Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-15-2019, 11:29 PM   #301  

jendiet, I did have a good visit with dad. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:54 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 135.2 slight drop - 1479 in / 1636 out with 12,630 steps. I was 100 calories over budget on food but made a wise decision with some oatmeal.

Today is planned at 1329. My boss is allowing me to take half days on Wed to go train with law enforcement (K9) so my day is planned, I will take lunch and dinner with me AND - since I have been using the bathroom and getting a starbucks black coffee for the ride home - I looked up the almond biscotti and it is 200 calories - just good info to make the right decision to avoid it.

I am grateful that DH took down the tree last night (yes it has been THAT busy-I got down ALL the outside stuff on the 6th) even though he got the lights tangled and was upset when I insisted we untangle them now and put in the reels--then he got frustrated with me as he washed a load of my clothes for me (grateful) but I was picky about the dryer (I always dry on perm press and listen for the bell and run in and hang up immediately - his idea is they can sit in the dryer dry for awhile). He said he does not care if his t-shirts are wrinkled but I do. Same with stains. IOW grateful that DH wants to be helpful and working on being gracious but ....... I hope it is not too much to not want things like wrinkled stained clothing........

Jendiet - no not much flavor from chia seeds. Mainly a texture thing. The "slime" folks report is soluble fiber like in oatmeal and okra which is very good stuff for you. Yep. I definitely remember reading the cremation of Sam McGee in 6th grade! "there are strange things done in the midnight sun......." Interesting wiki on the truth behind the fiction.
Diana - sounds like some wise choices and also good exercise.
Jules - I am glad you are scheduled now for the surgery and pray that all goes well leading up to it, during, and after.
Emily - your chia concoction sounds similar to my own. I will have to play with the idea of peanut butter. I have none but I do have PB2 powder. The kefir instead of milk makes my yogurt, kefir, chia combo a bit tart but I also add apples......the peanut butter could be a change from typical walnuts. May have to try the overnight soak to see if it makes any difference. I use 1 oz which is close to 2 TBSP.

Last edited by grannynancy; 01-16-2019 at 05:55 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:12 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning!

Alas, it's a new day! I overindulged yesterday.....I got into some bridge mix. And I didn't do my treadmill because I was sore. But, it's okay. I was controlled on the bridge mix.....just went over a bit on my calories. Totaled 1400 calories in.

I'm curious about the chia seeds everyone is talking about. Am wondering where I can get them to try them. Do regular stores carry them......like Walmart?

Plan for the day: 1200 calories, 2 liters water, some veggies, sit-ups & stretching, treadmill & weightlifting today.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:21 AM   #304  

Default Chia seeds

Back on the chia seeds: are they a source of fiber and in what section of a store where they most likely be?
Old 01-16-2019, 06:23 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Rachel - not sure about walmart but imagine so as they are popular....... I know Costco carries them in big bags as does Aldi in smaller bags. Most stores that have bulk bins also carry them.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:42 AM   #306  

rachel1234, if your favorite supermarket has an organic section, check that for the chia seeds. I will work out and have breakfast in a few minutes.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:41 AM   #307  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I still showed a gain from Olive Garden in spite of the good choices. But the gain is less than what it has been in the past. It's water weight so it will pass. DH has shared his creeping crud with me. I just had a major sweat so I'm not sure if I broke a fever or what. But it didn't feel like a hot flash, so I'm thinking fever.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 187.8
Up: .6

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 16

John 12:46
'I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.'

When we feel bad about ourselves, we tend to dwell under a dark cloud of depression. Sometimes we can't think of anything else but how much weight we've gained and how much we would like to lose. The good news is that darkness always is replaced by light. We can get out from under the burden of our weight. We can change for the better. Our Lord is a liberator. He frees us from anything that oppresses us. Obesity is oppressing, and God is ready and willing to free us. No darkness is too great for God to dispel. No matter how dark and dismal our physical condition may be, in the light of Christ, we can trim down.

Today's thought: We always look better in God's light than in our own darkness.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:53 AM   #308  

just finished breakfast. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:23 AM   #309  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI up .6 168.0 body water % 43.9, and I really drank over a gallon of water yesterday. I just don't get it??? Anyway lets see what today brings.
I have all meals planned today just not logged to get the count for calories and carbs. The gain may be from the rice and beans I made in the instant pot and put in low carb tortilla's ( I know the rice and beans are high in carbs) then I covered them in my own enchilada sauce, they were small and total rice and beans for two was 2/3 cup. Lunch was my chicken soup and breakfast celery and cherry tomatoes. No added salt.

Jen thanks for letting me know about the app I will look into that, somewhere I missed the name of it in your posts.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:33 AM   #310  

S/C/G: 215/194/165

Yesterday was my weekly weigh in day and I am down to 186.6. That makes me happy the scale is going down. I had an end of the month goal of 185 so since the month is only half over I am hopeful to hit it.

I have been busy at work and have been a bit lax on recording everything I eat on Myfitnesspal so I need to recommit to that a bit more.

I still haven't added exercising into my routine and just use my fitbit to keep track of my step goal.
Kdmay5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:55 AM   #311  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Granny, I haven't seen them at our aldi, I went searching for shelled peanuts while I was there...awesome on the down again...yes, I figured it was probably fiber slime, which is interesting in itself...that's why I just chug it...I have a pomegranate blueberry chia fruit cup, I will be eating tonight.

ciecie, glad you had a good visit

Jules, hope you are staying warm!

Rachel, before they were popular, I remember chia pets...I figured the slime was from their fiber content....I like bridge mix too.

oh no, Diana, pray it gets out of you both. Love the devotional as my weight is 180.2 still...170s are a tease away and so is major frustration...but body fat went from 36.4 to 35.3...I'm too squishy, time to get muscle again. my legs used to be so strong too...

ok, have been hitting 1500 and no movement on scale, going to plan today...we have hamburger meat, so we are doing nachos again. Going to try to do 1300 today and do OMAD.

some things I am going to tighten up...

need more xylitol...stop using other sweeteners NOT ALLOWED. whip cream, honey except at reward meal...been putting a few tablespoons on my tea because it's low carb and used 1/4 tsp in a tea yesterday.

Do OMAD 2x week faithfully.
2 x7 min workouts per week
2x 30 min cardio per week
set 2 LOUD alarms for 7:00 am
8,000 steps per day faithfully with this new tracker (it died again). I have alternate one on and it's at 5,384 steps already (busy morning).

ok, so today is day 1 OMAD. Haven't done OMAD all week..extremely tough during TOM..
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:54 AM   #312  

good morning again! just got home from power walking and running errands. will get ready to take the bus to a neighboring community to power walk and run errands there.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:08 AM   #313  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Thanks for prayers for DD, they are much appreciated. Stressful times remind me of how many praying friends I have in my life and I am thankful.

Yesterday I felt off all day, I had used a sleep aid for help falling and staying asleep as I wake frequently and don’t get much deep sleep. I woke up feeling groggy and sluggish and it really didn’t go away. I did get a 30 minute workout on the stair stepper and a 4 minute plank. I feel better this morning.

Jen your goals for the week look very reasonable, you can do it! You’re at the most frustrating weight range - for me it seemed breaking 180 permanently was a beast. Stick with it and before you know it you’ll be in the 160s. My body had a set point of 185 and was giving me sass about wanting to stay there. I have other plans... haha.

Plans for today include treadmill, plank, reading to the kids and craft time, tidying and cleaning, laundry, and making dinner before going to church. Hopefully putting it here helps me remember I told someone other than myself to stick with this.

Last edited by JulesMarion; 01-16-2019 at 11:10 AM.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:11 PM   #314  

Default Chia seeds!

I found the chia seeds at Walmart! I followed the instructions of mixing them with water to get to a pasty consistency, then mixed them up with a very low-fat ice cream type product. It was delicious. Wow, I adore the slimy, chewy texture. Very satisfying to me.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:26 PM   #315  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hey all. Thank you all so much for your kind words about our engagement! We are very very happy.

I will post later, but I want to announce that my best friend's brother, Chris, died unexpectedly, possibly due to an asthma attack. He was 28 years old..... He and his girlfriend just had a baby too, last month...
If you would be so kind, donate to them if you can. Their family is so close to my heart. Thank you.
https://www.gofundme.com/cv3zux-in-loving-memory
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote