Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 03:45 PM   #286  
caffeine free!

Hi,
I hope everyone has a day that is moving faster than mine. For some reason it is galacial. And it is dark and rainy out so I just want to sleep.

Amarantha - as someone who lived in texas with no air conditioning for a summer, that sounds like a bad weather experience if ever there was one. Any weather that puts you in the hospital counts in my book.

I am thinking of going vegan for a week or so. I just feel a bit too glug, if you know what I mean. Plus it will force me to mix things up a bit eatingwise.

AArrgg. I have to get back to work. Will I never get to do a complete post?
Old 09-18-2003, 04:20 PM   #287  
Empress/Queen

Zadie, if my day were moving any slower, well, I can't think of what it would be like IF my day were moving any slower, that's how slow things are going!

Good idea on the vegan thing. It's very healthy!

No a/c in Texas sounds pretty much what I was trying to convey with my QOD answer!!! Texas is a lot like here. Also, Death Valley is a lot like here, sometimes!!

Gotta work.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:44 PM   #288  

Hello all!

So far, so good....

Left work at 1 pm, got home by 1:30, rain started about 2--
My head and sinuses were pounding so I had a tuna melt and took a nap-- Dogs and DH joined me about an hour later. DH was a real champ this experience, did ALL the shopping, 4 trips to stores -- we have nearly everything we could use --

We have some things cooked and waiting in the fridge- only need a quick warm up or could be eaten cold if need be-- we also have canned tuna and fruit --- and there's always veggie burgers ---
We have 35 gallons of water so we are covered that way too.

Looks like we are just going to catch the "edge" -- Winds about 50 mph and rain--
Almost feel guilty that we are being spared but am still very relieved.

Glad everyone's doing well--
Hi WSW!! Glad to see you on board!!

Think I'll go check the basement....
Old 09-18-2003, 08:34 PM   #289  
Empress/Queen

Glad you are all set, Kaylets! Hope you get some rest for your poor head.

WSW, I forgot to welcome you back to the board again as well. The thread moves fast sometimes and I miss a lot!!! Anyway, welcome!!!

Avanti, all! Finished working for today. Going to post a spa fiesta thingie for the weekend!!!! Huzzah!
Old 09-19-2003, 07:35 AM   #290  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Exclamation A Fly By Postie

Izzie has arrived!...Rain and some wind so far...had to rescue a vole from the poolcover...poor thing.

Am on Day 26....I know! I'm amazed! Now I've gotta watch myself....like a lot of others when I start to succeed I sabotage myself and slide back up....don't wanna do that! Think I'll go read some of Dr. Phil again and boost my motivation.

Have lost 8 lbs on this challenge so far...I know! I've not been in this land since January 2002.....scary! But I feel different this time....I'm not losing for an event...my goal times have nothing connected to them...no special days or anything....I just counted 2 lbs/ week and set them up....arbitrary like...that way I've got no pressure. Maybe that's why I feel better this time!

to all....I'm going shoppin' That is my fiesta challenge for today.

Kaylets, Frogger and Anagram...hope you guys are warm and have power...I suspect not the power part, but keep safe!

Top O' the mornin' to the rest!

Ceara

Old 09-19-2003, 07:56 AM   #291  

Hello all!

We made it thru just fine. Power stuttered a few times last night but I don't think it ever went out- no clocks were flashing this am!

But there are places on the way to work ( and maybe work too) that are without power and traffic lights so I am staying put.

Thought of the day :

"Dig the well before you are thirsty."

Question of the day :

"Could you tell if some replaced your pillow with a new one? Would it bother you?"
--Table Topics

so......what else have I missed....

let me go back and reveiw!
Old 09-19-2003, 08:44 AM   #292  

We seem to have come through pretty well, as well. Moved through pretty fast so not quite as much rain (though plenty). No power outage personally, though a lot around area. Lots of trees down, roads closed. No water in our basement (yet). Lots of big branches down in our yard but no trees (haven't been outside yet - this is an in-house report). More rain, wind still expected but we were on the "right" side of the hurricane. Must go check home of friend who's out of town but I'm not expecting much there either. Need to check our roof, siding yet so fingers crossed.

Kids both in harder hit areas; anxious to get their reports. It's been strange not having to be concerned about Mom and her house during all this. Her house is very old and I would have been worried about her the whole time.

Looks like it might be a "free" day - don't know what I want to do with myself except help clean up the yard once it's dry enough.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:16 AM   #293  
Is it Friday yet?

It's Friday!!!

Fall may not be until Tuesday, but it's rounding the corner at top speed here in Oregon! We had our first overnight freeze last night which pretty much demolished our outside crops. I'm going to pilage the greenhouse for what may be salvageable today - then, *sigh* it's store bought veggies 'til next year.... Whaaaa!

Kaylets, if your lights are out at work does that mean you get to go home???? Good to hear you all made it through the storm in one piece - the news footage was amazing...

Anagram, any report from the kids yet? I know what you mean about it being strange not having to worry about your mom. My Grandma's area was flooded almost every other year by the Napa River. The year after she died the river swelled and they evacuated as usual - not calling to make sure she'd gotten out of her house felt like neglect or something. 4 years later I *still* think of her when the river floods!

Zadie, going vegan for a week sounds like an interesting idea . It would make you shake up your menus... what a great idea! I hope your Friday goes faster than yesterday! It's weekend time!!!!

Amarantha, I don't envy your Arizona weather at ALL! That week I was in Yuma it rained with lightning and was about 80 degrees.... ug! I'm actually starting to look forward to fall, then winter, with snow... I love living somewhere where there's more than 1 1/2 seasons!

Ceara, I'm sure that little vole is happy you saved him (vole's like a little groundhog or mole I assume?). Very cool that you've been OP for so long and are in 'long-since-seen' territory! It only gets bettah from here!!!

Where'd YoYoDee disappear to?? Alert the Bobbies, call Scotland Yard, notify 10 Downing!

Well, I'd better scoot - I was so lazy at work yesterday that I actually napped the last 1/2 hour on the couch in the office....
(don't hate me 'cuz my job is coosh... ).

Terri
Punkin o' Friday - and I do hereby declarth it - FRIDAY!!!!!!
(commence celebrating)
Old 09-19-2003, 12:00 PM   #294  
Spreadin' the luv.

Thumbs down Cerise hath not snuffed it...

Guten morgen, mein lambchens!

I must confess gross neglect of my compadres and apologize. The last week has not been happy on the fitness front. I think Tuesday was my meltdown post, then Wednesday and Thursday I basically ate what and how much I wanted. Strangely, it got quite a lot harder to walk up those hills every day! Huh...

All is not lost, though. I got a tour of the Gold's Gym that is about 3 blocks from our house (permit me a banana - ), loved it (a million jillion elliptical machines and an urban dance class!) and signed Ramon and I up. The last excuse is gone. Even joint pain's not a great excuse anymore, since elliptical machines are supposed to effectively counteract it. We'll see.

Eating's....another story. I don't know what the **** to do about that. The gorey details and psychological run-around are in my Tuesday journal.

Oooh, Punkin, I hope I don't miss the Oregon fall too much this year...your mentioning it made me quite nostalgic. But then, autumn makes me almost fatuously sentimental anyway...I wanna come to your Partylite parties!!! I got Mom this stunning 1 1/2 foot-long black pillar holder, all curvy and spiky. And I have that cool cream-colored Asian-looking candle arrangement platter (rectangular) and a smaller brown one. Love that stuff...

Anagram, your kids know to contact you promptly, right? I hope your neighbor didn't get too much damage, or you, either! You, too, Kaylets. I'm so glad you guys are OK.

Ceara, dang it, you're so sweet! Rescuing a vole! I'm so proud of you. Not to mention your eternity OP. I can't even begin to imagine what you're doing to motivate yourself. You've made it such an ingrained habit now, I'd be surprised if you did backslide. That'd be an abberration. You're the OP , baby!

Zadie, did your day ever end? Who knows, maybe it's still yesterday in MN. I think vegan's a great idea. I'm trying to slowly move that way myself. **she says while furtively eyeing the two hard-boiled eggs in her bag**

WSW, I'm so glad to see you! Read you - whatever. Thinking about you often...

Arabella, did you have fun on the beach - wait - are you on the East Coast? I'm confused... Anyway, try to get some more sand in your crevices this weekend for me, OK?

Eydie, new clothes!! I hate buying clothes, and not just because I keep looking into the mirror expecting to see a Ford model...Hope the experience is better for you. Wish I could sort out my voices. Well, not like that - I'm not schizophrenic or anything **hasty laugh**. I like hearing that you're wise to your sabotage voice, though. There's hope for us all.

So much of growing up is about surrender, I feel. Yes, I'm 28 and only just now contemplating growing up, yes. Anyway, my soccer experience is so much better now than it was that one season in college, even though I'm in the worst shape of my life and I'm getting little positive reinforcement on the field (at home is a different story - my family is all aglow with my bravery , and you guys are too wonderful for words). It's so much better because I've given up trying to "look cool" and feeling devastated after a clumsy move, and I've given up thinking I'm a bada$$ soccer player whom no one must correct (and subsequent bewilderment and pain when I find out that I'm not all that great. On a regular basis). Giving up those silly beliefs and just playing soccer to have fun and get really good and improve my health have changed the game for me, and changed my life.

over. Have a wonderful weekend, me hearties!

Amarantha, see you at the fiesta thread!
Old 09-19-2003, 12:01 PM   #295  
deleted2

Just a quickie----we have no electricity [for 20 hours!] but our generator's running and I HAD to check in!

Anagram, I have that same vague fear that you have about losing more weight. I don't undestand it, but I've got it!

zadie k, I've been thinking about having 2 vegan days per week. Sometimes it seems like I depend on dairy too much.

Gotta cut this short, it's time to switch the generator over to the refrigerator so all out appliances have their turn!

Old 09-19-2003, 01:13 PM   #296  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Crabby, immature, selfish me-me-me post: I am OUT of sorts today. This is just the thing that tends to send me into an off-P tailspin before I even figure out what's going on. I KNOW what the problem is, and it's a perennial one for me: compromising my needs/wants, resenting the **** out of it, and then feeding myself comfort food to make up for it.

DGS's mom offered to take me out to dinner, long ago, in celebration of my birthday. She had not managed to get me a gift and said she really wanted to, because I do so much for her, she felt terrible, etc.

I said "Take-out Chinese and a video would be fine with me." and we decided to do it while DH was away. We were having trouble scheduling and when she asked if I could do it last night, I said I could, even though I REALLY wanted (Nay, needed!) to go to tai chi.

Then she called and asked if I could baby-sit for a half-hour before hand. I said I could. Of course, she was late.
Turned up with a bag of popcorn, said she'd already eaten. We ended up watching reruns on TV, I had popcorn for dinner, etc.

I felt HUGELY resentful. I think she forgot (since it had been such a long time) that the event was supposedly for a birthday celebration for me. And then, I think she may have just thought it was way past dinner time, so maybe that wasn't part of the plan.

But I ended up feeling really under-appreciated. Next time, I'll just do what I WANT to do! Right?
Old 09-19-2003, 01:16 PM   #297  

Eydie - I'm hoping "outing" that fear will help me overcome it. I'm not quite as happy with where I am as I had been when I first got there. It's not about buying new clothes - I'm ready to do that but really had expected that by fall they'd be a size smaller. This way I've made sure I still have some I can wear but that wasn't my goal.

Both kids are without power - both near DC - one north, one slightly west. DD said she might come up if things look bleak for a while. I think she's going to give it today though. With the two little princesses, I'd rather she did. Easier to keep them fed, bathed, etc. DS didn't want to think about it yet. Said his area may take up to a week but he saw a truck in his neighborhood so is slightly optimistic. No other damage (other than lots of branches down in his yard as well).

Glad you have the generator, Eydie. Good to hear from you in the midst of "crisis".

Well, think I'll go wash down my front door and put up a scarecrow and get in the spirit. It's getting to be fall time. And, like the o' Friday, I'm a fall kind of girl.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:31 PM   #298  

Wood Nymph, next time you'd BETTER do what you want! But I know how hard that cyle of repressing our own desires/needs can be. I don't think you're the immature one (venting is good) but DGSs mother certainly seems to be. One thing I'll say in her favor is that at least she had previously acknowledged how much you do for her. It helps a bit. I think I'd bring up the non-dinner part by mentioning that you're available XXX night to go out to celebrate your birthday dinner if that suits her. It won't, of course, but you'll be putting it back on the table. Or perhaps more like I'd do, mention a nice or new little place and say, maybe that will work when we get to go out to celebrate.

I'm saying more than ever but it's still not probably where it should be. But popcorn for dinner doesn't cut it. Esp. when you gave up tai chi. Only thing you won on that one was the company of DGS (priceless, I know).
Old 09-19-2003, 02:22 PM   #299  
caffeine free!

Hello,
I am late to post yet again. It has been an okish day, but yesterday I totally broke the bank caloriewise. Thai food. Sigh.

I am going to start vegan week on Saturday. Then on Monday I start aerobics. I have never done aerobics before and need to go out and get some exercise clothing (up till now it has been walking and biking for me which I do in street cloths). I have some exercise clothing from about 8 years ago but that is from when I ran and was about 35 pounds smaller. I should just get rid of that stuff, but I just hand on to everything.

I am gald to hear that everyone came through the hurricane in fine form. Hope the electricity kicks back in soon for y'all and various loved ones.

arabella - I am sso sorry your day did not work out the way youo wanted. it is so hard to find the balance between accomidating and miserable. but next time tai chi wins!

Cerise - congrats on joining the gym. I hear ya on exercise being better when you do not feel so much preasure to appear a certain way and you can just have fun. I am definately going to shop for exercise togs with an eye toward comfort as opposed to years ago when it would have been an eye toward cuteness. I have decided that instead of a sign of age it is a sign of not being suck a dork.

yar and avast: did y'all know it is international talk like a pirate day?

well, the scurvy dogs at work demand that i skuttle this post for now.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:22 PM   #300  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Shiver me timbers! So 'tis! Avast ye landlubbers!

Also DGS's second birthday, although we're celebrating tomorrow.
Closed Thread