Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 01:08 PM   #346  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy Friday eve everyone!

Are you all sitting down? Ready for this? I, like my fellow Frogger, snuck a premature peek at the scale this morning and....

I've arrived at Onderland!!!!!

199.4 to be exact. I looked at the number and could only say "oh.... wow.... ok....". I think I was dumbfounded.

Had a blast at the party last night... had a few palpitations regarding the 3 or so children playing around the flames and highly breakable items - also had "small issue" with a 3 year old in the "mine, mine, mine" stages of life, whose mother, bless her, didn't seem to see a problem with her daughter pulling things out of a stranger's hand.... but other than that - good fun! From now on, no children - OR one of the people in the group will be designated the "babysitter" during the show.

Frogger, congrats on the 195 dahling! That number is my daylight savings goal.... What a cool idea about having an online party! I never thought of doing something like that! If anyone is game, I'd be willing to send out catalogs!

WSW, awsome job not going to food when the power was out. Have you ever seen any of the software that's out there that uses voice recognition to type? My stepfather tried it after his stroke, but his voice wasn't clear enough for it - but it seemed like it *would* work though.... just a thought.

YoYoDee, yes, PartyLite could take over my life if I'm not careful! As it is, I'm waiting for my first check to come in before I buy ANYTHING else... it's just so hard when it's all so purdy and (now) inexpensive! I also have to make sure I take time off - scheduling free days so I can just relax...

Kaylets, good luck on that testing! How cool that you can get a raise that way. About decluttering the baby stuff - no way. I have some of my mom and dad's baby things and my mom just gave me a quilt that my great grandmother made for my grandmother - no chance in **** that's going ANYWHERE ('cept on my wall - I think I'm going to hang it in my bedroom ). There's junk, then there's family treasures - what is a treasure to some may be junk to others, and the Clutter ****'s should respect that.

Amarantha, last night I started getting sucked into the reality tv. The Bachelor was on and before I knew it, I'd lost about 20 minutes of valuable sleep time! Just say no to melodramatic tv!!!!
Very cool about the guitar -I always wish I knew how to play....

Ceara!

Good news for the Bo-Beena - they made an offer on a house, it was accepted and now the Great Wait begins!!!!

Toodles for now,

Terri
Old 09-25-2003, 01:17 PM   #347  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Exclamation W-O-O H-O-O

Kudos to Punkin, the O' FRIDAY!!! Congrats on the arrival in Onederland!!!!

Ceara
Old 09-25-2003, 02:15 PM   #348  
Momma Frog

Talking

WELCOME TO ONEDERLAND PUNKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2003, 02:24 PM   #349  
Spreadin' the luv.

Smile The amazing shrinking lady...

Aw, Punkin, I'm so proud of you! I hear in Onderland the gravity's a little different - you feel a lot lighter! Can you feel it? You've lost so much weight since I've known you and I'm glad to have followed your progress this far. Huzzah!

Frogger, I'm equally glad for you, my dear. You've really worked through some tough times to get those fluffy things off your butt. Wishing you much more success... And for the love of Pete, 2-3 hour commute? I weep for you.

Kaylets, good luck with your testing. I know you won't be passing up a 15% raise. Sounds like kind of a pain, though. I hate open-book tests. Wait...yeah, I just hate all tests in general.

QOD: Jane Austen movies. I nearly own all of them now. Usually after I watch the movie I go back and read the novel again. I'm feeling like it's about time for Mansfield Park again...

Amarantha. Om shanti. Any more wisdom from our "protein guru"?

Hey, there, WSW. You've had an official string of OP days! Good on ya, m'dear!

Ceara, I'm with you on the reality TV thing. No offense to those addicted. I understand why they're fascinating, but I don't watch TV to see real people do real things. Oh, wait. I don't have TV. Just one sitting around for movies now and then. I gave up cable when I realized I had logged 10 consecutive hours on VH1. Outta control. I'd rather read, too. Remember how I was gloating how our gym and movie theater were only like 4 blocks away? So is our library! Don't'cha just HATE me?

Eydie, some people just burn Nag Champa because they like it. We do. Do you ever burn incense? Try Nag Champa and Superhit at the same time sometime...MMMM.

Yo-yo, I'm glad you're back. We found a branch of our favorite pub here in Seattle...two blocks from our house! They have my favorite wheat there! Dying for a pint right now. Part of me was thinking (when we found it) Oh, Great! My favorite wheat and my favorite chips (fries, ladies, fries) are here! and part of me was like Oh...great. I'm gonna be in here every damn night eating/drinking naughty things. Like chips and wheat ale. Poopey. Feel my pain.

Zadie, I'm still popping buttons (in the good way), I'm so proud of you doing aerobics! I can just see you in a few weeks, bouncing and flitting and sweating lightly - and when the hour's up, there you are, saying "O-oh! We're already DONE?!"

Arabella, dah-link, are you staying sane?

Post about me later.

Love youse guys!
Old 09-25-2003, 03:17 PM   #350  
Momma Frog

I am addicted to that Joe Schmo show. I can't help it!!! I watch to see if that poor dork is going to figure it out!

Cerise- I really need to give up cable. I've logged a trying 10 hours myself..on court TV!!!! AUGH!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 05:18 PM   #351  
Spreadin' the luv.

Thumbs down Enough about you, let's talk about me.

And now for the me postie.

Or the Ramon postie. He has taken the leap and has enrolled in the Art Institute of Seattle for a one-year intensive program in Graphic Arts. We can't afford to get him another degree (2-4 years), which hurts a bit, but it's SOMETHING!!! He's so TIRED of framing art (yes, even at Michael's) and this certificate along with his Fine Arts BA (and his talent, which has been viewed and oohed and aahed over by the AIS Illustration dept. ) should get him into a good firm in Seattle. We'll be poorer and more pressed for time and probably a bit crabbier for a year - and we'll see less of each other - but I'm proud that he's taking a brave step.

He had a weird consultation at Gold's Gym - you know, the free-hour-with-a-personal-trainer-with-signup thing? This guy told him that he needs to eat his weight in ounces of protein. 200 ounces of protein!! Does that sound right? He started going off about chicken and turkey - this is when I interrupted Ramon's retelling and said "you told him about being vegetarian, right?!". He DID mention it to the trainer, and he said tofu would be OK, too. 200 OUNCES OF TOFU PER DAY!?!?! Huh uh, not me. I mean, we like tofu and all, but all that progestin or progesterone or whatever and my man'd be growing boobies! Anyway...where do they get these people?

I haven't worked out in the last two days. Yesterday I gave blood and dragged around a bit as a result. Walking home was not fun. My joints like the elliptical trainer so much that if I go off it for only two days they get all sulky and seize up again! Bending over to feed the pointy-eared queens becomes a bit of a production. It's good for me, though, to have a sort of painful reminder (well, not "sort of") to exercise daily.

All right, dears, sorry to lurk yesterday and then write two long posties today, but...

This October's O Mag is about aging. I thought about you guys (some of you are older than me - I mean you) and my Mom (61) and the ladies who I play soccer with (most of them over 45 at least), and I feel blessed to have women around me (as I near 30 and start to think about aging - don't laugh - we all have to deal with it no matter what our age) that are a bit older than me and are very active, clear-minded, strong and vital. Gives me something to shoot for as the word "decades" starts to really mean something to me. It's like I have a band of really cool older sisters that I want to be like. Except for my Mom. I mean, I want to be like her, too, but she's more like a mother to me. Anyway, don't be too offended that I'm referring to ages here, but what I wanted to say (in short ) was that I admire you and am terribly grateful for your acceptance, giving spirits and for the example you are to me. Hope I haven't made my "sisters" too mad.

Peace out.

Last edited by Cerise; 09-25-2003 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:19 PM   #352  
Spreadin' the luv.

Reason for the above : all the ladies in my family seem to start to "cave" after 35 or so, get fat, stiffen up from arthritis, don't take care of themselves, start to complain a lot and refuse to take seriously or try to understand those younger than they, so aging has always been a fearful thing for me. You guys have made it into more of a positive thing, more of a wry adventure. Anyway, I REALLY hope I haven't offended anyone or made them feel "old". Eeek!
Old 09-26-2003, 06:36 AM   #353  

Hello all!!

Punkin! You are getting so skinny you are going to have to run around the shower to get wet!! Hee -hee- GOOD FOR YOU!

Weather forecast is spotty at best -- and DH's not really motivated ---so--- I will continue to sort but yard sale not happening this weekend. Instead I am planning on posting some Ebay Auctions.
------------------
Today's thought is:

"Some people are so fond of ill-luck that they run half-way to meet it"-
--Douglas William Jerrold

Question of the day:

"Would you rather take a cold shower or skip a meal?"
-------------------

will try and look in later from Egypt
Old 09-26-2003, 07:22 AM   #354  
deleted2

Punkin, I'm beyond thrilled to hear of your safe arrival in Onederland!
And Frogger, you're doing great!

Punkin, let us know what you decide about the online party thing.

Kaylets, good luck on the testing!

Cerise, that's exciting news about Ramon. I always think it's so admirable when anyone takes a bold leap like that!
About the 200 oz. of protein, that's kind of insane. Is it possible that he meant 200 grams? More reasonable, but still a heck of a lot.

I'm so glad you brought up this month's O!!! I've been doing this thing lately that when I see my face in the mirror, I'm seeing myself as an 'older' woman now. Slightly freaky, but I'm okay with it! It's a great issue this month--I recommend it!

Love to you all!

Old 09-26-2003, 07:54 AM   #355  
Momma Frog

Good Morning!

Official weigh in.......drumroll please............... 195!!!!! I surpassed my goal for the challenge already!!! (I'll have to revise) I cannot believe that in a week I have lost 3 lbs. I'm once again motivated.

Oh boss is coming gotta go. Check back later!
Old 09-26-2003, 08:12 AM   #356  

HMMMMM--

200 OZ would be 12 lbs -- I didnt figure out the grams but I wonder if that's what the trainer meant too--
I believe this is a bodybuilding diet isnt it??? Some of DH's friends were following something similiar and had to eat every 3 hours, certain foods imeadiately after working out, then 30 minutes later....

News this am made some announcement regarding studies showing that women following lo carb diets suffer more PMS symptons--
anyone heard anything on this??

later all!!

Last edited by KAYELETSI; 09-26-2003 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:15 AM   #357  

Punkin, my royal sweetie - I'm so thrilled you're in onderland. But I know you're lonely without me so I must get there soon!
Weigh in this week was still about two pounds above lowest which I had seen again just last week. Feeling swollen, drinking water, etc. Just will have to hang on and it will go. I've had four good days in a row but am still hanging at higher levels.

Cold shower for sure but I'd hate that too. Don't have to eat a lot but need to eat. Used to be hypoglycemic and though I seem to have that under control these days, don't want to get into it again.

Good news about Ramon. Always good to go for the dream no matter how tough.

Aah, Cerise, hope I can be good for you (since I'm SURE I'm the oldest on this thread (not on 3FC, though, as I've checked it out a bit). However, got some pics back from birthday and was SHOCKED at how old I looked. (WHO'S THAT OLD PERSON?) Had been looking better on earlier pics. But this was still in most stressful period so am HOPING to look better again. I tend always to LOOK how I'm feeling, even from hour to hour.

200 gms would be about 28.6 oz of protein. Seems pretty high to me but maybe not for a body builder. DH is protein restricted and is allowed 70 gms a day so maybe 200 not too high for active young fellow looking to build muscle.

Great loss, frogger. Sounds like a couple of things going right for you these days. (Except that daggone commute.)

Up and attem time; sun here now, don't know for how long. As Kaylets said, iffy.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:21 AM   #358  

Oh Well Done Frogger and Pumpkinseed it's heartening when an achievement is reached...

Anagram I frighten myself most mornings - I'm very short sighted and sometimes I catch sight of myself and think who the **** is that in the mirror!! But I refuse to conform to society's perceived idea of how I should act... no way I feel different ages on different days (sometimes at different times of the day ) I don't look like this through sitting on my being pampered all day - I've worked since I was 14 years old and I can't wait until I retire. So give yourself a hug - those pictures were taken at not the best of times there will be better ones.

Cerise I'm sooooo tempted by the pub you've found I wonder how much a round would cost Fares/hotels/food and drinks - far too much for me at this moment in time I shall think of you next time I'm having a beer. (not yet!!!) I feel your pain girl

Right I'm off to do some chores - back at work full time now and I am sooo behind but what the heck!!!

See you later

Dee
Old 09-26-2003, 12:53 PM   #359  
Empress/Queen

HUZZAH!!!! HUZZAH!!!! HUZZAH!!!! Punkin o' Friday is NOW IN ONDERLAND!!!! Well done, o' ... henceforth Friday will be the day we celebrate thy arrival into this magic land!!!! Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah!!!! Have a banana!!!!

Om Shanti, Elliptical Cerise!!!! Wanted to "weigh" in on the 200-gram protein thing!!! My advice (sent you said on the other thread I should go ahead and give it): Report that trainer to the gym! A gym trainer should not be giving nutritional advice unless he/she can show Ramon his credentials to do so, which I doubt he/she has. All he should be doing is showing Ramon how to safely do exercises and generally encouraging him, etc. It'd be different if he were giving general advice about eating a good diet in general, etc., but to specifically recommend a certain amount of protein or whatever is beyond his scope. Some of these trainers (IMO) do much more harm than good and get into areas they aren't qualified to address. I think I posted before about a neighbor who was getting advice from a gym trainer to drink several gallons of water a day (I forget the specifics at this point) and she subsequently developed a serious medical condition. Also, 200 grams of protein a day is (IMO) ridiculous. Especially for a vegetarian.

I posted a new three-day challenge. It's based on (sorry) a reality show!!!!

Now I'm going to go and watch one!!!! Yowza!!
Old 09-26-2003, 02:06 PM   #360  
Is it Friday yet?

Welcome to Friday my chiquitas!

Had a blissfully boring night last night, tried to recharge my batteries, but alas, insomnia is still haunting me and I was up until 12:30am... Tonight - Tylenol PM - I WILL sleep!

Snuck another peek (I won't apologize, I know I'm on the wagon when I always weigh myself) and I'm at 199.0. Looks like I've dumped my parachute after my leap off the plateau! I've noticed I do this, small losses for a few weeks, then BLAM! 2 or 3 pounds or more - then small losses again. Not complainin' but the "BLAM's" are a little shocking still...

Anagram, knowing you were close behind, I left the key for Onderland under the mat by the front gate. Just in case you get there and I'm not around to let you in...

Cerise, that is SO great about Ramon's going back to school! I'm going to agree with everyone here about the amount of protein they're asking for and if he did eat it in tofu, you're probably not far off on your "boobie" comment - it's plant estrogen that's in tofu and if he eats that much I wouldn't be surprised if he started to menstruate!
About aging, I guess I'm lucky that I see age as an accumulation of wisdom - the packaging is just the proof of it.

Frogger, on getting to your goal early!!!! I bet you DO have MO-tee-vation o'plenty!

Kaylets of Egypt, I hadn't heard about the PMS/Lo-Carb connection. I know Bo-Beena said she'd been feeling less PMS-y when she started her lo(wer)-carb eating, but the lack of symptoms also happens just by loosing weight and eating less (excuse me) crap. Having *more* symptoms is puzzling though...

YoYoDee, I'm with ya on the feelin' your age thing. Sometimes I feel SO old (ya know, when your knees pop or someone mentions something from 20 years ago and you *remember* it?) but then more often than not, I feel just like I did in high school. My 15 year reunion was this year and I just could NOT believe I was old enough to be out of school for 15 years!
Like my Grandma used to always say "if you're worried about getting old, consider the alternative" - she never gave a hoot about the number. And maybe it's because I'm a young duck of 33, but I'm liking my face more each year...

Amarantha, thank you for the 'nanner, it was delish!

Eydie, I'm game for an online show if you all are! I could easily have everything shipped to each of you... piece o' calorie-free cake.

So I guess, if you're interested, PM me your address and I'll send out the necessities! We can choose a close date a few weeks or so down the line for the orders to be placed and you'll have a big ol' PartyLite box on your doorstep shortly thereafter!

Off to tend to my other job now....

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!

Terri
Closed Thread