Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 08:50 PM   #166  

diana, I heard that Florence was downgraded from a category 4 to a category 2. took advantage of the weather and went for several power walks today. ran errands on just about all of them. my fitness goals for today have been attained. my clothes smelled so nice when I took them down from the clothesline.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:01 PM   #167  

Diana still thinking of you! Hope you do not get too much rain

GrannyNancy Thank you for the kind response! Sometimes the original way of doing things is not healthy. I just have to get back on track. I have done it countless times. And I will do it again. I know I will never get overweight again. Just need to reel in that carb consumption.

I am not able to type much. Because the L on my laptop barely works. I have to fight it to get it to work. So I rarely use my laptop. Having said that, I would like to log in my calories here again. But I will not be a good community participant. Read, yes. personals would be woefully sparce. I hope that's okay.
Today,
coffee 150
Bambas 480
peaches 200
Salad 250
Chicken and vegetables 350
total calories 1430
NO CHOCOLATE
I hope you all have a great and safe weekend.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:08 PM   #168  

good night all! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:27 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Diana, so far it looks stalled out well to the North, they are showing it going to the left and upswingING close to me ..but ciecie could run circles around its speed

nancy, so proud of you for cobtaining the effort despite an injury

flower, hiya. I agree that you know what to do. You are a veteran at this.

ciecie, I love stories from the older generations. Congratulations!!

Granny congrats on the new low again!!! I pray there are no dangerous searches ahead of this storm

ok...so yesterday WI was 188.0 then today 188.4...a little bummed I'm not hitting lower numbers but progress is progress.

feeling a little better.

a guy came by when I lost our dogs...and he offered to help...he was cutting grass looking for new clients...so he told me the first cut is always free...which was a God send because I just kept trying to work up to it...but no dice.

wind is picking up a lot right now. .

I was so depressed on my b day when I lost our dogs...but we found both. .

momma came running out of the woods across from the main road by our house...but I couldn't find Fiona ..I was hollering so much for her, I was hoarse the next day....

I just want to Praise God. He led me straight to our dog 2x....the first time I thought I heard her but someone said she was out front....so I left my car and ran to the front...

Here's what happened after...

We found her Thank You Jesus she was on the top floor of an apartment complex across the road in the back....I had parked my car in the back looking and thought I heard her bark then a lady told me she saw a dog out front so I left the car and ran down all the way out front screaming her name....but could not find her so ran all the way back up the hills and to my car in the back where I thought I heard her and I left...I had to take a break...

So I went back home and fed my youngest and then we picked up my other child and I told them we are going back to this apartment complex because I thought I heard her....

So I saw guys sitting in a golf cart and I asked them if they saw a dog...they said they had a complaint earlier and I asked if they called on her they said no. .but that was her when they saw my pic of her ..

My heart sank. ...we were so close...so I was about to leave...when my youngest said "what the heck, there's Fiona up there" and I thought. What...but then Thomas said "mom, there's Fiona"...so I squinted and looked up and there was her face between the bars...I had to go all the way up and carry her down 3 flights because she didn't want to come down...of course those guys just stared at me

But I just want to say I was devastated and complaining and stressed and I kept crying to God because when I was younger this happened to me with 2 other dogs and the outcome was terrible...I just missed the one getting hit by a car and we never got our other dog back....my heart was so broken and I cried a lot ....

But God ignored my rebellious unbelieving heart...and just continued to lead and guide me....

He had actually led me to the same spot TWICE. The first time I couldn't see her....the second time my youngest saw her...
Old 09-15-2018, 07:52 AM   #170  

good morning! hung up the second load of wash I did yesterday outside to dry. have a load in the washing machine now. that will get hung up outside to dry today, too. will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:38 AM   #171  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

According to the weather reports, we are suppose to get a lot of rain and some wind today.

Flower You can participate how it works best for you. Everyone is welcome.

Jen I am so glad you found your dogs. That must have been very stressful.

Last night: Standing stretch, exercises from the Dr. and 2 planks
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 188.2
Up: 1.2 pounds

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 15

2 Peter 2:9
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished.

Woody had a weird dream. His hands and arms got so flabby that he couldn't reach out and pick anything up anymore. Before him stood a long table filled with marvelous things to eat, but he was unable to take anything. He woke up sweat-soaked and shuddering. It had seemed so real! He caught a glimpse of himself in the dresser mirror as he sat alone in the night. He was getting awfully plump. Maybe somebody was trying to tell him something. He was no fool. They say that God moves in mysterious ways, and maybe that was true. No reason to push the old luck. Tomorrow the diet begins!

Today's thought: I remember when my eyes could be bigger than my stomach!
Old 09-15-2018, 10:20 AM   #172  

good morning! just got back from power walking and running errands. will power walk and run an errand on my way to lunch today.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:48 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 150.6 New Low

Yesterday: 18,272 Steps and 1132 calories
Today: Already have 18,409 steps and plan is 1128 calories

Got in all my steps before the weather moves in. Breakfast was too much! It was 631 calories of banana-oat pancakes topped with blueberries and yogurt as well as two slices of bacon. Ok the bacon was overkill but the rest allowed. Now I want a map. our walk was 8 miles (we get up at 4) then I harvested dog poop and also vegetables all before the wind and rain.

Flower. As far as I am concerned minimal daily logging is great. I think the daily accountability part really keeps me in line
Diana - I have been doing acupuncture off and on for over a year and it really does seem to help. The key is to find a good one.
Jen - glad you found your dogs!
Ciece - we used to use a clothesline - When my kids were little all their diapers went out - actually ALL our clothes did. Clothes do smell so fresh coming in off the line - Especially sheets!
Old 09-15-2018, 11:01 AM   #174  

grannynancy, have to agree with you about the clothes smelling so much better when they are dried on the line. so do area rugs! I have the three small area rugs that I washed yesterday on the line drying.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:40 PM   #175  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

We have been very blessed with the storm. We have only had some light wind and rain, and no damage.

Total Approx 1525 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (850 calories)
grilled steak 400 calories
roasted carrots 200 calories
spinach 100 calories
yasso frozen yogurt 150 calories

Exercise
45 minutes treadmill
Old 09-15-2018, 10:50 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

HI all.

Back up to 188.6 today.

Got a new tracker still evaluating it's accuracy but I like it's design somewhat...(it has interchangeable bands)

Baked fried fish tonight...I sure did feel the lack of carbs today..

Power went out at 1845 pm...still out 2247.

Not bad here though...rain and some wind ..wonder what knocked power out...will check in tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:46 PM   #177  

good night all! power walked to church tonight. a friend from church asked if I was going to the Chautauqua harbor house for supper tonight. I said yes so she offered me a ride since she was going there, too. joyce gave me a ride home, too. she also lives around the corner from me. : watched a family affair on tcm on demand. that movie was the start of the andy hardy movies and was the only one in which lionel Barrymore played judge hardy. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:25 AM   #178  

Default September 2018

Hi!
Welcome back Flower123. Hope you have lots of success here.
Nancy, are you taking your dogs to North Carolina? Is this a working vacation?
Jen, I am happy you found your dogs. When I have cats...I am always doing head counts. I think some of them should have been named Hairy Houdini. When I was a teenager, my cat ripped out the screen and was gone a week. We later went on vacation for a couple of weeks. I was so shocked to come home to a fat, very pregnant cat. I had no idea...My mom had not told me. Anyway, I am thinking about what it is like to not get your pet back.

DIET: I am eating too many sweets and not enough fruits and veggies. BUT, I did clean out the old fruits and veggies in the fridge. I need to go shopping.
EXERCISE: I have been avoiding the Y because of my skin rash. I did no cardio yesterday, but the did the stability ball and knee exercises. Today, I hiked for 30 minutes and did some knee exercises. I also did some pruning in the yard and I potted some plants.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:50 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 155/153/138

Height: 5' 3"

Default Hi there

I'd like to say hi and join your thread...
B: whole grain cream of wheat with peaches made with unsweetened soy milk, 2c tea
L: 4 store bought meatballs, 1/2 c pastina, sugar snap peas
S: a cup of Mead, a Frozen sangria, iced coffee with sweetener (I was at a festival)
D: one slice pizza
Exercise: shred class, walk
Old 09-16-2018, 07:23 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 150.6 No change - Very happy because I am building up again to go to the bathroom. I don't know what it is but I only go every few days - maybe I am just that efficient at digesting my food anymore.

Yesterday 1216 calories and 20,866 steps (9.7 miles)
Today planned 1121 calories and not sure about the steps. Will shoot for 16,000 during rain breaks throughout the day

Breakfast - yogurt, pear, walnuts, potato
Lunch - refried beans, peppers, onions, salsa, and home grown watermelon
Dinner - London Broil and cabbage with barbecue sauce and corn on the cob

So Florence is sort of here now but where we are probably only an inch or to total. According to CoCoRaHS, about 0.7" on this morning's measure. So not much with 1-2" expected today. Columbia (where younger daughter lives) about 2.5" so not so bad but wind, saturated soils, and trees.......still a rough mix.

The seminar was cancelled in Winston-Salem so keeping the week of PTO, doing dog training around here, household cleaning and paperwork and checking in at work once a day because we "do that" when on PTO. Most of us do it when we can. Gregg and I are going to take the kayaks out one day and kayak on Lake Adger in the NC mountains near Columbus NC. Probably Thursday.

Daisy Mae -
Teri - Hope your rash gets better. That must be tough since you swim so much.
Ciece - sounds like a good evening. So no car? Wow. I did not have one for several years but was young and rode my bike everywhere.
Jendiet - So what kind of tracker did you get? They do motivate you.
Diana - Glad you were pretty unscathed by Florence. I know that eastern NC go slammed so badly and we won't even know the outcome of the floods until Tuesday / Wednesday.

Last edited by grannynancy; 09-16-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Closed Thread