Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 06:50 PM   #391  
Empress/Queen

Ok, I'm MAD now! I don't know what TMI stands for! Does this mean I am hopelessly out of the loop of the modern world and desperately needing a life? Does everyone else in the whole universe know what this stands for and I don't? Please advise! Thank you!

Om shanti, Cerise! I have missed thee ... thought that was you staring into space whilst I was staring into space!

Frogger: Sorry about thy knee! As I have no life of my own, I shan't give advice on thy other issue o' the forgetful dh!

Punkin: Thankee!!! Looking forward to receiving that item!!!

Kaylets: If I waited for people to approach me, I'd sit in the house all day and have no friends at all ... oh, wait ... that is what I do ...

Later ...
Old 09-29-2003, 07:18 PM   #392  
Spreadin' the luv.

Calm Thyself: Too Much Information

So, what does NSV mean? And what does DH actually STAND for? Dear Husband?
Old 09-29-2003, 08:21 PM   #393  
deleted2

Dang, is it warm in here, or is it just me?

Old 09-29-2003, 11:25 PM   #394  
Empress/Queen

Oh!

nsv = nilim staturis venetar

dh = dang hubby
Old 09-30-2003, 06:47 AM   #395  

Yes its warm in here, it IS not a Hot Flash....

Non Scale Victory-- EG- resisting something yummy, catching a look of yourself and LIKING what you see, etc etc

DH- I believe it's supposd to be Dear Husband but I always read it as "Dear Heart" but DBIL is Dear Brother In Law, DD, Dear Daughter---

Well, all, I cannot top yesterday's posts so I will not try--
am also running late again ..... Dear Blue Tick Beagle went to the vet yesterday and now has 2 sets of ear drops, and 2 types of oral medication ( $300 later!) to take-- Very bad yeast infection might be caused by Hyperthyroidism...... blood work due back today....
--------------

Today's thought of the day :

"You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist"

Indira Ghandi

Question of the day :

....... I'm looking for a question of the day....any ideas??

------------------

Take care all!
Old 09-30-2003, 07:47 AM   #396  
Momma Frog

So I guess he was just pulling my leg. My shy hunka man!
He's so sweet. Built us all our very first fire in the fireplace of our new house. It sure was cold enough for one. Nice and toasty by the fire!

Head's a little stopped up today. Must be the weather change. Knee is feeling a bit better this morning as well. But I still can't go down stairs without having to go sideways.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:32 AM   #397  
Is it Friday yet?

Mornin' all...

Frogger, you take care of that knee! If you have to crab-walk down the stairs, that's probably what it needs. You *do* have a sweetie in your midst - he made you a fire....

Kaylets, my mom's got a dog that's allergic to *everything* (even pet dander - go figure) so I can relate. Hopefully your pup's diagnosis will come back with some news and he can be treated and happy!

Well all, I'm going to be gone for a few days. I have to make an unexpected trip to Bo-Beena's in CA. Our girlfriend lost her son last night after surgery. I'm waiting to hear from Bo as to when the services will be held then I'm leaving - probably tomorrow morning, then back on Friday afternoon (hopefully).

Big hugs,

Terri
Old 09-30-2003, 11:36 AM   #398  
Empress/Queen

Punkin, please express our sympathies to Bo-Beena. That is very sad.

Kaylets, sorry thy canine be ailing. Hope he/she perks up soon.

Can't think of a QOD!
Old 09-30-2003, 12:11 PM   #399  
Is it Friday yet?

I should probably clarify.... it's not Bo-Beena that lost her son, our friend did. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't think Bo or I have ever mentioned her here before(?). But this friend is a member of our adopted family. I've known her for 5 years and introduced her to Bo-Beena and her clan years ago and we've all been inseparable since. Bo and I both consider her a sister, her husband our brother and her son was as close to our own as he could be.

Sorry again for the bad writing - I re-read it and it threw me off too!

Terri
Old 09-30-2003, 02:28 PM   #400  

DH is dear husband to me, except on rare occasions when dang or even sometimes dumb gets in there depending on day's actions.

Condolences, Punkin, on the tragic loss of your friend's (and yours and BoBeens'a) son. Terrible.

Ouchie on the knee, Frogger. Sore knees make me very empathetic. Hope it heals well and soon.

Empress - I couldn't have said it as well. (NSV)

TMI - well, I was stumped on that one too. Partly because I live 13 miles or so from the infamous Three Mile Island and that's what TMI is to me and I couldn't get past that.

Bad news from IRS yesterday blew our equilibrium for a while. I guess we'll deal. Looks like we'll have to because it seems they're right and we're wrong. All sorts of little things going wrong way, as well. And it's not even full moon. BUT......

My scale was down a pound today, still one pound above my lowest yet (only glimpsed). No applause please - it will likely be back up tomorrow but that's ok. Tried on four outfits today for the wedding - didn't like any BUT THEY FIT! THAT'S PROGRESS, FOLKS.

Pool yesterday was wonderful. Going again tomorrow.

Last edited by anagram; 09-30-2003 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:39 PM   #401  
Empress/Queen

Applause coming your way, anyhow, Anagramatic!!!

Who cares about the ol' IRS when Scale is on our side, huh!!!
Old 09-30-2003, 04:03 PM   #402  
caffeine free!

Hi,
Just quickly stopping by. I am sick today, so I am debating the whole aerobics thing. I may even go home from work early. Although it has been busy and there are pleanty of reassons to stay. Sigh. I would rather be home with warm cats and a warm woodstove. At any rate, back to work
Old 09-30-2003, 04:20 PM   #403  
wsw

Hi all!

Punkin, so sorry to hear about the loss of your and Bo-Beena's friend's son!

Just wanted to check in quickly and say hello to everyone. I didn't do too great over the weekend with my food, but back on track since yesterday. Have kept up with exercising regularly though, no matter what. I'm meeting with a nutritionist tomorrow, to which I'm looking forward. With all the meds. I'm on from MS, etc., I needed some help with a good healthier food plan. Well, take care, all. I have been trying to keep up with your posts even when I can't always post as much as I would like. All the best to you.

wsw
Old 09-30-2003, 05:35 PM   #404  
deleted2

Punkin, so sorry to hear of the loss in your 'family'. Safe journey to you---and hugs to Bo-Beena.

wsw, glad to hear you're keeping up with the exercise. I thought of you today. There's a unique yoga class happening where I work. It's yoga done in chairs, and the teacher mentioned it's great for people with MS. I sat in on the class and by the end I really felt like I'd had a good workout!

zadie k, feel better. Your talk of woodstoves and warm cats gave me a warm 'fall' feeling!

Frogger, when you were first talking about your knee, it made me all 'wince-y'!!! Is it feeling better?

Anagram, Hooray for the pound gone. Boo---hiss to the IRS news!

Today I decided to challenge myself to a vegan day. It's been interesting---'cause I have to think before I eat, which is good, because then I can question if I really want it, etc. Bad thing is I'm craving cheese! Forbidden fruit syndrome, I guess!

Old 09-30-2003, 06:15 PM   #405  

Seems so quiet without our Wood Nymph and Wildfire. And with Ceara gone too albeit temporarily. And Yoyo, where you be? Too early in the week for a pub run.

How's the vegan day going, Eydie? I've never tried one, at least not intentionally though I'm sure I've had days when that was how I ate.

Glad to hear from you, wsw. Always keeping you in mind and hoping things are going well.

Last edited by anagram; 09-30-2003 at 06:17 PM.
Closed Thread