Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-11-2021, 08:16 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default oops!

Teri, oops! I hit the submit button before I had finished my last post . Anyway I had received a bald eagle all entangled in a blanket in a kennel. His rescuer was inexperienced and just threw a blanket over him to capture him. Anyway, it was interesting trying to un-entangle him from the blanket. Hubbie assisted me. First time I'd ever handled an eagle! So big, so majestic and dignified. It's their powerful talons one must be so wary of.

Hanging in there. Trying to make good choices.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 08:25 AM   #107  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Teri What a day!

I probably won't be able to get a workout in today. If I have an opportunity I will do something. It might be a "get your steps in day".

Steps for yesterday: 11,811
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Today's devotion spoke to me. I have to put in the effort and stop the sabotaging.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 11

Luke 7:50
And he said to the woman, 'Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

'
God will help us as we diet, but the weight of the responsibility still lies with us. We have to really want to lose weight. God will not do it for us. Faith is the key to unlocking God's power in our lives. When we put our faith in God, He is able to lead us in new ways. He fills us with strength, courage, purpose, and the will to succeed. God has already placed those qualities in each one of us. Faith is our way of allowing God to show us how to use what we've already got. Let us remain open to God so we can succeed in losing the weight that doesn't need to be there.

Today's thought: God has given me everything I need to fight fat!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 08:49 AM   #108  

Good morning! Had breakfast. Hoping to get a power walk in. Orkin is here spraying and trapping for bugs. Will take the bus to a nearby by community to power walk and run errands there. 😷🍀😁❤️
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 11:20 AM   #109  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI up again...that is 3lb in two day. I know it is water but frustrating since Monday was the lowest I had seen since 2012!
WO nothing official today, I will try and take a walk later but they are calling for a heat advisory to start today at noon and run through Saturday. Temps expected to be in the 100's with no relief until Sunday.

Teri and Rachel your bird stories are amazing thank you for sharing. btw crows are very very smart. Example 1: I personally have witnessed crows put nut shells by car tires to crack them open. Example 2this one scared the bageezes out of me) Take a dog bone and throw it over and over on my roof to break it up. (I though I had some kind of crazy animal in my attic banging around). Example 3: chase bald eagles out of an area, in the air! Usually there will be 3 or 4 of them harassing the eagle.

Anyway I am off for now. All I can think of for my gain is poor choice snack last night. I need to stick to my OMAD with a small nibble in mid morning. Stop eating after my main meal at night. That seemed to work.

nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 03:26 PM   #110  
Trying to live below 200

DH is back home from surgery and doing well. Praise the Lord!
Old 08-11-2021, 04:23 PM   #111  

Good afternoon! Diana, thanks for the update on your dh. So happy his surgery went well. Took the bus to a nearby community to power walk and run errands there. Will go for another power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁❤️😷🍀
Old 08-11-2021, 09:35 PM   #112  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

DH is still doing well, although a little sore. So far the only symptoms that I have from the covid vaccine is a sore arm. Hopefully nothing worse in the coming days.

Tomorrow the new dishwasher will be installed. I have the widow to wait for the installer.

I ate my normal breakfast, no lunch, but a huge dinner. Not the best decision. No exercise but I got my steps in.

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 08-11-2021, 09:45 PM   #113  

Good night all! Diana, that’s great that your dh is doing well. All I had was a sore arm after I had my second COVID shot. I also felt a little run down for a couple of days so I just took it easy for a couple of days. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 08-12-2021, 02:27 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Diana, I hope you continue to have minimal side effects from second Covid vaccination. It's great you are on your second one; you got it over with. Hang in there.

I continue to make decent meal choices, though not necessarily in diet mode. I'm not wanting to weigh in lately as I have some swelling around my hip/thigh area. Just want to wait a bit before getting back into gear.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 05:45 AM   #115  

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 08-12-2021, 09:06 AM   #116  

Default August 2021

Good Morning!

Rachel, Nancy: Love your bird stories. Rachel, tell us more about the eagle and how it is doing. I wish that I could leave it in the basement to take of our millipede problem. Every night I look in the staircase to the basement to see if there are any bugs stuck to the walls. I wonder what my cats would think of your bird... There's a wildlife rescue center about 5 miles from my home and the National Aviary is maybe 15 miles away. Some of the birds there are ones that can not be re-released into the wild because they are missing a leg or their wing is damaged, etc. My garden club has a really nice rock garden at the aviary. Oh, what are you feeding Big Bird? Nancy, I have heard that crows are really smart! You have quite a team there...I wonder if anyone ever trains crows for shows...

Nancy: I saw (on a map) that the heat is bicoastal...We have 2 more days of heat and then it will be cooler...fingers crossed.

I swam/biked yesterday and did wts./stability ball this am. I did the arc trainer for 5 minutes and today my hips ache a tad. I did 15 minutes of back stroke and I can still feel it in my shoulders, today. I am still feeling really tired.

I am eating too much, but I am using a water bottle again and I made some soup with just veggies and chicken. I included onion and garlic. I was able to harvest a few tomatoes: some little gold "cherry" tomatoes and some pointy "plum" tomatoes. I don't know what they are called. I need to get some twisties and stake up the tomato and cuke plants because they are all over the place. Some of my squash plants have died. I don't know what the problem was. It rained again yesterday, so I will not have to water today.

Global warming: I don't know what we can to stop this from happening. I don't think I could afford an electric car. I have low gas guzzling car and I need to travel pretty far for groceries, etc. There is not much I could cut from my traveling. They say to plant trees...buy local...take shorter showers...

Stay cool...
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 09:23 AM   #117  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 5,338
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 12

Ephesians 2:4-5
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved).

It really isn't a matter of whether God loves us more if we are thin than He does if we're fat. God loves us the same, no matter what. He loves sinners as much as He loves saints. His greatest desire, though, is for His children to be everything they can be. He wants us to desire perfection. The gluttony and selfishness that lead to obesity are not qualities of perfection. God wants us to attempt to live our lives as Jesus lived His. Let us vow to walk in a newness of life, transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit, on the road to Christ-like perfection.

Today's thought: God can make me better than I ever dreamed possible!
Old 08-12-2021, 04:34 PM   #118  

Good afternoon! Did 2 miles Leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. Power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. Will go for another power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 08-12-2021, 09:38 PM   #119  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1180 calories +

Breakfast ( 310 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (320 Calories)
2 Siggi's yogurts 220 calories
Banana 100 calories

Dinner ( 550 Calories)
pan seared chicken tenderloins 200 calories
pole beans 100 calories
boiled okra 100 calories
strawberry yogurt w/banana slices 150 calories

Exercise:
1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 08-12-2021, 09:59 PM   #120  

Good night! Power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😁❤️😷🍀