Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-03-2021, 04:18 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 168/155/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Teri, yes, my cats were glad to see me! There are still a few I have not seen because I cannot climb steps well yet and some of my cats are in the upper garage. My husband is taking care of my cats for now. I don't have any physical therapy, just certain foot and leg exercises to start off with. But walking is necessary for "therapy." They told me "Every step is therapy with the hip." So no official physical therapy is ordered. They also gave me exercises to do after Week 4. Need to let it heal a bit.So I just "walk" around the house as I can tolerate. Outside the house I use the walker. They said to let pain be my guide. If I overdo it, back off.

Nancy, maybe my explanation to Teri helped answer your question about my exercises at this point. Mom and Dad are hanging in there. Mom still at nursing home til Monday, August 9. She's been such a trooper. Dad misses Mom so much; my brother has been assisting Dad. We all just want to get back to normal!

Friends brought treats over. I indulged. I took in 2000 calories yesterday.

Today's Plan: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, vit/min supp., leg and foot excercises and walk as can tolerate (using walker).
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:19 AM   #32  

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:43 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 287/255/155

Height: 5'10

Hi Rachel. I'm glad you're on the mend and doing well. Hopefully everything will settle down soon.

I am still going strong with my vegan whole foods diet. I ate 2 sliced apples and 2 cups of coffee with almond creamer for breakfast. Packed a large salad for lunch and about 2 cups of sliced strawberries for a late afternoon snack. My food for the day is packed and preped. I should be sailing through an easy day. Scale was down to 254 this morning, the lowest number I've seen yet. I think I'm looking good to hit my goal of <250# for my birthday on August 20th. Gotta keep my eye on the prize.

Tealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:52 AM   #34  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Tealer Great job on the scale!

Rachel Hang in there and follow their instructions.

Steps for yesterday: 10,090
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 3

John 14:27
'Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

'
Bill felt it was a no-win situation. If he dieted, he felt lousy because he was hungry all the time. If he broke his diet, he felt guilty. It was hard to tell which was worse, the hunger or the guilt. He wanted to trim down, but he loved to eat. He never knew that he'd suffer through so much turmoil just trying to lose weight. Diets can really stir us up. They make us feel physically and emotionally strained. During periods of dieting, we need to find peace of mind and heart. Ask God for that peace. He promises to deliver it to those who ask Him for it. When we need it most, God gladly gives it.

Today's thought: Better to have peace of mind than a piece of cake!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 10:55 AM   #35  

Good morning again! Rachel, Iím praying your recovery goes well. Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 08-03-2021, 06:32 PM   #36  

Default August 2021

Hi!

Nancy: I have had evergreens that I trimmed off the lower branches, so I could walk under it. I put a little bit of dirt and rocks down, so I could have a raised bed. Stuff grew pretty well. It is pretty dry under a pine tree and the soil is acid and less sun. I would look up what grows well under pine tree, in acid soil, dry conditions, etc... I had the same problem with grass dying. I think there are some grasses that grow better in the shade.. In recent years, I have had moss growing in some beds. It is new to me... I started growing my primroses in window boxes for better drainage...

Rachel: I watched this video of these guys chasing a cat on the field during a pro-baseball game. I think it took 4 minutes to get the cat to run in the dugout.

I biked/swam this am and later I did wts. and used the stability ball. Swimming relaxes me so much, that I don't get anything done.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:10 PM   #37  

Good evening! Went for several power walks today. Will do 2 miles Leslie Sansone in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 08-03-2021, 11:20 PM   #38  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1380 calories +

Breakfast ( 310 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (320 Calories)
2 Siggi's yogurts 220 calories
Banana 100 calories

Dinner ( 750 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 500 calories
sliver pistachio cake 250 calories (was at a ladies church meeting and my friend made the cake)

Exercise:
30 minute audio walking workout from Kathy Smith
https://www.kathysmith.com/free-30-min-walking-audio/

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 08-03-2021, 11:51 PM   #39  

Good night all! Did 2 miles Leslie Sansone. My fitness goals for today have been attained. Watching The Olympics! 😁❤️😷🍀
Old 08-04-2021, 04:21 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 168/155/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Teri, Well, you know what they say, "It's like herding cats"

Ciecie, I really appreciate your prayers. I'm discovering there will be good and bad days during this healing process; different types of aches and pains. I must practice patience and give it time to "heal."

Tealer, Thank you!! I like your whole food veggie plan.

Diana, good advice .

I wonder how USC4valpo is doing. Miss his posts.

I took in 1390 calories yesterday. My aunt brought me some portion-sized frozen veggie meals! So thoughtful and helpful.

Today's Plan: 1200-1400 calroies, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, vit/min supp., post-surgical exercises.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:53 AM   #41  

Good morning! I miss USC and Larry! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 08-04-2021, 11:07 AM   #42  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Rachel Yay for the veggie meals.

Steps for yesterday: 8,254
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 4

Philippians 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Stephanie got fantastic grades in algebra. All her friends were jealous of her abilities in class. Stephanie always smiled to herself. None of her friends realized that her father was a scientist who used algebra all the time. He tutored her every evening and helped her understand the problems that gave her friends such fits. There are times when we need special help. Without it we struggle twice as hard as we really need to. God offers to help us through our diets. Allow God to work within you as you diet, and you'll be surprised how much easier it is.

Today's thought: When the fat won't go away, take a moment then to pray!
Old 08-04-2021, 11:57 AM   #43  

Good morning again! Just got home from power walking and running errands. Will take a shower in a few minutes. Then, Iíll take the bus to a neighboring community to power walk and run errands there. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 08-04-2021, 11:04 PM   #44  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1330 calories +

Breakfast ( 310 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (320 Calories)
2 Siggi's yogurts 220 calories
Banana 100 calories

Dinner ( 700 Calories)
salad w/grilled shrimp w/BHF's ranch 600
later I was hungry so I boiled some okra 100 calories

Exercise:
2 mile walk w/Leslie, CS weight loss

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 08-04-2021, 11:30 PM   #45  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Sorry guys, last few days have just been busy, too busy. Anyway I had a 2lb gain and today only .4 of it left me.
I did make it to the gym this morning, today I concentrated more on my free weights than cardio. I think I am going to keep working like that. More Muscle=can eat more food LOL
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote