Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 08:55 AM   #466  
Momma Frog

Good Morning Lovies!!

I'm excited! DH goes in on friday to fill out tax paperwork for his new job and that's when they will give him his schedule. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS!! Hopefully they will start him the next day and we can get some kind of finances in order again. This month has been looking pretty bleek. I think I'll have to dip into savings to pay a bill or two. Glad we have the savings. It's not much by any means, but we try to keep at least one mortgage payments worth of money or more in there for the "just in case". It's been real hard, but for the past almost 2 months I have been able to manage without the savings.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2003, 04:08 PM   #467  
Is it Friday yet?

Hey there chickies....

Feeling so-so today - better than yesterday, but not myself still. I don't think I mentioned that Bo-Beena's DH was fighting a monster cold while I was there last weekend and DD came down with the flu 2 days after I left - so who knows what my system is trying to clean out! But I've been getting a LOT of sleep, taking my vities, apple juice, water and (ahem) ice cream... I'll be better soon!

Amarantha, I'll keep my fingers crossed for your lottery dreams! I always think it'd be nice to win - but never play... I guess that's a requirement to win huh?

Zadie, yes, the sunrise clock is a very nice way to wake up - very calm and gentle, no blaring radio or beeping. I will continue to nap too, I know that's how the body heals itself and goodness knows I need healin'!

Eydie, you like spiders? Doin' anything this weekend? Come on over, I've got a small BLACK WIDOW problem you can help me with!!!! No, I'm not kidding - my red rock, remember me talking about it? Well, it was either delivered with the 'widders OR they nested while it sat there for a week - because I've got them *everywhere*. I even killed one in my house.... unusual for a 'widder to be found inside, but there she was. They're mostly in all the rocks outside and in all the vents for the crawl space under my house. If the frost doesn't get 'em the bombing I plan on doing will!

Cerise, how exciting to get to meet someone that's meant so much to you! The closest I can get to a story like that was meeting Poison in '88. Rikki Rocket was "all that" to me and I had him touching my hair and saying how much he loved the color (he used to be a hairdresser) and got hugs and invited to dinner (kraft service essentially) and well, it made my day, or year - since I was 18 at the time I thought it made my LIFE.
Now, little kids think I'm cool because of all my club hoppin' days and our "old" music is cool again.... Nothing like being idolized by a 16 year old to make you feel ancient!

Thank you for the pillow fluffing offer too - very sweet of you. One of the down sides of being a single girl - no one to take care of me when I feel poopy, and whining to my cats about how lousy I feel doesn't get me much sympathy.

Well, must away for now...

Terri
Old 10-09-2003, 05:08 PM   #468  
caffeine free!

Hello,
Anotherr crazy day. We are doing a new case that has got the office all abuzz.

Punkin - yeah, no matter how muh you ask cats just don't bring you gingerale.

So...I am getting real tired of the muscle pain thing. I know it is supposed to get better, but just when it started to feel easy I started to shift from low impact to high impact (not there yet). And my muscles continue to complain.

Cerise - I know what you mean about being at home alone and the urge to snack. leif starts another class that is at night twice a week adn i can feel my heine getting bigger already.

so, has anyone done a triathalon? I was looking at the danskin tri and thinking...i could do that. not yet, but in ten months i could. or i may be deluding myself. hmmm.

at any rate, back to crazy work day.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:27 PM   #469  
deleted2

Yikes Punkinseed! Black Widows give even me pause and your post gave me a shudder. We've had the "ladies" around our house too from time to time. Yep, they can't stay. Bomb away! I remember reading in a field guide once that 'it's unlikely that you'd die from a black widow's bite but you'll wish you were dead'! Gah! Give me a nice hairy friendly spider anyday.

zadie k, since I revved up my workouts I've been having muscle pain too. Most of the time it's pretty mild and somedays it makes me walk crooked! I'm pretty tired of it, but I'm not willing to give up my workouts. What is it with me lately? I'm actually craving exercise!!!!

I had the day off so I had a big exercise session. 30 minute bellydance video, 60 min. step video and 50 min. pilates. Good sweat! Then I just sort of lolled around all afternoon. Ah, bliss....

Hey, does anyone find a connection between their hunger level and their workouts? Hungrier after a big workout? Just curious. I've been ravenous all day!

Old 10-09-2003, 05:31 PM   #470  
deleted2

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Cerise! If RM means so much to you then I'm going to read one of her books. Recommendations for a McKinley 'virgin'?

Old 10-09-2003, 05:45 PM   #471  
Spreadin' the luv.

The Blue Sword. Still my favorite. Or "Spindle's End" - what I think is her best character study. Any of them, really. I'm so glad you asked!!
Old 10-09-2003, 06:27 PM   #472  
Empress/Queen

Yowza, more fly-by!!! Cerise, glad to see thee ... posted on thy journal yesterday as was missing thee. Om shanti!

Eydie: If thou knewest the towns I cover, thou'd knoweth that I'm already covering the news o' the weird!!!!

Congrats on thy day o' exercise. I'd like to go to a lovely spa and exercise all day punctuated by naps ... oh, wait, that's my life!

Thanks to all for the encouraging comments on my career test. I'm at my wit's end and unfortunately met up today with a box of ice cream bars that had soft caramel in the center and a crunchy coating. Flexpoints is on hold for yet another day.

Actually it hasn't been too bad. I've had 40 points, but the bars came out to 5 points each and since I count a point as 50 calories and the bars are 210 calories, I came in somewhere in the 1700 calorie range, which is not too bad, though WW would say it was way high. Also jog/walked for 35 minutes this a.m. and that was 4 points by my calculations.

I'm still committed to doing flexpoints but realize it's just another way (as Punkin once said) of keeping the calories down. I like it because it's a codified, simplified form of calorie counting, but may not stay true to the exact parameters that WW sets.

I was thinking of going to one of their meetings, but looking at the cost that it would cost to join WW Arizona (because it's not connected with WW At Home or WW Online, both of which I've already shelled out big bucks for ... twice in the case of the at home thing because I wanted a second calculator, I guess I'll pass)!

Cerise, I think it's cool you met Ms. McKinley and are so excited about the event. There is never any need to feel you should not be enthusiastic about things ... and this really wasn't a small thing, it was a big thing. Getting excited and feeling things that are significant and that make a difference in your life means that you are fully alive ... many people try not to get excited or feel things deeply. They are half-dead, if you ask me, which you didn't, of course!

Zadie, pb is really very good for you if you get the natural kind. It does have calories and fat, but it's a healthy fat. What I do (or did before WW) is take a jar of natural pb and pour off some of the oil on top (not all or it'll get really dry and again that oil is healthy oil). Then I mix the oil and a packet or two of Splenda in with the pb and refrigerate. This is less calories and less oil, has no trans fats or added sugar and tastes just like Skippy!

Actually, I LOVE almond butter and cashew butter (sorry, Cerise, I do)!!!

You can also mix tofu into a jar of pb to get a kind of spread ... at least people do it, but ...

Nutella is a sugar laden, chocolated hazelnut butter. It's not all that healthy but rich and you don't need much. I like to spread a bit of this on a whole wheat pita. There are other, more evil, uses for it as well.

This site times me out a lot and it's about to do so now, so to all, mentioned and unmentioned, !

I'm still hoping for a pound, Kaylets, even though I'm over points.

Still doing the water challenge.

Later.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:10 PM   #473  

Hello all!

Couldnt post this am at home and ran to work to say hi but we were crashed there a few hours so I am here now.

Wonder if the weather is just perfect for bugs.. we have had spiders, beatles, slugs, crawlies, flyers, etc all over the house since it got really hot. Even saw a dragonfly go across the backyard and the only water around was chlorinated--

Empress-- tell me more about mixing the tofu into the peanut butter....!!! This is sounding GUILT FREE to me...

Moon is big and bright gold tonight... dh is out bowling-- DS joined the same league... different team but the two are in the same building-- which serves liquor.. we'll see what choices DS makes....especially since he' s riding w/ DH tonight...

My swimsuit came and fits. It was eyeopening to see how much more stomach and belly area I have to lose than I thought.
The other suit had a little flip skirt and I guess the cut "hid" the belly-- So I have new motivation-- right in my mirror--- and the other thing that is obvious is that I will be getting my money's worth from the suit. It was fairly inexpensive, the shipping to get it here for Sat was the price of the suit ! But, its 100% better than what I tried to wear last week so....

HERE WE GO 1 lb, here we go!

Let me go start some laundry and do a run of stairs at the same time.

Take care all!
Old 10-10-2003, 12:00 AM   #474  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Tell me about bugs, Kaylets!!! I'm heading back to the tub for the third time this afternoon as I'm all eaten up with giant mosquito bites from last night. It's true these are somewhat early this year ... temp is in double digits finally so mayhap these'll all go away soon? Dunno.

Re the tofu/pb, you can just process or mix small batches, you have to experiment with it to get a mix you like ... use the soft, silken kind, drained very well and refrigerate mix. You can add some honey. I've made this but it's been awhile. I didn't really like it, but it's a good idea. I think it would be guilt free if you used lowfat tofu, but then I think peanut butter is guilt free as long as it doesn't contain trans fat. An amount of tofu would up the protein, though, and add soy.

Which brings me to another good pb substitute made with soybeans. You can buy this in the grocery's natural foods section. There's also a good variety made by Dixie Diner, if they are still in business. I haven't received their catalog in some time, but forgot because I'm a carnivore now!

Also, I forget if it was on this board but someone asked about making their own seitan. I have done this, but it was a dismal failure. I think I overworked the stuff or something. It came out like hardtack biscuits rather than a meat analog. There are a lot of recipes around but in my opinion, it's not worth the effort.

Congratulations on thy swimsuit!!! It sounds cool!

Got to go as Old Dog will not eat her dog food. She is holding out for cat food and it is driving me crazy. She's getting really hungry and bumping against my leg and trying to get into the cat room and throwing herself on the floor in a dramatic fashion designed to induce guilt that I am not giving her the cat food.

I would give her cat food but it has too many calories, even mixed with her food. If I give her cat food, she will continue to demand cat food for the next six weeks and she will balloon up and her joints will hurt. We have been through this many times.

I will not give her the cat food.

I'm having a terrible time staying on the points thing. Overate again today. Hoping for two good days before my weigh in and then hoping that at least I won't be up.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:10 AM   #475  
Momma Frog

Good Morning All! HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How's everybody doing on their 1lb down for the week? Drumroll please............I now weigh 191. That's a 3 lb loss this week! Only 26 more lbs to go and I will be at ulitmate GOAL!!!

We've had the buggies here too. Mostly crickets and beatles coming in and big huge spiders on the outside (1 on the front of the house and one on the back) YUCK-o I hate bugs.

DH and I have a weekend alone as Momma is visiting my grandma. No big plans as of course we are flat broke, but I hope we can just enjoy the time together.

Today though, he goes in to the new job to fill out paperwork. I'm excited for him. I'm excited to have some money coming in again. Hope they start him soon and pay him soon as well. This month is not going so well.

Laterz chickies.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:34 AM   #476  

Smile Fabulous Friday!

Hello all!!

Deep fog this am so I left early to get here on time....

And realize I only remember the quetion of the day --

so here it is:

"When the *hit hits the fan, do you turn it on full blast or do you turn it off?"

Am starting to sort and clear in anticipation of my move so....

will try and look in later!

Take care all!
Old 10-10-2003, 10:06 AM   #477  

Smile HI AGAIN

FOURTEEN THINGS THAT IT TOOK OVER 50 YEARS TO LEARN By Dave Barry

1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would
be "meetings."
3. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
4. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
5. You should not confuse your career with your life.
6. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
7. Never lick a steak knife.
8. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.
9. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.
10. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging
from her at that moment.
11. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.
12. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside,
we ALL believe that we are above-average drivers.
13. A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person. (This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.)
14. Your friends love you anyway.

Thought for the day:
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
And no, you don't have to forward this to anyone in order for your Life to take on new meaning...
Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Old 10-10-2003, 10:55 AM   #478  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy Friday everyone!

Well, I feel human, but now my back hurts.... Lower right side, going down the back of my right leg - I dare say I even have a butt-ache. Can't freakin' believe this. Today I'm arranging for some vacation time - apparently my body's telling me I NEED it!

Eydie, I did some research on Black Widows yesterday - kinda the "know your enemy" mentality - and I'd seen the same thing, they won't kill you but you'll wish it had. Great.... Next week I'll buy bombs and move kitties to mom's house for the day (oh, they'll love that! ). It was 26 degrees this morning so I'm sure a majority of the outside ones are spidey-cicles by now - or they're under my house...which is about to be ground zero.
I did find 2 spiders in the house last night - a benign house spidey and a crab spider - good to see 'em both since I think the 'widders have been eating them as I haven't seen a common house spider in a couple months! I read that Daddy Long Legs (cellar spiders) are known to eat black widows, so I'm thinkin' next year to release a bunch of 'em around the house and let 'em chow down!

Kaylets, glad the suit fits, funny to be talking about swimsuits when it's so freakin' cold outside! I love the "14 things" from Dave Barry too. Careful out in that fog!

Oh, and when the defecation hits the oscillation, I turn it up - better to get it all over the place, and all over with before trying to clean, than turning it off and not knowing what's going to turn the fan back on when you least expect it!

Frogger, congrats on your loss!!!!

Amarantha, how funny that Old Dog is begging for cat food! Our chocolate lab sneaks a snack when he thinks no one is looking - but our biggest problem is the snacks he takes out of the litter box!

Zadie, I think a triathalon is an *excellent* idea! What a great goal to work towards! Do it! Do it!!!!!!

Cerise, thank you for the reading suggestions. Winter seems to be quickly approaching and there's nothin' better than a good book to read while listening to the snow fall!

Well, must away.... been doing some PartyLite work *at work* this morning and I can't believe the month I'm having! I'm almost at the stage where I earn a bonus paycheck, and I still have 3 shows this month! I'm having SO much fun!
~ Eydie, Amarantha and Cerise, I was thinkin' that if you want to order anything we could get the order in the first week of November? Work for youz? You'd get everything in time for Thanksgiving that way.... (can't believe I'm talking about Thanksgiving!!!).

Toodles for now,

Terri
Old 10-10-2003, 03:50 PM   #479  
Empress/Queen

Yowza, Punkin, Old Dog also checks out the litterbox from time to time! Can't believe how my little baby puppy grew to be this massive creature with such rude habits. She finally ate the dog food last night and some this a.m.

Re Partylite, I'll send you a pm, but yes that should work.

Re your pain, it sounds like a pinched nerve (sciatica?), maybe you should try a muscle relaxant!

Kayeletsi: Thanks for posting the 14 things!!! I know some slinkeys!

Have to go do a homecoming parade 30 miles away, except it's raining! Figures!

Later.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:26 PM   #480  
Is it Friday yet?

Got yer PM Amarantha daaahling, and anytime that works for you is good for me. Goodness knows, it looks like I'll be doing this for awhile...

And yeppers, it does appear that my sciatica has shown up (again). Personally, I think it's my body's way of saying "hey, we tried to make her sick and she kept moving...what can we do to *physically* make her STOP for a few days???? I know - back pain!!!!!!"

Silly body doesn't know I have another show tomorrow and HAVE to move - bring on da' drugs and a good night's sleep!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Terri
(aka Punkin o' Friday - and.... IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!)
Closed Thread