Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 07:41 AM   #76  

good morning! no humidity today! temps are only going to be in the mid 70's! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:48 AM   #77  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Standing stretch, exercises from the Dr. and 2 planks
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weight In: 187.4
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 6

Job 22:27
Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he shall hear thee, and thou shalt pay thy vows.

Gary took time every morning to pray about his diet. Some days he awoke frustrated that he wasn't losing weight. Other days he awoke with cravings, afraid he wouldn't be able to withstand temptation. Still other mornings he just wanted to thank God that he'd come so far. God helped make the diet bearable. Every time Gary found himself feeling ready to give up, a quick prayer to God gave him the willpower to go on. The power of God is a wonderful thing. We cannot comprehend how much God does for us when we call upon His name. Rest assured that God is with you in all you do. . .even your diet.

Today's thought: The more time you pray, the less you can weigh!
Old 09-06-2018, 08:04 AM   #78  

Default September 2018

Hi!

Welcome Chickenado!

GranNan: Is an Endless Pool a small pool where you swim in place in front of jets? I would try one out before you purchase one...like wear a swimsuit under your clothes and ask if you can try the demo. The rehab pool at the Y I occasionally visit has jets. I have been in the pool a couple of times when the jets are on. I think it is good for kicking with a flutter board and breast stroke. I am not so sure about freestyle and back stroke. I will have to try it sometime and get back to you. Some jets are placed closer to the surface and you get more of a splash. I like the jets when you have aching joints.

Diana: I like taking fruit/veggies to potlucks. I no longer take dip. Sometimes, I get complaints about it! But I don't want to take it home... A lot of fruits and veggies are real quick to prepare. Sometimes when I take goodies, they don't get eaten and I am stuck with it. I have a big circular container for the fruit/veggies that I picked up at a garage sale. It works really well. You can always add other stuff like nuts, cheese, pretzels, chocolate, dried fruit, breads, etc.

DIET: I am still off the beaten path...bagel, ice cream cone, and dilly bar. I am doing a lot of sorting. I have to get rid of stuff. It is really emotional for me. I don't want to get rid of anything.

EXERCISE: I walked 30 min. in the am, did some knee exercises, and did 50 laps swimming in the afternoon. I did a little weeding. I took 4 containers of weeds up the hill. I am so far behind in gardening. There is a bunch of stuff on the hill that has gone to seeds. ooh. We're supposed to get cool weather tomorrow. Maybe I can start putting plants in the ground.

OTHER: Besides sorting boxes, I also cleaned up part of the fridge and part of the car. I found the car wax. I need to wash/wax car and get it undercoated this month.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:32 AM   #79  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all, quick fly by for accountability
WI down 170.4 down 1.4 so finally weekend is going away
WO hope to get to gym tonight
Meals planned, breakfast my egg muffin, lunch kale salad, dinner taco thur no meat

hugs all around

Last edited by nancylmrn; 09-06-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:33 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good morning 153.6 welcome bump down. I was not really expecting it - not at low though.

It was frustrating yesterday - a young teammate was texting a lot and I said that 430 comes early so to please slow down but she kept on going and i read her the riot act last night when she woke me up twice after 10pm. She apologized this morning and said she would not do it again. It messed up my sleep and I got out the door late and had to put in mile 6 after work started so I am icky and still in my shorts. I explained because we use texts to notify us of search calls, I can't just turn off the phone and actually have the text notification loud enough to waken me.

Yesterday was planned for 1064 calories but I ate 1199. Today is planned for 1170 and I hope to stay with that number
Yesterday was 17,545 steps and I am currently at 13,451 so should meet my goal.

Nancy - you have me started I am going to work on a checklist to day and put a decent tape measure on my shopping list. I am measuring with a metal carpenters tape. LOL. Just need to adapt those exercises relative to abs for the pelvic floor. Glad the gain is coming off.

Teri - it is less like a spa and more like a current but your idea of trying one makes sense. I would actually like to work with someone on my stroke as well as my breathing and this idea is a way off. Purging is a good thing. Do it once and don't buy that nasty stuff. You are NOT a garbage can! There. Just do it! It is either going down the drain in your bathroom or to the landfill anyway.

Ciece - wish I had your temps. Today started in the mid 70s and it is already quite warm.

Jendiet - hope you can conquer your chocolate cravings. It is a powerful draw.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:34 AM   #81  

just got back from power walking and running an errand.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:21 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

My step goal has been met for the day though I still plan on moving every 30 minutes
Old 09-06-2018, 01:41 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Nancy, that is a great baseline test!

ciecie, yay for being able to do work from home

granny, wow. Yay for the bump down. I like the idea of the pool that you just swim in place...im sorry about the coworker drama.

Diana, how are you today?

Terri, you really are amazing. What the heck is a dilly bar?

well bump back down to 190.0. Strange after high calorie day but like I said I was super busy. Ds 3 growing pains kept me up...if he wasn't crying from the pain as i was massaging and praying for him...he was laying fitfully next to me and literally kicking me in the head every 2 hours.

so...today is a drag type day...nothing but coffee still but feeling need for protein now...

Today is ds1 20th birthday. He's had a rough day. Work let him go. Didn't really talk about it. Love it when employers stick it to you on your birthday. I got written up for French kissing my ex at the picnic table during lunch break on one of my birthdays....jealous biddies.

anyways, chocolate is not as appetizing as sleep right now..

Last edited by jendiet; 09-06-2018 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:06 PM   #84  

Default Dilly Bar

Hi Jen!

A Dilly Bar is probably the cheapest and smallest ice cream item you can get at Dairy Queen. It is a circular piece of ice cream on a stick dipped in chocolate or butterscotch or cherry wax like substance that hardens...kind of like a dip cone or a Klondike bar, Eskimo bar, etc. Mostly the ice cream is vanilla, but I have had chocolate in the past. I remember getting them when I was of preschool age. They must have been around at least 50 or 60 years. When I go to these types of venues, I usually try to opt for the smallest item available.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:25 PM   #85  

grannynancy, hope you had no co-worker drama today. will be going for a power walk and run an errand in a few minutes.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:58 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

1200 calories for the day and I'm having a stressful night. Very blue. I have to work for coworker tomorrow
Old 09-06-2018, 08:14 PM   #87  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hey all,

We are camping in NY state. I have one bar, so was able to read and catch up. Not getting a lot of steps in, but hoping to get a longer hike in tomorrow. Not doing too bad with food.

Diana great idea for the church function, glad it worked out.

GrannyNancy congrats on hitting that new low. Great job working your plan!

Ciecie I had to buy special mouthwash for my friend after her surgery, she had to sleep flat on her back and her mouth would flop open (her words ) so she used a special mouthwash for dry mouth. Keep rocking those power walks!

JenDiet sorry to hear your DS was let go from his job, that stinks.

Nancy Thanks for the baseline measuring ideas. It’s good to have something other than the scale to focus on.

Teri I loved the dilly bar, we have no DQ nearby, I am a sucker for that waxy dip top stuff. I usually get at least one dip top cone a season but didn’t this year.

Novangel hope the tummy is better.

to everyone I missed

Hope everyone has a great night and wonderful weekend.

Last edited by kelijpa; 09-06-2018 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:36 PM   #88  

went for a power walk after supper tonight. also ran an errand at the same time. took my pop bottles and cans to the store to be recycled. got some groceries while I was there. bananas are on sale for $.29 a pound with a coupon from the store's circular. also got some bread while I was there.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:17 PM   #89  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Kelijpa Have fun!

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled salmon salad w/BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
30 minute outdoor walk
Old 09-06-2018, 10:45 PM   #90  

will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Closed Thread