Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-11-2019, 08:13 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 265/137/140

Height: 5'6" - 63 YO

Good Morning - 134.2 hold. Yesterday was (estimated since we ate at a friends house) 1567 in / 1470 out

Today is planned at 1580 calories and goal is to do my tai chi, resistance and walking. Saturday will be a challenge as we are driving to a memorial service for our friend (my teammate and I are driving together) and doing a pot luck after. I have to go out today and buy appropriate clothing for a funeral as I honestly have no dressy clothes. While the fellowship last night was good, I felt uncomfortable as our friends were witnessing to us and think the drive up will have more of the same. I consider myself a Christian though I feel the Word of God was painted with a 4" paintbrush and major spiritual themes and not fine point pencils. My husband believes in God and the teachings of Jesus but is not as tied to the dogma of the Church. Well, anyway....we have a different faith journey than them and sometimes it is frustrating to me for those who cannot simply be the light in the world and not get in the way the work of the Spirit but feel the need to instruct others. I feel there are too many logs in my own eye to worry about splinters in the eyes of others. My husband was engaged and gracious and patient. Today I am grateful for the centering nature of the prayer of St Francis.
  • Breakfast: refried beans, peppers, onions, corn, Greek yogurt and some tofurkey and an orange
  • Lunch: Greek yogurt, kefir, apple, walnuts and a side of oatmeal with butter and honey
  • Dinner: Fennel Frittata with fennel, eggs, caramelized onions, and cheddar

Rachel - glad yesterday was good. Daily accountability is honestly a good thing! I say a lot but it helps me focus my day and plan.
Larry - I add cocoa powder to my black coffee most mornings and don't feel the need to sweeten it. Maybe so many years of dark roast black coffee.....
Nancy - I hope the scale is kinder today; I do know weight training + water in muscles (which does not seem to log on this silly scale?)
Emily - my favorite use of butternut squash is still in soup - I don't mind the carbs because of the fiber and potassium plus it is easy to grow and prolific; same thing for sweet potatoes. I figure winter squash and potatoes of all kind are ancestral dietary staples. I usually get 40-50 grams of fiber a day and think it goes a long way in moderating those carbs. Enjoyed your positive quote and looking forward to more.
Jules - I sure hope you get word today. This has got to be extremely frustrating and a bit scary.
Jendiet - my tracker has GPS so uses a lot - I put on charger in the am while doing my planning and PM during my shower and that seems to do the trick.

Last edited by grannynancy; 01-11-2019 at 08:33 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:38 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Larry good for you with the doc report! I hope your wife sees the need and reasons for eating better. It does make it much easier when your spouse isnít indulging along with you.

Grannynancy it is frustrating. I am handling the stress mentally alright but physically I can feel it in me. My hair has always been thin(ning), especially with weight loss, but it has been falling out quickly this last week. Iíve been tested for thyroid problems and theyíre normal. It just seems my body has been under a lot of stress.

Iím up at 3 am with DH cleaning the pukies off of my daughters wall, her bedroom floor and my bathroom, as well as my sheets and my bedroom floor. She went across the house puking to come tell me, and woke me up by throwing up on me. (I can see it being kind of funny if it wasnít me) She felt better after she got all of it out so I am hoping it was just something she ate. I checked her hernia and thereís nothing there to be concerned about (doc told me what to look for with complications). Hopefully tomorrow will be uneventful.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:44 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 265/137/140

Height: 5'6" - 63 YO

JulesMarion - buy some brazil nuts and eat one a day for the selenium unless you are eating a good many other sources. It makes a big difference that and zinc both do and the zinc is good for the immune system (which, with your stress......) -- I have had no issues with hair during weight loss and my daughter is also finding those nuts to be a big help. Sorry about the pukies with your daughter but happy it did not make the hernia worse.

Last edited by grannynancy; 01-11-2019 at 08:45 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:36 AM   #214  

good morning! just had breakfast! will work out in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:27 AM   #215  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/lost my ticker/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI the same as yesterday no change, but also did not get to my workout. I got home all dressed in my workout clothes then trying to climb the stairs my muscles are still so sore I just thought nope not yet. (When you have to hold on to something to sit down in the bathroom you know you overdid, TMI) I know once this round of soreness is gone I will be good to go. It is my normal pattern after being off for a few months.
Last night I indulged in beef stroganoff and ate a few egg noodles so was a bit surprised that there was no gain.

Larry yes I go to the diet dr. website frequently and have tried many of the recipes there

I will be back later with personals
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:01 PM   #216  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Jules: Sorry about the puke mishap! I do have to say I did laugh (sorry), although I totally know this is gonna bite me in the butt later on when I have children. I'll probably puke as I'm cleaning up puke. haha. My co-worker's child has a hernia and it seems like he is puking often. My dad just had hernia surgery - it seems like a simple surgery. Can they do hernia surgery on children? Good luck - hope she is all better!

Good morning all. I'm having my morning coffee. Planning salads for lunch and dinner (gotta use up my leftover chicken!)

Today's positive thoughts:
January 11

In Good Company

Spend time in the company of those who can stand up for you when you are unable, those who believe in you when you are unwilling, those who honor the magnitude of your greatness, even when you are not quite ready to yourself.

They see you for who you are. Trust them, show them love, and honor these relationships.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:14 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 317/277/200

Height: 5' 6"

EmilyLarnder DW does use sugar free candy and regular candy. She is however willing to at least try a recipe using Carbquik that I recently bought. It's like Bisquick but only has 2 grams net carbs per 1/3 cup serving.

GrannyNancy What I am using is CACAO powder antioxidant flavanols, not COCOA. The hot chocolate I made last night tasted very good. Next time I will make a couple of changes. First I will use half water and half heavy cream, Next I will take the suggestion on the package to add a pinch of ground cinnamon and finally I will mix it in the blender before heating it. I believe this will move it from very good to outstanding. I will let you know.

JulesMarion I pray that your daughter is better and it was not serious. Just one of the joys of being a parent.
I have hope for my DW because for the first time in 30 years of marriage. She accepted a flu shot and agreed to having a mammogram this coming Tuesday. She has always steadfastly refused both. Maybe we can get her to at least try reducing her carbs. Time will tell.

I took my DW for routine fasting blood work today and after we ate a small family restaurant that we like. I stayed on plan with a 6oz grilled salmon with no sides except one cup iceberg lettuce salad with extra virgin olive oil and black unsweetened coffee. My lunch was 365 calories and 2g net carbs.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:42 PM   #218  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

Morning coffee: Black coffee w/ 2 Tbsp sugar free caramel macchiato creamer
I snacked on some white kidney beans while I packed my dinner for work.
I worked out: I did Core de Force MMA Shred. Burned 384 calories according to my fitbit.

Lunch
turkey breast on rye
*lettuce
*tomato
*red pepper
*swiss cheese
*honey mustard
I had a side of fresh steamed broccoli.

Tonight, my dinner will be a nice big salad.
* artisian greens blend
* leftover roasted chicken
* white kidney beans
* banana pepper rings
* three mini bell peppers
* 2 Campari tomatoes
dressing: olive oil & balsamic vinegar

I will post again tonight; as I will snack on something when I get home tonight. I will also post my calories and macros for the day.
praying for strength to resist junk today. Yesterday was a bit better.
Getting a little better, and I am trying to remember to trust the process; this got me SO far last time.

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 01-11-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:10 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

I laugh too after having a little more sleep, it is one of the joys of parenting! Haha. She is fine this morning, and I got a call from the scheduler who told me the reason they havenít called is because the surgeon has been in surgery the past few days and hasnít had a chance to see the images. She will call to schedule today or Monday. (Sigh)

I weighed in after being back on track for a week from all the Christmas eating. 176.2, with having just ovulated and feeling a little bloat still + no PF. So I am a little discouraged but glad I held off til now otherwise I would have been pretty sad at the gain. 5 lbs for holidays isnít too terrible. Just need to stick with it!
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #220  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

Jules - you are not alone. I've gained ~12 (or more, been afraid to weigh myself) since last July. You are right. Just stick with it and it will be okay
Old 01-11-2019, 07:10 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Granny, sorry about your loss. I just like to talk about Jesus and to whomever, though a guy today tried to tell me it wasn't my place.....(smiling) "OK try to stop me"

Rachel, when my son was in SADAC (outpatient rehab for pot) his teacher Rebecca eased my frustrations with that quote

Jules, so does that mean she does need surgery? I have been puked on too many times to count, so sorry. Hope she is all better (I laughed too...sorry commiserating giggles). I agree with Granny about Selenium. Interesting because that is a definite Thyroid symptom and as I have told Granny my thesis for my BSN was about subclinical hypothyroidism prevalence. I hypothesize that there are those whose problem like as in diabetes is the UPTAKE of hormone...specifically T3 and T4 rather than the production.

Larry, I can see where you would get that...
but the book is actually detailing how the diet makes the body less insulin resistant...the methodology is to keep insulin spikes low because these spikes are too much in an insulin resistant person and the body down regulates insulin receptors due to this problem which increases insulin resistance ...a type II diabetic is just someone who has gone over the ledge of insulin resistance where his or her body refuses to uptake insulin or makes little or both.

by keeping insulin spikes low, the body can begin to increase receptor sites for insulin again. (Increases insulin bioavailability)This is the goal and helps keep sugar cravings lower.

hot cacao sounds yummy. There is a Mexican version I get of hot chocolate that has cinnamon in it and it's just a bar of chocolate you have to melt...

Emily, that is very well thought out. Reminds me of the Bible verse "As a man thinks in his heart, so he is."

ciecie, energizer bunny has nothing on you

ok, TOM came LAST NIGHT right before bed. I did have my alternator replaced (5 min to knock off bolts, 5 min to put new bolts in) part was $130. Runs great.

Finally did get to eat, pizza, thin crust and some Italian cheese bread. Ate 3 squares of that, 3 wings, and 3 slices of the pizza...

I was exhausted but did not get to 10,000 on this tracker again. I do try to watch it, but I wonder if it's counting steps correctly...it updates in increments...it's ok...just have to work harder for steps...I don't think it was counting me walking in steps around the kitchen cabinets because I don't move my arms very much like when I walk...

I got on the scale before cafe ministry and the result jolted me awake 177.8???

so, I tried again...179.4 and I did it once more 179.4...that's the number I put down. Back in the 170s...hope I keep this ground...1387 calories today

I was busy today...I found a stove for a woman I met at the ministry..she had 2 kids with her and was getting on the bus to take her daughter to mental health...I was telling her about God's goodness and she told me their stove went out and she was going to have to give away their food she couldon't cook (rented but had to get her own appliances).I couldn't get a new one, but I found a working one. Will be delivered tomorrow. Pray that goes smoothly.

we also had to pick up oNE of my dogs from the vet, just got spayed...and then my friends daughter made us dinner but I offered to clean ...so still got to do that and I work again this weekend
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:48 PM   #222  

Hi everyone, Happy Friday : ) quickie post as I am starting to fade but wanted to check in. Nancy , thanks! I enjoy hearing what you been up to too and yes boating season still a ways away! Didn't get out on it once last summer due to things being so busy here and I cannot wait ...we promised to take time for it this year.

My cold much better and it's on its way out! Went to the market today for my meal plans and healthy snacks and even accomplished some thing around the house I had to catch up with. It felt good to move again! lol
I hpe that everyone had a good day and has a great weekend. My day went well planwise and tomororow's menu is to be determined.

Today's menu:
Lunch- Thin'trim turkey roll up (l.f mayo, turkey, large lettuce leaf, 1 slice w.w cheese)
snack- thin n' trim turkey
Dinner- roast chicken (breast meat no skin), butternut squash, salad (greens, tom, cuke, kalam. olives, piece of feta)
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:04 PM   #223  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Grannynancy I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. How did the clothes shopping go?

Weekend Boater I'm glad you are feeling better. I think my DH is coming down with a cold or something.

Jen Yay for getting your car fixed. I'm glad you were able to be a blessing to the lady with the stove. Have you seen the movie Left Behind? We saw it tonight at church.

Total Approx 1515 calories +
Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner ( Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Home Gym Intervals - combined workouts w/5's minus floor work at the end
I also got my 10,000 steps in.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:11 PM   #224  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

Good evening. I am still at work. Here till 11:30.
It has been a slow night so all of us workers were able to go to the break room and we all had ice cream. I figured with my workout and diet today, I could afford it.
So, today I consumed approximately 1600 calories, burned 384, net calories for today 1216 - which is still really good considering my basal metabolic rate is around 1750! 534 cal deficit. I just need to stick with it.

Diana - I want to see that! Did you enjoy it?

Tomorrow our landlord is coming to look at our toilet because apparently our water bill was abnormally high?
I am actually planning on riding my spinning bike tomorrow for a short workout.
Boyfriend (Ryan) is taking me out to dinner in the evening.
Sunday Ryan and I are going to church, then going to my parents' house to visit - my mother wants Ryan's help taking down the Christmas lights. It will be interesting to see how my family acts around us now that I know that Ryan has asked my dad for permission to marry me (they think I don't know he asked).

Not sure if i'll be on tomorrow. If I'm not, have a great weekend all

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 01-11-2019 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:15 PM   #225  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

EmilyLarnder Yes, I really liked it. My DH didn't go with me tonight. I would like for him to see it.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote