Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-10-2019, 04:10 PM   #196  

good afternoon! 2 miles leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. will go for a power walk and run some errands in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 04:20 PM   #197  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon.

Today is a better day. I did a workout and I DIED but I am slowly trying to switch that mental change.
I am also reading a book called "A Year of Positive Thoughts." For each day of the year, there is anything from a small quote to a paragraph. When I get a chance I will share today's paragraph - it was wonderful!!! Every time I open this book it always seems to be exactly what I need to hear!

Larry: That is wonderful that your doctor says you are healthy on this diet! Has your wife looked into low-carb alternatives, such as cloud bread, spaghetti squash? you can Google "low-carb alternative recipes" and there are lots of delicious, healthy options! I, too, am a carb addict. Best wishes

jendiet: Butternut squash is higher in carb than most vegetables, with 16g carb per cup. I bought it at the grocery store and I love butternut squash so I figured I would give it a try! I like spaghetti squash better.

Diana: I absolutely love your paragraph about "being a slave to our stomachs." That hit home for me. Thanks

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 01-10-2019 at 04:35 PM.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:14 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

So hungry....still no dinner
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:19 PM   #199  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

So 'chicks' I am so mentally trying to work myself up into doing my workout tonight.....I have my workout gear here with me at work and I can change before I leave in 45 min, Tonight will be upper body giving those sore leg muscles another day of rest LOL
Diana your devotion today speaks to so many on so many different levels..but I think I am going to keep the mental picture of my stomach having a tantrum in the forefront of my thoughts just for laughs and giggles. Wonder if I can find an image of that and just put it on my home screen???
Emily would love to read your 'positive thoughts' if you are able to find the time to post them!
ciecie every time you post that you have done Leslie Sansone my inner voice repeats 'walk walk walk' LOL
granny look how far your health and endurance have come since the summer of 2017, I remember you just starting your walking and you could not go far nor fast...congratulations.
Rachael how did you do today????
Jules any word?
Jen what are you waiting for go eat girl! Did you get your car fixed? How about that tracker?? sheesh when it rains it pours, praying that everything works out well
Larry any more good recipes? How do you like working with xthangum?
Weekend, so glad you are at least able to read the post even if you are not able to post as often, I always enjoy finding out what you are up to....and still boating season is a ways away.
Kelijpa, terri000 hugs!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #200  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

nancy - you got this!

Okay so I finally have a moment to share today's "positive thoughts!"
Here it is:
-----
January 10
BELIEVE

be-lieve \ verb
1. Accept (something) as true; feel sure of the truth of.
--
You unconsciously create experiences that match what you believe about yourself and others. So ask yourself these questions often: "What do I believe about myself and my life? Is what I believe truly serving who I want to be in the world?"
Be mindful of what you accept as truth. Because you become what you believe, for better or worse.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:34 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

No word yet, I’ve been pestering though!

I’m sticking on track, it’s been difficult but I know my endurance grows when it’s tested
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:04 PM   #202  

good evening! power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. will do 1 more mile leslie Sansone.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:16 PM   #203  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

nancylmrn Did you make it to the gym?

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner ( Calories)
Salad w/seared tuna & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Leslie Sansone Miracle Miles Set 2 miles w/band, Jessica Smith Belly Buns and Thighs 1 mile walk
I have over 11,000 steps for today.

Have a Blessed evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-10-2019 at 09:19 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:31 PM   #204  

still haven't done that 1 mile leslie Sansone but will do it in a few minutes.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:55 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Nancylmrn The Xanthium Gum sure thickens. I am glad you warned me not to use much. The finished sauce has a slightly different texture than other thickeners.
Have you visited "Diet Doctor" web site? About 600 low carb recipes there. Getting ready to try a hot chocolate with Cacao powder and Stevia liquid. The Cacoa only has one net g carbs and the liquid Stevia is zero carb.

EmilyLarnder My DW stays away from any food that is remotely healthy and she will not eat any squash. Now if I can ever find low carb sugar free M&M Candies that taste good she will be all over that.

Jendiet I looked up the Carb Addict Diet on line and read about it. They say it reduces insulin in the body, I am not sure if it is good for her diabetes as she does not have enough insulin and has to take insulin injections twice a day.

GrannyNancy Yes it would be much easier if my DW was on board. It makes it a little easier to stay on my diet because I do 100% of the cooking in our home.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:38 AM   #206  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

Larry - They do make sugar free candies (maybe not M&Ms, but Hershey bars, Reese's, mints), but they aren't exactly low carb. They might be better for her diabetes though. Good luck
Old 01-11-2019, 06:21 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Yesterday was good; I met my goals! Nancylmrn, thanks for asking! Now to keep on keeping on. I like what Ciecie said "Progress not Perfection."

I love being able to come onto this site to be accountable. And you all UNDERSTAND.

Same goals for today: 1200 calories, include some veggies, 2 liters water, treadmill, sit-ups, and today is weightlifting day
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:25 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Oops, it was Jendiet who said "Progress not Perfection." Sorry for misquoting!!
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:51 AM   #209  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Today is my early day and I didn't get enough sleep. I am thrilled to have maintained, even though I am carrying water weight from the peanuts. Lack of sleep will also cause a gain for me. DH and I really need to work on getting proper sleep. We felt really good when we were away in December and through the first of the year.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In: 188.4
No Change

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 11

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

When I get hungry, I get nervous and anxious. I find that I snap at people and have a very short temper. This is an indication that food is more than just a pleasure; it is an addiction. To kick an addiction requires restraint and peace. Jesus Christ promises blessed peace and rest to all who come to Him. It is important for us to rely on the gentle comfort of God when we face the trials of dieting. God knows what we are going through, and He rejoices when we turn to Him for peace of mind and heart. It is not vital that we understand how this peace can come to us. What is important is that we truly believe God will grant it.

Today's thought: In God, there is peace that is greater than the turmoil caused by our dieting!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:11 AM   #210  

good morning! i'll have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.