Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-17-2019, 11:42 AM   #331  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI up .8 168.8, don't know what is going on with that this morning other than my body water % is the lowest it has ever been 43.7% I feel bloated and uncomfortable and looking at my food choices from yesterday it had to have been the sugar from the fresh squeezed orange juice I used in our orange chicken.
Today's food is leftovers for lunch I have a bunch odds and ends that I need to clean out of the fridge. Breakfast celery and cherry tomatoes, lunch left over orange chicken and chicken soup, dinner whatever is left LOL
I keep telling myself I am going to get back on track with my movement so maybe it will be today.

I did hear from the oldest DD yesterday that her and family will be visiting us next Christmas from OH. So yeah I am excited. This is the same DD that we are meeting in Myrtle Beach Memorial day week. We will fly into Charleston on Sunday then stay there for the night and see the sights on Monday as we work our way up to Myrtle beach....Diana and Granny do you all live around there? Or if either of you have suggests of things that we 'must see' please let me know!

Back later
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:47 AM   #332  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all. Thank you all so much for the prayers for their family.

I've actually been doing somewhat well on my nutrition. I was hungry late last night so I had blueberries in milk with walnuts,chia seeds, and granola. yum.

I loved yesterday's positive thoughts:
January 16
YOU CAN BEGIN AGAIN
"There will be times when you've come as far as you can, when you heart is broken open and you see no way through.
When those moments present themselves to you, sit quietly, courageously feel what you feel, and then, and only then, let go - as gracefully as you can.
Grace is knowing for certain that you will inevitably be hurt again and knowing just as certainly that you are strong, you are resilient, and all of it will make you more beautiful.
It is only through our brokenness that our light can shine.
You will begin again."
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:07 PM   #333  

good evening! just got home from work a few minutes ago. had a very busy day. went for a power walk and ran errands during my lunch break. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. had the time before I left for work to wash three area rugs so I did those before I left for work and hung them up to dry in the basement a few minutes ago.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Ciecie, you are so interesting

Emily, so very sorry for your loss. My chia seeds have no directions. I have a collagen powder (vanilla, coconut) and I'd like to make into a pudding snack with my chia seeds, how do you do it? Your thoughts remind me of a song that seemed to come out when I was so broken "Tell Your Heart to Beat again
​​​​
Granny, I would be so depressed handling what you handle. Awesome job on your weight loss.

Larry, you moved from Ciecie's area?

Nancy, sorry about the up, but aren't you still sore? Progress NOT perfection

Rachel, glad you enjoyed the chia.

Diana, yay on the lb down!!

Nancy, that's awesome about the time with your family.

scale was being petty today...180.0.

I ended up eating some meat at the street ministry but I stuck to meat only so ate low carb but meat has calories and ate a decent amount. Finishing up dinner now. I did not do the cardiovascular I planned to do yesterday, I'd really have to squeeze it in today...been very busy...a tad bit sore from the 7 minute circuit training, but took benfotiamine and think it helped alot..

Last edited by jendiet; 01-17-2019 at 04:50 PM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 05:48 PM   #335  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

jendiet - I think I know that song! Is it by Danny Gokey?

I didn't sleep well last night, so I chose not to workout today. I also ate some chocolate... Eeek. But it is TTOM and this wedding stuff has me so stressed out - everything is SOOO expensive. I'm about ready to have a backyard potluck for the reception HAHA.
I am doing my own engagement photos. I was able to score a photographer for the wedding day for $200 (one of Ryan's family friends) and a videographer for $300.

How should I go about asking our Pastor to marry us?
Once I get the church and a reception venue booked, I won't be so stressed.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:03 PM   #336  

Hi Emily, so sorry for your loss.

Last edited by Weekend Boater; 01-18-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:14 PM   #337  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Emily Good luck with making all the wedding plans. Does your Pastor know your fiance? If so, I wouldn't think it wouldn't be a surprise and he would be happy to do it. Also, you asked about losing the weight quickly. I wouldn't focus on losing it quickly. I would focus on a way of eating that you can do long term, the rest of your life, and do that. It makes it so much easier once you get to maintenance.

Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:18 PM   #338  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I have been battling this allergy/cold thing all day. I can just think about sneezing or my nose itching and my eyes tear up. I rarely get sick, so I don't know what I have going on. Also, whatever I have is different than what DH has.

Total Approx 1515 +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/seared tuna & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Cardio Quick Fix, combined workouts
12,200 steps
Old 01-17-2019, 10:41 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Diana, I would be willing to bet it's allergies.

Emily, that all sounds exciting but stressful. I stress ate some tonight too...yes I believe that is him

Weekend, a dad's death is rough

so ds2 play went over 2x very nicely both times his costume was a problem which made me feel bad because I made it for him...the first time it was just falling apart...the 2nd time, the teachers couldn't get it right and he came out looking like who dun it??? I almost fell out of my seat! I got up and fixed it before the next scene.

but my stress eating came after I got home and I had to process ex and his family calling ds3 a different name than we do because he doesn't like ds3 name. It's so petty it royally pisses me off...

here I am trying not to lose my kids in a crowd and I'm calling him the name he GOES BY and the name he will live by under our roof and damn if he aint calling him another name . It's embarassing and I'm Frankly sick of it. I get he doesn't like it, but I have custody and for ds3 SAKE...just DEAL with it...it's got to be hard for ds3 because ex doesn't let anyone in his town call him by his real name, it's forbidden or something...and ds2 tells me ds3 yells at them and tells them "that's not my name!!!" When hes over there And they ignore him and keep doing it. Please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GROW UP!!!

ds2 did a wonderful job and he was so happy and cute..

I'm tired, I blew my diet. 1800 calories and a lot of sugar...my new tracker has me at 7600 steps???? My old one...25, 289.that one has an accelerometer in it ...I'm not sure WTH is up with the new one but I have been on my feet constantly since 7am....went to Cafe minstry, then to my sons first production, then to another ministry where I cooked and cleaned a little, than back home where I cleaned and chased ds3 some, then took ds2 to pizza party, then back home where I cooked and cleaned then back to school for ds2 second production, then back home to work where I cleaned some more.. so I think 7600 steps is a FAR CRY from my actual steps....
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:58 PM   #340  

good night all! had a busy day at work today! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:18 AM   #341  

My dad is alive and doing well! It was a miracle what happened but by all means my daddy is here by the grace of god! Sorry for the confusion.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:37 AM   #342  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default good morning!

Grannynancy, thank you for your feedback re: counting exercise calories. I had to chuckle, though, because you kind of lost me with all the apps or devices for counting activity. I'm not too technologically savvy. I just subtract the calories which come up on my treadmill as having been burned in that session. But I think i get your point that counting exercise calories may not be accurate? If I am understanding correctly, I will definitely keep this in mind. I guess time will tell if this is working for me. I appreciate your sharing this with me. You must be a scientist! It amazes me that you can calculate your BMI, bone mass, water percentage, etc.

Yesterday went well; met my goals. Today's plan: treadmill, sit-ups & stretching, 1200 calories, 2 liters water, & some veggies.

Thank you all for being there to encourage me. It is so good for me to be accountable.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:50 AM   #343  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning - 134.8 bump up but I figured that since I did not drink enough water yesterday and the poo fairy did not visit.
Today feeling a bit run down, headachy and snuffly with a bit of a sore throat so trying to fight it off. I am pretty good at doing that.
Yesterday was 1451 in 1433 out and only 6125 steps so I need to get out today and walk! It helps in so many ways.

Food is planned at 1404 calories and we will try the IP again tonight for butternut squash soup. Eating a comfort food breakfast of cheese grits - a bit early but I feel I need it right now.

Even though I got enough sleep I am sleepy so will probably just watch news and fall asleep until work and catch the exercise during the day

Rachel- yes I can be a numbers geek but the percentages etc come off a scale that "measures" that and seems consistent though not so sure of accuracy - but yes - my suggestion if you are going to eat your exercise calories is to keep up with the numbers and adjust accordingly - most fitness equipment seems to overestimate calorie burn.

Jendiet - Have you tested out your tracker by walking a certain distance and counting steps? Well whenever we blow it you say "refeeds are good" ......So hopefully you will get back on track today. Wow on the ex - your child will remember this.......sigh

Diana - stay warm. Get better. Baby yourself if you can.

Nancy - I hope you are feeling better today. Sometimes I am not so sure about how these numbers come up on that scale and how accurate they really are. but feeling bloated and icky sounds like water retention to me or you are fighting something. I am 4 hours from Myrtle Beach and am more inclined to go to Charleston which is more interesting to me but Myrtle Beach is a place an awful lot of people love to vacation.. Between Charleston and Myrtle beach? My recollection is a long straight road and a lot of swamp. I have mainly been on searches in the area and not a tourist.

Last edited by grannynancy; 01-18-2019 at 06:00 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:05 AM   #344  

good morning! will have breakfast and workout in a few minutes.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:02 AM   #345  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Boater View Post
My dad is alive and doing well! It was a miracle what happened but by all means my daddy is here by the grace of god! Sorry for the confusion.
I'm glad to hear this. I didn't understand and was really tired last night so I didn't inquire. (no telling if I misread something from the meds and tiredness)