Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 6/27 - 7/10

This check in will be for 2 weeks due to the upcoming holiday!

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-10-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

I'm still bopping along. I'm above my low, but below 200, so I guess that's all OK. I'm periodically getting discouraged because I'm losing so slowly, and because I often feel I'm not committed enough, but when I look at the stats, I'm still losing at a perfectly reasonable rate, nearly 1.5 lbs/week over the last 4 weeks.

I planned and shopped for a bunch of meals this week, something I'd been slacking on for a while. I cooked for a while this afternoon and now have meals for at least 2 nights, and a couple lunches banked, and a third meal started. And I fed us tonight. Hopefully that will make good choices easier during the week.

My only exercise this weekend was a brief hike I took yesterday. If you're interested you can read about it here Hope everyone had a good weekend.

I'm still bopping along. I'm above my low, but below 200, so I guess that's all OK. I'm periodically getting discouraged because I'm losing so slowly, and because I often feel I'm not committed enough, but when I look at the stats, I'm still losing at a perfectly reasonable rate, nearly 1.5 lbs/week over the last 4 weeks.

I planned and shopped for a bunch of meals this week, something I'd been slacking on for a while. I cooked for a while this afternoon and now have meals for at least 2 nights, and a couple lunches banked, and a third meal started. And I fed us tonight. Hopefully that will make good choices easier during the week.

My only exercise this weekend was a brief hike I took yesterday. If you're interested you can read about it here I thought I might get out for a bike ride this evening, but at this point that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Things are still pretty rocky for me emotionally. My husband is currently on short-term disability for his depression. While this of course raises financial worries, there are positives. Not working seems to be helping him a good bit. He's getting up and doing something everyday, whereas he'd been mostly sleeping while he wasn't working before. I guess he's only got a limited amount of functionality in him right now, and every drop and more was getting him through work. It'll be nice that he'll be home with my son. And frankly, he keeps a tidy house, much better at that than I am. I am feeling bad about about essentially firing our babysitter abruptly. She's a friend of mine, and I know they don't have much money, and I feel just awful about it, but we don't have so much money that I want to keep paying her even though we won't need her.

Also weighing on me is the news that one of my oldest and dearest friends was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was found early, and I'm sure she'll come through, but it's still news that really shakes me. Her mother also had breast cancer at this age (38) and I know they've made great strides in treatment since then, but I just hate to see my friend go through what her mother went through.

Last edited by zoodoo613; 06-27-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: fix link
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

hi everyone...so sorry to hear about your friend's cancer...i'm sure she'll be fine but that would be a hard thing to get through....we also had to "fire" a babysitter last fall when she (a friend) started acting reallyyyyy weird, bizarre mood changes, and more...although we had planned to switch providers anyhow, we ended up doing it much more quickly than planned...

finally got to get out on the repaired bike...went for a 45-minute bike ride and i'm guessing it was about 3ish miles, maybe a bit more...the seat hurts my tailbone also but otherwise it was fine...i love bike riding but the only time i get to go is later at night and if its too late, i won't go because of all the bears around here

have been eating good today, with carbs at 19 right now...scale is inching lower also...reading lowest first thing in the morning and then hovering a few pounds up throughout the day...interestingly, the scale read a low weight this morning when i went potty, then i went back to sleep for an hour and when i got up, the scale read even lower...TWICE!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 262/ 218/ 175

Height: 5'4

I always like to plan my day ahead. So here is my Monday 6-27 plan.

Weigh in first thing.
B Special K protein bar 20 oz water
L Spinach salad with chicken and strawberries 20 oz water
S yogurt cup and nuts
D Quiche (ham eggs cheese and spinach on a hash brown crust)
S apple with peanut butter

Walk 2 miles with Leslie (walk away the pounds)
sukale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:27 AM   #5  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I did so great Friday night and Saturday for the wedding and the cookout!! Even Sunday was great up until about 2pm when 1 glass of wine turned into the ENTIRE bottle!

Friday
Total Cals: 1435
Tennis: 535
Water: 112 oz

Saturday
Estimated Cals: 2000
No Exercise
Water: 72 oz

Sunday

Cals: 1950
No Exercise
Water: Approx 64 oz

When, oh when, will I learn???
Afterwards, I ordered 2 large and ate 2 slices out of each of them--then I went for frozen yogurt and a firework show! (I didn't drive)
I ruined all the success I had accumulated for the weekend
Push on some more....

BTW: TOM is kicking my butt!! My symptoms are really bad this month. I feel terrible.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:21 AM   #6  
BlockHead =)

Hi all, I'm starting back on the forums again so I guess I'll jump in here
I'm starting a raw food cleanse today to try to detox my system a bit so I can think more clearly and figure out how I want to proceed. My goal is to do it through Saturday but that may be a bit more than I can handle.

At any rate my goal for today is all raw fruits and veggies along with nuts. And drinking only water. No binging, but eating to fullness when hungry.

Good luck to us all!
Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #7  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Let's make it a great week!

Weigh In: 143.6
Down: .2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamerican View Post
Diana: What are your favorite workout videos. You seem to do a lot of them. I was wondering if you have a favorite.
Erica For cardio it's Turbo Fire all the way! Right now, my favorite step cardio is Jenny Ford's Step By Step. It's really good, basic step. Workouts that are cardio and weights is Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body and Kelly Coffey Meyer's 30 MTF Circuit Burn. I like the weights and cardio on this one. There are a lot of premixes on Circuit Burn that make it fantastic.

Zoodoo I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Stay strong for her and keep a positive attitude around her. That can make all the difference for her.

Alaskanlaughter Congrats on getting the bike going. Hmm, bears are not good. Stay safe.

Sukale Hi and Welcome to the check-in! I'm in SC, too!

K9 I used to drink wine on the weekend. A glass always ended up being a bottle for me. You know, I didn't want it to go bad.

Jeniansmom Hi and Welcome to the check-in!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:32 AM   #8  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Ugh... Lost my WHOLE post with personals because I stepped away to go to the bathroom and my son took over the computer! Grrr! LOL

Well, I'll redo personals later.

Going to do Zumba in an hour.

Plan for this week:

Monday: Zumba
Tuesday: BodyPump (A barbell aerobic stength training class - am I nuts???)
Wednesday: BodyStep (because I love step)
Thursday: BodyPump (because I'm a glutton for punishment)
Friday: BodyStep
Sunday: Zumba

I 'might' do a couple more evening classes like Zumba or Aqua Zumba during week, but not sure.

Scale was very kind to me this morning. Down .8 to 201.0. Inching so close!!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:50 AM   #9  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

This morning, I feel crampy, irritable, and BLOATED.
I don't have a hangover--I usually don't get those, but TOM symptoms are worse. I promise, I never felt like this when I was on the pill.

Anyway, I still have almost 2 whole in my fridge (one is veggie, the other is bbq) DH will eat the bbq.

I didn't binge on it, but this a.m. I was graced with a 5 lb GAIN
I realize it's a 4 lb water weight gain, but SERIOUSLY!

I have to place on the allergy list, I think. I need to convince myself I am truly allergic to it!!

Tonight is work for me--yaaaaa me!

Have a fabulous OP day everyone!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #10  

Mornin'!

I'm at 198, meeting my 10% lost goal! I bounce so much that I may not see it tomorrow, but I was down to 198.2 a couple days ago, so I don't think it's a complete fluke. It's funny, with all the focus on the 200 mark, I kind of missed that I'd hit the 20 lbs. lost mark.

I tried to convince myself to ride my bike to work this morning, (I have the freedom to do that now that hubby's home) but lying in bed reading for a few extra minutes sounded like a better idea at the time. Here's hoping for tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 168.6/162.4/140

Height: 5"5

Hey everyone! Hope everyone has a grat day!

Zoodood - so sorry to about your friend!

Alaska - Yay on the bike!

K9 - I miss wine! I always ended up drinking more than the glass I had intended also!

Berry - Sounds like you've got a good plan for the week. I haven't tried Zumba yet. Do you really like it? I've heard good things.

Diana - I love this thread it's awesome!

I did do my 20 minutes on the s. bike this morning before work, will do another 20 this afternoon. I'll probably throw in a couple of Leslie Sansone workouts this week.
I'll keep drinking my water. TOM is almost over then I won't be too terrified to weigh!
amy3469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #12  

I just discovered that the creamers I've been using at work are about half the calories I'd been recording. They are 9ml instead of .5 oz that fitday uses for an "individual container". This is why, while I do record everything, I just don't stress to much about recording everything precisely. I'm bound to be getting it wrong anyway!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

Well this weekend was plain old bad as far as the food is concerned. But I had quite a wonderful weekend. Friday was our first night baby free. That was a lot harder than I expected it to be. I made it 12 whole hours though! I guess a good thing about going off plan is I realized im not producing enough milk anymore. Whenever the baby usually eats its about every 1.5 to 2 hours and this weekend he was going for 4 hour stretches. So I think I need to be more dilligent about staying in between 1700-2000 and see if that helps with my milk supply. Also, I suppose another good thing about going off plan is that it helped me see just how far I have come. In the past one off plan weekend could have led to a week or even a month and oh the guilt trip I would lay on myself.

It is what it is. Its just food. No reason to berate myself over it. New day,
new choices to make.

Oh and I was wearing the bodybug wrong! lol So my daily burn has been in between 2300 and 2500 with no planned exercise.

Zoodoo- WOOHOOO!!!! 10%

K9- sounds like we had very similar eating this weekend.eek. Today is a new day though!

Berry- The gym everyday, you are an inspiration!

Jeniansmom- Welcome! Good luck with your cleanse. I always think more clearly with all the processed junk out of my diet.

sukale- welcome! sounds like you planned a wonderful day. Let us know how you do.

alaskanlaughter- The thought of being just a bike ride away from bears TERRIFIES me!

Diana- how long did it take you to lose all the weight?

So I promised myself I would hold myself accountable so Im listing what I ate for the weekend.

Friday- .75 cup of cereal
.75 2% milk

3 slices of ham
3 slices of turkey
spinach
lettuce
mustard
1tb mayo
1 bag edamame

2 granola bars
jalapeno cheesestick

whole order of honey bbq boneless wings.

Saturday
1 chocolate chip pancake
1 slice ooey gooey cake

club sandwhich
2 slices sourdough
reg mayo
mustard
ham
cheese
turkey
bacon

Sunday
1 mcgriddle
1 sausage mcmuffin

wings
pasta salad
breadsticks
pizza
1 slice peanut butter pie
1 slice red velvet cake.

The end of this post and crappy eating choices! Good luck with the upcoming week everyone!!!
abbysue715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #14  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone!
I guess I'm a little bit pleased. My scale stuck which surprised me since I splurged Saturday night with a small chocolate milkshake. OMG, it was wonderful. Than yesterday was so weird with the Silent Movie Nosferatu that I only got my oatmeal in. So sweet hubby asked what I'd like. Gosh he's super. He works hard during the Movie and then goes grocery shopping, cooks and cleans. He's the best. I chose homemade beef burritos that includes cheese and sour cream. I had two fat ones BUT I'm still 249.4 so I feel great. I have to make sure to get my 6 days of workout in this week. I want to keep going down and not up.

zoodoo being strong for yourself and eating healthy as well as getting some exercise will actually help your loved ones too. I feel better now eating better and exercising, I feel stronger mentally as well. As a strong, healthy woman you will be able to be stronger for you husband and friend. You could also be someone they could look up to. " zoodoo is so strong and positive, I want to be like her." I know that for me when I'm down or having issue with my health I look at the stronger ones around me and think "I want to be like them." Also sometimes it clicks in my head that they are being strong for me that I want to show them that I too am fighting to make myself better. I hope all that made sense. Sometimes it makes sense in my head but not outside

alaskan I was thinking a silly thought about biking so late with the bears. It could be a great cardio for you. See a bear pedal faster. I am just kidding. Don't mess around with bears (I know you won't ). I can totally relate to the tailbone thing. I have to sit on 2 pillows on my recumbant bike. Good luck with a better time.

Krystal I always thought pizza was the perfect food: dairy, protein, veg and bread. Its also easy to get your hands on, but it's too easy to eat too much. I think the wise thing is to preempt the over doing it with the phone ordering. On the safe side you could order one pizza with 1/2 and 1/2. Once it's home you won't be able to change matters. Less guilt, but what do I know, I'm not a pizza person AND I never do the ordering.

sukale Monday sounds yummy.

Berry I hope you had a great Zumba class.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Yesterday I really blew my diet away!! I attended my grandson's HS Graduation party and I kind of lost my normal control. Had sub sandwich, ice cream cake, chili and everything else in sight that was not good for me!!

The bottom line was I consumed 2205 calories which is 705 over my plan. However my sodium intake was a real disaster. My plan is for 2000 mg and I consumed a whopping 5365 mg which is 3365 mg over plan. As I sit here typing I can feel my swollen ankles. The skin feels tight on them.

Now I have to decide what to do today? I am inclined to cut my calories today by the amount that I was over yesterday so that the two day average would be on plan. Sodium could not be done that way by cutting since I was over by 3365 and my plan is 2000 I cannot cut 3365 out??

I would appreciate suggestions from my supportive friends on this thread. What do you suggest that I do to get back on track?

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote