Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 06:11 PM   #241  
Empress/Queen

Yowza!!! Just a quick postie before I leave for a meeting. Hope everything workwise sorts itself for everyone by the end o' the day, including Frogger's dh getting his job!

Cerise, re the plantar fascia thingie, methinks it's not a result of overweight. They told me it just has to do with flexibility of that area running along the bottom of the foot ... anyhow, stretch that out like crazy and it'll help a lot, methinks!!!! Good luck with it, O' Soccer !!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 07:07 PM   #242  
deleted2

Kaylets, I'm glad you're feeling better! About today's ?---my favorite time of day is early morning, before light, when the whole day is stretching out in front of you. Or at the end of the day having a snuggle with DH while watching the Simpsons, again!

Ceara, wow, 2 pounds gone since Friday!

Wildfire, I love New Balance shoes. They're always my first choice!

Cerise, how are you doing with the calorie counting?

Fingers crossed for you, Frogger!

Happy Birthday, Lovely Anagram! Our group wouldn't be the same without you!

Hello to YoYo Dee, Amarantha, Zadie k, Dollar, Arabella, And everyone else.

Old 09-15-2003, 08:17 PM   #243  

Well Kaylets if I have had the same cold you had and vice versa I feel really bad for you. I don't even remember Sat. I sat in my chair turned on the TV and watched 5 mins of this show and 10 of another and 5 of the next. I did that all day and into the evening and my head and neck were just throbbing the whole time. So if you felt anything like I did I sure hope you are doing better. I was so glad to wake up yesterday without the pain it made the rest odf the cold not seem so bad. I didn't go into work on Sat ans when I phoned to tell them I wasn't coming in they didn't even realize it was me. When I went in today they said from what they were told on the weekend about how I sounded they figured I wouldn't be in all week. Thank goodness they were wronge. At any rate I hope your feeling better.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:23 PM   #244  

Well Kaylets if I have had the same cold you had and vice versa I feel really bad for you. I don't even remember Sat. I sat in my chair turned on the TV and watched 5 mins of this show and 10 of another and 5 of the next. I did that all day and into the evening and my head and neck were just throbbing the whole time. So if you felt anything like I did I sure hope you are doing better. I was so glad to wake up yesterday without the pain it made the rest odf the cold not seem so bad. I didn't go into work on Sat ans when I phoned to tell them I wasn't coming in they didn't even realize it was me. When I went in today they said from what they were told on the weekend about how I sounded they figured I wouldn't be in all week. Thank goodness they were wronge. At any rate I hope your feeling better.

For the rest of you if anyone comes near you cough or sniffling, run, run very fast and don't look back because you don't want this nasty cold. Around here there is now a gastro outbreak started in one of our schools and they can just keep it to themselves because I don't want to see our facility get closed down so early into the fall season that needs to wait a few more months. Anyway take care all I will check in after WI tomorrow and let you know how it goes. I have decided to plan my weeks from Mon to Sun instead of around my WI day Wed to Tues maybe it will shake things up a bit.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:43 AM   #245  

Thumbs down Escape Day

Morning people!!! I'm having an escape day today... I know I've only just gone back to work but I have all my leave to take and I didn't want to go in today - yesterday was ****. So I'm going to the gym and getting back on track.

Dollar - I hate people coming to work with a cold and make them sit well away from me! So I hope you're feeling better You too Kaylets

belated Anagram hope you had a wonderful day

How's the shoes - getting a run for your money?

Frogger I hope your DH has had good news and he's back in work - I fancy a change but I'm too lazy to do anything about it. I'd like to become a midwife but I can't afford to go to college (it takes about 3 years to qualify) so I'll have to stay where I am. I've worked out I've only got 153 pay days left!!!!

Ceara, Cerise, Amarantha, Eydie, Arabella hope you all have a great day.

Right I'm off to the gym

Dee
Old 09-16-2003, 06:39 AM   #246  

Morning! Up way too early again today. Must get some order back in my life now that the celebrating is done. Thanks for all the hearty good wishes. I don't feel one bit older.

Frogger, hope that job is just around the corner for dh. You've certainly had a lot of stress to deal with lately. Doesn't cost money to do the research to be ready to follow your dream. Baby steps. Line up those ducks so when you win the lottery (or not) you'll be ready.

Escape day sounds great, Yo. May I join you? How about Ceara? Sounds like she could use one too.

Glad you found your shoes, albeit a different version, Wildfire. We picked up some TAB over the weekend. That's a tough thing to find here too. Used to have a place (distributor) where we could pick it up occasionally but they seem to be out of it now as well. So last few months, we've been picking it up when we visit dd in Md. Available in groceries stores there. So I'm stocked for a while now.

So proud of you, Soccer Queen, that you're going to stick with it. You'll not regret it even when it is mucky and cold.

Dollar and Kaylets, if I'm in vicinity of a coughing, hacking person, believe me, I'll run. Sounds like you two have really battled a bad one.

Eydie, Empress, Punkin, BoBeena, Wood Nymph,

Last edited by anagram; 09-16-2003 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:48 AM   #247  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Exclamation Tuesday

Well day 2 of the week, day 23 OP for me. Had a small piece of b-day cake last night...4 bites...in honour of my daughter's day...she is 19!!!!!!! But that was planned and I consider it to be OK.

Yesterday was a H***ish day at work....the tech guys were in over supper and the computers only went down 6-7 times over 2 hours rather than every few seconds....and I had a serious patron problem....she really had a hairball up her butt! Boy, Oh boy....I tell you people need to see the good in a statement not the potential insult...which I would never do...I commented on the unusual spelling of her last name and I wondered if it had been anglicized that way and she just went off! I tell you...I appreciate the calmness and acceptance on this thread....it is spirit soothing.......

Cerise, you are not a chambermaid! Think girl,

Dollar you are doing great...and whatever you feel comfortable at/with should be your goal. Jeepers I've been mucking around in the same 10-15 numbers for 2 years...does that mean I want them as my goal...no way! Leadership should not be telling/determining for you. They should be exhorting and encouraging you to get where you want to be!

Yestiday's QOD...mornings....my brain functions best. Dogs are asleep and so are the chillins' and hubbie..if he's not workin' so I have TIME TO MYSELF!!!!!!!!!

Yo-Yo-Dee grab a no guilt and fresh start card and get to it! Hope the gym was fun!

Frogger!

Congrats Empress A....day 4 (right?) of KK?

Eydie. How are things?

Anagram.. and Arabella....is the job becoming easier?
to everyone else I've not mentioned...need to eat blueberries.....also have to walk as I didn't yesterday....and I'm gonna run outta days if I want to do 5 sessions this week!

Ceara
Old 09-16-2003, 06:50 AM   #248  
deleted2

YoYo Dee, enjoy your escape!

Yesterday as I was finishing my food/exercsie journal for the day I noticed that I'd had 3 sugary dessert-y things. I'm not rabidly anti-sugar but that's too much for me. Only makes me want more. Have to be more aware today. That's the plan anyway....Still stayed within my alotted 1500 calories though.

Still plateau-ing too. Grrrr....

Old 09-16-2003, 09:56 AM   #249  
Empress/Queen

Yowza! Today is an escape day in the Empire o' Fit Folk, Spa Headquarters, as well!!! Huzzah!!!!

YoYo: Hope you don't totally give up your dream of becoming a midwife ... if you continue to think and plan and don't give up, a way might be found. I believe with the sages that the only difference between success and failure in reaching a goal is giving up!!! So dream away and it can happen!

Eydie: Yesterday was a sugary kind o' day for me, too!!! Good luck on your goal for today ... with your ly determination, I'm sure you'll make it!!!

Dollar, glad you feel better. Good luck on your weigh-in!!!

Ceara: How strange that the woman got so upset over you mentioning her name! Maybe there was a legal issue you couldn't have been aware of. I live in a border state and remember interviewing a guy who had to ask his wife what his last name was!!!

Cerise, Punkin, Wood Nymph, Kaylets, Frogger and all herein, mentioned or unmentioned,

I think I'm going hiking to clear my head.

KRISPY KREME NOT CHALLENGE: DAY 4
Old 09-16-2003, 11:32 AM   #250  
Spreadin' the luv.

Thumbs up I am unwell, very unwell...

Gaaaaah!!!

Why, God, WHY?????

Went OffP yesterday. After a Friday and a weekend OffP. What is my problem??? Calorie-counting is going BADLY. Evenings are the devil. Yesterday, for example, I was perfectly happy eating my meals, counting calories, I had something like 500 more to eat when I got home, then POOF. Ramon and I went to a Thai restaurant and I got hungry for EVERYTHING!!! Noodles, rice, fried food, meat (ooooh, meat, and I'm a VEGETARIAN!!!!!!) . Did I stop eating when we got home? Say it with me...NO.

In the restaurant (naturally) I decided (again) that calorie-counting is just not for me...too restrictive...makes me want to binge...say all this in your best pompous, knowing, I-know-what's-best-for-me-please-pass-the-egg-rolls voice. eeGADS!!!

Help! Help! Help! Help! My sense of purpose, of seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, being in control, "sloughing off the weight" (oh, puh-LEEEEZ) is GONE. These are the days when I feel like giving up on everything. And it's so hard, having been "positive self-esteem girl" to come in here and tell you how I've failed. Geez. Failed rather spectacularly, I have to say. Usually I can sustain a diet effort for at least a week before I screw it up.

Oh.....POOPEYPANTS. Not giving up. I haven't given up on calorie-counting. Getting a tour of Gold's Gym today. Haven't given up! Maybe after months of eating sensibly during the day then bingeing during the evening I'll get it right.

Maybe I should go on the David Blaine diet...

P.S. I didn't actually eat meat, you realize. Just eyed Ramon's deep-fried chicken bits with longing.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:39 AM   #251  
Is it Friday yet?

AAAAAACK!!!!!

Yesterday was, I think, the 3rd Monday in a row that I didn't have a second to post! Goodness, you'd think we were busy or something! Please forgive the mini-novel that is this post....

In a nutshell - the weekend was ok. Too tired to really relax (ya know that feeling?), and PartyLite month o' shows mania starts this Saturday - then I've got a show almost every weekend all the way through October! Then I plan on slowing it down... this is only supposed to be a little stash cash and to support my candle habit - not increase the stress I already have with my 45+ hour a week job!

I approached the outskirts of Onderland - looks like a nice place. I'll watch the locals for the next week and perhaps I'll enter the town next week.... I'm a little nervous since I promised myself that once I moved there, I'd never go back to Twoterville.
Oh well, my bags are already packed - time to move!

Carrying on with the posties!

Frogger! Congrats on arriving at Onderland!!!! Any news on DH's last interview? Finger's still crossed for him!

Cerise, I've got plantar fascitis too - damned painful, but mine developed when I was a whopping 140 pounds (said with a dollop of sarcasm ) so I agree that weight probably isn't the cause - but it does make it feel worse, imo. I was told it's caused by pressure on the nerves around your toes... All I know is that when it hurts, it must be what it feels like to have your toes on fire! Ouuuuch!

Wildfire, I hope you don't have to have gallbladder surgery! I've heard it's not pleasant - but then, neither is the pain I guess....
I can't freakin' believe what happened with your shoes! I agree - keep 'em, you've been through enough already for them!

Amarantha, the people at that WW center should be smacked. First, aren't there some weigh in slips with your At Home kit? You should have gotten a couple passes that allow to weigh in in a center, at least that's what they USED to have. Second, they should want you to be successful, and should never, ever treat an "at home" like they did you! Some of the privately owned centers are just so money grubbing! Is it too late to cancel your order? I need to go to my center to get my mom and my calculators - I can get you one too and mail it, for far less than the $100!

Dollar, I hope you're feeling better! All the colds going around make me nervous right now with my mom just coming out of chemo... bugs, stay away!!!! Feel better soon!

Kaylets, I'm glad you're feeling more human... must be that time of year already! Your "weekend in bed" just may have to be put on my "to do" list when all this PartyLite shmoozing is calmed down!

Ceara, I don't understand why that woman would've been so upset by your question either! Being a geneology buff I often talk to people about their surnames. Maybe she was just having a bad day - or maybe she was just a total grump - but you did when she walked away right??

Anagram's birthday was yesterday????? I missed it?????
Happy belated dahling!!!!
May your allergies be lightened,
your deck sunny and bright,
may the annoying letters cease,
and the tempations kept to only a bite!

Eydie, I'll join the lethargy club with you! Today was the first time the alarm *didn't* wake me up in 3 weeks (I have one of those sunrise clocks). I think it's the season change - the sun's setting earlier and coming up later and it throws our internal clocks outta' whack.

Arabella, Woooohooooo!!!!! Book me a WEEK in that spa!!! I think I also saw Billy Zane mixing spirulina smoothies at the bar and Alan Cumming setting up a massage table.... Aye lad, help meh git on th' taaable.....

YoYoDee, I'll be a baby catcher with you! I looked into being a doula a year or so ago but just never did anything.... change will happen when you're ready for it - it just seems to work that way.
Enjoy your escape day - I'm with you in spirit! The body must work, but the brain can be freeeeeeee!!!!!!

Well, guess I should get some work done....

Toodles,
Terri
Old 09-16-2003, 01:07 PM   #252  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Exclamation Tues lunch!

Yummy...just had a bowl of homemade cabbage soup...tomatoes, 2 sausages and 2 potatoes(in whole 3 quarts), cabbage, peppers, carrots, onions........ummmummmumm.

Yes the lady was odd...she didn't walk out she was conducting this over the phone...just rather rudely hung up...I hope she felt better....poor thing. Must be hard to travel through life with such humongeous burdens I work with surnames all day everyday. I never thought that "interesting" was a slur?!?

Cerise...now cut it out....get a coupla cards from Kaylets and just climb back on the hay wagon...fasten your seatbelt this time will ya? We even put your name on it!

Punkin...good to "see" ya. Glad your weekend went well.

I am off to another pm of I hope normalcy....'cause yesterday wasn't. Think positive thoughts for me! Thanks!

Ceara
Old 09-16-2003, 01:07 PM   #253  
caffeine free!

Hello,
Just stopping in for a brief visit. Work has been very busy today.

Cerise - It sounds very frustrating. Yes, evening is the worst time of day for me as well. I can have the best of intentions all day and keep track of everything and eating out at night submarines my whole day. And yet, I do not think that it is all for nothing becuase at leasst by writing down what I am eating and how many calories I am consuming I actually realize what I am eating and hopefully it helps establish some good habits. Plus I think that it becomes easier the more you do it. I have been calorie counting for 116 days and I cannot tell you how many times I have gone over my goal calories, but at the same time I feel like I have become much more honest with myself about what I am eating. So maybe step one is writing everything down and step two is then figuring out a very realistic calorie goal. I am not certain. I know how hard it is to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Probably every three days I decide that I shall be resigned to staying overweight forever and continuing to gain about 5 pounds a year. But then I think about my health and how much better I feel now that I am eating better. But it is so darn hard. I set goals and fail to meet them. But I think that trying counts for a lot. I hope this helps somewhat.

At any rate, I must get back to work. My next meeting awaits. Will post later.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:10 PM   #254  
Spreadin' the luv.

***Cerise shamefacedly sneaks some "Fresh Start" cards from Kaylet's stash and slips away***

Then she delivers up a prayer of thanks for lovely people like ceara and Zadie...
Old 09-16-2003, 02:37 PM   #255  
Empress/Queen

Yowza!!! Thanks for posting on the Hump o' Week Challenge, Cerise!!! I'm really trying to save some Flexpoints, because that seems key to me on this plan, to save some Flexpoints to the end of the week. Last night was a Flexpointfest!

Don't worry about having a hard time counting calories. Since your not used to doing it, it can be hard.

Re calories: I've been moping around for days and watching this crazy reality soap on TV called "Starting Over," which I shouldn't be doing, but I am. The women in the house are, well, starting over, reinventing themselves on TV with the help of life coaches, dieticians, etc. One woman is trying to lose weight and I really got something out of the dietician's explanation of how she should come up with 1700 calories using the Food Pyramid. She explained that eating the lower number of servings on the pyramid came out to an approximate 1700, so the woman picked out the servings from each group and they put those amounts out on the cabinet (fake food, of course). They had the food all laid out on the cabinet and the dietician kind of put her arms around it and said, "Guard this, because this is yours." They then divided all the servings into meals, first three meals, then six meals, then pulled out some of the vege servings for snacks. The dietician told the woman it didn't matter how she divided up the food or when she ate it, it was all hers. She could eat it all at once if she wanted.

Dunno, that illustration of the food pyramid really made a lot of sense to me. I'm always doing these things on computer and even when I used to see a nutritionist, she used a computer and printed out words. Seeing all the food that is in 1700 calories and how you could eat that amount by eating all the lower number of servings on the pyramid was really cool.

Rambling.

Punkin, thou art a jewel!!! But methinks it is too late, as they've already charged my credit card. They don't send passes to the local centers. I was told the Arizona chapter is a franchise and not owned by WW. I also told them those calculators were on sale on Ebay and they said WW is suing those people and if I wanted to get involved in a lawsuit, go ahead and buy one! Sheesh! This is such a bad way to do business. I really like WW's products and want to buy them, but this is silly. Anyhow, I've told my friend who is doing this also that I'd give her the new books and materials, but keep the new calculator. She has my old points calculator and seems happy with that but this new one has become a focal point for me.

Zadie, Ceara!

To all,

Last edited by Amarantha2; 09-16-2003 at 09:00 PM.
Closed Thread