Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-08-2021, 12:28 AM   #76  

Good night all! Diana, hope the antibiotics help your dh. They helped me two years ago when I had a uti. Went for several power walks today. This included one to the recycling center. Also power walked to and home from church tonight. Watched most of The Olympics. Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 😁🍀😷❤️
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 05:19 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 168/155/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

I didn't count calories yesterday and I don't think I will today either. Kind of in a slump. Will try to make healthy and moderate choices.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 07:42 AM   #78  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

DH had a rough night.

Rachel Hang in there.

Ciecie I hope so too.

Steps for yesterday: 15,284
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 8

John 1:5
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Rusty scared herself. She walked past the mirror in the dim light of dusk and thought there was a stranger in the house. How had she gotten so big? Who was she kidding? She kept telling herself that she wasn't that big, but it was so bad she didn't recognize her-self in the mirror. It was like a revelation: a bright light shining through the darkness. She had to do something about her weight. Determined, she set out to lose the weight she had gained, and with God's help, she was able to do just that.

Today's thought: I want to find out just how good I can look!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:48 AM   #79  

Good morning! Diana, so sorry your dh had a rough night. Hopefully, the antibiotic will start working. Hope he has a good day today. Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. Have a load of laundry that I did yesterday on the line drying today. 😷🍀😁❤️
Old 08-08-2021, 11:17 AM   #80  

Default August 2021

Good Morning!

Nancy: I saw a yellow goldfinch this am eating off a purple coneflower. I don't know if you have finches out west, but the males are really pretty part of the year. We have white, red and purple coneflowers and they seed all over the place. If you know someone who has some, ask for some of the coneheads before the birds get the seeds. I used to have some yellow and orange coneflowers, but they did not survive. The finches also like yellow coreopsis daisies, the ones with the regular green leaves and 1 1/2 inch flowers. They can be biennials, but you end up with plants all over. I did not see very many birds this year, because I collected the seed. I think I need to leave some of the flower heads for the birds.. Anyway, the plants are blooming again, so I will leave them to the birds.

Diana: I am glad your DH is getting help for dental problems.

CieCie: The Olympics were great. I like to watch them as I work out...

Rachel: I just bought a watermelon. I can not say enough about watermelons. I would share a piece with you...My cat brought me a mini millipede this past week... I don't think you want me to share that with you..

I biked 5x this week, but swam only 4x this week. I think I did wts. and stability ball 5x. And I played Scrabble...alas, without Rachel. Oh, I bought apple cider gummies this week at Aldis. They have a small amount of B vitamins and a teeny bit of beet and pomegranate juice... They are much cheaper than the diet stuff advertised on tv. Oh, I made some soup with chicken and veggies (including onion and garlic) this week. I need to make this a habit, again and again...

Hope your weekend was good. This past month I ordered some blue raspberry licorice for someone. It tastes good...alas, not a diet food, but not fattening either...
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 01:30 PM   #81  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all!
Diana, I have a friend who worked from home doing medical transcription. there are some good and bad parts. but I am not sure I am cut out for that only because there is some schooling involved.

Teri, I have not seen any finches near me, we mostly have crows (who doesn't), robins and the madding woodpeckers who use the flashing on our chimney to call all their girlfriends. But I rather have them banging there then on my siding. Unfortunately they do some damage and there is not a thing you can do about it. One year we had to put up mylar strips on the side of the house to keep them from putting holes in the siding. Gosh you mentioned Mt St. Helen's, we have not been there for years! I remember when it exploded. I was not living in the state at the time but my parents and all my family were. They even scraped the ash off the cars and brought it to me when I lived in AR. I donated it to the small school our children attended. I even have the local papers from the event.

Rachel, please don't push about taking care of your parents, they have your other family members too to help. You need to recover it has only been a week. If you have to 'visit' do so and play scrabble!

ciecie, I really wish I had a clothes line. I miss towels that have hung out in the elements all day and sheets the smell is so wonderful

Today no formal workout, just errands
WI water bloat is going away slowly.
Took my mom to see Jungle Cruise yesterday. First time we had been to a movie in YEARS (even way before covid) Anyway it was good but it really did not give me that Disney feel good vibe like most of them do. Yes there were funnies, adventure and no serious stuff really. You have your good guys and bad guys. Bad jokes/puns but overall it was entertaining. I think I liked Mulan better either version LOL.

ok back later

nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 03:14 PM   #82  

Good afternoon! Power walked to and home from lunch. Ran errands on the way home. 😷🍀😁❤️
Old 08-08-2021, 11:10 PM   #83  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I'm tired and need to get to bed. DH has an early appt tomorrow and I need to take him. I will just give the calorie totals:

Calories for the day: 1550 +
No workout to report but I got my steps in

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 08-09-2021, 12:07 AM   #84  

Good night all! Diana, hope things go well at the doctors for your dh. Went for another power walk before supper tonight. Took bottles to the grocery store to be recycled. Bought some groceries while I was there. Watched The Olympics closing ceremony tonight. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 08-09-2021, 06:39 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 168/155/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Diana, tell your DH we chicks are thinking of him!!

Teri, you always make me chuckle. Thank you for being willing to share a piece of watermelon with me; that sounds so good right now. And as for the mini millipede you cat brought to you, I just have to grin.

Nancy, thank you so much for your concern . I will continue to try to take good care of myself and not over-do it. I realize that it takes time to heal. I will still be helping my parents but not to the extent of compromising my healing. They will understand my limitations and family will continue to help as needed.

Tealer, how is it going?

Ciecie, too bad the Olympics are over; I know you've enjoyed that!

I will try to make good choices today along with veggies, fiber, 2 liters water, supplements and post-op exercises.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 08:55 AM   #86  

Good morning! Rachel, I sure did enjoy them! Winter Olympics in Beijing are coming up soon. Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. Diana, hope your dhís doctors appointment goes well. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 08-09-2021, 04:34 PM   #87  

Default August 2021

Hi!

Nancy: I was in grad school when Mt. St. Helens blew. Large groups of people watched it on tv in awe from the student union. Much later a friend who was in HS said 3 inches of ash rained on home in OR and canceled a trip to Seattle. //Sorry, I have no solutions to your bird problems. //Oh, if you look up Guardian (newspaper) and National Park posters, they have these photos of art work of famous sights in U.S. National Parks. The art is simple and beautiful and I thought that maybe you as an artist and a nature lover might appreciate them.//I feel this immense sadness when I hear about all the fires burning in the USA...and the water shortages, etc.

I wt. lifted, used the stability ball and biked and swam this am. I have some errands to do, but have been stalling because it is 91 degree F outside... At least we had some rain two days ago...

I was really wiped out all day long after returning to swimming, but now I am feeling better 5 hours later...

I saw some yellow swallowtail butterflies during the past 2 days, and I just saw a Monarch. It has been years since I have seen a Monarch! I think I have 4 or 5 butterfly weed plants now...It took many years for them to start to multiply.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 04:42 PM   #88  

Good afternoon! Power walked and ran errands this morning. Had lunch. Also hung a load of laundry that I did yesterday on the line outside today to dry. Will take it down in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 08-09-2021, 06:42 PM   #89  
Trying to live below 200

Good Afternoon, Everyone!

Thank you for the good thoughts for my DH. Went to the dentist and then was referred to the oral surgeon. Went there for a consult. They could not do the work today. He will continue with the antibiotic. He antibiotic has helped him to feel better and the pain is more tolerable. On Wednesday they will remove the tooth and do an implant.

Steps for yesterday: 5,545
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy! Have a great start to your week.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

August 10

Romans 2:11
For there is no respect of persons with God.

Andrea was furious. She hadn't wanted to go on the hike in the first place, and now she was falling farther and farther behind. No one would give her time to catch up. Some of them were even laughing at her. It wasn't her fault she wasn't in good physical condition. She had to carry around a lot more weight than they did. It just wasn't fair. In this life, we don't get a lot of breaks. Just because we're overweight doesn't mean we deserve special treatment. God doesn't give preferential treatment. He wants all of His children to be the best they can possibly be. He expects us all to do our best.

Today's thought: I am trying my best to please God!
Old 08-09-2021, 07:38 PM   #90  

Good evening! Diana, thatís great that the antibiotic is helping your dh. Also, thatís great that heíll be getting help. Power walked and ran errands before supper. 😁🍀😷❤️