Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-13-2019, 11:39 PM   #256  

diana, you did well despite the challenges. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:14 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Met my calorie goals yesterday of less than 1500 (had 1390). Have lost half a pound. I'm going in the right direction!

Back to daily plan of 1200 calories, some veggies, 2 liters water, sit-ups and treadmill .

All of you are an inspiration
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:01 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 135.0 bump up. Yesterday was another high calorie day at 2071 in and 1852 out - today needs to be focused.

Gooooood dog training. Tilly worked a very contaminated trail perfectly and Beau got some hides I don't normally have access to. It was cold outside all day. Felt good to come home and stretch out. With me gone all weekend the house is a total wreck and I cam going to cover up on the sofa and start work late. LOL 8am=late start unless I get a phone call before that.

Today is planned for 1267 calories
  • Breakfast = potatoes, onions, peppers, tofurkey in a stir fry
  • Lunch = Kefir, chia, and blueberries
  • Dinner = Bok Choy, onions, mushrooms, cauliflower rice and a peanut so sauce
Jendiet - good hold on the 170s .......... I need to get nutritional yeast it IS good stuff! Also good to add to recipes. What tracker do you have?

You know if someone else wants to be re-baptized or whatever.....I don't think it is my place to judge them...but it is NOT their place to judge me either. I believe in the sacramental nature of Baptism and Communion and that God is present in the elements and it is something done by God and not by me..so one is good enough for me..and it is very consistent with the new covenant and the replacement of circumcision with Baptism [Male converts to the Jewish faith had to be circumcised but infants were]....But I digress. How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

erhaps the main challenge with Confirmation as done in our church is it is like Bar and Bat Mitsvah in the Jewish faith as an "expected" affirmation of faith after a period of instruction and study as opposed to an internal expression. But, truth be told, I think a lot of folks may proclaim they are saved for the affirmation by the community and to satisfy family expectations...so......Personally I skipped out of confirmation as a teen and did not affirm my faith until I was a young adult.

Diana - the fritattas probably hold you due to the fiber. The fiber is why I add chia to my yogurt (and let it sit for about 30 minutes to swell up before I eat it). Ground flax would do much the same.
Rachel - WTG on the loss!
Nancy - hope your mother is feeling better - yep black ice is no joke and hills even less - the soup sounds great. Bone broth so good for you.
Ciece - your steadfast vigilance is inspiring.

Last edited by grannynancy; 01-14-2019 at 09:54 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:04 AM   #259  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Thank you for the replies and support. I appreciate everyone here. So I was able to finished up with stuff I needed to get done before bed. I went to bed at a decent hour. I woke up feeling more accomplished than when I went to bed.

I really like the convenience of the yogurt on Sunday. Making my own yogurt isn't an option so maybe I can put chia seeds in my yogurt? Any thoughts on that?

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1390 +
Weigh In: 187.2
Down: .8 (I am down what I was up yesterday)

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 14

Psalm 11:7
For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

Don't let self-pity become part of your diet. It's very easy to feel sorry for yourself when you diet. First, you feel bad because you're overweight. Then you feel bad because of all you have to give up. You feel badly because other people don't seem to understand what you're going through. They get to eat as they please. All of these things can make dieters feel extremely sorry for themselves. Take heart. God knows what you're going through and He is delighted that you care so much about yourself. It is right and good to want to lose weight. Whenever we try to do what we think is right, God supports us completely. Replace self-pity with the blessed assurance that God is on your side.

Today's thought: Dieting is no reason for self-pity!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:10 AM   #260  

Diana - I only put the chia seeds in 30 minutes before I eat it..........
Old 01-14-2019, 09:25 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Diana and Granny, do chia seeds turn slimy in stuff? I got some fruit cups with chia and it has an interesting viscosity...if I didn't like the taste, I wouldn't touch it...I DO like it though...I just gulp the weird texture...

Diana, good post today. 180.4 for me today...tempted to have a pity party...I worked out with the BitGym thing, WHICH I LOVE. I want to find a way to cast it to my large tv, the scenic routes are so pretty. I am almost convinced I want to pay 7.99/month to take those trails...I tried other apps but they don't work on cadence like this one. ...anywho, I worked our for 30 min last night exploring the app and I even jogged a bit. .and UP 2 lbs this morning!

so frustrating....I did eat a bit of salt...I was tempted to munch on junk...and I ate some seaweed, a sliver of cheese (literally) and took fiber gummies...

Granny, it's a Hommie...it's pretty and when it's connected...I love the features. I figured how to turn it off and on...so I can reset the Bluetooth connection to my app...Google fit just runs anyways and I like that. ..I also like the points it gives...incentives for me...
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:27 AM   #262  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all!
WI down 1.0 167.8 but still have a ways to go to get that extra off. I have no excuse, yesterday you would have believed that I was at carb fest. I gave up trying to count them but the calories where under 1400.
Today's meals are planned ...somewhat anyway. I am taking my chicken/veggie soup all this week for lunch. It worked out great that the batch made 5 servings of about 1.5 each.
DH just sent me a text to say the roads are a bit icy this am so I am going to jump off here to leave a little earlier and go slow.....back later xxoo

Last edited by nancylmrn; 01-14-2019 at 02:55 PM.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:27 AM   #263  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quick question: If I were to get one product to put in my yogurt to try. I don't want to do any extra grinding etc. Which one of these would be best?

Chia only: https://www.vitacost.com/carrington-...ia-seeds-14-oz

Chis flax combo: https://www.vitacost.com/carrington-...nd-gluten-free
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:58 AM   #264  

Personally I would go with the chia because once the protective hull is removed from flax it is subject to going rancid very quickly. I grind my own flax just before use with a coffee grinder. The chia is also pretty flavorless.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:04 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Happy Monday!

Diana, I would go for the flax & chia mix if the flax is ground up. (Edit to add- I freeze flax because it does go rancid as Grannynancy said) it’s the fiber that will help, so whichever form you fancy? When we went grocery shopping yesterday, all forms of chia seeds were sold out. Seems like everyone’s on a chia buying spree and I didn’t get any.

Jen the app/tracker sounds fun. My treadmill has this subscription thing for fun trails I could buy but I just put my iPad up and watch Netflix. It would be fun to try though. It’s hard to see the numbers bounce around so much, I’m sure the bounce up is sodium. My numbers bounced up but that was Christmas... haha.

I did realize that the weigh in from a few days ago was elevated slightly because of TOM arriving on time (which is a shock because I’ve been bouncing from 25-40 days). Maybe I’m finally starting to level out. Also explains the moodiness and emotional mess I was.... but anyway.

I found Brazil nuts at Fred Meyers in the bulk section and have added them to my daily foods. Thank you ladies for the recommendation. I realized too that part of my hair issue (among not getting enough certain micronutrients and fats) is that I take hot hot showers and that’s not good. My husband hopped in the shower after me and from his reaction was almost scalded. I am cold so much that sometimes the only time I am warm is in the shower and that’s because I run it so hot. So, now I am lowering the temperature and adding more layers. Warm (not scalding) showers and some added nutrients to my diet will likely help the hair problem. I feel silly I didn’t realize that hot showers aren’t good for you (common sense lacking there) but now that I know it it seems like a DUH thing.

If my husband didn’t have a good job and my family didn’t live here, I would move out of Alaska. We just got over a cold snap of -40 and I thought I’d never feel warm again.

Last edited by JulesMarion; 01-14-2019 at 11:07 AM.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:20 AM   #266  

good morning! just got home from power walking and running errands.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:37 PM   #267  

Hi everyone : ) I read the posts and came into write yesterday and big crash! I was really concerned for my pc yesterday but it seems fine now and is it not humming! I hope that you all had a nice weekend.

Diana- thanks! I hope your DH feels better, I have mine home today and I feel so bad to see him not feeling well but he is in bed resting so that's good. What a busy bee you were this weekend! Hope you have a good day.

Emily, ty! It's so nice to see you again. Good on washing your hands all the time! I use those hand cleaners at the grocery store and do the cart handle with it too and I lift that baby seat thing and do it! lol I wont go into that! smiling......hope your day is going well.

Jen, thanks! Hanging in there and plan is going well. I slept good this morning too which was much needed.

Nancy, your soup sounds good and I hope you enjoyed it and had a great weekend.
Jules, hang in there
Keli, great to see you as well and to see you all here.
A big hello to everyone else and hope to catch up more soon.

Yesterdays plan went well and tomorrow is my 2 week mark. Tonight I am either having the beef leftover or roast chicken if I make it to the market. I want to keep an eye on DH. Wishing you all a good and successful day.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:23 PM   #268  

good afternoon! just did 2 miles leslie Sansone. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:14 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

The scale was kind to me this morning. A two pound drop to 277 I started at 317 on November 23rd so this makes an even 40 pounds lost.

I mad a minor adjustment to my macros yesterday to better fit the Keto diet and adjust for weight lost. Now it is 1710 calories, 5% carbohydrates, 75% fat and 25% protein. My Keto test strips continue to show that I am in moderate Ketosis. A great place to be. I thought 75% fat would be impossible to achieve but with a lot of online research I find it very easy.

Weekend Boater Congrats on coming up on the two week mark. Way to go you've got this.

JulesMarion I add snacks of walnuts, almonds or macadamia nuts to add fat to my diet. I just ordered a three pound bag of walnuts and a two and one half pound bag of roasted almonds from Sam's Club. I did not know that they will ship to my house and as a Plus Card member shipping is free. I will do more of this. I only eat 2oz of nuts a day so this is going to last quite a while.

Bad night last night I woke up two different times with leg cramps. Had one in each leg and very painful. I will have to do some research and see if anything in my diet may be the cause.

Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:46 PM   #270  

I made it to the market! yay, I am all set for the next 3 days.
Todays menu:
Lunch -thin n'trim chicken (had it before running out to the store)
snack-hungry, had a salad to hold me over until dinner (greens, tom, tiny bit feta, 4 kalamata olives)
Dinner- roast chicken (breast , no skin) broccoli, and either a salad with it or another veggie.

ceicei: I love the Leslie Sansone walks, Diana turned me on to those last time I was here. Enjoy your power walk.

Larry, thank you! and congratulationsss on that wonderful loss and the 40lb. mark! That is wonderful!

To everyone else, a big hello as well. Wishing everyone a good night. I am happily going to sofa surf tonight and look for a good movie.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote