Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-06-2021, 02:08 PM   #61  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri000 View Post
Hello!

Nancy: When I do gardening projects, it often takes a couple of years. If you have zinnias in your garden, you could collect the dry seed heads...before the birds get to the seed and plant the seed the next year after frost. If you pull out the dry petal, the seed is on the end of the petal. Or you could buy seed next year. Some people buy plants, maybe hybrids, nicer, more compact. Hybrids may be sterile or produce something that does not look like the original. When you buy seed packs, there usually are not very many seed, but a couple of plants will produce a lot of seed and plants will bloom until frost. Maybe you could find zinnias as plants right now. It may take a number of years to attract hummingbirds that you will see. I would look up flowers and trees that attract hummingbirds. Maybe you could buy a butterfly bush now...I think garden stores have sales on plants right now. The people who work there might be able to give you some advice. If I see a garden with something I really like, I might ask if I could buy some seed from them. I have had red crocosmia that the hummingbirds like. I ordered one corm (a bulb) and it took many years to get a big clump. I have hollyhocks. I collect the seed pods that look like buttons and will strew the seeds. I have not seen any hummingbirds this year. Maybe I am not looking and I am not feeding them. There is some disease causing blindness in some birds. We are not supposed to feed them. When you feed birds, it takes a while to start seeing them. It is like maybe the next year their offspring come back. Then I notice them on other flowers. I don't know if hummingbirds need a hedge or a shrub for protection from larger predators. The weather is so weird, I don't know if hummingbirds have moved to a different location. A friend of mine lived next to a state forest and their large hummingbird feeder attracted maybe 30 birds at one time! If people are spraying pesticides and herbicides, you may not see birds. If you have more questions, let me know...
Thank you teri for all the information. We planted some "hot lips sage" which attracted them so we put up feeders. Only to have them not really stick around. We are hoping they will continue to come back but I was hoping for more. I think I will take your advice and purchase some other plants next spring. Our weather is so unpredictable right now. (53 no rain so far).
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 04:23 PM   #62  

Good evening! Did 2 miles Leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. Power walked and ran errands before I punched in. Will power walk to supper in a few minutes. 😷🍀😁❤️
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 05:43 PM   #63  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good day ladies
WI down a bit today too, as I inch back to where I was last weekend LOL
WO pretty much repeat of yesterday except I did lower body strength

Diana, I keep thinking about going back to work for a year or so just have not really jumped on the wagon yet. I really don't want to be tied down with any leadership roles, yet I don't want to be given only the low end of the totem pole positions. Guess I am kinda stuck. I saw a sign they are hiring for our local state fair which starts in a few weeks. It runs usually 3 weeks. The perks, free parking and admittance, the cons, there will be a lot of people. Then there is Macy's which when I was in there in July said they would love to hire me back (did temp work there over the holidays a few times). But I don't want to work late in the evening. I have never done food service, not sure that is something I want to try at my age. So I am really stuck on what to do.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 06:54 PM   #64  

Good evening again! Power walked to and home from supper. Ran errands both ways. My fitness goals for today have been attained. Will put my jammies on, fold laundry and watch tv in a few minutes. 😷🍀😁❤️
Old 08-06-2021, 08:24 PM   #65  

Thanks for the advice
vida93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:16 PM   #66  

Good night all! Watching The Olympics. Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 08-06-2021, 10:49 PM   #67  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Teri Yay for the stability ball work.

Nancy It might be nice to find something you could do from home. I know a lady who has gotten into medical transcribing (I think that's what it's called) another one is doing medical coding.

Total Approx 1280 calories +

Breakfast ( 310 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (320 Calories)
2 Siggi's yogurts 220 calories
Banana 100 calories

Dinner ( 650 Calories)
okra, shrimp, sausage gumbo 500 calories
vanilla pudding w/sliced banana 150 calories

Exercise:
30 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:57 PM   #68  

Headed to bed in a few minutes.😴😴😴😴😴😴
Old 08-06-2021, 11:32 PM   #69  

Default August 2021

Good Evening!

I biked today, but the pool was closed because there was no guard. In a few weeks, the pool will be shut down for a few weeks for cleaning. Later, I did the weights and stability ball. Need to work on some other stuff.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 05:59 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Teri, I had to chuckle at that word "ailurophobia". I suppose there really are people who are afraid of cats!!! I'm glad your are seeing the original series of ALL Creatures Great and Small. Seeing those episodes would bring back memories of my going over to my Grandma's to watch it with her when I was a teenager. She loved it and never missed it.

Diana, aargh on your DH's tooth ache . Poor guy.

Tealer, how are things going with your meal plan?

Well, I did not count my calories yesterday after around 1700. I am over-doing it these days. Kind of in a slump.

Today's Plan: 1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, vit/min/cal supp., post-surg exercises plus walk around the driveway with walker or cane.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 07:44 AM   #71  

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 08-07-2021, 07:56 AM   #72  

Default August 2021

Rachel: The word is ailurophilia. ...In my head, I was saying ailurophobia, too... I know some people who have really big fears of cats...and not just the big cats.

Nancy: I recently saw a picture of wild flowers growing on Mount St. Helens. They were so beautiful. ,,,When I moved, I brought a lot of shade plants, and we don't have many big shade trees, so I planted stuff in the woods. It was beautiful...but it did not last. I was naive about the critters and how trees suck up all the water. We usually have a short spring here and some plants don't like hot weather, so I sow some seed in the fall (like poppies and larkspur). Growing plants can be tricky. Perennial seed I often sow in April or start them in pots. I sometimes buy/plant perennials in the fall.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 07:57 AM   #73  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Steps for yesterday: 13,189
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 7

Proverbs 3:26
For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

Norm felt drowsy, but he didn't want to stop. He only had a few miles to go, to get home. Home. He began thinking about how nice it would be to get there and fall into a comfortable bed. Before he knew it, he was dropping off to sleep. He came to with a jolt as his fender scraped along the guardrail at the side of the road. Thank God for the guardrail. Without it, Norm didn't know where he'd be. We need guardrails. They keep us from pitching off into nothingness; past the point of no return. God can be our guardrail, keeping us from indulging our appetites past reasonable limitations. Truly, He keeps us from falling.

Today's thought: Food is a trap I'd rather not fall into!
Old 08-07-2021, 10:00 AM   #74  

Good morning! Had breakfast. Have a load of laundry on the line drying. Have a load in the washer. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁❤️😷🍀
Old 08-07-2021, 11:11 PM   #75  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

The Dr. called in an antibiotic for DH. I just picked it up. Hopefully it will help, until he gets to the Dr. on Monday.

I binged today.

Workout: CS 906 Ab & Waist and 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!