Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-27-2016, 03:33 PM   #391  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Wow, you really do blink on here and you are 2 pages behind.

My apologies for no personals, but I would be here for hours writing it all up. Instead I hope that those who had a little too much, get back on track and remember that it was only one or two days, time to make he rest of the week much better to compensate. Those who have had a loss, well done!! fantastic!!

My Gran yesterday bought me a kettle bell for Christmas and gave me it early so that I can get some workouts in before Christmas I am soo happy that my family will buy things that will invest in my future and health. I also bought my Mum a Fitbit Flex for Xmas so that she can keep an eye on her steps and calorie burn. I am very happy just now and hope that I can get as much of this first 50lbs stretch off before Christmas Day. Only got 10.2lbs still to go!!
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:44 PM   #392  

Good evening everyone, hope you all had a nice day.

Sychgirl Thanks for that tip! Sounds good, yummy actually. I hope that your DH is feeling better.

Scotsgal That is so nice and for getting your mom a fitbit bracelet too! I have exercise stuff on my wishlist too. I need an exercise mat and I will be looking into some DVD's. Rooting for you on your desired loss by Christmas, we have 4 more weeks to go!

We just got back home. I had an early lunch and we went for a half hour walk and then to some stores and then grocery shopping so I was out and about which is good and we stopped in for one of those yummy cappuccino's at the café.

I am changing the menu from breakfast night to roast chicken! We both wanted one, they look so good! Tomorrow night will be beef night and breakfast night will most likely be Wed.

I exercised 4x this week, the 1 mile vid, the 2mile vid and 2 outdoor walks. Goal for next week is do the tape more, as much as I just love the outdoor walks I like the upper body workout from those other ones and I really need that too. Going to eat with a good appetite tonight! Roast chicken, some nice greens with a new balsamic vinigraitte I picked up to try, and broccoli.

Hmmm, hungry early, going to have those greens right now and then a bit later on the rest. I will check back in tomorrow.

Diana, I so agree on what you said about posting the menu etc. The 2 days I did not I found myself losing focus a bit, it really helps! Also, if I think too far in advance I seem to lose focus.....I always have an idea of the dinners but am focusing on just that day. Have a great night everyone, I will check back in tomorrow.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:08 PM   #393  

Hi ladies,

Thank you all so much for your well wishes. I am better today, I was about to give up hope. I am taking my antibiotics every 8 hours like prescribed. I still need my vicodin, it doesn't totally take away the pain but it does help. I am still having to smash my food up to eat. I made a baked potato for supper.

I have a ton to do this coming week, it's quite overwhelming. It's mostly to do with kitchen. I'm frustrated that I have not made more progress than I have. I feel like throwing something.

I did go on sparkpeople and look up exercise videos for beginners, like me. I picked some beginner yoga, beginner pilates, some stretching videos, and a few others. I am excited, I have never done yoga or pilates, really looking forward to it.

Have a great Sunday night. Much love to you all.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:14 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 96/ticker/65

Height: 160cm

Hello all!

New to this site, so still finding my way around; thought this looked like a great thread

It's been quite a nice day so far; enjoyed my Jenny Craig breakfast (some kind of berry muffin cup) and feel energized enough to get to doing my workout.

Definitely find it more of a challenge to stick with exercise plans in summer; Australian heat + no air con = ample opportunity for procrastination

But I really don't want to stop doing it because it's so easy to keep putting it off... *is thankful for the standing fan *

So, hoping posting here will keep me a little more accountable. Better grab my water bottle and pull up one of my favorite youtube workouts

I hope you are all having a nice day!
HanneCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:45 PM   #395  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

A quick one for me.

HanneCat Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Total Approx 1450 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )

Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (700 calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700

Dinner (490 calories)
parfait made with Greek vanilla yogurt w/blueberries 250 calories
2 very large apples 240 calories

Exercise
5 Miles w/Leslie Sansone
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 01:10 AM   #396  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Calories today: 1654
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:38 AM   #397  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Good morning.

I don't get on the computer very much when I'm visiting home. I'm back in this icky city now haha!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Of course I did have pie and wine over the break, but my weight was still maintained (as usual; no matter what I do)
I also did my workouts, PiYo Drench (x2), PiYo Core, and instead of doing T25, I went to a fitness class Thanksgiving morning, it was tabata-like training for about an hour. BOY was I sore the next couple days!!

Today's workout: T25 Upper Focus (hopefully I don't need dumbbells for this one; If I do, I'll do a different one until I get my dumbbells)

Breakfast:
Choc Shakeo w/ banana, spinach, and coffeeeee all blended together!

Lunch:
Veggies and dip (The dip is plain greek yogurt with ranch seasoning mixed in), as well as some rice chips and a cottage double (strawberry flavor)

Snack:
Coffee, Apple & PB

Dinner:
Taco Salad (Turkey taco meat over a bed of greens w/ tomatoes, salsa and some rice chips for some crunch!)

Have a productive monday everyone!

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 11-28-2016 at 02:33 PM.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:10 AM   #398  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Good Morning Everyone from Across the Pond in Scotland

This morning I have hit a nice new low of 283.2 I am only .2 away from 40lbs off, but it means that I have 10lbs to lose before the end of the year (or my plan was to of lost it before Xmas Day so that I could maintain for an extra week). Due to this, I now have incorporated a 10 minute kettlebell workout in the morning, which wasn't so bad this morning. Today I also need to do a lot of vacuuming so that will be a nice extra workout as well as wrapping my Black Friday deals for Christmas Presents, and I am sure we are all aware of the sweat we can create while wrestling wrapping paper.... or is that just me?

hope everyone is doing well?

WeekendBoater Well thank you! My dad is getting me a FitBit Charge 2 for Christmas, and because I live with my mum just the two of us in the house, I wanted to be able to give her something to keep her accountable. The Charge would be too complicated for her, plus I got it for like $45. Well done on your exercises this week, how long are your outdoor walks?

HanneCat Welcome!! I understand not wanting to work in the heat, I used to work in NY at a kids camp and some days it was just soo hot that even the kids wanted to lay in the shade under a tree instead of play football or workout in the heat. I think a nice aircon Gym or homeworkouts will be fine maybe a nighttime run? when the weather is cooler? Goodluck!

Emily Well Done on the workouts over the holiday, that's some dedication right there keep it up!
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:04 AM   #399  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning, someone (Moi ) overslept. I must have turned the sound down on my alarm clock over the Thanksgiving vacay)

Calories for yesterday: 1450 +
Weigh In: 174.6
I am still up 1 pound from my pre-Thanksgiving weigh in

Have a great day and start to your week!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:34 AM   #400  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies.

My plans to be good over the holiday fell through. I didn't eat a ridiculous amount, but I was so busy I didn't get to exercise at all, but I did end up with over 10K steps on Thursday. Then on Friday I came down with something, and I've been sick ever since. So not eating very good, mainly big bowls of rice, because it is nice and bland, plus easy to cook. I did finally do a BBB workout last night, but I'm at work now, and feeling nauseated again, so I may have set myself back. I'm going to keep my calories low today, and take a nap when I get home, and hopefully I'll be able to pull through tonight's workout as well, even if I take it down a notch. I hate the way my body feels it needs to get sick over holidays. I'm also currently up in weight, but that is probably mostly due to impending TOM then over eating.

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts or do personals, but I hope y'all are all doing well.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:48 AM   #401  

S/C/G: 96/ticker/65

Height: 160cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsgal View Post
Good Morning Everyone from Across the Pond in Scotland

This morning I have hit a nice new low of 283.2 I am only .2 away from 40lbs off, but it means that I have 10lbs to lose before the end of the year (or my plan was to of lost it before Xmas Day so that I could maintain for an extra week). Due to this, I now have incorporated a 10 minute kettlebell workout in the morning, which wasn't so bad this morning. Today I also need to do a lot of vacuuming so that will be a nice extra workout as well as wrapping my Black Friday deals for Christmas Presents, and I am sure we are all aware of the sweat we can create while wrestling wrapping paper.... or is that just me?

hope everyone is doing well?
[snip]

HanneCat Welcome!! I understand not wanting to work in the heat, I used to work in NY at a kids camp and some days it was just soo hot that even the kids wanted to lay in the shade under a tree instead of play football or workout in the heat. I think a nice aircon Gym or homeworkouts will be fine maybe a nighttime run? when the weather is cooler? Goodluck!
Congrats on the loss!

I've been vaguely interested in a kettlebell but unsure if it would be a worthwhile investment...maybe I'll stick with what I'm doing and if I started getting bored try it out

Ooh, yes the heat can really put a damper on active plans! I was very thankful for my standing fan because it got me through my earlier half hour workout today, and when I did an extra hour and a half late tonight because I felt bad about binging for the first time in awhile, it made it so much nicer!

Hopefully, gone are the summers when I would do nothing but sit on the couch. If I'm going to be hot and sweaty anyway, I may as well burn calories while I'm at it, I suppose

I'd still take air-con over it any day, but I guess I'll take what I can get

Diana3271 - Thanks for the welcome

EmilyLarnder - I learned a new word today; never heard of tabata training. Familiar with HIIT but that was a new one Hope you have a nice, productive day yourself.

MonteCristo - Sorry to hear you are unwell I hope that you feel better very soon
HanneCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:16 AM   #402  

S/C/G: 175/174/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi all I have been terrible about posting. I wasn't even going to get on today but I am glad I did.I feel no judgment here. I started 10/31/2016 on low carb low sugar 110 carbs a day and around 35 natural sugars,clean eating.I did it for 19 days and only lost 5-6lbs I then had 2 binge days and cant get back on track. I am back up to 174lbs today and am stressing because am going to my yearly gyne apt today and they always weigh me.
merowi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 02:32 PM   #403  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

HanneCat - It was pretty much HIIT Training. A lot of strength exercises that incorporated a lot of cardio. I definitely want to go back!
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 02:33 PM   #404  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 10/28/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today!

Nancy - Hang in there... You will see results soon!

GettinFit - Great job on your eating and exercise! Hope you have a great time on your cruise!

Weekend - Yes, I do sing when I go out to karaoke. I've been singing since about 2000. I find it to be a great creative and therapeutic outlet for me. Hope you get your walk in despite your foot and that your weather improves.

Helianthus - WTG getting back on plan!

Syckgirls- Sorry your DH isn't feeling well. Hope he feels better soon. The oodles sound amazing!

Diana - Good job on your cals and stretching! Hope that pound comes off soon...I am sure it will.

HanneCat - Hi and welcome! Hope you find lots of support her and good luck with your weight loss goals.

Monte - Hope you feel better soon.

Lisa - I hope your mouth feels better soon.

Emily - Great job maintaining over the holiday!

Scotsgal - Congrats on your new low! Good luck with your Christmas goal. You can do it! My goal is to get back to Onderland by January 1. I was as low as 198 in mid-October and have been struggling since then.

Merowi - Good to see you...I'm glad you checked in!

Greetings and support to everyone I missed!

Saturday and Sunday - After doing so well on Thanksgiving and the day after, I went over daily calorie goals on both days, but logged everything in MFP.

Today - WI 205.8, up 2.2 for the month. I am expecting TTOM any day now. I don't like having TOM at the end of the month because it throws off my end-of-month weigh-ins. At least that's what I tell myself. I blame it on that, rather than the binging. .

Plan for today - Total calories 1,461; carb 87; fat 55; protein 145; sodium 2,491; sugar 45. Net calories after exercise - 1,046. I've decided to go lower calorie until the end of the month to try and at least maintain for the month.

Exercise - Walked 4.2 miles with dogs, burned 4.2 net calories. Steps so far, 11,851. Stretching, 15 minutes.

Water - 100 oz.

Was out walking this morning by 7 am and it was freezing, for here. It was in the forties! Last night, I finally shut off the a/c and turned on the heat. It is about time...I thought we were never going to have a winter!

Had two of my meet ups yesterday...the drumming circle and tarot card. They were both great! I'm so glad I started doing these. There were anywhere from 30-50 people at the drumming circle. The sound, energy, and rhythms were absolutely amazing! I had never been to one with that many people. The other two drumming circles I've gone to were small groups of about 4 or fewer people. What a difference to have an entire crowd participating! The tarot meet-up was good, too. We did 3 and 5-card spreads. Also, we learned how to do a moon cycle spread. Very cool!

Hope you all have a great start to your week!
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 03:20 PM   #405  

Hi everyone, hope your all having a good day and good start to the week.

HanneCat
Lisa glad that you are feeling better
Diana great going on the 5 mile walk
Hi coolmom and Emily. Emily wow on that training and on Thanksgiving morning too! Your breakfast shake with coffee in it too sounds yummy
Scotsgal thanks! smile Last week about a half hour. It's cold if it's windy out but nice if it is not, even when it's in the 30's lol. With that being said, I will most likely being doing most of my workouts indoors during winter. We'll see how it goes. LOL at the wrapping! I bet you wrap them at a feverish level ahhaha I used to sit on the floor and do them, NOT now lol...I sit at the dining room table so I have plenty of room. Good for you already doing your wrapping.
MonteCristo Hi there, good to see you but so sorry to hear that you're sick. Glad your taking a nap after work and resting, hang in there and just focus on getting better. TOM can add a lot of fluids as I am sure you know, you will get rid of it
Hi merowi glad you posted as well, it's a start and a step in the right direction. I hate those weigh ins too, hope your appt. went well.
Zoniegirl thanks! smile. My foot did pull out of it and felt ok today. IT's nice that you sing....I am intrigued by this drumming circle. I think I saw one on a show, I am out in the country so we don't see too much of that but it really sounds neat!! Nice going on the walk, that cold air sure wakes one up doesn't it? lol

Sorry if I missed anyone. Last night went well although I had some nuts after and went over, like maybe 40-45 of them! DH had a huge jar (from sam's club) hidden in the basement, I gladly wanted some lol but after I saw I lost control I told him to please bring those things back down to the basement!

Today's Menu
*Breakfast-h.b egg
*Lunch -approx. 3 oz. thin and trim chicken breast slices, cucumber
*Dinner- mini meatloaf, salad
*snack-s.f fudge pop
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote