Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-07-2016, 11:45 PM   #106  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Hello all I hope you don't mind if I join. I am not new to 3FC but I have been gone for ...dare I say years? Of course guess what happens when you are gone for so long. Yep you guessed it! gained,, gained gained!. I started Adkins Oct 17 and so far have not strayed once but my results are less than impressive. All that hype about lose 10 to 15lbs first few weeks....snort ha. How about 5 in three weeks. Anyway I am just looking for a bit of support to keep me motivated and focused. I did not workout the first two weeks but last week I did 5 days out of 7 and started again this morning.

Now my question is anyone doing or have done low carb? I have done low calorie and did not have any success for me. Any tips I will take for dieting or life changes in general. oh and btw reading your threads wow you gals rock!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:46 PM   #107  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
Hi all, happy Monday
Welcome Helianthus. Glad you joined this community thread.

Today I woke to a good surprise. I do not understand it. But in one day I lost all the weight I gained during Saturday's eating event. I think perhaps Saturday's AM weight was skewed because I did not sleep the night prior. Anyway, this leaves me with 4 lbs left to reach goal.

Hoping you all have a good Monday.
I hope you reach your four pound goal soon!
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:22 AM   #108  

Hi all. Happy Tuesday
Coolmom I tried the link on my ipad and my pc. But I was able to google it. I am wondering if you might call ahead of time and ask them if you could bring your own salad dressing to use instead. That might reduce the calories. OR ask them if they have a low calorie dressing they could put on the salad instead of the BBQ ranch. AND maybe you could ask for a low calorie alternative to the "crispy onion strings". Or just omit them?? Just a thought. Good luck with eating slowly. That's not something I am familiar with.

Zoniegirl congrats on the loss.

MonteCristo great job motivating yourself to get to the goal you have for end of month

Sundove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundove View Post
Yesterday started out with high motivation. Then the anticipation of things I have to do today triggered the reward eating. I kept carbs low but ate a lot of chicken, incl the store-bought roasted chicken with skin. That was meant to be the big treat but it made me want something sweet, and I was not going to be satisfied with a shake, so I ate 2 protein bars & then a shake. Cals probably 2000-2300, mostly protein.
This is a tricky time for me, winter light and holiday busyness, extra shifts at work. I am trying not to rock the boat with my Goldilocks brain, or she might snap and eat sugary things, lots of them I need to stay out of the grocery stores as much as possible. And get outdoors
I SO relate to everything you wrote. The best and only way I found to avoid my pattern is to work with a naturopath who can tell me what foods I should be completely avoiding. eg sugar, dairy.... The naturopah moved away. And i turned 65, went on medicare which doesnt cover naturopaths. Left to my own devices I seem to do the same type of thing as you. Its a challenge.

Emily, sorry you had a tough weekend. Think of it this way: you freed him up for the perfect person with whom he will be compatible. Great job re: the workouts.

Scotsgal nice festive ticker. Are you a vegetarian? Vegan? I notice you are having trouble increasing protein.

Teri nice job on the exercise. Sorry the food is challenging for you. this is a tough time of year with all that is going on.....

gettinFit Sorry to read about the broken tooth. I broke one on popcorn once. I ate the piece of tooth. I guess thought it was an unpopped kernel. oops.

Diana congrats on your big loss. That's great

Kelijpa congrats on your loss. I know all too well about that hibernation instinct.

I missed 3 posts while I was writing mine. So I will edit 3 more things in

Sundove that sounds like a great alternative to CoolMom's delemma

Nancylmrn glad you are joining us! The more, the merrier. Congrats on starting to lose again. Believe me, I know about gain and loss and gain and....
I too had a tough time with losing a lot on the Atkins diet. UNTIL I started limiting my calories more. I just did my own version of it. Very low carbs. And low calories. That did it for me. The weight came off quickly. I hope that helps for you as well.

Steelslady Good to see you. Thank you SO much for the kind words. I appreciate it. Hope you are doing well.

Monday I worked in the garden. Cutting back plants. I went over in my calories. But did not go wild. Just ate more of my normal foods. Edited in : :trampoline: 15 minutes. Calories a tiny bit higher than anticipated. But lower than I feared. Because I ate an extra meal. But managed to keep dinner down to 200 calories. So the calories for Monday were 1150. Only a hundred more than would have been.
Hope everyone has a good Tuesday !!

Last edited by flower123; 11-08-2016 at 01:53 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:40 AM   #109  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Oh my goodness! I think I missed half of the nutrition menu when I was looking before. Hmm, they do have several things closer to the 500 cal range. Maybe the ahi or super salad would be okay. Thanks for looking, Sundove.

Flower, yes, I see the link did not work. Thanks for looking. I knew my fat girl eyes are going for the unhealthy stuff. Haha! I would love to get a glass of wine too. One meal can set me off!

Last edited by CoolMom75; 11-08-2016 at 12:45 AM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:45 AM   #110  

Flower123 Just saw your am update---nice loss there!
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:46 AM   #111  
Work in Progress

flower123,
thank you for the welcome

I am so looking forward to getting to know everyone who is regular on this thread! So many new names to remember but I will get you all sorted and slowly remember all of you.

I am off for the night
Old 11-08-2016, 06:28 AM   #112  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

178.9 this morning, whew, running late of course, lunch and bfast packed, stretches done. Trying steel cut oats for breakfast definitely have to make them the night before, I tried the overnight thing, but they didn't absorb the liquid,so I microwaved them into submission

Diana I could not get myself to exercise last night, luckily I got in my steps during the day, I will definitely have to work on the night exercising...I do like Greek yogurt and have some blueberries in the freezer, I'll have to try the parfait.

Flower congrats on the drop!

Waving Hi all around, hope everyone has a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:07 AM   #113  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Wink

nancylmrn !!!!

Drinking Shakeo for breakfast, has a banana and a handful of spinach in it too.
On today's schedule: PiYo Buns

The beautiful weather this morning (along with the time change of course) is really making me motivated to make this a good day!

Hope everyone has a good day

flower123: I do think I made the right decision. I'm more focused on myself; and although I do miss his company at times, I feel better.

-- You see what happened, was in May of this year I finally broke off a year-long verbally abusive relationship. This guy took away my self confidence, tried to control everything I did, and of course, everything was my fault.
I should have spent more time alone before seeing the Nice guy (the one i just broke up with), because I wasn't ready for a commitment but was afraid I'd lose my chance with a seriously nice guy. Sooo yeah, I felt obligated to date him because he was nice to me. haha.
Verbally abusive relationships seriously brainwash you. But the brainwash has melted away and I'm back to loving myself. Mostly

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 11-08-2016 at 07:13 AM.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:23 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 11/8/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today!

Scotsgal - It is hard to keep low on the carbs. After tracking my macros, now I understand the popularity of protein bars and shakes as a good way to get in protein, but stay low carb. Also, I eat Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt, low-fat cottage cheese, string cheese, canned tuna or canned chicken with olive oil mayo for snacks. I've cut out all fruit, bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, crackers, starchy veggies. I have to limit my dairy to no more than 3 a day and I've limited my cheese to no more than 2 oz. per day; otherwise, my fats get too high. Good luck on your plan!

Emily - I'm sorry about the break- up, but better IMO it is better to do it sooner rather than later before more feelings develop. Good job on your workouts!

Monte - good job on sticking to your workouts! Good luck on your goal for this month. I know you can do it!

Diana - Thanks for your support. Great job on your food and exercise!

Sundove - Thanks for support. Great job staying on plan for your extra calories!

CoolMom - I, too, tried the link and it didn't work. I went to the website and looked at the menu, but not the nutrition info. I find I am most satisfied with a protein and veggie combination and order the meat plain (no butter, oil or salt) and grilled or steamed veggies. I would recommend the salmon, chicken or steak entrees. I have ordered salads in the past and enjoy them, but I have found that they can be higher in calories than some of the regular entrees if I am not careful with the ingredients and dressings. I hope you enjoy your dinner out!

Nancy - Hi and welcome! Great job getting back on track and on your exercise! Hope you find lots of support here and reach your goals.

Flower - Thanks for the support. Great job sticking with on plan foods no your moderation!

Kelijpa - Congrats on getting back into the 170s!

Greetings and support to anyone I missed!

Yesterday - I added an additional 176 calories after posting. Spontaneously went to a wine group meet up and had 2 glasses of red wine. Hadn't budgeted for that.

Plan for today - calories - 1,501; carb 85; fat 65; protein 161; sodium 3,277; sugar 46.

Exercise - walk with dogs 3.5 miles, estimated to burn 350 net calories.

Water - 100 oz.

Am up early again, about 5 hours of sleep. And after I was doing so well on my sleep for awhile! Oh well. I have a Bday celebration for a friend on Thursday. I plan to abstain from alcohol and cupcakes. I'll probably bring a protein bar or string cheese to nibble on.

Hope everyone has a great day! Thanks for all of your support!
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:27 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Flower - Sorry for the typo. It is supposed to say "and for your moderation."
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:34 AM   #116  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Well day one of high protein and low calorie went pretty well.... I droped 1.6lbs over night I shouldn't get too attached to it lol I really want to blast through this week with my diet because I go away to a lodge on Saturday which has a pool and a gym to access I will be able to get a swim and gym in every single day which I am super excited about.

Flower123 Hey, No I am not veggie or Vegan, I just don't have a lot of money to buy the worlds amount of meat Yesterday I had 3 boiled eggs on toast for breakfast, then I had a tin of tuna with 100g cottage cheese with little bread things (very low in calorie and wholemeal), for dinner I had turkey with broccoli and a rice bag. I new I hadn't had enough protein or calories so I had a Greek yogurt and some little chicken bites that are a snack you can buy over here. Today I am trying to learn from my mistakes by keeping the same breakfast, but trying to think what to have for lunch... I think It will need to be cold cuts, cottage cheese and a Greek Yog to get the protein up.

EmilyLarnder Well done for coming to that realisation and making a decision that was better for you and your health.

ZonieGirl I think we both posted at the same time lol so I have edited to write back . You are right about the protein bars and stuff, only problem is, they are also high in carbs, its difficult to get more protein in without adding to your carbs unless its meat. I bought some greek yog last night to hope that it saves me a little. The only cheese I eat is 70% low fat cottage cheese I miss cheese so much. We don't get canned chicken over here, not sure why, that sounds awesome! but we do sell little chicken bites (which are baked and not breaded). Everyday is a learning curve, maybe by the end of the week Ill have a better idea of how to manage it.

Last edited by Scotsgal; 11-08-2016 at 07:38 AM.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:54 AM   #117  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

CoolMom I couldn't get your link to work but I googled. It looks like you found some options. Here's the link for their nutrition. Look under the Enlightened section: https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/b...-nutrition.pdf Hopefully this is the same place. Have fun.

nancylmrn
Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Last night I added on: Sedentary Lifestyle Stretch from Perfect in 10 stretch
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

I must have had a significant loss the previous day since I stayed the same today.

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 172.6
No Change

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:21 AM   #118  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Hello everyone, long time!!! It's good to be back!!!

So, I totally fell off the weight loss wagon and gained 10 pounds back. I had quit smoking, plus stress = night eating

Well, unfortunately I'm back to smoking, but... yesterday was my first day of getting back on track with my weight loss.

Having lost near 100 pounds, I was grateful to be able to see that I had faltered and that I have the awareness and determination to get my butt back in gear

I started this weight loss journey in October of 2014 weighing in at 323LBS, my heaviest weight ever. As of yesterday morning I was 233LBS. So, that leaves me 53 pounds to go until my GW. I'm hoping to reach that by my birthday: April 26th

Anyways, glad to be back here. I've missed this forum. Life just totally got in the way, and I let things slide. So easy to do that, eh?

So for today I've eaten -- 1c greek yogurt (breakfast)

and I will... eat a sensible lunch, eat a sensible dinner, do some type of physical activity after work (if weather permits, we're going to take our pup on a walk.)

See ya'll later. Have a fantastic day!
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:33 AM   #119  
Work in Progress

Good morning/afternoon/evening to all! I am unsure of the time zones you all live in.
Kelijpa...steel cut oats take about 20 min and you can cook the night before and they reheat great
Zoneigirl not sure how you do it on 5 hours sleep
Scostgal congrats on a huge loss and your trip sounds like a blast
Diana3271nice job on the calories and exercise
Jesikabeth wb I am new to the thread too soo whooop whoop to us newbies

If I miss you I am sorry...rush time before work

Well I did my exercise this am 3 mile walk with LS. Low carb breakfast of egg and ham, flaxseed meal and lots of water.
Sad news I changed the batteries in my scale since I was getting all kinds of inconsistant readings when I weighed in. New batteries show I am up 1.8lbs. So really bummed about it but I have to think I will be using that as my base going forward. So hard at times to find the positive.

Do any of you track your steps with a fitbit?
Old 11-08-2016, 11:53 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

nancylmrn - Hi and welcome! Too bad about the scale, but at least you'll have consistency now. I don't have a fitbit, but I do have a polar activity monitor (A300). It tracks my steps during the day. I don't really focus on steps that much, more on my workouts, but I do keep an eye on it. I try not to let it ever be below 6000, even if I do nothing more than walk the long way 'round to the bathrooms!

Jesika - Glad to see you back! Sorry about the tough time you've had lately.

So, question for those of you with advanced diplomatic skills. My stepmom made me a cake for my birthday. Which was very kind, and I appreciated it. Unfortunately, it was the WORST cake I've ever had the misfortune of eating. I went ahead and ate it because I didn't want to offend, but I was kind of ticked off that I wasted my extra birthday calories on what was truly horrid cake. If I had known it was terrible I could have been determined with my diet and not eaten it, but I didn't find out until after I got a slice, so you can't play the diet card once you've already got a slice. As silly as it is, I'm still resenting those calories days later. What would y'all have done?
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote