Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 07:18 AM   #16  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I haven't slept well the last two nights. So frustrating because it's the weekend and I can sleep later than normal. The melatonin isn't even a help.

Last night: Standing stretch, exercises from the Dr. and planks
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1700 +
Weigh In: 188
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 2

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea,I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Ben was afraid to even try a diet. He never had much luck with things that required a lot of willpower on his part. He caved in much too easily. If only someone else would make his decisions for him. He had never been overweight when he lived at home and had his mother around to tell him what to eat and what not to eat. Ben would be the first one to admit that he had no self-control. Unfortunately, we all have to learn to discipline ourselves. God doesn't tell us what to do. He gives us complete freedom, but He will help us have the strength to make right decisions if we ask Him to. Include God, and He will make some wonderful things happen.

Today's thought: True power is the ability to say no!
Old 09-02-2018, 08:01 AM   #17  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
143.5 this morning

Diana sorry you didn't get to sleep well and sleep in when you have the chance.

Yesterday went well, not the best but not the worse. Working on the mindset.

Enjoy your Sunday
Old 09-02-2018, 08:29 AM   #18  

Default Gob-smacked!

Hi Everyone,

It's September, but it is pretty warm here.

It is amazing to have so many people with great weight loss success here. I used to have a lot more success than I do now. I hope I can get out of this slump I am in.

DIET: I am feeling the result of eating pumpkin gobs two days ago. Ooh. I had an ice cream cone and a dilly bar yesterday. I fixed up a couple of fruit and veggie trays yesterday. Having the right food at my fingertips helps. I finished off the last of my peaches. They were really good.
EXERCISE: No cardio. I did a little weeding until the sun came out and it was too hot to work. I did some knee exercises.
OTHER: I sorted a box of papers.
220/210.3/211.6/210
Old 09-02-2018, 08:54 AM   #19  

good morning! will have breakfast and go for a power walk in a few minutes.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:10 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

Ciecie- Hello!! It looks like you are doing well, keeping up all your crazy step counts!!

Diana- I hope that you are able to sleep better, that is so frustrating. Congrats on your weigh in!!

Nancy- You have made some great progress with your measurements... have you been taking pictures to compare? I hope you are having a great time at the coast!

Grannynancy-
If I remember correctly, you may have mentioned skin removal surgery in the future? If that was someone else, I apologize!! I am thinking about that once I get to goal and I am sure that our family is complete. My batwings bother me the most, the surgery to remove skin seems to leave really long scars from what I have seen, but maybe things have changed with the way medical advances go. I think I would like to have a lower body lift. I have a bunch of cellulite on my legs that bother me, and my bum is a bit flat these days (used to have very nice butt). If I pull the skin/fat up it fixes both of those issues lol. I also would like a breast augmentation and a tummy tuck. Since I cant have everything on my list due to money I think I would do the lower body lift for sure and then either the arm procedure or breast augmentation. My lower pooch bothers me, but I would rather end up having nice legs that I can show off. I bet you see a nice new low after you increased your calories a bit last night!

teri- I am sorry that you are stressed out and lack the support of your loved ones. Emotional eating is something I am struggling with right now as well. One thing that 100% works for me is laying off the sweets/simple carbs for 3-4 days. If I can white knuckle it than the cravings disappear like magic! You might want to give it a try?

kelijpa- I love how diligent you are being with your maintenance zone! I hope that you have a great day today!

jen- I hope you are doing well!!! My son was born on 1-10-14 so it looks like we only share the 1 bday! When is yours? Mine is 6-10-84. How did conquering the hills go?

A big hello to everyone that I missed!

We did our back to school shopping yesterday and spent WAY too much money. I also ate fast food on the way to the mall and then we went to the Olive Garden and I ate all my food plus desert. I know what I have to do, now I just have to do it. I did get my fitbit updated so I am hoping that it works! Even with all the shopping I still only walked a little over 4000 steps. I think I might hop on the treadmill today since it is supposed to rain all day. I am on track to get all my water in today and I plan on keeping my calories below 1500 today. I want to get as close to 155 as possible, but will run it past my doctor since technically I would be losing weight if I did that. I was 155 not that long ago, so I have a feeling she will say its okay as long as I do it without slashing my calories and make sure my macros are good.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:05 PM   #21  

S/C/G: SW:245 CW:ticker GW:145

Height: 5'

Hi everyone! I used this site years ago and I’m back because I could use the support. Highest weight was 245, lowest weight was 167, and now here I am at 196. I can’t believe I’ve let my weight get back to this number.

Last edited by Curvycurly; 09-02-2018 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Kfunk - yes it was me on the skin. I think I could take off in a stiff wind with my bat wings. I do think it makes sense getting fat as low as possible and muscles as toned as possible before making a decision (I gather maybe a year after getting close to goal) but I don't have a lot of optimism the skin will bounce back. Not at my age and with how long I have been greater than 100lbs overweight.

Curvycurly - welcome back to the forum - and to this group. You know. It happens and you can only go forward in time! Daily accountability really seems to help.

EDIT as of 12pm today I was at 14,728 steps and will meet my goal of 16,000 easily by the end of the day.

Last edited by grannynancy; 09-02-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:54 PM   #23  
Trying to live below 200

Curvycurly HI and welcome to the check-in.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:23 PM   #24  
Warrior Princess

Welcome September! Almost Fall.

Okay, new month. No more excessive caffeine, no more antidepressants, adding A LOT more water to my diet. Lots of Jillian but going to start adding jogging back in just to switch things up. I'm really frustrated with my weight right now so I'm seriously hoping that now that I'm off Zoloft that I can finally get somewhere soon. I can't go to Barbados like this.

Anyway, here's to hoping for a productive month. 🥂

Last edited by novangel; 09-02-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:11 PM   #25  

good evening! had a busy day today! will go for another power walk in a few minutes. harry potter marathon on syfy channel this weekend!
Old 09-02-2018, 08:41 PM   #26  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Welcome back, everyone!

Total Approx 1240 Calories +

Breakfast (200 calories + )
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Fage 0% 90 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (480 calories)
Strawberry salad w/chicken & BHF's ranch 400 calories
fruit cup 80 calories

Later (560 calories)
vegetable omelette w/
2 eggs 140 calories
vegetables 125 calories
cheese 50 calories
English muffin w/jam 170 calories
melon chunks 75 calories

Exercise
30 minute walk
Old 09-02-2018, 09:10 PM   #27  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening to all
Well the coast was very relaxing the only hicup was the room we rented......checked in Saturday night and you could tell someone with strong perfume had been in there. Then the a/c barely worked so we opened the windows to cool the room and air it out. The knob on the unit was broken. We did not say anything about that since it really was not too hot. BUT the next morning we got up and DH went to shower and the knob just fell off! So we quickly dressed and went to the front desk, I asked for a discount since we had to leave with no shower and she told us (after we showed both the a/c and shower handle to her) we would have to talk to her manager who was due in about 20 min. We waited when she got there both the front desk gal and manager went to room and looked at then the manager tells me that someone had to have used to much force to turn it on and her maintenance guy would determine how it broke and until then she would do nothing, and implied we might be charged a deposit to fix it!!!! and please call back at noon.....called back at noon and 'maintenance' guy was not there yet please call back in an hour....called at 1:30 no answer twice, curious...called back at 2:30 again no answer, called back at 2:45 using DH phone, no answer....called and waited forever to talk to live person with hotel chain and voiced my complaint in a nice way....long long story they called hotel and got front desk person who knew nothing about it and manager had left for the day. So now I have an open claim and suppose to be contacted this week by the GM we will see.

Ok besides that I did not eat very well...nacho's and beer last night, then 1/2 club sandwich today with a light beer so am sure there will be an up swing in the am.

Oh general question to any out there that know the why behind this phenomenon, I notice when we eat out at times (more often than not- mid priced restaurants avg plate $12-$15), seating wise 100 or so, do the waitstaff refuse to look at you when they walk by your table? especially breakfasts and you would like a refill or something is not right with the meal? Today I witnessed at breakfast --please wait to be seated place. People (including us when we got there) they would not even be acknowledged while waiting, almost 10 min went by for one party of 4 before 1 gal said she be there in a moment. And I never could get a second cup of coffee....it was busy but not overly so and there looked to be enough staff vs patrons. We like to tip well for good service and by that I mean refill our water/coffee/ whatever we are drinking and ask once the food has arrived if we would like anything else. But when all you do is hand me a menu take my order and we never see you again?? Food is brought by kitchen staff and we have to go up to register to pay bill you don't bring to table after being finished, plates pushed away and we watch you walk past us (I counted) 8 times???? rant over

Diana great job on the loss
ciecie you just keep on moving girl
curvycurly great to meet you you
novangel, darn girl Barbados, I want to go
kfunk, no I did not take before pictures now I wish I had, and I so glad that your back to school shopping is done but this time of year the deals are killer!
teri000 and kelijpa hello missed you guys
granny how are you doing??? Thank you for the shout out about the measurements
Jen you ok? weekends are sooo busy

Last edited by nancylmrn; 09-02-2018 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:10 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Nancy, dang, sorry some things didn't go well on your vacation . Great job on the measurements...I noticed my calves and biceps growing in circumference too

Diana, a year huh? That is a long time. I hope you get good restorative sleep

ciecie, just keep going. You are greatly inspiring.

Nov, I hear you. Can't wait until temperatures drop...still in the 90s.

kfunk...nope my b day is 9-11-79. I am glad you got all shopping done. I think your goal is realistic. I still didn't get the hills. 3 days of migraine. It finally let up this morning....grrr.

Terri, emotional eating is hard for me too. That and chocolate cravings during pms time.

Granny, you are doing amazing. Sorry about the stink event. I hope you and Beau have a successful search

keli, mindset is really everything hon. You have come such a long way.

well with the migraine and my mood swings plus my bump up to 191.2 today...I have been in I'll form...I went to church but didn't get the word today because I had nursery and some drama got started there...then I decided to go to street ministry Pastor and we got rained out...so bummed.

I told someone annoying me that I didn't have enough Jesus in me to deal with them today...lol....

1359 calories for today...not sure what to expect tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:14 PM   #29  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Love this from you Jen ---told someone annoying me that I didn't have enough Jesus in me to deal with them today...lol...

That was so me on this trip at times thank you for that

Last edited by nancylmrn; 09-02-2018 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:37 PM   #30  

good night all! went for a power walk after supper tonight. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Closed Thread