End of Daylight Savings Challenge 8/31-10/26 - Page 14 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 07:14 AM   #196  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Thumbs down Fab Friday!

Punkin does the

OK...QOD...a church bored meeting....you know you'd think because we are all members of the same group and the group is a church that WE'D GET AlONG!!!! NADA. And as the bored chair I referee the meetings....I guess I was stressed before I got there, but most people behaved themselves...I think it is the potential.

Ok....gotta go...but will be back shortly jazz band practice for DS

Ceara
Old 09-12-2003, 08:28 AM   #197  
the sword bearer

Talking I'm B-A-C-K!

There...child is at band.

Down another pound this a.m. Considering how the scale bounced around last week with the TOM I feel it should...Jeez it is hard to stay OP when the scale doesn't back you up...but goes up!!!!! I think everything I drank stayed with me....have been making many trips to the WC this week.

Kaylets I hate that parched feeling....and water just doesn't seem to relieve it....but at least you can breathe and your nose doesn't do that drippy thing! But, don't try and sing after taking some of those....man...serious probs!

Tomorrow is the of soccer's second practice...do us proud girl! I hope it will be easier this week for you. All those newly awakened muscles..........

Have to walk first, then brekkie...then bath the heathen, pack for me, her and the show....and take my aged (emphasis on -ed) grandmother out for lunch...which means I need to take out the crates and put in a seat in the van....don't think she is agile enough anymore to be crammed in a crate Besides it doesn't fit her station in life....She be 94 or 5!!!!!!!

So I need to haul my keister....have a great week end ladies and I will be sending out and and to Y'all.

Ceara...much less
Old 09-12-2003, 08:50 AM   #198  
Empress/Queen

WAY OFF TOPIC! Yowza! I have an answer to QOD: What stressed me out most this week was visiting Paypal for the first time ever and trying to register and being told my primary email was already associated with an account! Since no one has any access to my email but me, I assumed "fraud" and tried to report it to Paypal. There seems to be no way to do this. They have a "reporting" process online, but the screens freeze. There's no real email address or phone number. When I do a Goggle search, I just get lots of anti-Paypal sites with complaints but no help. I finally reported it to my ISP, which will be NO help, if experience holds true.

Actually, this is rather ON topic, as I was trying to buy a second Flexpoint calculator on eBay, which I have likewise never used.

Dunno what to think about this, but it definitely stresses me out.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:04 AM   #199  
Momma Frog

Good Morning Ladies!

Good news: I now weigh 201! Only 3 lbs to my goal for the challenge. I hope I will be able to surpass it.

Bad news: I'M SICK!!!!!!!!! Whole body hurts. Hot sweats, cold chills, soar throat, eyeballs even hurt. So I am working at home today. Probebly will get some flack for it but whatever.

Ceara-congratulations on the lb. down!! Good job.

I should be here several times today since I am at home.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:12 AM   #200  

quick fly on to computer and then out with his nibs the dog.

QOD I can't sign onto the forum at work as they have trackers to alert them when you're on the internet more than a couple of minutes

Been the gym again ran more at a higher speed today, see if that jolts me down a bit more

CONGRATULATIONS to all the losers..

Yes I used the freakin **** today at work about a co-worker!!! I'm am so impressed with that phrase - it'll wear off!

Empress do you never sleep?? I see your posts and thank you for my PM and they're all early in the morning or is it the time difference? hmm have to look at it in more detail.

Camping oh Bo Beena I am sooo jealous we have a small (and I mean small) campervan which we use a lot, but this weekend is not going to be one of them - I could live in it I love it that much. That's what cost me the money Frogger I would sell my soul to keep it running!

To all you ill people with sore throats/dry throats my mother microwaves a glass of lemonade and drinks that with 2 paracetemols works for her. Hope you all feel better soon

I've just timed myself typing this and it's taken me 10 minutes so no way would I get away with it at work and I'm a touch typist!

Right over and out with the dog

If I don't get back on later have a good FRIDAY! (I will be the pub will not get me)

Dee
Old 09-12-2003, 10:34 AM   #201  
the sword bearer

Default Yo Yo-yo!

Yes don't let the pub get you.....empty calories you know.
Also be careful there...that is how those witches in Pendle got into trouble....selling their souls...watch out for the dog!

Ceara
Old 09-12-2003, 12:48 PM   #202  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy Friday!!

WHAT a week!!!!! Yesterday ended with a nuclear explosion of my temper - I've had *enough*. I'm tired, stressed, working 50 hour weeks, I've had insomnia for a month, headaches, AAARGH!...
Thank goodness it's Friday, I don't think I can squeeze out another day of being polite.

Kaylets, I hope you're able to veg over the weekend and feel better!

Frogger, congrats on the loss! You get better soon too! No workin' this weekend! Rest, sleep, be a bum, get better!

Eydie, the ritual was great... we all brought a piece of fruit or vegetable and buried them in a harvest basket. All of us said a little something that we were grateful for - and a blessing for one of the ladies who was moving out of the country. We had homemade incense and topped it all off with loganberry wine and bread with fruit and nuts . It was really moving - all of us sitting in this little canyon, with bats swooping around, one of the ladies with a beautiful voice did some singing and that huge moon - that looked so close that you could touch it. Really amazing time...
(oh, and your moon is the same as the one I see too?? - interesting.... )

Ceara, thank you for the invite to be an honorary Canadian! I'm gonna start calling ham "bacon" now... Do you know what WNO means??

Amarantha, it's just WRONG of them to put Krispy Kremes in the stores! You know, I don't even crave them, but I had a dream last night that someone brought in 4 dozen donuts to work - 2 of them being KK's. Now, there's only me in the office.... maybe it's a good thing I woke up before I saw what I was going to do with all that food!!

YoYoDee, trackers on your computer!?!?!? Maaaaan.... that's awful! Well, I guess it would force you to actually *work* if your job didn't require being online... but still, sheesh! No surfing during lunch or breaks? I'd have withdrawl. BTW, what's a paracetemol?

Guess I should scootle. Just had a call from the Bo-Beena, she and her clan are heading out to camper-land with our other friend and hers. Sounds like she had a good loss this week too though!

Toodles for now!
Terri
Old 09-12-2003, 07:45 PM   #203  
Hot Stuff

Bonjour mes amies! Pardon-moi...I have been drinking french wine... DH took me out for dinner and it's the first glass of wine I've had in MONTHS!

Yo-Yo Dee, very sorry to take you by surprise...hope the keyboard didn't suffer from the coffee. People used to ask me where I worked and I'd always reply "for the ****s" because the company I work for is a bit demanding of one's life ( you hand it over at the door on your first day and never get it back). Finally one friend who is sharp as a tack replied, "Oh, the Oakville ****s...yes, know them well..." and continued on with his conversation. Now tell me, where do you work that you are so lucky to be able to take your doggie with you sometimes?

Punkin, your celebration sounds lovely. The harvest moon has always been my favorite. Humbling to stand in the same spot as that early man/woman who created those paintings, no? All this "my moon is the same as your moon" made me think of the song "Somewhere Out There"....anytime I hear it I get a little melancholy thinking of an old friend, but now I'm going to smile knowing we are all under the same bright moon.

Amarantha, I heard about the restructuring of the pyramid, too. Makes sense to me!

Oh, better go watch that movie with DH....I gave him **** last night for not doing anything with me anymore, only playing his Everquest game every night, and now he's using it against me because I'm sitting here and he wants to start the DVD. Men!

Catch up later...
Old 09-12-2003, 08:16 PM   #204  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Can I just VENT? Having a really ticked off day, what with one thing and another, but intend to forget it and have a POSITIVE, ON PROGRAM kind of evening.

Tried to buy another one of those Flexpoints calculators from the WW "at-home" people, who told me I could go into the local franchise and just buy it because WW only had the kits at $99. The local franchise, though, said I'd have to join to purchase anything. Finally ended up calling WW back and buying the whole kit just to get the calculator. What a ridiculous way to do business.

That was just the first of many annoying incidents of the day, including one related to employers. Grrrr. I'd relate the stupid incident to you (speaking of employers demanding of one's life) but if one of them should happen to be lurking, which is possible, it'd be too identifiable.

Punkin, your ceremony sounds lovely! I wish I had people like that around me here where I live. Too bad I never took that job in Bend.

YoYo! Nope, I never sleep! I'm a journalist.

Punkin, I got so mad at my employers today that I had a KK on the way home. Just barely stayed in points ... get more at midnight and am determined to make it. It was a caramel creme fudge crunch. Actually, it wasn't all that good and it wasn't fresh. Should have simply had an original. Those are reasonable in terms of fat and calories.

Ridiculous day!

I'll think of something more cheerful to say next time!
Old 09-12-2003, 09:41 PM   #205  

Well it was not a good weigh in week for me this week and I'm just getting frustrated. I was up .8 again even though I stayed op and got in some walking and golf. My leader wanted to look at my journal and she called me at home and said to try and increase my protien to 8-10 pt a day for the rest of this week. I'm usually at about 8 pts of protien. She said that if that doesn't work they may just set me at goal now because I have be fighting the same 10 lbs since Jan. They feel perhaps Im as far as my body will allow and that maybe if I go on to maintance it may relax my body a bit and perhaps it will go down again. I am a little disheartened by that because I really wanted to reach my goal but so many people have been telling me they think I will be too thin if I lose more. I try not to listen to them and just keep at it.
I feel like I may feel like a failure but then I look at what I have done up til now I have gone from a size 24 pants to a 14. A size 44 shirt to a medium and from a 5xl underwear to wearing a thong ( sorry a little more then you needed to hear) at any rate I should just be happy with what I have done. I carry my weight very different no one realizes that I still weigh over 180 when they look at me they always guess 140-150 now.
Sorry for whining Im just feel sorry for myself because I have a terrible cold and feel miserable and I have to go to work again tomorrow, I think I will go for a short day. I have a tour of the facility to do at 12 so I think I will work 10-2. If I had known I was going to get so sick with this cold I never would have decided to go in. Sounds like the season for sickness by what I have been reading. I had better go before I give my virus to my computer. HaHa. Hope everyone feels better real soon and I hope you all enjoy your weekend.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:48 PM   #206  

So sorry, Empress, that your today was about as bad as my yesterday. And your yesterday as well, Punkin. I woke up a bit weepy yesterday and figured I was coming to meltdown mode but like a doofus went on with my plans for the day. I SHOULD have given me a day off or done something fun. Instead I start out doing stuff to settle up DMs affairs. And things kept going wrong, etc. I came home at one point and lost it a bit and DH tries to help but it's one of those things he's just not great at (or maybe nothing would have helped). To add insult to injury, my "official" weigh in yesterday was up .2 lb.

Today went much better. First, weighed in and was down a lb from last week and at my next to lowest ever (and I think the lowest was probably a figment of my imagination). Then we headed up to Mom's to do some more business, go through the house and then to the cemetery where I finally had a little cry and now think I'm ready to proceed. I feel much better tonight. Another thing that will help is tht I'm about at the end of my allergy season and this week is traditionally my worst week of the year. Every year I plan to take the end of August and beginning of September easy and every year something happens that that's not posible.

Anyway, when the allergy season passes, I usually feel "reborn" and like a whole new person. Which works out nicely as it usually coincides with my birthday and I've always felt it's my best time of year. So hopefully, my posts will be more positive than yesterday's was.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:59 PM   #207  

On QOD, see previous post.

Empress, you are making me hungry for KKs. Fortunately, there are not a lot of them around here. A few stores now carry the packaged ones. I fell in love with them in FL a few years ago but have managed to keep my consumption of them minimal because the ones I've seen here don't seem to compare to the originals I had down south. Bless my geography!

Punkin, your ritual sounds so interesting. I love cosmic connections. Mr. Full Moon refuses to be ignored here as I see him rising from my family room window. When I close those drapes, he's still peeking through the windows by my front door coaxing me to come out and enjoy him. Which I've done a lot.

Our weather is nice and cool here today giving me hope of fall weather which I also love. Am getting anxious to go out and buy some new clothes. Not many but enough to rev my engine a bit.

Dollar, you've done so well. Don't be disappointed. It actually sounds so reasonable. And maybe you just need some time to adjust a bit and then you can decide if you want to try for a bit more.

Umm, wine, Wildfire! Sounds like you had a fun evening.

Anyway, fresh start again tomorrow whether I need it or not!
Old 09-12-2003, 11:23 PM   #208  

Darned if I didn't just lose another post. Fortunately it was a short one. Seem to be having a lot of trouble tonight on the site. Very slow - unusual.

Anyway, I had another letter today from the first proselytizer (to whom I had responded expressing my annoyance). I'm following the advice of the "Losers" and refusing it and asking it be returned to sender. I thought it MIGHT contain an apology but figured it was probably the same as the first, a dupe or something similar. Whatever, I've had enough of it and he's had enough of my time.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:58 AM   #209  
deleted2

Punkin, thanks for sharing some details about the ritual. It's been sooo long since I've done something like that with a group.

Ceara, congrats on the lost pound that will never find its way back. When you used the charming phrase, 'haul my keister' it reminded me of when I met a gentleman whose first name was unfortunately 'Keister'. Made me giggle!

? of the Day: I was most stressed this week when I was asked to prepare lunch for a group but no one was really sure how many were going to show up. My biggest fear is not having enough--always! But as always it turned out just fine.

Wildfire, you were my inspiration yesterday! I had to cook for an all-day retreat. I had to be there at the crack of dawn to do breakfast and didn't get to leave until 5:00. In the middle of the day I decided to do a Wildfire walk--it was great!

Dollar, you've come so far!

Amarantha, Here's to better days!

Anagram, I'd love to hear that you've taken a day for yourself. I think about your magickal patio at times and think that I should really have my coffee out on the deck where it's green and peaceful. Let's both do that today!

Have a great day, everybody!

Old 09-13-2003, 08:44 AM   #210  
Empress/Queen

Talking Yo, yo, yo and YO!

Yo! My intentions for the day are to HAVE A MUCH NICER TIME! Last night went off Flexpoints for the first time. Still hoping for a decent weigh-in, but could take another week for that. Still committed to this program.

Dollar: You have every right to want to stick to your own goal, IMO, and not substitute anyone else's judgement for your own (in my Dr. Phil voice), even if they be your WW leaders or people who tell you you'll be too thin! It might be good to just maintain awhile to let thy body kind of stabilize, though, as you've done a fantastic job and likely your body is just catching up on the status quo. Methinks adding protein (and maybe some healthy fat) could help, but your experience of having a hard time losing after reaching a certain point is normal, IMO. I've struggled with this for years and the Flexpoints is the only light I've seen at the end of the tunnel in a long time (as I hopefully await a good weigh-in! ) You're just amazing in your accomplishment, so don't worry, the rest'll come.

Anagramatic: Ya know, I'm beginning to think thou be right re the KKs ... they don't measure up to the old days (as I date myself here). They aren't worth the calories ... the one I had yesterday set me up for going off program after having a bad day and I'm still mad at the same people I was mad at before I had the mini-binge.

SO, I AM HEREWITH DECLARING A BAN ON KRISPY KREMES IN THE LAND OF AMARANTHA THE BEAUTIFUL UNTIL THE END O' DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!!!! NO EVIL KKS WILL POLLUTE THE TEMPLE O' AMARANTHA'S BODY UNTIL THAT DATE! ANY EVIL KKS THAT SHOW UP AT THE FITNESS SPA/PALACE WHEREIN AMARANTHA NOW RESIDETH WILL BE SENT PACKING FORTHWITH! ~ THE ROYAL SCRIBE SHALL COUNT THE EMPRESS' KK-LESS DAYS ON THIS CHALLENGE!!!! SO BE IT! 'Ok, KK, go away, Amarantha dun wanna play! Yay!

Also, Anagram, since I'm in an evil advice-giving mode (sorry), I have to tell ya that I think you need to report the proselytizers to the police. Notes coming to you after you've indicated you don't want to receive them are against the law. These arrogant people need to get the message. I am so sorry they are making your period of mourning more difficult.

Eydie: Thy job soundeth stressful but still wonderful. It must be so great to be able to cook. I am a terrible cook and only I eat my own cooking, and not that often!

KRISPY KREME NOT CHALLENGE: Day 1

Last edited by Amarantha2; 09-13-2003 at 08:48 AM.
Closed Thread