that is joined together), or a murder of crows. Recently, I told you guys about watching a film about the inventor and visionary Nicola Tesla. I have been reading an autobiography and a biography about him. In his youth and old age he had a interest in birds. As a kid, he and his friends wanted to capture the birds. He discovered if he threw down some cardboard, the birds were distracted and he was able to grab a couple of them. But then a muster of the birds joined together and bopped him in the back of his head. He released the birds and he and his friends hid in a cave for protection...//I live in the "foothills" of the Appalachians. Many people here have signs up asking for free clean fill.

Diana: I want to check out those web sites you recommended.

CieCie: What will you do with your honey?

I biked at the Y yesterday. The pool is still closed and they started draining it early. I hope it will be ready in a couple of weeks. There's another Y that I could go to, but I think it is at least 15 miles away and I heard that the lanes are always taken. I used to be able to go to any Y that participated in the away program, but my health insurance does not cover that. I do not know why. I got my car checked out. No obvious problems were found, but I was given a couple pieces of advise. I am eating too much...but I did make soup twice this week and I am eating a lot of fruits and veggies...

I filled up 2 bushels with weeds yesterday, and one bushel today. It never ends...
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 04:45 PM   #175  

Good evening! Teri, I’m going to put the honey on my morning toast, on top of a sweet potato, and mix it in plain Greek yogurt. I have one tablespoon a day. Power walked and ran errands before I punched in at work. Will power walk to supper in a few minutes. 😁❤️😷🍀
Old 08-20-2021, 10:19 PM   #176  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

My eating was not good today. It was more than overeating, I binged this afternoon. I am so tired of the struggle. I don't know what's wrong with me. No workout to report. I got my steps in.

Nancy She crab soup is awesome!

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 08-20-2021, 10:55 PM   #177  
Work in Progress

WARNING this is a rant. Please skip if you are in a great, good, semi good, relaxed or just want a good vibe, wont get it it here.

OK quick update:
GRRRRRRR........ Went to the pass office Again at the fair ground. Mind you this is a 20 min drive, you have to find parking then walk about 1/2 mile to the gate. Got there early, gave my name, again. And poof they have not paperwork!!!! So I called my contact while I was standing there (she called me at 8:30 last night to tell me she had emailed it). The gals at the counter refused to talk to her on my phone and she requested the phone number to 'kim'. One of the gals went to check the mail again, again did not see the info then went and got 'kim' who said the same thing and no she would not call my contact, even telling me she did not know who she was. This was at 9:45 am.

Update 7:15 pm
Just got off the phone with my contact (she called me), not sure which conversation was more frustrating me explaining my frustration or her telling me if I don't want to do it just tell her now and she will pull my name. What kind of customer service was that???

I will go to the 'mandatory' meeting on Tuesday eve. I asked her to pick my badge up as I was not driving down there a third time for that one task...then at the end of the conversation she told me I had to text her my vaccination card for Labor and Industries to work there..What the Hockey puck???? It is not a requirement of the state, but guess it is now to work in public or around children? This is a bit of an overreach for me. Now I am on the fence if I am going to see this through. The comment I got from my contact it is all in the hands of our governor who keeps changing the rules everyday.

OK done now
Old 08-21-2021, 12:23 AM   #178  

Good morning! Nancylmrn, don’t blame you for being frustrated. Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 08-21-2021, 04:59 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Nancy, good grief! What a mess! I don't blame you a bit for how you feel! You certainly tried your best. Their loss. Good grief.

Teri, you are too HIP HIP SILLY!!

Diana, we are human; the battle is real. Don't be hard on your self. Today is a new day. We just keep trying, Diana. May our Lord uplift and encourage you today.

I took in 2200 calories. Just did not plan well and ate without being attentive. It's so frustrating. New day. Keep on plugging along!

Today's Plan: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, vitmin/calx2 supp., post-op exercises.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 07:29 AM   #180  

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️