Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 03:53 AM   #91  

Default September 2018

Hi!

Kelipa: I got a dip cone at a McDonald's in Ohio. It was so good. I wish they had them in PA. But maybe they don't compete with DQ.

Diet: not so good. I do not want to enumerate.

Exercise: I filled a basket with weeds this am and took it up the hill. Tonight, I filled another basket of weeds. I swam 48 laps at a Y I visited. (It is 60 laps at my pool.) I did some knee exercises. I do knee exercises while I am microwaving or using mouth wash, etc. I just try to squeeze them in...while I am doing something else.

GranNan: I know some people who have Jacuzzi's who used them for a couple of years and then lost interest...I think in part because of the maintenance. Others use them continuously like maybe because it helps their aching body...or whatever. I like the social element of working out at a gym. I work out at an old Y because it is only 4-5 miles from my home. The Y with the better facilities is 9 miles away...but in the winter...it is enough to get down a big hill to the old Y. Also, I think the membership is almost double the price. ooh. I think when you have Medicare you can get a Y membership cheaper...but then you can only attend one Y. I don't like that. Sometimes, I try to save gas money by attending the gym every other day and then walking at home. But I think I get a better workout at the Y. I think I need to get another exercise bike for the house. S Oh, some relatives of mine live in an area that has an indoor community pool that includes a lazy river. Wow! I know this kid who is attending a college down south that has an indoor water park. Wow!
Old 09-07-2018, 05:28 AM   #92  

good morning! i'll have breakfast and work out in a few minutes,
Old 09-07-2018, 07:28 AM   #93  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Today is my early day.

Last night: Standing stretch, exercises from the Dr. and 2 planks
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 187.4
No Change

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 7

Psalm 34:17
The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

Pat lay crying in bed. It was so hard. It seemed that for every three pounds she lost, she immediately gained two back. She really wanted to lose weight, but she felt so weak in the face of temptation. Wasn't there anything that could help her? Pat fell asleep that night with a prayer on her lips. Strangely, she felt a wonderful peace the next morning. The battle was truly tough, but she was once more ready to face it. God didn't take away the struggle, but He was able to give Pat just what she needed to carry on. That is the wonder of our God.

Today's thought: I'll keep fighting fat until I'm fit!
Old 09-07-2018, 09:51 AM   #94  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Another fly by
WI down 169.4 so the weekend is almost gone
Food planned and hopefully another night at the gym.....last nigh I could tell I had slacked off for a week sheesh.....the weights seemed so heavy

back for shout outs later today
Old 09-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Keli, I lived in camp in summers in the Catskills at Camp OhNehTah when I was a girl for at least 6 years. I long to see those mountains. Have a wonderful time

Terri, I eat junk food on my diet, I found a way to do that and stick my calorie goals. I enjoy a dipped cone too.

Nancy, glad weight is coming down. Interesting you feel the difference already.

Diana, as one who cried myself to sleep, that verse was very comforting.

ciecie. Wow. You probably need those bananas with all that walking...especially for your calves.

well back up to 190.2. But TOM hit. The cramps have changed because (I know this sounds wierd) but I have been NUMB along my scar since my c-section with ds1 and I believe it's because my fat cells were holding the anesthesia still, but as I lose weight around my midsection I feel my scar area...so I feel a widespread ache across my scar area today...it woke,me up...

still want chocolate. Still blue. I need energy to take care of my quadraplegic client and shower him. So prayers would be appreciated.

one good thing is I'm hoping that the highest weight of 191 this week means that this TOM marks the end of the 190s. I haven't made it past 189 and actually believed I could keep going.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:38 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 152.8 back to my lowest

Yesterday : 1144 calories and 18,971 steps [slightly below target for calories and above for steps]
Today planned: 1179 calories and currently at 14,461 steps

Had 6 month check up with doctor. All good from her perspective - my HDL was excellent at 71 and VLDL good at 13, but Total Cholesterol was 229. She was not concerned and agrees with the findings that during the weight loss phase mobilization of fat stores causes a transient increase in circulating cholesterol in the blood. My triglycerides were 66. The various ratios are good.

Blood Pressure - I asked why it has not really dropped and she says the body can take 2-3 years after major weight loss but that it will probably drop later. As is I am taking a fairly low dose medicine.

Everything else was perfect -

EDIT - the doctor thinks a target of 140 is good for me.

Jendiet - will pray for you. I imagine caring for a quadriplegic is challenging. Hope you get to feeling less blue and that the TOM changes see you solidly in the 180s

Nancy - nice to see the weight dropping back!

Teri - LOL have not had ice cream in over a year and really (honestly) don't miss it. My fav is now Ricotta cheese and fruit with some nuts. It is sooooo good. I do remember Dilly Bars and Blizzards.

Ciece - wow great price for bananas. We have a new chain here called Sprouts and they seem to have a lot of good deals.

Kelijpa - Hope you get a good hike in today.. I know posting is iffy with 1 bar! Surprised you even got on.

Diana - Have a great weekend!

Last edited by grannynancy; 09-07-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:39 PM   #97  
Warrior Princess

I never check in enough and I get too far behind for personals. I'll have to work on that.

Anyway, I have been eating really good and last night was Jillian. Not sure yet if I'm doing Jillian again tonight or going to the gym. That remains to be determined.

Husband yesterday was trying to get me to go for pizza and I was super annoyed because he kept saying going for a slice or two won't kill you. I have only 2 month to lose weight so every meal counts right now. He has never needed to lose weight so he is clueless.

Last edited by novangel; 09-07-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:45 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Granny, that is great news!!

Nov, good job sticking to plan. Glad you could ward off your husband.

I'm hoping it cools off, but now SC may be in the line of yucky weather. We live far inland and on a big hill...but it will likely bring a lot of rain...was going to try walking with boys again once it cooled a bit.

I might try going to the community center tomotrow to check out weights and see if I want to pay $15/MO for their fitress center. It's close by. They also said my 4 year old can stay by my side in the weight room ..or play xbox in the room next door.

The ymca might just be a little expensive and far.

I was going to mow but I think my friends son is going to do it tomorrow

**1482 calories, had dinner at hibachi with boys and only breakfast with xylitol coffee eggs and 2 pcs bacon**

Last edited by jendiet; 09-07-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:17 PM   #99  

good evening! 2 miles leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. power walked and ran errands on my way to supper tonight. power walked home. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:56 PM   #100  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/smoked chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
had a busy day, no workout
Old 09-08-2018, 08:02 AM   #101  

good morning! i'll have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:06 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. 152.6 New Low -

Yesterday I planned for 1179 calories and ate 1270. I planned for 16,000 steps and walked 16,627
Today I am planning for 1197 calories and have already walked 14,191 steps

Today will be a Costco trip. I hope to be in North Central NC week after next for a conference and have to lay in some supplies but also laying in for the hurricane. Not so optimistic the conference will actually happen since I am supposed to drive to Winston Salem on Sunday. We are well inland and on high but remember Hugo and Floyd so will replenish some foods and bottled water and batteries. Diana - How are YOU doing?
Old 09-08-2018, 10:31 AM   #103  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning to all
WI the same 169.4 but at least no gain. I did not make it to the gym last night and today DH has an event he wants to go to so I will be with him, the drive time is about 1.5 hours each way. But I am hoping to do some shopping at the outlet mall
Granny Congrats on the new low and perfect check up
Jen do you have a planet fitness near you? that is $10.00 a month for the basic membership
novangel I have to clap your way for sticking with Jillian she is much to much for me
Diana how are you doing with the physical therapy exercises?

Hugs teri000, ciecie, and all that I missed
Old 09-08-2018, 10:41 AM   #104  

Default September 2018

Hi!

GranNan: No ice cream for over a year. IMPRESSIVE! And in this global warming...I think we have had 15-20 days over 90 degree F. And usually it's 3-5 days. Oh! Every once in a while, I hear about someone who has done without sugar for a year. I don't know what my mind would be doing. I had oat cereal and almond milk this am. Not satisfying. But I just cut into a watermelon. Very tasty and cold. Yum.

Jen: Some Y's give discounts to certain people. When I was 6, a Y membership was only $6 and that included swim lessons. And now they give free memberships to 7th graders.

Nov: Good that you could resist pizza with spouse. That is a tough offer to resist. I love pizza, but it has way too much salt and fat.

DIET: Okay except for a frappe last evening. I don't think it is good how much pleasure I get from a frappe...Sad...I wish I did not look forward with such eagerness to eat out. I wish I was one of those people who forgets to eat.

EXERCISE: I was late for the pool, so I only got in 35 minutes and maybe 30 lazy laps. I did some knee exercises. I worked on the stability ball and did 200 situps and 100 pushups. I filled two baskets with weeds.

OTHER: I am working on my stuff in the den. I have only made a dent in the problem. I start working on the problem and I fall asleep.

TODO: It is raining, so no weeding today. So I think I will continue to sort mess in den and go to the Y. I have been looking up hikes/trails on the net. I have a lot of plants to put in the ground when the rain stops.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #105  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

We always keep a stock of food and supplies since we live on the coast. But, I don't think you can ever have too much, when it comes to that. We went though Hugo and I don't want to go through that again. I might buy a few extra things today at the store. We have a whole house generator. Hopefully it works if we need it to. It comes on and tests itself on a schedule.

I am doing much better than I was with the lower back/hip situation. I am going to the chiro twice a week. I am continuing with all the exercises he wants me to do. I have also started incorporating planks for the core/ab work. Most of my previous ab/core stuff was standing and it had some twists in it. I have learned that the twists can be bad for the back. I have also done some reading and found some people who cured their back issues with planks because they strengthen the whole core area. But there is a fine line with the planks because I have also read that people messed up their shoulders from doing too many. It's always something, right?

Last night: Standing stretch, exercises from the Dr. and 2 planks
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 187
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 8

Luke 12:29
'And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.'

Clyde was so infuriating! Every time his wife suggested that he go on a diet, he came up with some excuse. Most of the time he just said that diets weren't healthy. He was afraid he would do more harm than good. Clyde knew it was just a dodge. He didn't want to lose weight, and he saw no reason why anyone should want to push him. That all changed when he landed in the hospital with a heart attack brought on because his body simply couldn't carry the weight Clyde contained. Clyde no longer questioned what was right. Instead of doubting the intelligence of dieting, he wondered why he ever been so stupid as to resist it. Sometimes God needs to let us know through crisis what we will not hear normally.

Today's thought: If it's a choice between dieting or dying, I think I'll diet!

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-08-2018 at 10:53 AM.
Closed Thread